User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 4)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Wellbutrin to treat Depression

"Go to Costco and sign up for their prescription program. Unbelievable difference in cost in comparison to other pharmacies. This medication saved my life."

Life changing! April 14, 2015

"Been on this med for about 6 days now. I definitely notice that I feel better. I have taken Zoloft, celexa, and viibryd. Viibryd was the only one that actually seemed to help me but the effects wore off after a few months. Wellbutrin has by far been the most effective."

Anonymous March 21, 2015

"Taken all types of anti depressants. None worked until a friend mentioned Wellbutrin. Started off on 150mg SR generic brand. Anxiety increased, smoking decreased, sex drive moderate, no change in weight or additional side effects. After two yes doctor finally prescribed 24 hr Wellburtin. Taking name brand. Day 2 & WOWWWWW. Im feeling fabulous. I have Valium in case for emergency anxiety attacks. But I honestly believe this is a winner"

Anew2015 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2015

"My depression was primarily characterized by hopelessness and lack of motivation, and within weeks of starting Wellbutrin, I experienced dramatic changes in my mood and mindset. I often forget that I even take Wellbutrin because it has given me no side effects and has only made me feel the way I was always supposed to feel. This drug is definitely worth a try; even if it doesn't work so effectively for everyone, the potential for a negative experience is very low compared to that of other antidepressants."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am a 35 year old woman, who has taken meds for 1/2 her life. I struggle with obsessive compulsive disorder, intrusive thoughts and overall depression. Wellbutrin.. I take 150mg a day. It has changed my life.. I have less obsessive thinking, more motivation and for some reason care way less about what people think."

struggler79 January 17, 2015

375 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Wellbutrin SR 150s, which initially had positive outcomes on my depression, probably the best I've tried, and I've tried a lot the past years. It took a bit to get the optimal dose. At 300 mg it was causing a cascade of side effects, anxiety, palpitations, sweating. Doc helped me back down to 100 mg with no side effects. The depression is just as gone as the initial 300 mg. Wellbutrin also developed a positive outcome in mere days - a major plus."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2015

171 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been struggling with depression and anxiety/panic attacks since I was a kid. I'm now 36. I tried every antidepressant they threw at me from Celexa to Zoloft. None of them worked and came with side effects I couldn't handle. Weight gain and loss of sexual function. When my psychiatrist suggested Wellbutrin I was afraid of more side effects, but I was desperate. I also take Valium and Klonopin for my anxiety so I'm not sure if those might mask any increased anxiety, but I have to say, I noticed a difference the first day. I take 200mg SR in the morning and I've got more energy and almost no interest in smoking, which is a bonus. It's only been a week but I feel an improvement every day. I think I finally found the right one."

darkdestiny January 7, 2015

166 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Before starting Wellbutrin I was so depressed, crying all the time, no motivation, no energy, no ability to make decisions or follow through with them, no desire to go anywhere. I've been taking Wellbutrin for about 3 weeks and within a 5 days I was noticing a difference. The crying has stopped, I'm more motivated, I have more energy and I'm making decisions I couldn't before. I have been active, forcing myself to go to the gym but now I'm more eager to go. Wellbutrin has made a huge difference for me."

jkn1416 January 1, 2015

317 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on bupropion for about a year, 150mg taken every morning. I noticed a difference on day 2. Everything was just normal. Not bad normal, but good normal, like you woke up after having a really good sleep - and like a weight or pressure has been lifted. It's really hard to describe. Everything seems better. I kid you not. Music sounds clearer, looking around outside, it looks clearer...like I am out of a fog. So...I tried an experiment while I went on vacation. Didn't take anything for 2 weeks. My mood slowly returned to negative. Little things ticked me off, that shouldn't have. I decided to go back on. Same effect on the next day, mood lifted. It gives me slight insomnia, but also takes away some appetite. Great."

depressed no more (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2014

240 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Recently I retired from public safety. I should have been happy and content to have a lot of free time. My friends all said I looked rested and better than I had in years. What they did not know is how depressed I was and how much I missed the work and my work friends. Reluctantly my doctor prescribed Bupropion HCL 150 mg for seven days then 300 mg daily in the AM. After the first day, I was already feeling better. I just finished the first two weeks and I'm feeling so much better. Occasionally I still have negative thoughts. Side effects include anxiety and an elevated BP. I'm happy with the results and believe the medication has taken me away from the edge. I will post updates periodically."

ChiefChuck December 5, 2014

182 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I suffer from major anxiety to the point where it feels like my chest is going to crush itself from the tension. I also have tendencies to get panic attacks at random times along with a feeling a doom and gloom ever hanging over my head. While I never reached a point of suicidal thoughts I did have weeks and sometimes months of listlessness where I didn't want do anything, see anyone, or be anywhere. I felt like nothing mattered. After being on Wellbutrin I am happy to say these incidents haven't occurred again . Unlike other medicines I have tried in the past, this one has had zero personality effect. I feel like myself, the one who was always trying to bust out of the anxiety ridden zombie that I was."

Mädchen (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 4, 2014

205 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My wife passed away and I went into a deep depression. I was put on Wellbutrin and told by my nurse it would be at least 4 weeks. In just 3 days and I was feeling great, clear headed, I smiled, I ate normally."

It Can Work Fast (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2014

241 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"When first taking Wellbutrin, my mouth became really dry, I got a few weird headaches, and I felt some physical numbness when I touched my skin; However, after a month the symptoms were almost non-existent and my depression and anxiety improved drastically. Also, my doctor prescribed it to me to help with ADD/ADHD. I noticed that my focus was also better. This may be simply because anxiety can cause you to lack attention and it fixed the anxiety, but either way it worked great for me."

JaseyRae (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2014

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on Welbutrin (my first antidepression/anxiey med) 150mg once a day for about 7 weeks. Its good for those who emotionally eat. I've already lost 15 lbs because I don't have that feeling of hopelessness & it gives me no appetite. I have to force myself to eat for nutritional reasons. On the downside my insomnia is out of control & affecting many parts of my life. I also have experienced several itching fits after about a month & needed Benadryl to get some relief. Otherwise I would gave it a 10."

jttw November 18, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was on Prozac and felt tired all the time, still depressed and no sex drive. I thought maybe the dose wasn't enough and I was going through menopause, but the doc put me on Wellbutrin. I'm with the person above, I cannot believe in one day I felt better. I thought it was in my head. I made phone calls I would avoid because of anxiety, I got things done instead of sleep and I felt so much happier next to my husband. Day two I woke up ready to start the day...completely the opposite of what I had been experiencing. Everyone is different and you just have to see what works for you. Prozac is in a different class and I just needed this antidepressant."

AAnonymous November 13, 2014

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Didnt work. Hit my anxiety to the max in just 4 days. "

ScaredCat November 3, 2014

"Didn't work. I was given on top of Remeron. It helps in away. But I needed some energy boost. Hoping Wellbutrin would work. All my anxiety and sucidal thoughts all hit me like a truck. Had to discontinue taking."

soyabean (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2014

"I am not a proponent of Big Pharma, and have always had to try to "deal" with my problems on my own. I have a really excellent diet, exercise, don't smoke, eat an organic diet - I'm just saying I really take care of myself. I have had anxiety (with a little bit of depression) all of my life. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago, as I was having severe anxiety about being accepted into nursing school, and if I would be able to handle to stress and constant pressure, and I also have concentration problems. I have been off and on SSRIs, which have been nothing but terrible for me...Paxil, Zoloft, & Prozac, of which made me feel like a zombie. Wellbutrin is GOLD. Not tired, less irritable, not panicky. It has changed my life."

Anonymous October 25, 2014

282 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. I've taken Prozac, which made me feel "weird", Lexapro, which made me a zombie, and then I finally went to a psychiatrist that prescribed me Wellbutrin. The only bad side effects that I have is increased worry/anxiety. He prescribed me Xanax, which only makes me sleepy, and I still have that worried/dread feeling. I went today and he prescribed me clonazepem and told me to try that because it has a longer effect than Xanax. Overall, Wellbutrin has definitely been the best for me as far as my depression goes...I'd rather be anxious than sad."

EEB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Well I am very pleased to tell you that I started Wellbutrin XL 150mg for depression and anxiety and I can honestly say that it is a miracle drug! I started feeling much better after just one day, I could not believe it. It has been 30 days now and I have not had even one side effect. My depression went away almost right away and the anxiety took a couple weeks. But 30 days later I feel completely myself again. This medication is definitely doing its job 100%."

KB80 October 6, 2014

273 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started this 4 weeks ago. I was originally on Paxil but I was tired of its side effects. My doctor switched me to Wellbutrin after also trying Cipralex, Effexor and Zoloft. It works great. I had almost no side effects when I started it (I did with every other medicine). It does increase anxiety for me though. Wellbutrin gives me more energy and makes me feel alive again. Because of the energy, I work out now which helps counter act the anxiety. It did not increase my sex drive BUT it made me normal. (Paxil made it so I wouldn't even let my husband touch me). I have lost the weight that Paxil made me gain and then some! I would recommend it to people for sure but if you have bad anxiety like I do, try being really active as well."

ddeeddee86 August 28, 2014

200 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I took Wellbutrin for about 8 years, it was wonderful, kept me motivated, optimistic, helped me lose a bunch of weight but I think it caused my tinnitus so I'm switching to Prozac."

Tinwest (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2014

"It's effective, and the side effects aren't that bad. Pros: - It works. - Hasn't caused weight gain. Cons: - I've noticed that since I started taking it my body temperature has been higher than normal, even if I'm not sick. - A few times it's made me act hyper. Not sure why, but my psychiatrist said I should be fine. Doesn't happen very often anymore. Notes: - Not to be taken by people with Bipolar disorder. If your doctor prescribes you this, make sure they are aware you're bipolar. Would I recommend? Yes."

am49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Does not seem to help much. Doctor is reluctant to prescribe something different. Viibryd worked very well but I can't afford the copay."

ohio.mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2014

"I am on Day 3 and I am starting to notice some if not all of the effects. My mood is stabilising and I am finding my motivation returning to me. I need it for when I get into my doctoral program! I can find pleasure in things I enjoy again. I don't have overtly pessimistic and sad thoughts as much. I'm not crying as much. Before I started taking this medicine I was not at rock bottom, but I did not want to feel like awful anymore. Depression is a real disease. The medications do help."

Katherys (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2014

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next