User Reviews for Pristiq

7.5

152 reviews
Summary of Pristiq reviews 7.2 809 reviews

Reviews for Pristiq

For Depression "Avoid at all costs. This drug has been awful, on it and coming off it. I would not recommend it to anyone. I had high hopes, but was lethargic for months on it, barely able to get out of bed, now coming off it for the last month I am like a bear, snapping at the smallest things and if this continues I will lose my relationship"

X (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was prescribed Pristiq after trying Lovan, Zoloft, and Mirtazipine with no avail and this was the only antidepressant that I could feel actually working. However, the side effects I experienced were an extremely dry mouth, unusual dreams and zero libido or ability to orgasm. After about 9 months I could tell it had stopped working so my psychiatrist decided to wean me off my 100mg dose; it was absolutely the hardest thing. I felt so physically sick all the time, would vomit constantly and every time I moved my eyes I got the 'brain zaps'. It took me about two months to wean myself completely off, however I was still feeling the withdrawal a full three weeks after I stopped taking it. I would only recommend this medication if you plan on staying on it for the rest of your life and I am very happy to be off it."

alaya (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018

For Depression "Taking the drug wasn't too bad. Experienced some minor constipation and case of dry mouth. However, when I tried to stop taking it I experienced the worst insomnia I have ever had in my life which led to intense depressive feelings. I was never warned the drug would be such a horror to try to quit and am upset I was not given this information. Perhaps not the greatest for short term use due to withdrawal problems."

Leesh (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

For Depression "Very effective when taken with Remeron. I was on Prozac, Zoloft, and Paxil prior to this. Zoloft and Paxil gave me horrible side effects, and Prozac stopped working. I was put on Pristiq last year and noticed an improvement, but experienced mood swings. Once I added Remeron to the mix, everything evened our and I feel genuinely happy for the first time in my life."

Jenny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2018

For Depression "Fantastic medication with virtually no side effects"

JJ (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 17, 2018

For Depression "I took this drug for about six months. Headaches, weight gain, nausea, dizzy and head spins, sleepless nights and my libido went out the window and I haven't found it since. When I finally went off the drug, the withdrawal was so bad that I wanted the world to know this drug should not be on the market. It is horrible and it messes you up. Yes it did help with the depression a bit, but no better then some of the other ones out there. Worst drug I have ever been on, including my RA drugs."

shareene (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For Depression "The first time I was put on this it worked perfectly I wasn't depressed, wasn't suicidal, no side effects at all, then a stupid doctor took me off them because he thought I shouldn't be on them, now I'm back on them again and having the WORST side effects uncontrollable shaking, head spinning like crazy, nausea, blurred vision, all around sick feeling, it was horrible it scared the crap out of me and I will NOT be taking it again. I am not going through that pain again it was to much. Felt like my heart was going to give out"

Anonymous March 6, 2018

For Depression "I have been on Pristiq for more than a month. It works immediately within a few days. I am someone who has depression on and off during course of my life (at hindsight) that I should have taken antidepressant especially my adolescent years when I was really down. Doctor suggested Lexapro 3 years ago when another episode happened but I changed my job. This time with another job issue, he suggested Pristiq instead. I looked up all the experience from here and was skeptical for a week before I took the leap and started taking the medication. I was unable to sleep for the first 2 nights that I changed to take it once I wake up and it worked! Headaches come and go. That's it for the side effect. I did not gain weight and not affecting sex life. I have never felt this happy or NORMAL before for the longest time. No temper at all that I was . I feel new again!!"

AHA (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Depression "Horrible medication with tons of severe side effects and even worse withdrawal symptoms."

PBJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018

For Depression "I suffered from depression when I was in high school , it have improved for some time , then in college I started having Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) with panic attacks and depression I have tried zoloft before which I have not find to be effective . Before I used pristiq, I used to have irritable mood, short temper, no concentration, poor sleep, low appetite, anhedonia, social anxiety , depression isolated , I was afraid to give speeches, and had poor expression of emotions. Now on Pristiq I am more social, funnier, more energetic having good appetite , more happy, more self confident and having better self esteem, I am not sensitive for rejection and I give my opinion without thinking twice . It has helped me a lot . The only draw back that it cause loss of libido and erectile dysfunction I am taking it for 2 years now ."

Soma February 25, 2018

For Depression "When I first started this drug I was on 25mg for a week. Day 1 I felt like there were no voices in my head. The rest of the week I was back to my depression and was starting to get a yeast infection. The next week I bumped up to 50mg and could barely stop moving I felt super jittery and could not focus AT ALL and was super emotional. Will stop taking this and move to something else. I recommend this drug for anyone who really enjoys the way they feel when you drink too much coffee. I do not recommend this drug for anyone who has anxiety. Even though I was restless and jittery I still felt incredibly exhausted and sleepy but was unable to sleep. Also had sexual problems. Again not a good drug to use for people with GAD or Panic disorder. Not looking forward to stopping it either because the withdraw symptoms are said to be horrible."

Slc531995 (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For Depression "I just wanted to share as when I started pristiq I googled so much about how long it would take to work. I was actually prescribed in for anxiety and panic. I had awful side effects full on for the first week, dizzy, drowsy, I felt really isolated as I felt so out of it and pretty much took the week off work and stayed in bed all day and night. I am going into my 8th week and it is only now that I can honestly say I am feeling close to being the old me- I have also started seeing a psychologist. If anyone out there is struggling I would give it at least this time. It is so hard but to persevere will be worth it hopefully."

Kelly Sydney February 10, 2018

For Depression "Helped my depression a little but not spectacularly. Did little for my anxiety. At 200mg, I put on a substantial amount of weight and had a much larger appetite than usual."

Puffy1100 February 7, 2018

For Depression "Works great for me! Tried other anti depressants and they are not as effective or have worse side effects, cymbalta works for me except that I get the worst dry mouth on it. Pristiq doesn’t do that. The bad? When I stopped taking it I had the worst withdrawal symptoms, horrid headache, queasy and overall feeling super rubbishy. So be aware when you want to go off it you will likely have to deal with that for me it lasted about 5 days?"

Xayanth (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have taken pristiq for 7 years. I have taken 100my...all of this time, I have upped my dose the past two days to 200mg..I can tell the difference and want to ask Dr to increase dose."

DW4417 January 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on this about three weeks. I'm dealing with constipation, blurry vision, inability to empty my bladder, and HORRIFIC insomnia. However, the deep depression has lifted about 75%. I will give this one more week. If the insomnia doesn't clear up by then, I will go off the drug."

melowee1977 January 28, 2018

For Depression "I wish to make your readers aware if I may of the addictive nature of 'Pristiq'. I was unfortunately placed on Pristqe by my (past) Dr. This drug did assist me in recovering from depression. However, when the time came time for me to 'stop' using this drug it became glaringly, and painfully obvious to me how addictive this drug is; the withdrawal symptoms are more painful than the original symptoms! Unfortunately for me I was not informed re: the addictive nature of this drug. If I had been informed re its addictive nature I would have categorically refused to take it! At present I am reducing my dose to 1 every second day and am still feeling the affects. Please be aware !!!"

Nickipoo January 22, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’ve been on 50 mg a day for just over a week. I am a complete zombie, and I have no desire to do anything. My life has stopped. I see my psych. very soon and will tell him about this."

Melowee1977 (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This has been my 'miracle drug'. My depression was identified as medication resistant meaning that nothing worked. ECT was suggested I refused and wanted to try a few more meds first against my Drs advice. I'm glad I did Pristiq has completely stopped my depressive lows. Thanks to my Bipolar Disorder I regularly had depressive episodes that would last for months. Now... I still have my 'down days' but are nowhere near as severe and only last a day or two..."

Jessypoo January 16, 2018

For Depression "The first 3 weeks I had side effects like anorexia, constipation and insomnia but then they all went away and now I am soooo happy I found Pristique. Literally no side effects anymore, sleep great and feel happier and calmer. I am going through a lot of life changes right now which would normally make me need hospitalization but I've been able to stay calm and work through the situations instead of turning off."

Grateful79 December 31, 2017

For Depression "Beyond horrible! It made me feel the worst I've ever felt in my entire life. Even worse than when my mother passed away. A few hours after taking my first dose I was wrought with extreme panic and a horrific sense of doom. The next few hours were spent trying desperately to calm down and none stop bawling my eyes out wishing it will stop. I got a fever and felt like I'd also just been slammed by a strong flu. It took a while to be able to sleep that night as I was still shaking from fear. When I woke up I felt a tiny bit better so thought maybe my 2nd dose may go better.. Mistake! Repeated the exact same thing. Threw the rest in the trash and spent the day crying none stop and feeling absolutely horrendous!"

Draqen45 December 27, 2017

For Depression "Feel down and nervous on higher dose. Stick with 100mg or less for a while. Over 100mg might be too much, for me it is. I take klonopin, prazosin for PTSD, and latuda for mood swings. Don't give up unless it makes you horribly sick to your stomach or other side effects, but talk to your doctor first."

DownUpper (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

For Depression "Good Med! Little skeptical about helping me. I have a bad habit of changing my dosages on my own. I find 200mg to be good. I take Latuda as well which is a anti-depressant booster sort of. Appetite is normal sometimes not as bad as I thought. No vomiting but diarrhea instead. I have a bad gall bladder which needs to be removed maybe why I'm so loose on the stool. Stick with it."

HowardDuckworth (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

For Depression "Ever since I have taken this, (almost 5 months) I seriously don't care about anything. I want to but I don't, my processing is slow, and I feel angry and agitated all the time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Depression "Eight years ago, I had a hysterectomy and afterwords suffered deep depression. Pristiq took me out of a deep pit and made me able to live a normal life again. One caution: Make sure that your doctor is prescribing and your pharmacy is filling the name brand and not the generic. When I switched to the generic, it did absolutely nothing to help me, and in fact, made my depression worse. And after just one day back on Pristiq proper, I have peace and calm again and happiness."

Lisamomm (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 6, 2017