User Reviews for Desloratadine

Allergic Rhinitis 5.4
Urticaria 4.8

Reviews for Desloratadine

Linda · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I developed blisters after I took Aerius. The blisters were on my palms, lips and feet. The antihistamine did not take care of the itch either. Zero benefit, and had to see a doctor and a dermatologist for the symptoms. Very disappointed with Aerius.”

crabinov · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Aerius rocks my world! I have been chronically clearing my throat for months. During the day, during the night, it didn't matter - if I was awake, I was clearing my throat. Since I sleep with a CPAP machine, it was particularly annoying. My throat has felt gummy and swollen/restricted. A few days ago I did a google search and found that the most frequent cause of the need to clear your throat is allergies. Allergies are nothing new to me - I've been allergic to everything that sways in the wind for years, plus various indoor allergens. I went back onto google and found that corticosteroids and/or. allergy tablets help with many symptoms. However, the allergy tablet I had been using, does not have anything for throats. I remembered that a friend of mine and her family use Aerius, so I decided to try it, especially since it says it relieves scratchy throats. Lo and behold, I took my first Aerius tablet this morning and I have not had to clear my throat all day!!”

jb · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 12, 2020

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “makes me anxious and trouble sleeping but does limit nasal reactions to spring tree budding.”

Jack · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “A complete waste of money. I’ve taken 4 today and it’s done nothing for me.”

Anders November 8, 2019

Aerius (desloratadine) for Urticaria: “I am 64 years old and suddenly developed a severe itch on my hands back legs etc. The itching was intolerable. I went to my local clinic and was prescribed Aerius tablets 5mg x 1 per day, with Aristocort 3 x a day. Neither medications relieved my condition one bit. My hands are so swollen and red and now the rash has spread to my feet. The GP said at the time both medications will give me relief in a few hours. They didn't, and now it's 10 hrs later. I am so sore, itchy and swollen and it's 10pm so I'm going to the hospital.”

Vinnievince43 · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2019

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This is by far one of the useless drugs I have taken to treat seasonal allergies. Not only I didn’t work but it made me feel very sedated and dizzy with a severe increase in anxiety. One thing to remember is that it’s basically the same as loratadine but at a huge price. I return to my usual Reactine (cetirizine) and I feel much better! It works every time without any side effect. For a better allergy control, I use the cetirizine with Flonase nasal spray and I have a complete remission of all my seasonal allergies including my runny nose, itchy throat, sneezing and watery eyes and the effect last 24 hours.”

Tgreens · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 15, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been in desloratadine for about about 8 months now. I do find that it provides relief when taken every single day. It does make me slightly dizzy/disoriented, so my doctor recommended for me to take it right before bed. I do have symptom relief but I wish it were a little stronger. I have severe environmental allergies and use Flonase 2x a day as well, the combo does help me a great deal.”

Welshy · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Urticaria: “This drug (desloratadine) was absolutely useless. I was taken fexofenadine which the doctor told me was the strongest antihistamine and that didn't work then she give me these which has a less strength but for me to take 2 a day in the 1st week then go back to normal dose. I'm only in the 1st week and my rash is worse than when I was taking the fexofenadine I am totally fed up this itching is driving me nuts and I have an holiday coming up . I'm getting really worried now I'm not going to get this under control”

Yarbdor · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2018

For Urticaria: “Chronic Hives - Worked very well at first but was effective for less and less length of time over two months. Eventually down from 24 hour to 6 or 8 hours before I changed medication. Reduced or eliminated itching and burning but not appearance so much.”

Rosti September 3, 2018

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This was useless for ragweed allergy. 0 sinus relief”

festus · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I tried it as I got it on sale at shoppers 70 pack. What a mistake - 2 1/2 hours before any signs of it working ( Aerius). It did not relieve symptoms especially itching and runny nose. I felt like I was drugged ( not myself ) - felt tired and had to lay down. I tried it several times and still not happy. It did not last 24 hours and I only felt some relief 12 to 18 hrs. in. It does not do what it says on the package so I switched back to reactine. Even though it is a generic antihistamines - no problems and I got the effects within 1/2 hr. and all symptoms gone. I was not drowsy or dopey and 24 hr, relief. Nice try Bayer but you have a dud on your hands - will never buy it again. Anyone want 60 freebies?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2017

For Urticaria: “It doesn't work 100% but makes the itching livable and functional. I live in France and 30 tablets cost $5, so I suggest leaving the country if you need meds”

Grizwald September 14, 2016

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I like the medication, it does what it is supposed to do and is quick. However, it does not last 24 hours. I can only get 10 - 12 hours maximum. three others in my household are using it and they get the same results. So in the evening when the allergies come back full blown you have already taken the prescribed meds for 24 hours ... what do you do?”

city life · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have taken this medication before, seems to help a little; have to drink plenty of water to get relief, but, joint pain, and headaches come and go, and little relief of this medication, I continue to take it for the doctor recommendation, but, I tolarate it”

Anonymous June 6, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “For several years I had been using a corticosteroid nasal spray to control my seasonal allergies, the spray worked great but I would wake up every morning with a very dry nose and occasional bleeding. My allergist said the spray should only be used for breakthrough allergies and that I should be taking an OTC antihistamine every day during allergy season. His recommendation was cetirizine but it made me so sleepy that I could barely function for the 24hrs it was in my system. I then tried loratadine but experienced the same thing. I moved onto desloratadine but was skeptical since it's the activated form of loratadine that it would also make me drowsy. Surprisingly it doesn't!”

maleesha perera February 15, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I used this for like 2 weeks I must say it really worked. I had watery and very itchy eyes. It worked on me immediately . But the worst thing is this drug makes me so sleepy and drowsy. And I hate that.”

The Sick Sick Man August 10, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Horrible, Massive waste of money and it just doesn't work I tried to use Sudafed spray instead which helped heaps. The only people I would recommend this medicine to is if I want them to suffer.”

Anonymous July 28, 2011

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I took my first Clarinex 5mg 3 hours ago. I'm nauseous, lightheaded, shaky and tired. I'm calling my Doctor to tell him I can't take it. I can't wait for it to be out of my system.”

Dpen23 June 23, 2011

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Clarinex is absolutely wonderful when it comes to treating allergic rhinitis, itching, sneezing, rash, asthma like feeling. However lately I've been getting skipped heart beat feeling and lightheadedness after taking it for 2 years now. I'm guessing it's due to Clarinex since I'm not taking any other medicines other than an occasional Biotin tablet.”

Anonymous November 9, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I used this drug for controlling allergy to dust, mold etc. It took a while to work for me. It is not quick acting such as Benadryl. Once you have taken Clarinex for about a month it has controlled my allergies quite well. However, after using the drug for years I have some breakthrough allergies and have to use Benadryl anyway. I have a lot of low grade headaches, palpitations (which may be stress or the drug), and have developed over the years dyshydrotic eczema or something like it. ”

Anonymous October 20, 2009

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It seems to be helping pretty quick. An hour and half later I have the side effects of dry mouth and extreme tiredness.”

JohnyD October 15, 2009

Aerius (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I developed strong allergies several years ago after moving out of a house where a dog was staying. I put up with said allergies for 4 years, I'm not an advocate of western medicine practices, but after all that time suffering I decided to bite the bullet and take an anti-histamine. Aerius has worked incredibly well for me. While dog dander and dust still tickle my nose and make me sneeze every once in a long while no allergic reaction takes place. This means that I might sneeze once but I rarely get stuffed up and never does my nose run for days on end. However, it's expensive and I will be switching to a similar medicine.”

Alpha11 June 29, 2009

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Great relief. Other ones make me sleepy.”

hypo June 6, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I use Clarinex tabs 5mg for sinusitis. It helps me more then all the antibiotics and nasal sprays the doctor was prescribes.”

Anonymous November 10, 2008

Clarinex (desloratadine) for Urticaria: “I have the 'fast heartbeat', but is much better to deal with than the refractory hives I have. Only Doxepin and Clarinex abate the itching.”