User Reviews for Desloratadine

Also known as: Aerius, Clarinex, Clarinex Reditabs, Neoclarityn

Learn more about Desloratadine.

Urticaria 1 reviews 188 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 12 reviews 877 medications

6.6
Summary of Desloratadine reviews 13 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Desloratadine

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I like the medication, it does what it is supposed to do and is quick. However, it does not last 24 hours. I can only get 10 - 12 hours maximum. three others in my household are using it and they get the same results. So in the evening when the allergies come back full blown you have already taken the prescribed meds for 24 hours ... what do you do?"

Grizwald September 14, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have taken this medication before, seems to help a little; have to drink plenty of water to get relief, but, joint pain, and headaches come and go, and little relief of this medication, I continue to take it for the doctor recommendation, but, I tolarate it"

city life (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "For several years I had been using a corticosteroid nasal spray to control my seasonal allergies, the spray worked great but I would wake up every morning with a very dry nose and occasional bleeding. My allergist said the spray should only be used for breakthrough allergies and that I should be taking an OTC antihistamine every day during allergy season. His recommendation was cetirizine but it made me so sleepy that I could barely function for the 24hrs it was in my system. I then tried loratadine but experienced the same thing. I moved onto desloratadine but was skeptical since it's the activated form of loratadine that it would also make me drowsy. Surprisingly it doesn't!"

Anonymous June 6, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I used this for like 2 weeks I must say it really worked. I had watery and very itchy eyes. It worked on me immediately . But the worst thing is this drug makes me so sleepy and drowsy. And I hate that."

maleesha perera February 15, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Horrible, Massive waste of money and it just doesn't work I tried to use Sudafed spray instead which helped heaps. The only people I would recommend this medicine to is if I want them to suffer."

The Sick Sick Man August 10, 2015

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took my first Clarinex 5mg 3 hours ago. I'm nauseous, lightheaded, shaky and tired. I'm calling my Doctor to tell him I can't take it. I can't wait for it to be out of my system."

Anonymous July 28, 2011

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Clarinex is absolutely wonderful when it comes to treating allergic rhinitis, itching, sneezing, rash, asthma like feeling. However lately I've been getting skipped heart beat feeling and lightheadedness after taking it for 2 years now. I'm guessing it's due to Clarinex since I'm not taking any other medicines other than an occasional Biotin tablet."

Dpen23 June 23, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I used this drug for controlling allergy to dust, mold etc. It took a while to work for me. It is not quick acting such as Benadryl. Once you have taken Clarinex for about a month it has controlled my allergies quite well. However, after using the drug for years I have some breakthrough allergies and have to use Benadryl anyway. I have a lot of low grade headaches, palpitations (which may be stress or the drug), and have developed over the years dyshydrotic eczema or something like it. "

Anonymous November 9, 2009

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It seems to be helping pretty quick. An hour and half later I have the side effects of dry mouth and extreme tiredness."

Anonymous October 20, 2009

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I developed strong allergies several years ago after moving out of a house where a dog was staying. I put up with said allergies for 4 years, I'm not an advocate of western medicine practices, but after all that time suffering I decided to bite the bullet and take an anti-histamine. Aerius has worked incredibly well for me. While dog dander and dust still tickle my nose and make me sneeze every once in a long while no allergic reaction takes place. This means that I might sneeze once but I rarely get stuffed up and never does my nose run for days on end. However, it's expensive and I will be switching to a similar medicine."

JohnyD October 15, 2009

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Great relief. Other ones make me sleepy."

Alpha11 June 29, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I use Clarinex tabs 5mg for sinusitis. It helps me more then all the antibiotics and nasal sprays the doctor was prescribes."

hypo June 6, 2009

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Urticaria: "I have the 'fast heartbeat', but is much better to deal with than the refractory hives I have. Only Doxepin and Clarinex abate the itching."

Anonymous November 10, 2008