User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 6)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Wellbutrin to treat Depression

"I cried all the time! I was taking it for depression, but I became so sad while taking this because when I talked to my children I cried, when I was alone or with family, it didn't matter what was going on I CRIED! Needless to say I was switched to another med! Lol!"

Jmomma4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2013

"I started taking 150mg Wellbutrin SR about a month ago to treat severe atypical depression, and it has been nothing short of miraculous for me. The first two weeks were rough. I had some heart palpitations brought on by a combination of the meds and caffeine, so I had to stop the caffeine. I also had to work through a bit of insomnia early on, but that side effect has subsided, and now I actually sleep and wake well rested. For the first time in a decade, I'm hopeful. My negative thoughts are still there, but unlike before, I have control over them. I can manage them in a non-destructive way. Words cannot express what it feels like to know that you can, for the first time in so long you can't remember, function as a normal person."

Mathspiffy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2013

190 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started on 150mg for the first month and was raised to 300mg after that. I began having weird side effects such as uncontrollable jaw clenching so hard it would give awful headaches. I also would violently twitch while relaxing before going to sleep. I experienced insomnia. Last, my sense of smell was very heightened and the smells would make me feel nauseous. I had suicidal thoughts even though I didn't ever WANT to do that. I continued to feel depressed and in my opinion it intensified my anxiety. "

JKL10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2013

"I've been on Wellbutrin in combination with Prozac for almost a year now. When I began Wellbutrin, for the first couple of months I felt like I was on speed. I would constantly shake and my heart rate was pretty fast. For the first couple of months, I experienced very large mood swings that led to me making very irrational decisions. Despite this, I continued taking it, and after about 3 months I wasn't so shaky or moody anymore. When I began Wellbutrin I weighed about 115 pounds, and I lost 15 pounds over the course of 2 months on Wellbutrin, and have been stabilized at 100 ever since. Wellbutrin has caused me to be more energetic, happy, friendly. I definitely recommend it."

555Caroline September 30, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After the first week I felt more cheerful and energetic. After one month I completely lost my craving for cigarettes. (I was a social smoker, maybe would have five a week. But when I wanted one the cravings were intense). However my blood pressure was elevated 157/110. (I am on lisinopril-HCTZ for that). My sister was sure the bupropion was causing my high blood pressure. After a couple of weeks my smoking cravings came back and my blood pressure was still elevated so I went back on bupropion. Second time around I am super cranky and have a heightened sense of smell, but still crave cigarettes."

Wiscoteacher (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2013

"I started Wellbutrin ER a few months ago for depression. I had no energy and wanted to do nothing. It has helped so much with the depression but my hands tremor. I tried cutting back to once a day and couldn't tell much difference in the tremors. I asked my doctor to give me the XR (150mg) so that I could take it just once a day. I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I could even feel my lips quivering. I like that it makes me feel better but don't like the tremors. I can't find anything documented as to whether they will go away in time or continue as long as I take it. I haven't taken it today and I have no tremors."

LaineyFJ September 8, 2013

"The first time I took Wellbutrin I was in the hospital for major depression, suicidal ideation and a nervous breakdown. After trying the typical Zoloft, Paxil and others the Drs. were running out of options. A new Dr. on staff gave me Wellbrutin (I dont remember the dose) and I instantly was transported to a state I can only describe as ecstacy. Unfortunately this lasted only one day probably because of my "virgin" brain. But staying on this med. for two years helped me recover my life. I am so grateful. this was 15 years ago and although I still suffer from major depressive disorder I have been able to get a Master's degree and a new career."

AKTsongbird September 2, 2013

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Taking 300mg Wellbutrin XR, and it is already working after only one week. I have good energy, and do not feel like hiding in my room anymore. It gives me a floating feeling a little bit, but absolutely tolerable compared to the horrible depression I was experiencing. I am bipolar, and have experienced no mania at all. I am grateful for this med!"

deelooted (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2013

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am a 25 year old woman and started taking this 6 days ago along with clonazepam for anxiety. 300 mg of Bupropion once a day (mornings) and clonazepam twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening). I have to say that...so far THIS ROCKS. I was suffering from depression, obsessive thoughts, anxiety and panic attacks for months. I stopped taking Zoloft after a year because I gained 60 lbs on it. Now with Wellbutrin, I have no side effects except loss of appetite and more energy. I feel more energetic, happy (almost "giddy") and hopeful for the future. My anxiety and depression was debilitating and this saved my life. I can't wait till the full effects kick in. 6 days in and I feel the difference."

MiamiGirl25 August 7, 2013

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Going in and out of depressed feelings weekly."

Stevasaurus July 27, 2013

"I just took the first 100mg pill a few hours ago and I feel different. I feel almost normal. I'm not thinking about being depressed and my energy is almost back to normal. No antidepressant, antipsychotic or mood stabilizer has ever done that! If this feeling keeps up or gets better, I don't know what I'll do. I'll probably cry tears of joy. Is this what normal people feel like?"

AnonInCA July 18, 2013

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was on 150mg then the doctor increased my dose too 300mg. Now I feel like my brain was left at Walmart while my body went home. I hope it gets better."

allan42 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2013

"This really is a miracle. After trying SSRI's and having all of the side effects with no relief, Wellbutrin has truly helped me with no side effects except weight loss (which I'm not complaining about). I take it for both depression and ADD and it does wonders with my mood and concentration. I was also able to quit smoking without a struggle. Thanks, Wellbutrin."

JoeyDQ July 11, 2013

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I went on Wellbutrin in addition to escitalopram to combat my anxiety/depression. The escitalopram had treated my anxiety pretty well, but was not doing much for my depression. Within 2 weeks of adding this medications, I started to once again have severe panic attacks. I stuck with the medication for 5 more weeks before I just couldn't stand to be on it any longer. "

KimNikkiN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2013

"This is just awesome! Tried different antidepressants, but Wellbutrin really worked after 1.5 weeks. I'm so happy now after 5 years of depression!"

kitrastafara (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2013

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Was taking 20mg of Prozac which worked pretty good. Have taken Adderall in the past for ADD and asked my doctor about it again. He suggested I take Wellbutrin. Been on it for 2 weeks and I really noticed a difference. I actually feel great! 300mg XL. Side effects are minimal. I did feel like a zombie the first and second day. The third day I had the giggles. But, things started to even out after that. It wasn't anything terrible. It is a little bit harder to go to sleep at night however, I've never been a good sleeper. And, dry mouth is kind of bad. Other than that no anxiety depression. Haven't noticed anything about my ADD yet. I'll give it a couple more weeks."

CaseyT June 8, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine really works for me and has really improved my quality of life and perspective on things. I'm 18 and I have been on this for a little over 6 months and I would say the only bad side effect is dry mouth, but if you just drink a lot of water you'll be fine. I like it because it has helped me stop "binge" eating, I don't have cravings for food or cigarettes anymore, I completely stopped smoking. I'm never tired anymore, Wellbutrin definitely gives you energy in a good way. Sex drive is completely normal and I still have normal emotions unlike when I was on Celexa or Prozac where I felt so emotionless. I lost 20lbs but I am healthy and fit and a lot happier with myself."

c3llardoor May 16, 2013

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This is a really interesting medication based on the wide variety of experiences people have taking it. One person here said they constantly forgot things and had thoughts of death *before* taking Wellbutrin, whereas those are the symptoms I have *after* as side effects of Wellbutrin! Also, I did have immediate success with this exact same medication dosage around 9 years ago (was on it for 3 years until it got less and less effective and I quit). This time, I've only gotten those negative side effects I mentioned. My doctor says give it 6 weeks, but it's been 4 and no benefit at all. Strange. Apparently, Wellbutrin's effectiveness can change over time even for the same person!"

SecondTryOnWellbutrin May 13, 2013

"I am a 53 year old prostate cancer survivor (radical prostatectomy and adjuvant radiation treatment) with depression/anxiety. I started on 150mg of Wellbutrin 6 months ago. Recently started having major depression/anxiety feelings about work. I am now taking 150mg twice a day and I feel great. I cannot believe the difference in my mood from dismal depression to optimism. I also quit smoking and drinking. I've been doing the South Beach diet with moderate exercise (30-40 minutes walking on treadmill) and have lost 20 pounds, but I was about 100 pounds overweight so I have a long way to go. I am just a few days into the 150mg twice a day regimen, but the results with respect to mood change have been remarkable."

Piano Legs (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2013

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had fatigue problems with Celexa. I have been on Celexa for about 2-3 years and only recently (2-3 months ago) my doctor recommended I try Wellbutrin. I rated this drug 8 out of 10 because I was having lots of problems with motivation and energy. I can proudly say I am "Stable" because of this medicine. I even started an online course. Thanks!"

Alex B (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2013

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on Wellbutrin for a year and a half now. I had been reluctant to admit I was depressed even though I was miserable. I was rude and snappish with everyone, unhappy with myself and just wanted to die. Then I started Wellbutrin. Immediately, those thoughts in my head about what an awful person I was stopped. When I consciously tried to think about them again, I couldn't do it without my brain also coming up with all the reasons those negative thoughts were ridiculous and untrue. The only side effect I noticed was lack of appetite but that went away after about three weeks. This medicine works really well for me. I feel so much more like myself."

Female, 35 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 16, 2013

210 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"One week one, 100 mg week two, 200 mg half way into third week, diarrhea, feel hungover, only sleeping 3 to 4 hours a night, horrible anxiety like something bad is going to happen, getting angry at just about anything. This medication isn't for me."

cour58 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2013

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had trouble with anxiety and having a "short fuse". I thought about death constantly and had trouble remembering things. In short I suffered from depression. I was horrible to my coworkers, family, and friends. I have never taken an antidepressant before. I have been taking Wellbutrin for 5 days and I can say that I feel better. I have energy, although I have noticed some heart palpitations...nothing worth seeing a Dr about. I have a decreased appetite but just slight nausea. I am in a better mood and seem to be able to let things that used to bother me just slide by. I do not feel like a zombie at all. I smile more and cry less. That's exactly what I was hoping for. I am a 45 year old woman."

Mrs. Elvis (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2013

212 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm a 19 year old college female. I was struggling with anxiety and depression for about six months and went on Zoloft in December 2012. It made me even more depressed, even though it helped with the anxiety. Zoloft also made me a zombie (napping for hours during the day, no motivation to socialize, no motivation to do schoolwork, nothing). I went off it about a month ago and switched to 150mg of Wellbutrin daily. I noticed a difference the FIRST day. It gave me the energy/positivity I have been lacking for months and I finally am starting to feel like myself again. I recommend it to anyone who Zoloft didn't work for or who needs that extra boost to come out of a fog."

jaf123456 April 1, 2013

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Best medication ever. I quit smoking and am loving life!"

saskgirly22 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2013

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next