Generic name: CYCLOBENZAPRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 15mg
Dosage form: capsule, extended release
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 2, 2018.
The recommended adult dose for most patients is one (1) AMRIX 15 mg capsule taken once daily. Some patients may require up to 30 mg/day, given as one (1) AMRIX 30 mg capsule taken once daily or as two (2) AMRIX 15 mg capsules taken once daily.
- It is recommended that doses be taken at approximately the same time each day.
- Use of AMRIX for periods longer than two or three weeks is not recommended [see Indications and Usage (1)].
Instruct patients to swallow AMRIX capsules intact. Alternatively, the contents of the AMRIX capsule may be sprinkled over applesauce and then swallowed. This method is appropriate only for patients able to reliably swallow the applesauce without chewing. Other foods have not been tested and should not be substituted for applesauce. Instruct the patient to:
- Sprinkle the contents of the capsule onto a tablespoon of applesauce and consume immediately without chewing.
- Rinse the mouth to ensure all of the contents have been swallowed.
- Discard any unused portion of the AMRIX capsules after the contents have been sprinkled on applesauce.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Amrix (cyclobenzaprine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 32 Reviews
- Drug class: skeletal muscle relaxants
- FDA Alerts (1)