User Reviews for Desloratadine to treat Urticaria

Also known as: Clarinex, Aerius, Clarinex Reditabs, Neoclarityn

Desloratadine Rating Summary

4.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 105 medications used in the treatment of Urticaria.

Reviews for Desloratadine

Anders November 8, 2019

Aerius (desloratadine): “I am 64 years old and suddenly developed a severe itch on my hands back legs etc. The itching was intolerable. I went to my local clinic and was prescribed Aerius tablets 5mg x 1 per day, with Aristocort 3 x a day. Neither medications relieved my condition one bit. My hands are so swollen and red and now the rash has spread to my feet. The GP said at the time both medications will give me relief in a few hours. They didn't, and now it's 10 hrs later. I am so sore, itchy and swollen and it's 10pm so I'm going to the hospital.”

Welshy · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

“This drug (desloratadine) was absolutely useless. I was taken fexofenadine which the doctor told me was the strongest antihistamine and that didn't work then she give me these which has a less strength but for me to take 2 a day in the 1st week then go back to normal dose. I'm only in the 1st week and my rash is worse than when I was taking the fexofenadine I am totally fed up this itching is driving me nuts and I have an holiday coming up . I'm getting really worried now I'm not going to get this under control”

Yarbdor · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2018

“Chronic Hives - Worked very well at first but was effective for less and less length of time over two months. Eventually down from 24 hour to 6 or 8 hours before I changed medication. Reduced or eliminated itching and burning but not appearance so much.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2017

“It doesn't work 100% but makes the itching livable and functional. I live in France and 30 tablets cost $5, so I suggest leaving the country if you need meds”

Anonymous November 10, 2008

Clarinex (desloratadine): “I have the 'fast heartbeat', but is much better to deal with than the refractory hives I have. Only Doxepin and Clarinex abate the itching.”

Learn more about Urticaria

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)