User Reviews for Amrix

7.2

Summary of Amrix reviews 7.3 33 reviews

Reviews for Amrix

sass1217 · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

For Muscle Spasm "All I can say is: WOW! Amrix works! I have tried every muscle relaxant under the sun, including Valium, the gold standard of hospitals. Nothing seemed to help. I have moderate to severe muscle spasticity and rigidity. I was in agony before Amrix and noticed a difference on the VERY FIRST DAY! Since I have tried all the alternatives my insurance company had suggested, I was able to get this pre-authorized and covered. If you suffer from muscle pain, spasm, rigidity and trigger points, this is a MUST try."

lie2menomo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 4, 2019

"Almost died taking this medication. I was amrix for anxiety (off label) I was given something that was very dangerous and without the consideration to risk. I am sure this medication makes people feel good if sleep is needed, I just hope they know they will be too tired and confused to realize the truth. Just getting health back. Sick of dangerous medication."

Dazzle Me · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I had a cervical dissection and had C5,6 & C5,7 removed and replaced with bone and other material, titanium bar over thee vertebrae and 6 screws, ground out all the calcium and bone spurs from arthritis. I wanted something I can work on weaker than soma. My Dr prescribed 30 mg. For 14 days I've taken 5 I haven't felt I need to take any more. It's really helped reduce my muscle spasms. I used my insurance and coupon to get the medication."

HerniatedDisc · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 11, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I've used regular short-acting Flexeril (brand & generic) off & on for 20 yrs for my back. After "severely herniating" my L4/L5 disc, my pain mgmt PA (not the doctor) switched me to Amrix. I GAINED 25 POUNDS IN 6 WEEKS. Weight gain stopped w/ drug stopped. I'm a 50yo woman, always slender. Nothing changed except the Rx to Amrix. Well, the Package Insert says Amrix can cause "hyperparathyroidism" and "clinically significant increases and decreases in blood sugar levels." I'm not diabetic, but beware if you are. I do have hypothyroidism already & am on Armour Thyroid. Amrix didn't work nearly as well as generic flexeril. No reason for PA to switch me to Amrix, but drug co trying to get it on United formulary. PA had generous samples/coupons."

Not worth the price! · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Took care of the pain, but made it hard to stay awake!"

Mike799 December 29, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I had pretty significant muscle spasms in my neck after my car was rear-ended. This medicine pretty much stopped all of the pain and allowed me to sleep soundly. The only problem is that it makes me drowsy."

bassman34480 November 14, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "My doctor recommended this medication for relief of muscle spasms associated with trigger points in my upper back. This is the first medication that really helps to take the edge off when the trigger point fires up. I still get pain but it's no where near as bad as it used to be. I have had no noticeable side effects other than some mild constipation. One 15mg capsule twice a day works for me."

Choconut · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Amrix made me sleepy. And then for a week after 1 pill I was so irritable is was like psycho PMS and I hated everyone and everything. That stuff is toxic and I'll never take another one! Avoid it! Oh and my neck still hurt. Useless."

Sz_hcs January 21, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Twisted my back and taking this medication for back spasm.. Works well in my opinion"

PattyP11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period."

LaurenAmberOracle May 11, 2013

"This drug has improved my quality of life greatly! The first week I had drop attacks at my desk at work & I was drowsy. The key is to take this medication @ 4pm & consecutively. I do experience dry mouth too. I have 4 neuro-stimulators implanted in my head to help with pain & I take gabbapentin, topamax, paxil, folic acid, hydrocodone, a special gabbapentin/lidocaine cream, & vitamins on a daily basis to function like a human being. For rescue I take Maxalt & if severe enough Butorphanol-Tartrate. This medicine has given me hope again & made me able to decrease pain meds during the day! This Med runs about $400 with my insurance but if you go to amrix.com you can print a coupon for a $5 copay!!!!!"

Life's too short October 6, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Amrix is good for muscle cramps. It reduces pain from a 10 to a 7 for me. That is a big deal for me. I am 24/7 in pain. No medicine can reduce that pain below a 5."

CathyLynny April 21, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over a year ago, after many years of chronic pain, insomnia and fatigue. Sleep study showed no stage 3 or 4 sleep so the sleep I was getting was not good sleep. I am on several medications now to stay awake during the day, control my pain so I can continue to work and more medications to sleep. Restoril has helped in all three areas."

Anonymous March 10, 2012

For Muscle Spasm "Amrix does relieve the pain however it made me very tired and out of it. The next day I still felt exhausted, it's not for me."

snyderink February 13, 2012

For Muscle Spasm "Amrix is the best. I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years and they all make me sleepy, (which I despise). I take Amrix after dinner and I sleep comfortably and wake refreshed and able to make it through the day with only Aleve or ibuprofin. I am so greatful for Amrix."

Anonymous December 28, 2011

For Migraine "Amrix is the only muscle relaxer that works for me, and I tried a lot. I also take Topamax and get Botox injections for my migraines. I'm on a low dose antidepressant also. This treatment seems to work for me. I went from 20 migraines a month down to about 5."

Babypie September 15, 2011

For Migraine "The only medicine that keeps my migraines manageable. I take it along with Topiramate and a beta blocker, atenolol as well as the when required medicines for when one strikes (Naprelan, and either Frova or Axert or Sumavel injection)."

JM2011 August 23, 2011

For Sciatica "Taking for back pain in left lower disc. Works very good but I must take it by 8pm or after dinner or I wake up very sluggish the next morning (I wake up at 8:30am) and feel cloudy headed for the whole morning. I only take it when the pain is really bad."

Anonymous May 13, 2011

For Muscle Spasm "Amrix did nothing for me...I had the usual side effect of tiredness after the first day but I was fine afterwards. I took it for 4 days with no relief."

Anonymous May 6, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "When I first had pain 19 years ago, I was treated with Flexeril for six months. I thought I was getting better. I stopped taking Flexeril and it was a false feeling of wellness. Two months later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I am on Flexeril again after a car accident and it is helping. I only plan to stay on it a few weeks since I fear addiction."

hildoo April 1, 2011

For Muscle Spasm "This medicine has been a blessing for me after trying chiropractor. Physical therapy, injections, etc. I suffer from fibromyalgia, scoliosis, bulging neck disc. I sometimes get tired but after 61 years of being very active and hard work (I mean hard) naps are expected. Sometimes all of us need to slow down."

Anonymous March 19, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "I used Amirix with Klonopin and Pristiq and I sleep, finally. The combination works for me. The only problem it takes me a while to open my eyes in the morning. I am disabled so this side effect is not a problem."

Anonymous February 15, 2011

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine has helped greatly reduce pain, and has made it possible for me to take less pain medication. The only problem I have had with it is if I take it too late in the evening, it is sometimes very hard to wake up the next morning. It is best for me, at least, to take it at least 10 hours before I need to wake up."

Anonymous October 16, 2010

For Muscle Spasm "It worked for me after about four days, which is all I could take. It relieves my constant back muscle spasms, but it knocks you out! It does make you feel very "on medication" in a very unpleasant sort of way. Difficult to perform everyday tasks such as driving."

lonely October 4, 2010

For Muscle Spasm "my husband had a seizure and went into heart failure and died after taking amrix for two days."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)