User Reviews for Pristiq

Major Depressive Disorder
5.8

Summary of Pristiq reviews 7.2 707 reviews

Reviews for Pristiq

For Depression "A week later after one dose and I'm still having problems. Fits of shallow yawning, trouble falling asleep without spasming, fuzzy frontal lobe, and I've noticed caffeine makes me feel awful. Very upsetting."

John D (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking Pristq about two weeks ago and I'm throughly happy with the results. It's been a major life savor and probably be Dead if it wasn't for it. I was on Celexa for about 2 and a half years and all of a sudden it stopped working and it was the absolute worst time in my life !!! I couldn't take it anymore and scheduled an emergency appointment with my mental health doctor. He put me on Pristq and I couldn't be any happier. It took about a week for it to kick in but when it did I was a completely different person and everyone and their Grandma noticed a major change in my moods. I have more energy , I'm not laying in bed all day stuck in my own thoughts and I'm on cloud 9 with my depression. Although I do notice I sweat more often and poop a lot more but I will take it over contemplating my suicide. Also I suggest taking it the mornings at the same time everyday . It wakes you up and gives you more energy so daytime is the best time."

Daisy April 2, 2019

For Depression "This medication has given me such relief from my depression it’s amazing. I don’t metabolize SSRI’s only SNRI’s and cymbalta didn’t work at all (SNRI). I have had no side effects at all. Everyone is different clearly it has worked for some, but getting a buccal swab to see what meds your body can metabolize is the newest and most accurate method. That way you don’t have to try a million anti depressants to find which will work for you personally."

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2019

For Depression "Every body is different so I think it’s important to listen to your body when taking any med’s. For me personally for my depression, Pristiq has been AMAZING!!! I also use exercise and try to stay somewhat healthy along with it. But I have had a great experience with this drug. So if your looking to try one I would say it’s worth a try."

Kiki (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 25, 2019

For Depression "Has been working great for me for the past 4 years. I have only taken the Pfizer version since generics are not available where I live. It’s expensive but the only antidepressant to work consistently for me and I’ve tried a lot of them—Prozac, Lexapro, Brintellix and even Valdoxen. Additionally as an SNRI, it not just relieves depressive symptoms but also gets you up and about and motivated to do things."

30smthng (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2019

For Depression "Used other anti-depressants with mild success. Doctor switched me over from Celexa to Pristiq and it's worked well for me. I'm not lying in bed all day and I have more energy. I also stopped having the dark and depressing dreams I used to have, they changed to normal good dreams."

BountytheDogHunter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "This had been a terrible medication for me, I guess I was happy and I was told I seemed happy, but the reality it gave me massive memory loss. I have 6 months of my life that I literally can't remember. The memory loss was shown to me through videos and pictures. Went back to a previous drug and things were much better."

Platypus March 17, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I recently came to terms with my mental illness and decided to seek help. I decided to take pristiq after it had been sitting in my cabinet for over a month. Day 1 was terrible - I couldn’t eat, I was nauseous, paranoid, socially withdrawn, went to hot yoga and almost fainted (pristiq makes you sweat a lot! Body temperature sky rockets). Day 2 was not quite so bad.. but still was not sure if I should continue because I felt a lot of brain fog. I felt kind of numb too. Although! No irritability or depressive symptoms on those first two days. So I gave day 3 a shot & I've been good ever since then. I’m only on my 2nd week now, but I just wanted to write to people who may want to give up after the first week of bad symptoms and tell them my story. Because I’ve felt great ever since then and I have had no melt downs, haven’t cried once, or yelled at anyone, or questioned my own self worth. So good luck to anyone who’s going on the same journey. I hope we all find the right cure."

32 year old finally found hope March 13, 2019

For Depression "don't ever, ever take this - for any reason."

dan37544 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2019

For Depression "Pristiq is the only antidepressant that gives you all side effects and no relief! Do NOT take this garbage! You will NEVER sleep. You will be up ALL NIGHT with dry mouth and anxiety! Don't trust any Dr. They are all liars!"

Tara (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I’ve been taking 100mg for 12 months. It has made absolutely no difference whatsoever to my depression. I’ve gained (20 kg) 40 lbs, not lost. Pristiq states that weight loss is common. No side effects. Disappointed that this med is like taking a placebo."

toffytruffles February 28, 2019

For Depression "Previously on Lexapro for 6 months. Then as my depression is back I was switched to Prestig 50. This work well for me. However after one year the dosage have to be increased to 100mg. Pretty happy with the drug. Recommend to others and I do not have any major side effects."

Danny Boy (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 23, 2019

For Depression "So the thing with pristiq is that you feel worse before you feel better. I’ve been on and off it for years. Don’t skip a Day otherwise you’ll probably develop brain zaps until you take the tablet. If you want to wean off you have to do it slowly so you don’t experience withdrawals. I recently started taking it again due to PND (post natal depression) and as it usually takes about 6 weeks before it kicks in I’m extremely calm which is probably the best thing for me. I also have chronic fatigue and b12 and iron deficiency and taking pristiq in 200mg makes me not want to sleep all day. I’ve been on it for about 4 months now and I’m slowly feeling better. When I was on the same meds at 14 at 200mg it put me in remission for about 6 months but I made the mistake of weaning off it. It’s not for everyone but It helped me in the past and I’m praying it helps me again."

Tkoor3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have major depression and horrible anxiety since childhood. I have been on Pristiq for 3 years. I tried many many antidepressants and they either didn't work or the side effects were so awful I had to discontinue before it worked. I'm sensitive to medication but had no problems with Pristiq. I never have had the foggy/zombie feeling like other antidepressants can cause. It worked really good for about 2 1/2 years (really stopped working when I was switched to generic) Now I am slowly tapering off onto a new med. Just be careful coming off Pristiq. I went 5 days without it (issues with insurance and doctor's office) and it was a living nightmare! Full blown panic attacks, dizziness, severe nausea, brain zaps and out of touch with reality. Overall, I would recommend Pristiq. Everyone's body is different but it worked wonders for me!"

Mom2boys (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 15, 2019

For Depression "I asked to go on Pristiq after a long, difficult road with Lamictal. I had tried countless other anti-depressants and had hit rock bottom. I can honestly say, with me Pristiq has been the best fit. I am not too tired, it helps with my substance cravings, attention span, mood, and hasn't caused any weight gain. I have moments of actual joy and feel like myself again. Yes, in the beginning (first 2 -3 weeks) there were some side effects such as brain fog, fast heart rate, and just feeling funky, but after a month I really felt it working. My friends and family can see it too, and are so grateful to have me back. Side effects to date: At times I get restless legs, when I work out I sweat... a lot (like pure glistening. I wouldn't say it's not sexy) and sometimes I get a racing heart. Overall definitely worth it."

d.r. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have severe depression and severe anxiety. I have tried EVERYTHING. My mother committed suicide 5 years ago and my father has had depression as long as I have known him so it comes from both sides. Pristiq ER 100mg is the only medication that I have found that helps both my depression and anxiety and in fact, helps me lose weight! It’s expensive but completely worth it. I now have the energy to play with my 4 year old and clean the house, run errands and “adult” in general."

MJD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2019

For Depression "After trying MANY medications and combination with varying dosages I was struggling with my depression more than I ever had before. Pristiq really helped me fairly quickly as far as these type is medications go. I had little side effects other than dry mouth and if you forget to take your daily dosage you will remember the next day because you will feel dizzy and have these weird electrical zaps in your head. I have been on it for about 5 years and it has continued to work great. I have motivation and enough things I had forgot about it. I hear myself laugh and it is the best feeling ever. When the generic brands came out I do feel they are less effective. Each month I get different generic brands that seem to work different than each other. I also had no weight gain on this medication which I know is a big deal for people taking these kinds of medications. I take mine at night because it does make me a little sleepy."

Keep.on.going (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 8, 2019

For Depression "I am 19 years old, and I was prescribed pristiq for depression about 2 months ago, and I have certainly noticed positive improvements. The first few days on it were very interesting - I couldn't sleep, didn't want to eat, but at the same time I had a lot of energy and felt pretty good. This phase went away after about 3-4 days, and everything was back to normal. After about 2 weeks, I wanted to get out and do things everyday, which was positive, but the depression was still there for the most part. Over the next 4 weeks, I SLOWLY noticed the depression disappearing, and now I find it is alot easier to brush off negative thoughts that depression brings. Just remember, this drug takes along time to work. Stay patient with it. My Doc also told me that EACH SSRI/SNRI has about a 66% success rate. So, if pristiq doesnt work for you, try another SSRI and it will have a 66% hit rate. Therefore after trying 3 or 4 different SSRI's, the chances are very high of one of those working for you."

doova23 January 8, 2019

For Depression "I was suffering from depression and panic attacks after taking prestiq 50mg and with proper diet and daily workout and swimming I am very much comfortable ."

Niru (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was diagnosed bipolar with major depression 10 years ago. I have tried other medications (lexapro, cymbalta, lithium), but found the only thing that they did was make me tired, angry and lash out. Pristiq was then prescribed and since taking it my mood has improved considerably. No more dark thoughts, panic attacks or social anxiety. I am on a very high dosage but it works for me. The only side effects I have is insomnia, mild nose bleeds and a slightly higher blood pressure. I’ll be on this for the rest of my life, but it’s better than being depressed and suicidal."

Lee (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 17, 2018

For Depression "I was in a very deep depression which was induced by severe and debilitating panic attacks, for over 15 years. Without this drug I would not be here today. Medicine is not perfect, but it Is an option. And a good one."

Better now (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 4, 2018

For Depression "Took medication all of 2 days. And on the third day I threw It at my husband and told him to throw it away. I could not recall the 2 days I took the medicine. I don't know if I ate, showered, or did anything other than sleep and walk around in a fog. This medicine could be a lifesaver for someone, it just wasn’t one for me."

Wings1012 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Depression "Stay away from antidepressants they are mind altering and cause depersonalization and cause un reversable damage . I think it was worst thing I did in my life. They hand them out like candy"

Jason (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 6, 2018

For Depression "I was severely depressed for 8 months. Hospitalized for 3 weeks, suicidal. I tried Zoloft which had worked in past but got no result the second time, then at the hospital they switched me to Cymbalta. Took highest dose possible and got no relief. I then remembered I had had good results with Pristiq in the past. So I asked my doctor to change the meds again. She wanted to add Abilify to my Cymbalta but I asked to try Pristiq again. At first it was hard but after about 10 days WOW !!! I finally am back to myself. I am so relieved it was the longest and most awful 8 months of my life...I just wanted to die and now I am back loving life, so so grateful, full of energy , exercising, cooking for myself etc. !!!"

DD October 28, 2018

For Depression " I have been on this for a little over 1 month. I have gained 8lbs. I eat uncontrollably and don’t even realize it. I do not want to be on this anymore. I am finding myself to be aggressive. I actually had a confrontation with a stranger, and literally was going to get in their car and start fighting... I’m not like that.. I’m not so aggressive.. I am also grinding my teeth really bad and I have no desire to do anything..I don’t like this.. and just because a DNA test says this is the best, I don’t think it is."

Geebis70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2018