User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 4)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 217 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Wellbutrin to treat Depression

"At first it seemed to help a lot. My depression lightened up, I felt motivated to do daily things. Cook clean and hobbies I like. But then I felt suicidal thoughts ran rampant and it was scary. I knew that u had to stop taking this medication so I did."

Elephantasis (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It helped me feel better, lose a bit of weight and stop smoking much better for me than SSRIs"

ceve1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started yesterday was lil nervous but took my first pill at 3 pm about 1 hr. Later I was soooo tired I past out woke up at 5pm. My husband just got home from work usually dinner is ready he understands what I'm dealing with so he said rest omg I fell asleep till 7pm had the strangest dream & I decided to take it tonight trying to get a feel for best time to take it, right now I feel like I'm walking threw strobe light tunnel almost feel like I don't know what the hell in doing, not hungry at all just feel zombie out but this is new to me"

Nikki-ram79 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I asked my doctor if we could try something different as I was on Effexor and the sexual side effects were kind of rough on a newlywed. He prescribed Wellbutrin. Not only did I rapidly taper off Effexor, but the Wellbutrin send me into a manic state where all I did was clean, yell, and cry. I had panic attacks all the time. Wellbutrin will definitely not help with anxiety."

Bmal February 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Any benefit that this drug may have offered me for depression was overshadowed by the side effects, particularly intractable insomnia. I became more depressed from the lack of quality or regular sleep. Discontinued it after 10 weeks and still not sleeping normally one week later. Wish I had never touched Wellbutrin."

Tex1289 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My main depression symptoms were fatigue, lethargy and memory problems among others. And wellbutrin was a life changer for me. It really helps me. I also experienced some side effects. First were mild, short headaches. I learned that sufficient hydration solves these. Next was severe insomnia. When taking only Wellbutrin, I can get 5 to max 6 h of sleep per night. I have tried some calming supplement and they helped. Last side effect is systemic joint discomfort and pain. I'm trying to help this with turmeric now. I also had a negative experience with Wellbutrin interaction to Passion flower (Passiflora Incarnata). I was trying to help my insomnia with passion flower extract and became depressive again as I was before the Wellbutrin."

Rob69ert (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed Wellbutrin by my doctor when I told her that I was having a very difficult time getting out of bed and wanting to be productive one month ago. My doc prescribed me Wellbutrin 150 xl, which has as an added bonus made me completely stop smoking and even become repulsed by cigarettes. No negative side effects. Wellbutrin has reduced my urge to drink alcohol by 90%, and when I do drink, I feel intoxicated after only 2 or 3 drinks. I have been exercising five days a week and eating well to assist in mood elevation. I have more motivation and energy now than a month ago. I am impressed with this medication."

pwnvixen007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It made me anxious for the first six weeks although I really appreciated the boost in energy. I got a 30 days prescription for Xanax during that time, that really worked. (And that's about as long as you should ever take Xanax, btw). Anyway, I was back to my previous self in 6-8 weeks -- kind of a miracle. Only side effects occasional light headed-ness. Every doctor I have talked to about Wellbutrin loves it. I do too."

Mike_in _CA January 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I went on Wellbutrin some time ago so I don't remember the dose. I had tried at least 4 SSRI's and didn't get much relief from my depression, mostly a lessening of morbid thoughts. The problem was that all of them without exception made me very drowsy. So my shrink suggested Wellbutrin. I was on it for about 3 months. At first it seemed to make me much better, certainly no drowsiness, but after awhile I got quite depressed again. Finally I stopped and to my amazement the very next day I felt substantially better! I knew my depression wasn't cured but I knew for sure that Wellbutrin had made me worse."

PauldJ January 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm desperate. My husband has suffered from severe depression for over a year. He went thru it in 2008 also. He got better then by treating it naturally and treating for candida. When it started this time I suggested a anti depressant. He had tried several before with bad experiences every time. This time he first was put on effexor.. Increased suicidal thoughts. Then they went to cymbalta.. Even worse. Have tried different natural options for months And at times see improvement. He is afraid of anymore prescriptions. I keep coming back to welbutrin and wondering if it would help him get his life back. I'm afraid I'm going to lose him."

Faith291- January 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this a week ago I think, I never wanted to use meds but I'm in the middle of a major depressive episode that began around mid-late October. I'm a single mom of a 4 year old. I feel like she takes more care of me then I can her sometimes and that makes me feel awful. I decided to ask my for my doctor to do something because I figured nothing could feel worse. Day 1 I had a lot of energy, days 2-4 I was very anxious and irrate over nothing. That has now passed but I still don't feel better, not really. I don't feel overwhelmed with the feeling of wanting to die, so I guess that's good but I still feel it. I'm not suicidal though, I have been in years. I just don't want to move out of my bed clean the house or do anything really."

00010 December 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hi, I'm 18 years old.. I started taking Wellbutrin 3 months ago when my Psychiatrist put me on. I looked up reviews up in here, and recommended I should be prescribed. Anyway, the first couple months are horrible but don't give up! 1 month ago all my problems with Prozac were alleviated my focus was 10X better (I also have ADHD so my grades skyrocketed)! And my depression died..yes DIED, I laugh so much now people at my school ask me why I laugh so much it's refreshing actually. Anyway... Prozac gave me severe loss of libido (on a serious note) I'm 18 so it bothered me horribly that I had a low sex drive on Prozac after months on end of taking Prozac my libido became ED.... And I lived a fairly healthy life trust me. Wellbutrin fixed my problems"

ADHD advocate December 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"2 months ago, all I wanted to do was lay in bed all day & to be constantly distracted. I was always tired & Very irritable. I needed energy drinks to feel %u02BBawake%u02BB. I had constant thoughts of suicide and always over ate. Now after 6 weeks on the generic wellbutrin, I feel like a totally different person. I have energy to last me all day, I am much happier and I actually want to socialize with people. I laugh more & never cry. I am so happy this worked... I had a rough life and couldn't stop feeling like suicide was my only way out... This medicine is the best thing that ever happened to me."

Tired, Overweight and Depressd (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have not noticed an effect on my emotions I experience them like normal but they're less intense and not as long lasting. My appetite is not as much as before. The biggest difference for me is that when I wake up I'm not exhausted. I am finally waking up with energy! I am so thankful for that. My dreams are incredible now and very vivid. I still wake up in the middle of the night sometimes from a noise, but even if that happens I still feel well rested in the morning. My sex drive has increased a lot but it had been a year of feeling complete apathy towards sex so maybe I'm just back to normal but not used to it. I feel good and this actually has decreased my anxiety! Wish I would have found this years ago."

It'sokaytoaskforhelp November 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm a 24 yr old male. I started taking wellbutrin a week ago I did 150mg for 3 days, then 2x's a day now. I noticed a change by the 3rd day. My Co workers said I was more energetic and a nicer person. I'm on day 7 now and I am thinking more clearly than I have in a long time. I don't get frustrated so easy, I can fall asleep a lot faster because I'm not worrying all the time, and I get up in the morning with ease. I really like this anti depressant. 1st one that has actually worked for me."

Kufan101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After suffering with years of moderate depression I finally decided to do something about it. I have been on Wellbutrin for 6 days now. I started on 150mg SR for the first 3 days and now on 150mg SR twice a day. I kid you not, after day 3 I felt like a different person. It was the first time in years that my first thought when I woke up wasn`t ``I wish I was dead``.. I was drinking quite a bit before taking Wellbutrin and have not had a drop since starting it, nor do I have any desire. I am hoping that the stop smoking aspect kicks in soon, hasn`t yet! My only complaint are the vivid dreams. Night terrors actually. they wake me up, but I am able to fall asleep again after. small price to pay!"

LAL73 November 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just starting day 3 tomorrow.Seem to feel better already, but very cautious. Have anxiety tho and take Ativan .5 mg, 3 times a day that helps. With all the good rerviews, I am very hopeful. Wish me luck."

bjdud (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm in my early 40s and have noticed the last couple of years I've become very aggitated over nothing! Always yelling at my teenager and I could literally feel my blood pressure raising over the smallest things. Also this last year for some reason I became depressed. I didn't ever want to get out if bed or leave the house to do anything. I've always had a bad opinion about antidepressants but I knew SOMETHING had to change. I reached out to my doctor who gave me 100 mg of generic Wellbutrin and the very first day I noticed I was calmer! I fell asleep 2 hours later but woke up refreshed I just finished day 3 and I swear I feel fantastic! Not only have I not yelled even once, I don't feel angry at all! And I want to do stuff again. Very happy"

Sammygirl73 (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked well for my depression. I noticed an improvement in mood after a week. It gave me energy. I took 150 mg of the sustained release formula every morning for about one month. I stopped just after I picked up my next month's prescription which I still have. I stopped because I thought it was inducing mania in me and causing anxiety. I'm now not so sure this was the cause. I also quit smoking about two days after I started on this medication and had absolutely no side effects from nicotine withdrawal. This medication gave me some side effects for the first two weeks. Lack of appetite, bloating, dizziness (especially when smoking cigarettes, this is what prompted me to quit). I also experienced tingling in my hands."

Travis1994 October 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have tried many things in the past. Usually something will work for a while, then I increase, then I either stop without MD approval bc I think it doesn't help anyway or I switch. I have been on zoloft 100-150mg daily over last 2 years. Depression has turned into anxiety and borderline depressive psychosis. I was told to cut my zoloft to 50mg and start Wellbutrin 75mg daily. This is the first week. So far I have more energy, decreased appetite, less irritability and have been speaking to people again- esp without yelling. I feel like I want to do things again. But I am still having brief moments of anxiety- still new med. I do have dizziness at times and my heart pounds like I am dehydrated when I stand sometimes."

depresto (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was taking bupropion 150xl for two months...in the beginning I had energy and felt great. Then the effect started wearing off.....ordered the name brand Welbutrin and started the first dose and felt fantastic. My advice is to avoid the generic and purchase the name brand....huge difference."

Rick434 October 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"this medicine along with prozac really helps depression"

butterflygirl82 October 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Doc put me on Wellbutrin two years ago, while in an oxy detox program. I also suffer from depression and general mood swings, and chronic lower back pain (thus the oxy history). I take 150 xl once a day, before going to bed. I never had any side affects, I consider myself lucky to have found something that really works for me.... it helps me keep stable, focused and generally in a good mood. A few months ago while on vacation I lost it and went three days without. No adverse effects other then less energy and when I told my doc, he said I might as well go without then. I just took my first pill again last night. Going without really started to show... Lack of energy, wow!! Depression, etc. First morning back on, and I feel much better!"

candlelight (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm on day three. 150mg. Today I experienced anxiety about two hours after taking it. It lasted 25 minutes and I went for a walk. After the walk I felt better. I have never taken anything before but I'm 46 and for the,last year I've changed. Maybe age but I've lost my patience and have a sugar addiction. Haven't been sleeping. Now three days in. Slept well last three nights...less desire for sugar. Less angry and able to recover aggressive behavior. Anyway, I'm hoping to slim down and be the,laid back person I've always been before menopause started."

Lee46 October 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well I started at a 100mg dose and within 3 days it kicked in. I felt great...laughing again. ..cleaning the house again...friendly and chatty. No anxiety either. It was a lifesaver for me."

Sherry lachance (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2015