User Reviews for Buprenorphine

Opiate Dependence - Maintenance
5.6

Summary of Buprenorphine reviews 7.2 438 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Just awful. I was taking 16 mg of generic buprenorphine a day and decided to try this out because I was sick of having to take my meds twice a day. Days 1-3 were ok but starting day 4 I noticed that the craving were back and I felt way more tired, day 5 I was in full withdrawal. I ended up going back to the doctor and he put me back on my original dose. Be advised that this works very well for some and is a complete disaster for others."

Trent (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I was on about 12-16 mg SUBOXONE for the last 6 yrs. It was a game-changer for me. Obviously I still struggle with other vices, but nothing has ever captivated me the way opiates have. My dad and I call it my Oxygen. I got my 1st Sublocade shot last saturday 8-25. So far, it’s been a mix of emotions. I used to love the two hours after I woke up where I knew Buprenorphine efficacy was 98%. But that’s unhealthy. So in terms of getting better, this is far more effective. I definitely have some adapting to do-but I would recommend this to anyone who is trying to “normalize” their life or get into more of a daily routine/regimen. Will update next month. Cheers"

Niz August 30, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "Got the shot about a week ago. At first it was weird not taking anything but now I don’t even think about it. No withdrawals or cravings. So far so good."

Soberjunkie41 (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I’m on my second Sublocade injection and feel great. The first couple of days were a bit rough since I wasn’t taking anything anymore. I don’t have the ups and down like I did with Suboxone. Overall, I’m very happy I made the switch. My insurance covered it too."

Missy5025 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "To Badbones who commented about PM Clinic being rude & disrespectful. Honey, "YOU ain't seen nothing yet!" Yanno how the DMV is just understood & expected to be a NITEMARE? Welcome to Pain Mgr! You MIGHT actually be in some pain but if so, it's your own fault for choosing to live as a junkie. You MIGHT get a low dose, low effective med but you will sell your soul to pay for it, that's for sure. Do EVER EVER say you took more than rx'd because your pain spiked etc.....NOT EVEN 1! DO NOT tell them this doesn't work. They'll take it & give you NOTHING until you've successfully begged & groveled.. I was BLESSED to find a Neurologist thats also PM. THEYRE OUT THERE. LOOK!!!! They're ALL run this way. Thx to real junkies & Trump they're all getting worse as he villianizes actual pain sufferers. I'm in NC & go from Charlotte to Raleigh to see my PM MD...its worth the trip! To ALL....PLZ PLZZZZZ find better doctors because you will DIE waiting for help thru ANY of the so called pain mgmt"

LuxsMom August 22, 2018

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "It helped me to get clean and lead a productive life but I’ve been dependent on buprenorphine for twice as long as I was hooked on pain pills. I’m finally trying to come off of it after 6 long years and if I had known how hard it is to come off of it I would’ve never taken this route. I’m thankful that it helped me to lead a “normal” life but the withdrawals are so much more intense than opioids. If doctors would prescribe this medicine short term and at a low dosage it would be a perfect solution but typically they put you on the highest dose possible and suggest you stay on it for a long time. It’s really sad and it makes me angry that doctors prescribe this to people the way they do. If you need help getting off heroin or pain pills, I would recommend taking this medicine for a short time and it will work wonders! But any longer and you’ll just be trading one expensive addiction for another."

Ncstate August 18, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Subutex absolutely changed my life. Long story short on pain management for neck and shoulder injury serving in military,long after service civilian doc started me on Vicodin for pain management which quickly went from 1 -2 tablets very 4 - 6 hours to Norco per 24 hours. I HATED it. Had a awesome pharmacist that let me know she was worried about the wear and tear on my organs.This began my voyage of education.Next doctor appointment let him know my concern told me options are surgery again or try Subutex. Was taking 24 Norco a day to taking none for 3 full days hard ? Got to the appointment with Pain Management Doctor and let me tell you this was a great day. Since that day 5 years ago I need NO MORE then 3 8mg Subutex per day most of the time less. I have not needed to increase the amount of Subtex I take that allows me to live a active happy for the most part pain free life. If your on the fence please if you can give Subutex a it changed my life praying it will chnage yours."

sgt pops August 17, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I’ve been on Suboxone 8mg for 2 year. I received my first injection about 2 weeks ago, and the first couple days were ok. After 5 days I was in Suboxone withdrawal. Sleep is impossible, restless leg, stomach issues etc. I received the 300mg shot and I believe it’s equivalent to 1-2mg of Suboxone. My dr said I have to wait it out and will not give me strips. I am craving opitates bad.I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone on a high dose of Suboxone."

Lb1975 August 17, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "This is month 2 on this . I’m at 300mg. I can tell you that it does NOT help. It’s very expensive."

Davey (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Three months ago I received my first sublicade shot with the intention of receiving 2 shots in total and that would be how I would get off the suboxum My second and last shot was almost 2 months ago now and still feel better than any taper I have tried doing with the suboxum. When I received my first 100mg shot I had been on a constant dose of 12mg/day of generic suboxum. It was in a less fatty area in my upper abdominal and it felt like a bee was stinging me until they removed the needle to administer the shot. My second shot was in a more fatty area in my lower abdomin and was painless by comparison. Transitioning from the suboxum to the sublicade was mildly uncomfortable for about five to seven days (mainly noticeable loss of energy and looser bowel movements, nothing unbearable....essentially went from 12 mg to the equivalent of 8 mg with the 100mg injectable sublacade.) I would recommend this to anyone who is serious about getting off the suboxum."

DrugfreedrugE August 11, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I was taking between 16mg-24mg of Suboxone for over 8 years. I received my first Sublocade shot exactly 1 week ago today. Some days, even hours, are better than others but for the most part I feel pretty good! The biggest perk of the shot is not having to remember to take Suboxone everywhere I go. Good luck everyone!!"

KickMick (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I had my first Sublocade shot this morning at 9am. I feel nothing. It stung, about like a black fly bite. It went away almost immediately. I feel nothing at all. I worry. The small buzz I got from subs kept me going- not craving and using illicit opioids. My doc put me on the Subclocade due to mismanagement of dose. I wish I could just take the strips as prescribed. I'll keep posting. As of day one, I feel nothing at all. Just tired."

Meh (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Besides being expensive. Belbuca is not effective whatsoever for pain. It may be suitable to help relieve withdrawal from other opioids but it has no effect to relieve pain for me. Since the drug manufactures have changed the formulas in hydrocodone, there are no more medications except Percocet or Zohydro that will provide relief. Expect to live in pain now as the result of opioid scam which has practically eliminated manufacturers like Activis which made safe and effective Norco. I have discontinued the use of Belbuca after 4 days of use. I hope I do not have any withdrawal issues for I was not in withdrawal when I tried it last Wednesday."

Carl August 6, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have had rheumatoid arthritis (RA) for many years and have dealt with chronic pain for majority of my life. I just started Belbuca about a week ago I was skeptical and a bit scared at first after reading reviews. I was on ext release morphine every 12 hours and oxycodone for break through pain I was averaging 1-4 a day. My doctor started me on 300mg Belbuca every 12 hours and let me keep my oxycodone for the break through pain. So far I am pretty happy. I have noticed since Starting the Belbuca I have only had to take 2 pain pills for break through pain (that’s two in over a week whereas I was taking that daily before) I seem to be in a lot less pain and have been able to be more active I am extremely happy so far the only negative is that I have been experiencing a lot of frequent headaches I am not sure if it’s coincidence or because of the Belbuca however I will take headaches over chronic joint pain any day"

RAfighter August 5, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Scared, after reading comments of sublocade, which I had the shot today. I really hope I don't have withdrawals. But I'm use to only taking 12 mg a day. Been on suboxone 1 year, before that methadone. It seems most people are honest but I'd like to know for the people who haven't had issue with sublocade are you pot smokers or taking any other meds that might be helping you deal with the switch? Cause I don't and I want to be able to balance the reviews out. Thanks"

Appy (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "This medication has worked wonders for me. I no longer crave illicit opioids and I am living a much more fulfilling life while on this medicine."

Formerjunkie21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I had many surgeries in the past and of course became dependent on pain pills. Well I started on Suboxone then switched to Subutex. Now 8 yrs later I'm still clean from pain pills but completely dependent on Subutex. And like any addict I took a little too much and now I'm out until my next appointment (which isn't for another week). I am so scared because after 3 days without my meds full withdrawal kicks in. I'm scared to death and don't know what to do. My suggestion is if you can kick your drugs with out meds do it, otherwise you are just trading one addiction for another."

Notyouraverageaddict (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been addicted to heroin for 5 years and opioid pain pills for 26 years. Now since starting and continuing the Subutex now for a little over 6 month's I really feel like with the care I receive from my doctor, medicine, intake meetings, and my counsellor that I'm headed in the right direction for the first time in years. Thank you all for your comments as well because you all are one of the big factors to me starting Subutex in the first place. I can honestly say hey I know how y'all feel!!! God bless you all keep your heads held high cause you're worth it!!!!! Synflower"

Synflower (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I got my first Sublocade injection about three weeks ago. The injection was pretty painful, but the pain only lasted for about 15 minutes. I felt great the first several days, but I started feeling like I was going through withdrawals on day 4- no energy, headache, nausea, stomach cramps, and hot flashes. My doctor called in some strips so I could take one a day, and that has helped a little. However, I still feel like I need to take two 8 mg strips a day to feel “normal”. I was taking 24 mg per day for the past 6 months before getting the shot. After thinking about it a lot, I have decided not to get the second injection. I was doing great on 24 mg a day, so I’m going to go back to suboxone. I don’t want to spend another month feeling like crap. Hopefully the shot will work for others, but it wasn’t for me. It seems to work well for those who have been on a low dose of suboxone (8 mg or less per day)."

Liz July 11, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "The biggest issue is that it only comes in two sizes 300 mg and 100 mg. Kinda hard to taper off from such a high dose. I feel like they would like you to stay on for the rest of your life and continue to pay the crazy high cost of Sublocade (approximately $1500 a month). I was able to qualify for the assistance and get the first two months at only five dollars, but the third month will be full price at which time I will likely be going back to Suboxone because I cannot afford the Sublocade."

drewglas44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I have been on sublocade for about a month now, next injection is scheduled 3 days out. I struggled with using bupe IV style. The only con I have had is that the actual injection stung unbelievably. I was told that I was the 11 person in the nation to receive this shot so I was really nervous. I just hope the mass goes away on its own so I am not 40 with numerous lumps on my belly..."

Bryan with a y (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I'm thinking of getting the sublocade shot. The Dr is pushing for it a little too hard too. That concerns me. He told me that it stays in system for months when I said about worried if I missed next shot. That it gradually decreases but has been found 4-5 after first dose. I suffer from a lot of headaches and I'm in school and am worried I will get shot and will have a headache. I can't get rid of other negative symptom I have been on Suboxone pills since February"

Angie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I’ve only been on Butrans for 5 days. I can’t really tell a difference in my pain relief, yet. My Dr. and my Nurse both told me it might take up to 2 weeks for the medication to really start getting into my system! I am on 5 mcg and I am supposed to change the patch every 7 days. I’m hoping and praying that Butrans helps the excruciating pain that I have to endure 24/7!"

Lady Diamond (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "So I got the Sublocade shot three days ago, and the actual injection was so much more painful than I could have imagined. It stung so bad for a good half hour after getting the shot. I feel fine as far as the dosing goes and it's relaxing not having to remember to bring my suboxone with me to work every day. I also would run out too early and have to deal with taking half my prescription dose the last two weeks of the month. So far so good, I'll get it again next month despite the pain. There is a lump at the injection site as well that as bruised and is sore to the touch. Overall I think the benefit of peace of mind out way the pain"

Caitlin June 30, 2018

For Pain: "I have been on this maintenance drug for pain for over 2 years, while I can say in the beginning it was a lifesaver. It helped me come off a bad addiction to opiates while still giving me pain relief. Although, I might add, this medication can be quite addicting itself. I can not go one day without it. Sometimes I wonder if I may have traded one addiction for another."

Review person (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes