User Reviews for Desloratadine to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Also known as: Clarinex, Aerius, Clarinex Reditabs, Neoclarityn

Desloratadine Rating Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 284 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Desloratadine

Anonymous September 4, 2020

“I’m very sensitive to any types of medications. Although it did take away my allergy symptoms it caused me the most insane anxiety that I had to leave work. Heart was racing, shaking, stomach upset, loss of appetite , tiredness yet I felt zapped at the same time.”

Linda · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

Aerius (desloratadine): “I developed blisters after I took Aerius. The blisters were on my palms, lips and feet. The antihistamine did not take care of the itch either. Zero benefit, and had to see a doctor and a dermatologist for the symptoms. Very disappointed with Aerius.”

crabinov · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2020

“Aerius rocks my world! I have been chronically clearing my throat for months. During the day, during the night, it didn't matter - if I was awake, I was clearing my throat. Since I sleep with a CPAP machine, it was particularly annoying. My throat has felt gummy and swollen/restricted. A few days ago I did a google search and found that the most frequent cause of the need to clear your throat is allergies. Allergies are nothing new to me - I've been allergic to everything that sways in the wind for years, plus various indoor allergens. I went back onto google and found that corticosteroids and/or. allergy tablets help with many symptoms. However, the allergy tablet I had been using, does not have anything for throats. I remembered that a friend of mine and her family use Aerius, so I decided to try it, especially since it says it relieves scratchy throats. Lo and behold, I took my first Aerius tablet this morning and I have not had to clear my throat all day!!”

jb · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 12, 2020

Aerius (desloratadine): “makes me anxious and trouble sleeping but does limit nasal reactions to spring tree budding.”

Jack · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

Aerius (desloratadine): “A complete waste of money. I’ve taken 4 today and it’s done nothing for me.”

Vinnievince43 · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2019

Aerius (desloratadine): “This is by far one of the useless drugs I have taken to treat seasonal allergies. Not only I didn’t work but it made me feel very sedated and dizzy with a severe increase in anxiety. One thing to remember is that it’s basically the same as loratadine but at a huge price. I return to my usual Reactine (cetirizine) and I feel much better! It works every time without any side effect. For a better allergy control, I use the cetirizine with Flonase nasal spray and I have a complete remission of all my seasonal allergies including my runny nose, itchy throat, sneezing and watery eyes and the effect last 24 hours.”

Tgreens · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 15, 2019

“I have been in desloratadine for about about 8 months now. I do find that it provides relief when taken every single day. It does make me slightly dizzy/disoriented, so my doctor recommended for me to take it right before bed. I do have symptom relief but I wish it were a little stronger. I have severe environmental allergies and use Flonase 2x a day as well, the combo does help me a great deal.”

Rosti September 3, 2018

Aerius (desloratadine): “This was useless for ragweed allergy. 0 sinus relief”

festus · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2018

“I tried it as I got it on sale at shoppers 70 pack. What a mistake - 2 1/2 hours before any signs of it working ( Aerius). It did not relieve symptoms especially itching and runny nose. I felt like I was drugged ( not myself ) - felt tired and had to lay down. I tried it several times and still not happy. It did not last 24 hours and I only felt some relief 12 to 18 hrs. in. It does not do what it says on the package so I switched back to reactine. Even though it is a generic antihistamines - no problems and I got the effects within 1/2 hr. and all symptoms gone. I was not drowsy or dopey and 24 hr, relief. Nice try Bayer but you have a dud on your hands - will never buy it again. Anyone want 60 freebies?”

Grizwald September 14, 2016

Aerius (desloratadine): “I like the medication, it does what it is supposed to do and is quick. However, it does not last 24 hours. I can only get 10 - 12 hours maximum. three others in my household are using it and they get the same results. So in the evening when the allergies come back full blown you have already taken the prescribed meds for 24 hours ... what do you do?”

city life · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2016

“I have taken this medication before, seems to help a little; have to drink plenty of water to get relief, but, joint pain, and headaches come and go, and little relief of this medication, I continue to take it for the doctor recommendation, but, I tolarate it”

Anonymous June 6, 2016

“For several years I had been using a corticosteroid nasal spray to control my seasonal allergies, the spray worked great but I would wake up every morning with a very dry nose and occasional bleeding. My allergist said the spray should only be used for breakthrough allergies and that I should be taking an OTC antihistamine every day during allergy season. His recommendation was cetirizine but it made me so sleepy that I could barely function for the 24hrs it was in my system. I then tried loratadine but experienced the same thing. I moved onto desloratadine but was skeptical since it's the activated form of loratadine that it would also make me drowsy. Surprisingly it doesn't!”

maleesha perera February 15, 2016

“I used this for like 2 weeks I must say it really worked. I had watery and very itchy eyes. It worked on me immediately . But the worst thing is this drug makes me so sleepy and drowsy. And I hate that.”

The Sick Sick Man August 10, 2015

“Horrible, Massive waste of money and it just doesn't work I tried to use Sudafed spray instead which helped heaps. The only people I would recommend this medicine to is if I want them to suffer.”

Anonymous July 28, 2011

Clarinex (desloratadine): “I took my first Clarinex 5mg 3 hours ago. I'm nauseous, lightheaded, shaky and tired. I'm calling my Doctor to tell him I can't take it. I can't wait for it to be out of my system.”

Dpen23 June 23, 2011

Clarinex (desloratadine): “Clarinex is absolutely wonderful when it comes to treating allergic rhinitis, itching, sneezing, rash, asthma like feeling. However lately I've been getting skipped heart beat feeling and lightheadedness after taking it for 2 years now. I'm guessing it's due to Clarinex since I'm not taking any other medicines other than an occasional Biotin tablet.”

Anonymous November 9, 2009

“I used this drug for controlling allergy to dust, mold etc. It took a while to work for me. It is not quick acting such as Benadryl. Once you have taken Clarinex for about a month it has controlled my allergies quite well. However, after using the drug for years I have some breakthrough allergies and have to use Benadryl anyway. I have a lot of low grade headaches, palpitations (which may be stress or the drug), and have developed over the years dyshydrotic eczema or something like it. ”

Anonymous October 20, 2009

Clarinex (desloratadine): “It seems to be helping pretty quick. An hour and half later I have the side effects of dry mouth and extreme tiredness.”

JohnyD October 15, 2009

Aerius (desloratadine): “I developed strong allergies several years ago after moving out of a house where a dog was staying. I put up with said allergies for 4 years, I'm not an advocate of western medicine practices, but after all that time suffering I decided to bite the bullet and take an anti-histamine. Aerius has worked incredibly well for me. While dog dander and dust still tickle my nose and make me sneeze every once in a long while no allergic reaction takes place. This means that I might sneeze once but I rarely get stuffed up and never does my nose run for days on end. However, it's expensive and I will be switching to a similar medicine.”

Alpha11 June 29, 2009

Clarinex (desloratadine): “Great relief. Other ones make me sleepy.”

hypo June 6, 2009

“I use Clarinex tabs 5mg for sinusitis. It helps me more then all the antibiotics and nasal sprays the doctor was prescribes.”

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)