User Reviews for Pristiq

Learn more about Pristiq.

Depression 546 reviews 80 medications

7.3
Major Depressive Disorder 33 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Summary of Pristiq reviews 579 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Pristiq

For Depression "It's an amazing drug. I have started having GAD due to the nature of my job, I had tried several meds and nothing worked for me. Pristiq made a huge difference in my life, where I felt alive again. For people afraid of withdrawal symptoms, I have weaned off Pristiq over a period of 2 months with no issues. Now after 2 months pristiq free , I am scheduling an appointment with my GP to go back on pristiq as stress levels has heightened again. The only side affect I had was lower sex drive which can be stressful, yet manageable. That's the only reason I have rated it 9"

Hassan1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2017

For Depression "I just want to share my experience with Pristiq I had suffered depression since I was 15 and tried many antidepressants that made me hallucinate, gain weight and sleep all day. The day since my doctor changed my medicine to Pristiq my life has changed for ever I can safely say that my depression is completely gone. It also diminished my anxiety by 90%. I have absolutely no side effects no weight gain, tiredness, dizziness. On the contrary, it gives me energy, and I feel happy and calm all the time. I am more social, and I laugh and live life like I used to. Pristiq saved my life, and I know that for some people it may not be the best but if you are trying to look for a new antidepressant you should definitely try Pristiq."

Jessica Sanchez January 13, 2017

For Depression "This med works well for norepinephrine uptake inhibition which is my problem. However, it can cause anorgasmia in men over 50 years of age. I can have an erection and sexual intercourse but I never finish the job. One of the side effects listed for this drug if you read the small print. I stopped using it years ago and still have side effects."

Senior M January 10, 2017

For Depression "I know one week of treatment is not a fair chance to give a medication to judge its effectiveness, I'm only reviewing the side effects. I was on the 50mg dose and the first 2-3 days were fine; no side effects noticed. However, my appetite significantly decreased to the point where I had to force myself to eat or I would go an entire day without eating. And I couldn't eat much when I did eat. I had cloudy urine and didn't have a strong flow; which made me think I had a UTI without the burning. Lower abdominal pain, some diarrhea. Lethargic all the time, no motivation to do anything. Not depressed, just didn't wanna get out of bed. Felt sleepy but couldn't sleep even with sleep mess. When I did sleep, it was very broken."

PomMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

For Depression "I have been taking 100 mg for about 6 years. I had moderate OCD, high anxiety, and then a diagnosis of depression before I started taking Pristiq. I have found it has reduced my OCD, anxiety and depression very well. Lately though I have been experiencing intrusive self-critical thoughts and excessive bruxosis (teeth grinding). I am 62 and have a heavy work load. My libido has been hugely reduced since starting on Pristiq although this may in part be due to menopause. I also occasionally experience what I would call LSD flashbacks, of a benign nature. The images I see, only at night, are of extraordinary beauty and are extremely detailed. When I open my eyes, I can still see the images. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Bingybong (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2017

For Depression "I couldn't be happier with Pristiq as it has helped me get back in the game of life again. I started taking Pristiq six weeks ago, following its recommendations and those who have had success on it. While on daily Pristiq, I also do 30 minutes of exercise (rebounding, walking, swimming), drink 2 litres of water, only 1 cup of coffee/ tea a day and no alcohol. Regular bedtime/risetime (8 hours min sleep). Quick results help me to persevere for 3 weeks to form new habits and get control of my life again. The rebounding offset my dizziness, nausea, sluggishness, constipation and "I-don't-feel-like-it"s. Pristiq and a healthier lifestyle have me feeling like my old self again, enjoying life, friendships, good health and work again."

Back in the game (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

For Depression "I took this for 4 months. It gave me awful almost dangerous constipation . I felt dumb most of the time. I was never sad nor happy. I wouldn't recommend this unless nothing else worked."

Lefty448510 December 22, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Has worked for 9 years. A very good treatment for my serious, persistent major depression with psychotic features. No psychosis or depression."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 22, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I technically have bipolar II disorder and I'm a rapid-cycler, but most of the time I experience crippling depression. I take this along with Trileptal to curb any possible hypomanic side effects. I took a genetic test and this showed up on my list of drugs that were okay to take. I'm on 25 mg, which is technically a starter dose but I've found that it's more than plenty to help with my symptoms. Within the first couple of days, my depressive thinking (intrusive thoughts, suicidal thoughts, paranoia, etc.) and daily panic attacks went down to basically nothing. I have relatively low energy still, but it sure beats feeling suicidal and anxious all the time. The only side effects I have is constipation and if I take it too late, insomnia."

Catman22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

For Depression "For years I refused medication for my depression and anxiety disorder. I had tried a few in the past (Lexapro, Effexor etc) but they hadn't helped or caused me to gain weight. After having my baby my anxiety and depression became so bad I couldn't leave the house. I met another lady who suggested this medication. I was really hesitant but I had to try something for my babies sake. This medication has really changed my life. I am A different person completely. I feel strong and don't remember the last time I cried (I use to be a daily cryer!). I am still anxious sometimes but life doesn't seem so hard anymore. Everyone that knows me has noticed the difference in me. It took about three days to get use to it, but it's been great since."

Aubs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 11, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Im 28 years old.. always been anxious, depressed and I have ADHD. I tried medication for my deficit disorder before ( concerta, vyvanse, ritalin ) I always had major heart palpitation on them and always had to stop. ( took it max for 2 weeks ) About 1 month ago I lived a shitty separation and I was very depressed, the worst breakup I experienced in my life.. i was constantly anxious, no appetite, concerned, couldnt work couldnt sleep, constantly sad and miserable... I went to see my doctor and asked for help... for something to boost my mood, control my anxiety and the most important..no weight gain. Im on it since a month and honestly I lost 10 pounds. I have no side effects and I feel better than ever. Im happy and smiling all the time"

Marylenaaaa November 23, 2016

For Depression "I know people react to medication differently, some have had great experience but most have seen the dark side of this medication. I've been on multiple medications, this is definitely the last one I will ever go on. My suicidal thoughts increased to almost daily, felt like self harming my self all the time. super irritable. I was only on the medication for 2 months, before I was on effexor for almost 2 years.. multiple medications before. I decided to wean off of it with the help of the pharmacist for a month.. after officially off of them I have never felt something so horrible as these withdrawal symptoms. so dizzy I couldn't get off out of bed for 4 days, brain zaps, shaking uncontrollably, hit and cold flashes.. ect. BE CAREFUL"

cookieee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Almost a year ago, I suffered a major depressive episode and I have tried mulriple medications. Although I experienced some minimal success at being able to easy again and get out of bed, I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder as well as Generalized Anxiety. Being on a leave from work for months, I felt pretty defeated that I would be able to get back to "normal". I took a DNA test and my doctors and I decided to try Prestiq. In the first two weeks, I has almost no side effects but it did little for my mood too. Now that I am finishing up my 4th week, I am finally seeing good results. It's early, so I couldn't rate this med a 10 but I am hopeful. This CAN work but it's not a quick response! I think this one requires patience."

Ardelean32 November 12, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on Effexor and Wellbutrin for several years and I have gained 20 lbs. That made me more depressed about myself. I told the PA I would like to try a new generation of anti depressants to see if anything changes. It has been a week and I feel great ! My anxiety has been greatly reduced! It is like how amazing life is without being afraid or worrying about everything. I still take the Wellbutrin and that is all I want to take. She wants to add Ability, that has so many bad side effects...it something to celebrate to not force a smile....good luck"

Raejebro November 11, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Switched to Pristiq from SSRI after burning through most of the SSRIs and finding Wellbutrin was great but not enough. I had GeneSight and Pristiq and Fetzima were the only green a/ds that were green lighted. Started with 50, side effects waned after a few weeks, but didn't really kick in, so upped to 100 and lowered WB. It was awful. My memory has been destroyed on Pristiq, so I can't tell you what specifically but all of my symptoms worsened. Went right back to 50 and WB 450. Pristiq is ok. It helped the incredible sadness and hopelessness and affect/flatness, nothingness. Didn't help with motivation, getting out of bed, happiness, socialization, cognition. Switching to Fetzima and crossing fingers."

MDDMom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2016

For Depression "I have tried Zoloft, lexapro, effexor and they made me feel horrible. Pristiq is different. I added it to my wellbutrin SR and Adderall daily. Calms me and drastically reduced my anxiety without making me drowsy. It works within a couple days! Worth a shot. Try it. It could change your life."

mamakitty3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2016

For Depression "Great drug!"

HTOOOOO November 3, 2016

For Depression "This poison never helped my anxiety or depression. I am currently weaning off & it is HELL. I do not recommended this med. I've also lost 1/2 my hair in the 6 months I've been on it. Only 22 years old."

Crzygirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 28, 2016

For Depression "I’m currently in month 11 of a Pristiq taper. I have tried several times over the past 20 years to stop SSRI or SNRI including Effexor and Pristiq but have experienced such horrible withdrawal symptoms that I have not been able to stop taking them. So basically I have been dependant on these drugs for 20 years, not because I really need them, but because my brain reacts violently due to withdrawal. This time I’m reducing the dose extremely slowly and it has been better than previous attempts, although I’m finding the past few weeks very, very difficult because I’m down to a quarter of a tablet every two days. I’ve been reducing the dose about 12mg-25mg at a time and staying on that dose for one month. This is the most horrible and difficult thing I have ever experienced in my life and my heart goes out to all of you who are suffering and fighting to survive this hell. I ‘m also astounded, disappointed and angry at all of the doctors and Psychiatrists who are so dismissive of this real condition and who have ignored my fears about the withdrawal syndrome and then labelled me as a ‘chronic depressive’. I hope one day this comes to public the attention and that the medical profession finally acknowledges the seriousness of this growing problem and that many people need help. The same kind of long term FREE medical rehabilitation that drug addicts and alcoholics are given."

Pink Slippers (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 15, 2016

For Depression "Have been on Prestiq 50 for 2 weeks, was previously on Effexor 75mg for 6 months. Doc has put me on the Prestiq because it is supposed to be easier to wean off of. I don't think these meds have helped my depression at all. The first few day on the Prestiq I was very dizzy, since then I am even more anxious and depressed. I am seeing my doc in a week to taper off these horrible meds. NEVER AGAIN. I also take Adderall XR 25mg twice daily for ADHD, these meds usually calm me. I am now having to take Klonopin daily just to get by. Also my hairdresser noticed how much HAIR LOSS I've had. I still don't know if this is from stress, the Effexor, Adderall or my birth control pills, since all meds can have this effect."

crazygirl66 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

For Depression "I was started on Pristiq 50mg a year ago when my moods started to get out of control, as well as my anger. I was so angry all the time, and I felt like I was always on the verge of crying. I experienced no side effects whatsoever from the Pristiq, and felt a noticable difference within a week. I'm not angry for no reason any more, and I don't feel like I have to cry when I drop a spoon. This medication worked wonders for my depression, anxiety, anger and invasive thoughts. My doctor increased the dose to 100mg after I plummeted emotionally, despite the Pristiq. The increased dosage worked! I've been on 100mg for 6 months with no side effects and no complaints."

diceable (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2016

For Depression "I wish i was told what would happen!!! The wonder drug. No depression. Little anxiety. Seemed like my problems were fixed with one little wonder pill. 50mg pristiq a day... Its been 8 months and i barely feel anything. This is no way to live life. Sure, im not as suisidal, not as anxious, not as depressed and im not flipping my lid every other day but i am numb, bored, barely characteristic, i dont find joy often nor do i care to create it. This is no quick fix!! Also, in that 8 months i have gone from 57kg to 66kg. Not a welcomed weight gain! Sex life is shit, affecting my relationship as my needs and wants have changed to nearly not caring wether i have it or not. But the worst part, IS MISSING A DOSE! I cant funtion without it.."

Jessgirl91 October 4, 2016

For Depression "I started taking Pristiq a little over a month ago, and it took over 2 months for the company to accept me into the program. Im only 18 and don't usually prescribe this medication to people who are around 18. But since I am younger, the medicine is completely free which is nice. I took a DNA test which tells you which medication is most efficient and this was the 1/3 on the list for antidepressants. Haven't had many side effects, but over the more time I take it I feel more numb. However, I didn't take the medicine for 2 days and the withdrawal is horrid."

Toucat September 29, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Hello all, I was prescribed Pristiq (50mg) for Major Depressive Disorder and severe OCD. Before going on the meds about 12weeks ago I read a lot of online forums and was terrified after reading innumerable horrible reviews! I have to say that this medication has changed my life, I feel normal again; I have energy, I am happy, I am motivated and my relationship has improved drastically! Everyone reacts differently to medications but do not be scared to try it based on the reviews you see. I experienced moderate side effects for the first 4 weeks; drowsiness (really strong in the first week), nausea, insomnia and headaches. I never experienced the 'brain zaps' and most side effects went away after week 4."

Leena Hei September 1, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Pristq. Well. It's still early days but I'd like to share my experience already with this medication. (I'm only on 50mg, no idea how in the world people are surviving on 100mg). The first few days can be described basically as absolute hell on earth. The side effects kicked in almost immediately after waking up the morning after taking it (night dose). It honestly felt exactly like coming down hard off ecstasy. I had absolutely no ability to function for hours. Then the nausea, the dizziness, the headaches, the jaw clenching, out of body feeling, feelings of euphoria and depression all at once. In short it was an absolute joy! But it does get better! And it really works a treat. I find myself laughing a lot more, anxiety is half as bad."

Abs9456 August 25, 2016