User Reviews for Pristiq

Major Depressive Disorder
5.8

Summary of Pristiq reviews 7.2 687 reviews

Reviews for Pristiq

For Depression "I was in a very deep depression which was induced by severe and debilitating panic attacks, for over 15 years. Without this drug I would not be here today. Medicine is not perfect, but it Is an option. And a good one."

Better now (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 4, 2018

For Depression "Took medication all of 2 days. And on the third day I threw It at my husband and told him to throw it away. I could not recall the 2 days I took the medicine. I don't know if I ate, showered, or did anything other than sleep and walk around in a fog. This medicine could be a lifesaver for someone, it just wasn’t one for me."

Wings1012 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Depression "Stay away from antidepressants they are mind altering and cause depersonalization and cause un reversable damage . I think it was worst thing I did in my life. They hand them out like candy"

Jason (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 6, 2018

For Depression "I was severely depressed for 8 months. Hospitalized for 3 weeks, suicidal. I tried Zoloft which had worked in past but got no result the second time, then at the hospital they switched me to Cymbalta. Took highest dose possible and got no relief. I then remembered I had had good results with Pristiq in the past. So I asked my doctor to change the meds again. She wanted to add Abilify to my Cymbalta but I asked to try Pristiq again. At first it was hard but after about 10 days WOW !!! I finally am back to myself. I am so relieved it was the longest and most awful 8 months of my life...I just wanted to die and now I am back loving life, so so grateful, full of energy , exercising, cooking for myself etc. !!!"

DD October 28, 2018

For Depression " I have been on this for a little over 1 month. I have gained 8lbs. I eat uncontrollably and don’t even realize it. I do not want to be on this anymore. I am finding myself to be aggressive. I actually had a confrontation with a stranger, and literally was going to get in their car and start fighting... I’m not like that.. I’m not so aggressive.. I am also grinding my teeth really bad and I have no desire to do anything..I don’t like this.. and just because a DNA test says this is the best, I don’t think it is."

Geebis70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2018

For Depression "I have been on the generic form and so far it has made me sweat a lot but my anxiety has almost gone completely away. My depression is lessening and my concentration and mood have improved dramatically. Before taking it my boss was about to firer me now he says I'm a pleasure to work with and my mood and quality of work have improved drastically. So far it has saved my life...."

Dev (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2018

For Depression "Just started using pristiq had dna test one of the meds that was supposed to work good for me"

Suzyq (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Depression "I have been on Pristiq for 10 days. Day 1-4 Constant migraines, teeth aches, insomnia, vomiting, diarrhea, no desire to eat, eye pain, brain fog, body pain, restlessness, and anxiety. I felt like I had the flu. By Day 7 I began to notice the physical symptoms go away with such great relief at feeling normal again. My depression felt at bay. I’m glad I stuck with this medication and encourage anyone else struggling at first to wait at least a week! Everyday I do something that my depressive/anxious self wouldn’t and I am proud of myself. I can converse with strangers, reply to messages right away, and get up every morning with no feeling of drowsiness and dread for what’s to come. I feel like I am finally taking control of my life. I am still having problems with my appetite and anxiety. I hope anyone else taking this with the same side effects will feel a sense of relief knowing that it will get better!"

Jessmarie September 27, 2018

For Depression "Be careful going off this med cold turkey like I did since I had increased depression and brain fog which had developed over the trial for a few weeks. Now since discontinuing the drug completely I'm now left with total sexual dysfunction, ED, and numb genitals that still haven't recovered. Any drug that induces this complication in men should be banned off the market immediately, beyond annoyed. Avoid."

kevin12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Still suffered anxiety/panic attacks whilst on it, so it didn't do much on that front. It did help regulate depressive disorder somewhat but not to any great degree."

Trex (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2018

For Depression "I am a 44 year old woman who was recently diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). After lots of unusual stress, I had a massive panic attack and subsequently began having 5-7 panic attacks a day and would wake up in terror every hours at night. At first my doctor put me on Riva Venlafaxine and to get my sleeping under control Pro Zoplicone (2 weeks). Mentally, I felt like myself again 100% but I developed giant hives all over and had severe itchy palms/feet. She switched me to Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) and the allergic reaction went away. I am normal again! I have a few mild side effects (dizzy, a bit tired, etc) but to feel normal is worth it. I tried a few beers once in a while but panic attacks seems to creep up in the days after. So I've stopped drinking alcohol. I'm still amazed at how horrible panic attacks and GAD are!"

Caramel008 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

"I started Pristiq for GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and Major Depression, mostly in response to a horrible break up. With treatment, I found myself completely rid of anxiety and nervousness, my appetite returned and I started to eat normally and function. Although not incredibly satisfied, it did help with my depression but I decided the side effects were horrid and not worth it (Weight gain, sweating, emotionless numb feelings, headaches and decrease in sex drive). Pristiq is also very difficult to get off as the withdrawals are significant. - very very good for anxiety in my case, ok for depression - horrid side effects."

Kkytj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2018

For Depression "I have Depression, Anxiety and PTSD. Pristiq has helped my mental health problems. I take 100 mg daily. If I don't take this medication, I am very emotional. I feel lost at times and ask myself why people who've known me for years, never call, visit or check on me. I served in the Gulf War. It's very painful and doesn't help my situation at all. Insurance partially covers drug."

VicG92 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2018

For Depression "Makes me very dizzy forgetful"

Anonymous September 10, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This poison is so bad."

Big t (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

For Depression "I took Pristiq years ago for major depression. Within days of taking it, I was unable to sleep. My Doctor told me to hang in there and prescribed Lunesta to help, which it did. He also told me that the Pristiq was "energizing my brain." So I stayed on it. Within about 2 to 3 weeks after taking this medication, I began to experience the darkest thoughts ever. It absolutely terrified me. Had never experienced such disturbing and intrusive thoughts in my life. Needless to say, I stopped taking it and went on Prozac, which worked better. Obviously, Pristiq has worked well for some folks, which is great, but it put me through a really big dark hole"

PJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Depression "I was prescribed 25 mg Pristiq for depression and anxiety. By day 4 I had the worst panic attack. Day 5-7, just kept getting worse. Crying all the time, increase bp. I have bp issues to begin with, so probably shouldn’t have been prescribed this. But, I did the GeneSight test and it showed Pristiq to be in the green. Oddly it showed all SSRI’s to be in the red. I had been on Paxil twice with great success. Anyway, it’s been 6 days off the Pristiq, I am still super anxious with baby panic attacks. I have been taking Xanax to try to help, but it barely touches them. I wasn’t this bad before the Pristiq. I am now going back to Paxil. Hopefully third time will still be a charm. Good luck to those trying Pristiq, it is a great drug for some. Just not all."

Ribs13 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Depression "I took Pristiq (generic) for a little more than two months and did not find it helpful for relief of my anxiety associated with my depression. My doc tried to increase the dose to 100 mg and it only caused increased anxiety. The other odd thing was some weeks it seemed to help with the depression/anxiety and then the next week I would struggle. I would say it was sometimes helpful with the depression- but I was also taking Xanax and Remeron as well so it was hard to tell which medication was really working."

rneary (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

"I have suffered from anxiety and panic disorder since I was 6. But when I became a mom I was totally overwhelmed my panic attack’s took over along with mania, mind racing and Agoraphobia. I was referred to a physiatrist who listened to me and recommended Pristiq. Pristiq was a life saver for me, it has changed my life dramatically. I no longer suffer from weekly panic attacks it’s been 5 months since I’ve had one and I have NEVER felt better. I have zero side effects with this medication unlike the others. My energy level is amazing, my mood is so upbeat and positive, my mind doesn’t race I can actually sleep at night. If you feel the medication isn’t working it probably isn’t don’t be afraid to speak up sometimes it will take months or years to get the right combination of meds. I couldn’t help myself with my anxiety, the negative thoughts and constant worrying but today it’s a different story my life has done a compete 180 degree turn"

KLW August 16, 2018

For Depression "Depression is like being dead while you're alive. It the most scary illness in the world. After doing a genetic test while on effexor (that made my depression worst) pristiq was the best result. I have no side effects, life is good again. Don't loose hope. This medication works, the side effects is due to interaction in the body chemistry, while you do a genetic test you'll find a drug that will balance your brain. I wish you all the best"

Johnny (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Depression "Recently got off of lexapro as it stopped working for me. I was put on Pristiq the side effects of pristiq lessed after a few days but were managable. The first month of use I felt little to no improvements in my mood and energy. I wanted to get off of it but wanted to try increasing 25 to 50mg. This really helped and changed my mind. I feel so much better and can finally get going. The depression doesn't feel totally gone but it is such a positive change in everything. I recommend to stay on this as in the first month you may not see a change but increasing can help. Best I've felt in months and really looking forward to things now. Recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

For Depression "My doctor and I found, with genetic testing, that zoloft (sertraline) was contraindicated for me. I started taking Pristiq and it seemed to keep me on an even keel, although somewhat irritable. However, after about 10 weeks, I started to get bloody noses; not ordinary bloody noses_ but such severe bleeding that I swallowed the blood and started to drown__blood went into my bronchial tube. I could not stop the bleeding for a half hour or more and then it started again an hour later, and then again a few days later. I had to go back to zoloft. Not so sure about those genetic tests"

Annie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Depression "I had been on pristiq 50mg for around 5 years. It helped me dramatically to get my life back on track. I noticed within the past year that it was not working as effectively as my body had probably adjusted to it so my doctor upped the dosage to 100mg recently. At first I noticed some nausea, headaches and extreme tiredness. These side effects have now subsided after a week and I’m starting to feel the full effects of the increased dosage. I feel absolutely amazing, I am focused at work, I am getting back in to my study, I have started to lose weight again due to my appetite decreasing ( I was eating way too much before due to depression) I am much more sociable and exercising again. I was also having trouble with substance abuse and that has now also stopped. Everyone’s experience with a drug is going to be a different story but I personally am very grateful for pristiq."

Amber (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 10, 2018

For Depression "Highly recommended for those suffering anxiety panic attacks depression and substance abuse. I was medicating daily with alcohol due to so stress and being depressed. Since taking pristiq cravings for alcohol disappeared within days and now really focused at work and handling stress with ease. Pristiq has helped my life back on track. Feels as if I have access to my brain again without foggy and self doubt thoughts...I no longer drink alcohol."

Happier than before (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I would probably give pristiq a zero if I could. As far as antidepressants go it was average in terms of mood-boosting, energy-boosting etc. but the side effects ruined my life. I gained around 15 pounds I can’t lose regardless of diet and exercise within around 3 months. And tapering off made me sicker than I have ever been in my life, as well as lose total control of my emotions—crying, angry outbursts, etc. yes Between depression and these side effects, I would take the depression. By the way, I’ve been off the drug almost a month and am still dealing with residual effects of the drug."

Writingbug (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...