User Reviews for Amrix to treat Muscle Spasm

Amrix has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 29 ratings for the treatment of Muscle Spasm. 55% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Amrix Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Amrix

Anonymous August 27, 2010

“Regarding the comment above that states Flexeril works but Amrix does not... as a pharmacist, I would like to clarify that both Flexeril and Amrix are brand names of the drug cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant. Flexeril is released all at once, thus must be taken multiple times daily. Amrix is released slowly over 24 hrs, thus it is taken once daily.”

bassman34480 November 14, 2015

“My doctor recommended this medication for relief of muscle spasms associated with trigger points in my upper back. This is the first medication that really helps to take the edge off when the trigger point fires up. I still get pain but it's no where near as bad as it used to be. I have had no noticeable side effects other than some mild constipation. One 15mg capsule twice a day works for me.”

Mike799 December 29, 2015

“I had pretty significant muscle spasms in my neck after my car was rear-ended. This medicine pretty much stopped all of the pain and allowed me to sleep soundly. The only problem is that it makes me drowsy.”

sass1217 · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2019

“All I can say is: WOW! Amrix works! I have tried every muscle relaxant under the sun, including Valium, the gold standard of hospitals. Nothing seemed to help. I have moderate to severe muscle spasticity and rigidity. I was in agony before Amrix and noticed a difference on the VERY FIRST DAY! Since I have tried all the alternatives my insurance company had suggested, I was able to get this pre-authorized and covered. If you suffer from muscle pain, spasm, rigidity and trigger points, this is a MUST try.”

snyderink February 13, 2012

“Amrix is the best. I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years and they all make me sleepy, (which I despise). I take Amrix after dinner and I sleep comfortably and wake refreshed and able to make it through the day with only Aleve or ibuprofin. I am so greatful for Amrix.”

Choconut · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2015

“Amrix made me sleepy. And then for a week after 1 pill I was so irritable is was like psycho PMS and I hated everyone and everything. That stuff is toxic and I'll never take another one! Avoid it! Oh and my neck still hurt. Useless.”

Dazzle Me · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2017

“I had a cervical dissection and had C5,6 & C5,7 removed and replaced with bone and other material, titanium bar over thee vertebrae and 6 screws, ground out all the calcium and bone spurs from arthritis. I wanted something I can work on weaker than soma. My Dr prescribed 30 mg. For 14 days I've taken 5 I haven't felt I need to take any more. It's really helped reduce my muscle spasms. I used my insurance and coupon to get the medication.”

Anonymous October 10, 2008

“Amrix is the first muscle relaxer that has worked for me. I have multiple situations, my main complaint is a cramp that goes from my upper neck and right shoulder all the way down below the small of my back just to the right of my spine. Amrix helps me tremendously. I am so grateful for this medicine.”

hildoo April 1, 2011

“This medicine has been a blessing for me after trying chiropractor. Physical therapy, injections, etc. I suffer from fibromyalgia, scoliosis, bulging neck disc. I sometimes get tired but after 61 years of being very active and hard work (I mean hard) naps are expected. Sometimes all of us need to slow down.”

Anonymous June 20, 2009

“I took Amrix last night for the first time at about 9pm. It seemed like it took the edge off the pain. I never had a feeling of euphoria like some medicines are prone to deliver. About midnight I went to bed, I woke up at noon the next day. By 1:30 pm, I was back in bed till 4pm. The medicine works great at taking the pain away, but, if you need to be productive the next day and don't have 12-14 hours to dedicate to sleeping I wouldn't take this medicine. I'm glad I had nothing to do on a Saturday but I still didn't want to waste it by spending the whole day in bed sleeping.”

HerniatedDisc · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 11, 2017

“I've used regular short-acting Flexeril (brand & generic) off & on for 20 yrs for my back. After "severely herniating" my L4/L5 disc, my pain mgmt PA (not the doctor) switched me to Amrix. I GAINED 25 POUNDS IN 6 WEEKS. Weight gain stopped w/ drug stopped. I'm a 50yo woman, always slender. Nothing changed except the Rx to Amrix. Well, the Package Insert says Amrix can cause "hyperparathyroidism" and "clinically significant increases and decreases in blood sugar levels." I'm not diabetic, but beware if you are. I do have hypothyroidism already & am on Armour Thyroid. Amrix didn't work nearly as well as generic flexeril. No reason for PA to switch me to Amrix, but drug co trying to get it on United formulary. PA had generous samples/coupons.”

Anonymous October 16, 2010

“It worked for me after about four days, which is all I could take. It relieves my constant back muscle spasms, but it knocks you out! It does make you feel very "on medication" in a very unpleasant sort of way. Difficult to perform everyday tasks such as driving.”

MaMa513 November 5, 2009

“I injured my back and it took me 4 days to visit the doctor. Even though he barely examined me, he prescribed me Amrix. I'm not the hugest fan! I am a busy mother who works full time and goes to school full time. Amrix makes you tired and not able to do a whole lot. It didn't help too much with the pain either.”

Anonymous June 3, 2009

“I have had cervical fusion in the past and when I am extremely stressed or do too much manual labor I sometimes get severe muscle spasms. I was given samples of Amrix and took it in the evening and slept like a baby. The next day at work I didn't have any drowsiness, but also did not have spasms or pain until it was time to take again. I took it only for 5 days and it was enough to calm the muscles down.”

Cabarets · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 2, 2019

“The most common things I have noted are drowsiness and from reading here, it makes my tongue swell and hurt. I'm so glad I read that. I couldn't figure out why! It's ok as a muscle relaxant, but nothing to write home about.”

tprenner August 19, 2009

“I have a herniated dic at C6-7 from an auto accident, 1 year ago. I've tried everything. I've had multiple trigger point injections and epidurals for the constant spams throughout my shoulders, neck and scapula. The combination of 1 year of injections and 1 week of Amrix. I can see a possibility of returning to work, without surgery, I hope. I still take pain medicine's, anti-inflammatory medicines and Lyrica. The Amrix has given everything a boost.”

Youraway September 29, 2009

“I've experienced recurring back spasms for many years. At times they are unbearable. Amrix really worked at easing the spasms, but I noticed a jittery feeling the next day. I also felt very shaky, but not dizzy, just jittery. It took about 24 hours after I stopped the medicine before the jitters went away. I also had a little slurred speech after one day of Amrix. I stopped the medicine and of course the spasms returned. ”

lonely October 4, 2010

“my husband had a seizure and went into heart failure and died after taking amrix for two days.”

Sz_hcs January 21, 2015

“Twisted my back and taking this medication for back spasm.. Works well in my opinion”

Anonymous March 10, 2012

“Amrix does relieve the pain however it made me very tired and out of it. The next day I still felt exhausted, it's not for me.”

PattyP11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2014

“Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period.”

Anonymous November 25, 2009

“I was having muscle spasm and neck pain which was causing difficulty sleeping first night I took Amrix. I had complete relief. I had the best nights sleep I've ever had in a long time.”

RiverHawk July 28, 2009

“Don't take it in the morning or you may be sleepy all day. Doctor told me to take it about 6PM. No problem after the change.”

Able to sleep August 11, 2008

“Amrix is so effective.”

Not worth the price! · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2016

“Took care of the pain, but made it hard to stay awake!”

Learn more about Muscle Spasm