User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 4)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 221 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Wellbutrin to treat Depression

"My wife passed away and I went into a deep depression. I was put on Wellbutrin and told by my nurse it would be at least 4 weeks. In just 3 days and I was feeling great, clear headed, I smiled, I ate normally."

It Can Work Fast (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2014

237 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"When first taking Wellbutrin, my mouth became really dry, I got a few weird headaches, and I felt some physical numbness when I touched my skin; However, after a month the symptoms were almost non-existent and my depression and anxiety improved drastically. Also, my doctor prescribed it to me to help with ADD/ADHD. I noticed that my focus was also better. This may be simply because anxiety can cause you to lack attention and it fixed the anxiety, but either way it worked great for me."

JaseyRae (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2014

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on Welbutrin (my first antidepression/anxiey med) 150mg once a day for about 7 weeks. Its good for those who emotionally eat. I've already lost 15 lbs because I don't have that feeling of hopelessness & it gives me no appetite. I have to force myself to eat for nutritional reasons. On the downside my insomnia is out of control & affecting many parts of my life. I also have experienced several itching fits after about a month & needed Benadryl to get some relief. Otherwise I would gave it a 10."

jttw November 18, 2014

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was on Prozac and felt tired all the time, still depressed and no sex drive. I thought maybe the dose wasn't enough and I was going through menopause, but the doc put me on Wellbutrin. I'm with the person above, I cannot believe in one day I felt better. I thought it was in my head. I made phone calls I would avoid because of anxiety, I got things done instead of sleep and I felt so much happier next to my husband. Day two I woke up ready to start the day...completely the opposite of what I had been experiencing. Everyone is different and you just have to see what works for you. Prozac is in a different class and I just needed this antidepressant."

AAnonymous November 13, 2014

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Didnt work. Hit my anxiety to the max in just 4 days. "

ScaredCat November 3, 2014

"Didn't work. I was given on top of Remeron. It helps in away. But I needed some energy boost. Hoping Wellbutrin would work. All my anxiety and sucidal thoughts all hit me like a truck. Had to discontinue taking."

soyabean (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2014

"I am not a proponent of Big Pharma, and have always had to try to "deal" with my problems on my own. I have a really excellent diet, exercise, don't smoke, eat an organic diet - I'm just saying I really take care of myself. I have had anxiety (with a little bit of depression) all of my life. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years ago, as I was having severe anxiety about being accepted into nursing school, and if I would be able to handle to stress and constant pressure, and I also have concentration problems. I have been off and on SSRIs, which have been nothing but terrible for me...Paxil, Zoloft, & Prozac, of which made me feel like a zombie. Wellbutrin is GOLD. Not tired, less irritable, not panicky. It has changed my life."

Anonymous October 25, 2014

280 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have major depressive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. I've taken Prozac, which made me feel "weird", Lexapro, which made me a zombie, and then I finally went to a psychiatrist that prescribed me Wellbutrin. The only bad side effects that I have is increased worry/anxiety. He prescribed me Xanax, which only makes me sleepy, and I still have that worried/dread feeling. I went today and he prescribed me clonazepem and told me to try that because it has a longer effect than Xanax. Overall, Wellbutrin has definitely been the best for me as far as my depression goes...I'd rather be anxious than sad."

EEB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Well I am very pleased to tell you that I started Wellbutrin XL 150mg for depression and anxiety and I can honestly say that it is a miracle drug! I started feeling much better after just one day, I could not believe it. It has been 30 days now and I have not had even one side effect. My depression went away almost right away and the anxiety took a couple weeks. But 30 days later I feel completely myself again. This medication is definitely doing its job 100%."

KB80 October 6, 2014

267 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started this 4 weeks ago. I was originally on Paxil but I was tired of its side effects. My doctor switched me to Wellbutrin after also trying Cipralex, Effexor and Zoloft. It works great. I had almost no side effects when I started it (I did with every other medicine). It does increase anxiety for me though. Wellbutrin gives me more energy and makes me feel alive again. Because of the energy, I work out now which helps counter act the anxiety. It did not increase my sex drive BUT it made me normal. (Paxil made it so I wouldn't even let my husband touch me). I have lost the weight that Paxil made me gain and then some! I would recommend it to people for sure but if you have bad anxiety like I do, try being really active as well."

ddeeddee86 August 28, 2014

200 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I took Wellbutrin for about 8 years, it was wonderful, kept me motivated, optimistic, helped me lose a bunch of weight but I think it caused my tinnitus so I'm switching to Prozac."

Tinwest (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2014

"It's effective, and the side effects aren't that bad. Pros: - It works. - Hasn't caused weight gain. Cons: - I've noticed that since I started taking it my body temperature has been higher than normal, even if I'm not sick. - A few times it's made me act hyper. Not sure why, but my psychiatrist said I should be fine. Doesn't happen very often anymore. Notes: - Not to be taken by people with Bipolar disorder. If your doctor prescribes you this, make sure they are aware you're bipolar. Would I recommend? Yes."

am49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Does not seem to help much. Doctor is reluctant to prescribe something different. Viibryd worked very well but I can't afford the copay."

ohio.mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2014

"I am on Day 3 and I am starting to notice some if not all of the effects. My mood is stabilising and I am finding my motivation returning to me. I need it for when I get into my doctoral program! I can find pleasure in things I enjoy again. I don't have overtly pessimistic and sad thoughts as much. I'm not crying as much. Before I started taking this medicine I was not at rock bottom, but I did not want to feel like awful anymore. Depression is a real disease. The medications do help."

Katherys (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2014

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Really helped me recover from a horrid depression. This medication saved my life. It is a bit activating. At higher doses works as a great smoking cessation aid. LOVE IT."

Anonymous July 8, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been taking Wellbutrin 150 SR every morning for 3 weeks now. I was on Zoloft for quite a while and experienced sexual side effects. I was willing to try something different and Wellbutrin seemed to have a good history of not affecting sexual drive. I've continued to go downhill since starting the Wellbutrin. I have no energy, feel the need to withdraw from interaction with people, feel unsteady at times, have depressing thoughts, and feel moments of sadness and start crying. I can't wait to be weaned of this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was in a bad car accident 3 years ago and it tore up my already injured back. At first I relied on Cymbalta and narcotics to get through the pain. The narcotics lifted my mood and the Cymbalta did help with all other pain. Eventually the narcotic I was on (lortab) stopped working all together. I'm not a big fan of opiates for pain relief and would not have taken them had it not been my only choice to feel normal. (I couldnt even sit in my car for more than 15 mins without searing nerve pain).I accidently stumbled on a review that said Wellbutrin also helped with back pain. It has been the best thing that's happened to me. It has replaced both meds and I feel great! Cymbalta was horrible to come off of, Lortab not so much but think I was just lucky."

muchbetter79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2014

"I started taking Wellbutrin 150mg one week ago. I suffer from mild depression, but I feel like I am going through a rough patch in my marriage/life and needed something to change. I exercise regularly, own a business and sleep well, but just didn't have that "get up and go" that I felt others had. So, my doctor had given me a prescription for Lexapro that had horrible side effects right off the bat. Heartburn, insomnia, and this kind of stressed out feeling that made me VERY uncomfortable. My doc gave me a new prescription for Wellbutrin and I take it the moment I wake up each morning. I feel Happy, Energetic and Ready to tackle the day. No insomnia, but I do have a reduced appetite. This may be just the ticket!"

HappyDays73 June 16, 2014

202 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Cipralex seemed to be my lifeline for the first 4 yrs....the last 4 years was another story. It seemed to have really assisted with my sluggish, tired and empty feelings. I actually felt so consumed with depression and anxiety and stress over weight-gain this last year. Now, against my doctors wishes I have weaned myself off 20mg in a month. I've asked her to help wean me off numerous times. Instead, I would be told its not the right time....ie: going through divorce, custody battle, deaths in the family or financial hardships. So I put up my dukes and went for it. Mind you, she added Wellbutrin to my mornings 9 months ago. I am positive that it has helped with my withdrawal symptoms. A big cry baby...but I'm sure that will settle itself."

Lizzarrd June 13, 2014

"So far, so good but only been on this medication for a week."

Frody June 12, 2014

"Wellbutrin is amazing. Prior to Wellbutrin I was put on Zoloft, Prozac and Valdoxan, all which either killed my sex drive, did nothing or made me too sleepy to function. For 2 years I stupidly went off medication and just thought everything in life was crap, and probably said somethings I regret to people. Eventually it came to the point where was failing at work and angry at everyone. The ADHD medication I was taking also worsened my depression. Come Wellbutrin, I have been on it for around two months and I feel great. I have energy, more motivation, increased libido and I feel content, although I still get the moments. Also I have lost more than 5 pounds without dieting or exercising."

winningatlife (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I tried a couple different SSRI's and found that most of them gave me bad side effects and made me feel empty, so when I heard about Wellbutrin I asked my doctor if I could try it. It's one of the few that also doesn't give you a decreased sex drive. I was a bit scared after hearing some of the negative reviews, but this medication works wonders for me. I have had no side effects at all and within a day I started feeling better. I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't had luck with SSRI's."

McLovin17734 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After starting wellbutrin I didn't notice any effects until week 5, I am now on week 9. I feel so much better than before, my self image and self confidence have skyrocketed, my libido increased, I am so much more optimistic and happy too. Honestly can't say enough positive things about Wellbutrin."

Gsidthekid (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2014

218 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Five months after my Daughters fatal car accident, my Dr. suggested Celexa for my depression. I took it for 6 months. It made me worse, my Dr. thought that Wellbutrin might be better. It has really helped, just after 3 weeks I've noticed a big difference in my life. I take 200mg per day and now I can finally get on with my life knowing that some day we will be together."

ZT March 12, 2014

274 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Day 6 and I'm up at 2am. Maybe the energy is kicking in, I don't know. I suffer from bipolar, anxiety, panic attacks, depression. I usually feel a little manic all the time, but the 2nd day taking this medicine, a calmness came over me. I'm a pack a day smoker, but haven't had or wanted a cigarette from that 2nd day. I'm taking 75mg twice a day, but I think I need to just take it in the morning. I don't feel all energetic but I haven't been taking a nap in the afternoon like usual. And tonight I can't fall asleep...and I take 100mg of trazodone to fall asleep. Also I haven't been on Amazon and Ebay wanting to buy everything I see. I'll see how it goes day by day but I'm very hopeful! By the way...if you are bipolar DO NOT TAKE LEXAPRO!"

hopeful2014 February 17, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next