User Reviews for Cetirizine

Also known as: Zyrtec, Quzyttir, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Equate Allergy Relief, All Day Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief, Zyrtec Hives, Alleroff, Aller-Tec Children's Aller-Tec

Physical Urticaria 1.0
Urticaria 7.0
Allergic Rhinitis 5.8
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 6.1 213 reviews

Reviews for Cetirizine

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Should be banned!!! Terrible side effects!!! Only took 1 pill!! It made me completely zoned out for 3 days afterwards. I had some of the worst anxiety of my life, and I was incredibly irritable. It didn’t even do anything for my allergy symptoms.”

Side effects man · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec is one strange drug. I've taken it and gotten allergy relief, other times it causes major mood swings. Today is the worst. I took it before bed and woke up feeling exhausted. Then had a minor problem but got totally enraged. I've already eaten breakfast and lunch taken two naps but I have no energy and still feel like anything and everything will set me off. I don't take anything else, I've had no alcohol. The only factor is the Zyrtec. This medication is dangerous and needs to be removed or have more clear warnings.”

Dani · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I'm a 21 year old female. The worst allergy medicine I've ever taken, next to Levocetirizine. Besides being sedated and anxious, I most recently have been waking up with hives, shortness of breath, swollen eyelids and top lip, itching and burning skin, and panic attacks. I discontinued this medicine after like 3 months of taking it almost daily, I was absolutely miserable. I will never take this garbage again. I'm on day 2 of not taking it and I'm starting to feel better.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I am taking zirtec for over 4 years, almost every 1 to 2 days or as needed (Allergic doctor's suggestion) It makes me feel relief of the itching and pollen symptoms but if I stop taking it, my whole body started to react, itching everywhere and producing stress on me. Im trying to quit this medication little by little. Drinking a lot of water with mint plant (3 L.) daily. IT WORKS BUT NOT EASY AT ALL. I increased 1 day each time after take the zirtec and believe is not easy but ignored the side effects and drink a sip of water each time your body itches. Little by little will decrease. I have 8 days without taking this medication. Other than light itching, insomnia, headaches, muscle stress side effects so far. I will keep going ahead. Pharmaceuticals business using us to keep doing their income. It might be a natural replacement if you know please shared!”

Michelle August 15, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This is the only allergy medicine I use after trying multiple ones. It works best for me without any side effects except very slight drowsiness. I also have an anxiety disorder but this medicine doesn’t effect it at all, if anything it helps. I take as needed and sometimes daily if my allergies are bad or if my asthma kicks in. I’ve used it on and off for the last 7 years. My allergist recommended it, and said it works the best for me after allergy skin tests.”

sympathomimetic · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I got prescribed cetirizine 20mg for seasonal allergies and I find that it really helps with itchy eyes, throat, and sneezing. It doesn't help so much with congestion, but it's not really expected to. I don't find it too sedating, it makes me a little more tired than usual, but nothing compared to a first generation antihistamine.”

Nitaaa · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine): “Be careful of this so-called Zyrtec drug, it’s awful! Here is what happened when I tried to quit cuz I have been gaining weight and feeling depressed on it: 1- Heart palpitation 2- Blurred vision 3- Severe nausea 4- Severe migraine 5- Insomnia 6- Uncontrollable weight loss 7- Irritability 8- SEVERE pruritis I Implore you do not take this Zyrtec, the FDA is pure awful to not mention the side effects of withdrawal. I have been 12 days Zyrtec free and I’m getting my life back!”

Nalita · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 9, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine is absolutely awful. Please avoid! If you take it long term you will experience the following : 1- weight gain 2- sleepiness 3-irritability 4-heart palpitations 5-sévère anxiety 6-muscle twitches 7- hypertension 8-bloating 9- IBS Those are serious side effects. I implore you to do everything you can to avoid taking this stuff. On a positive note, once you quit all those symptoms will clear within a few days to a week. PS: when you quit you may experience severe Pruritus, please wait it out and refrain from popping another pill, I promise you it will go away despite how miserable it can be. It is like withdrawing from a real drug which is scary. It will subside. ”

DArm · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Allergy triggers have been ruthless this year so I had to bring the ol' Zyrtec out of the cabinet. Everything was great at first but then I started experiencing nausea that grew worse as the weeks went on. In between weeks three and four, I decided that it was becoming unbearable and also remembered this as being why I stopped taking Zyrtec when I got this bottle last year. My last dose was three days ago. I, like most here, developed the burning/itching withdrawal symptom about 48 hours after my last dose but has not been as severe as some describe nor was it the last time I stopped. My guess is that most reporting intense experiences have taken Zyrtec long term while I was only a month in this time and roughly two months the last time I took it. I can imagine how bad it could get if it's as noticeable as it is for me after only a month though. My advice would be to not use this stuff regularly if possible or at all if you can avoid it altogether.”

Anonymous June 27, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “My doctor gave me a prescription Zyrtec and I took it for a month but realized that when I didn’t take my dose my hands and feet would start itching uncontrollably so I took the Zyrtec and the itching was gone so that’s when I realized it was the Zyrtec that was causing my itch. So, I went to taking Claritin and it did the same thing to me as the Zyrtec. Now I’m taking Xzyal and I can’t stop taking it because my hands start to itch like crazy. Zyrtec was the medicine that started it all. So, I’m trying to wean my self off any of this allergy medicine.”

Anonymous June 4, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I was prescribed Zyrtec by my doctor when I was very young, for my seasonal allergies. A few years later I started taking it every day and this kept going on for 4 years (daily usage). I will not deny the fact that Zyrtec is the most effective allergy pill I have EVER taken, and that even though it doesn’t completely relieve me from ALL my allergy symptoms it is fast and effective. However, nothing is perfect. I decided to stop it because I’ve become too dependent on it. I’m sure it’s going to be a tough journey but I’m willing to do this for the sake of my body. It makes you drowsy, affects your sleep (I have always been a light sleeper, but Zyrtec made it impossible for me to feel like I slept well), causes depression and worsens my anxiety. I also read that it causes weight gain. I was 60 KG before and was noticeably slimmer. I gained 10 KG’s in the span of 4 years. Itching is better than being physically dependent on something as strong as Zyrtec.”

Sleepless in Clermont May 30, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Quitting Zyrtec is the worst! For 4 days now I itch everywhere. Really waning to chop my hands and feet off. Trying not to give in but this is hell. Once this is under control I will NEVER use Zyrtec again. Wish I knew about this before I started.”

JL May 6, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have had seasonal allergies starting about 15 years ago until now. I have also had sinusitis since I was a teenager. Both the generic and brand name Cetirizine works the same for me, but the generic is SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER! As soon as I start getting itchy or watery eyes, sneezing from an unknown source, etc.. I will take a pill, and 95% of the time I will start getting relief within 30 to 45 minutes. As far as my sinusitis goes, I will have to take Zyrtec-D or my headaches from the sinus pressure will not subside or go away. I have no itching or heart palpitations on regular cetirizine but did notice occasional palpitations or increased heart rate with Zyrtec-D. This is somewhat expected since Zyrtec-D has Pseudoephedrine in it(the stuff used to make Methamphetamine). I would suggest that if anyone is having heart palpitation issues when using Zyrtec, make sure you're not taking Zyrtec-D as they are not the same thing.”

JJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 3, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “There is not a single good enough reason to start taking Zyrtec. I’ve tried to quit multiple times and I end up having to take it again because of the relentless itchiness. On top of that it makes you quite drowsy and doesn’t fix the allergy symptoms I started taking it for. Since trying to quit for the 3rd time I’ve also experienced severe headaches and neck pain. Weaning yourself off seems to be the best option.”

Irene · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I’d been taking Zyrtec for two weeks when I was suddenly hit with rapid irregular heartbeat. I wasn’t doing anything much at the time, I’ve never had a heart problem, I’m 41, healthy and active. I stood still and breathed calmly, drank some water, it got better but I’d just taken the Zyrtec an hour before so I was still at full dose for 24hrs after that. Zyrtec is the only drug I’m taking, and it was sudden and odd, so I checked. Tachycardia and cardiac arrest are indeed among the listed side effects for this drug. It’s now a few hours past when I should’ve taken my next dose and I still feel a little jittery today. In retrospect I’d been feeling jittery, impatient, and cloudy for hours before it happened, and I’d not been sleeping well for 2 nights. So I think if you’re feeling uncharacteristically jittery it may be a warning sign. I was also having headaches 2 days before it happened. ”

Tika · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec did stop my sneezing, and only took 2 days for total relief. After two weeks on a whole pill each day, I gradually started getting vertigo and mild visual hallucinations. (patterns danced) About a year later, I tried again, this time on a half pill each day. a month later, the vertigo started. I have stopped taking it, and I'm having symptoms like a mild migraine, but the vertigo is fading.”

Sarah · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “After taking Zyrtec with a cough medicine I became so light headed I thought it was the end of me. My neck got stiff and pain my head was hurting on top and light head unable to drive , I was sure I’m having a stroke. I stop taking it for 2 days and all those symptoms are gone.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “The winds started up 3 weeks ago and my nose from my allergies was just stuffed with sticky phlegm and severe lethargy. I bought the generic brand of Zyrtec and it alleviated the problem somewhat. Today I went to buy more and could't find any so I bought the Zyrtec brand and it is sooooo much more effective. Not just clear breathing, but my usual hyperactive self once more.”

Lucky · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Physical Urticaria: “Don't use this if swelling takes place near or in and around your lips. Because it increases the swelling”

Itchy person · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 27, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I have been on a combination of Allegra/pepcid morning and Zyrtec/pepcid evening for the past 4 years. I developed chronic idiopathic dermatographism after I had my son. I had a negative and very itchy reaction to the epidural but I've not been able to pin point that that was the initial cause of my current problem or if there is an underlying issue still at hand. 5 doctors have not been able to find out what is wrong with me. I've had allergy testing, blood tests galore, thyroid examines etc. I'm now at the point where I don't know if Zyrtec just works so great or if I'm so addicted to it that I can't get off of it. Every night when it's time to take it I feel like (what I would assume) a person coming off hard core drugs feels like. The itching is bad. I'm now off day two of trying to detox myself from it and I'm losing my mind. Never take this stuff. Ever. I wish I would have never started.”

Welty · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 24, 2020

For Urticaria: “Started taking Certirazine in 2014, at first 5 mg occasionally then needed a bigger dose a day to control my urticaria. Now, wanting to get retested by my allergist I tried stopping my antihistamine for 7 days but only lasted 3 days due to severe Certirazine withdrawal syndrome. Incredibly itchy all over my body like fire ants crawling over me and wanting to jump out of my skin. Itchy eyes, intensely itchy ears , red and swollen palms and soles and super large welts on my back by day 3. I couldn’t handle the itching anymore and needed to restart the Certirazine. Now I need to try and wean off this drug with the help of another antihistamine such as Allegra ( Fexofenadine) so my body won’t be dependent on Certirazine. This drug worked well for my symptoms but if you try to get off it, like me, you might regret ever starting to take it. No, I do not recommend Certirazine!”

The Phoenix · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 4, 2020

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I have been using Zyrtec for about a year now for my allergies and hives. I have gotten no relief from my allergies or the hives when taking Zyrtec, basically it does nothing for me at all. I was even told by my doctor during an allergy attack to take it twice a day and I still got no relief.”

Magoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 26, 2019

Zyrtec (cetirizine): “I was given zyrtec for cold symptoms, worked wonders for me within a week sinus problems gone. I did have dry mouth but I'll take that compared to how I was feeling.”

RJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 5, 2019

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Stay away from this drug (Zyrtec) for seasonal allergies-there are better alternatives. While taking zyrtec, especially if you are older, you may experience dry mouth and accelerated dental caries among other (drowsiness, headache, constipation and miscellaneous other adverse effects). Upon discontinuing zyrtec, you may experience disabling generalized and severe itching without a rash or sometimes with a rash. The itching can occur anywhere on your body-but almost always on the palms and soles. The itching is often severe and unrelenting and often is not associated with a rash. The itching can last for days and weeks. The FDA is aware of this "zyrtec withdrawl syndrome" but to date does not appear too concerned about it. Several hundreds of cases have been reported.”

Can't Quit · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2019

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I get monthly allergy shots and was told to take a daily allergy pill as well. Originally I was taking Claritin but was told by my allergist that I should take Zyrtec because it is stronger. Fine. So I've been taking a Zyrtec every day and needed to go off it to take a new allergy skin test. I lasted 3 days before I started on the Zyrtec again. After 48 hours of not having it in my system I started with unbearable itching all over. I thought it could be my new dog until I did a Google search and realized no, my body was going through withdrawal symptoms from the Zyrtec. No one ever told me this was a possibility. DO NOT TAKE THIS DAILY FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. Now I have to ween myself off this drug.”