User Reviews for Buprenorphine

6.9

Chronic Pain

Summary of Buprenorphine reviews 7.2 485 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I was so scared and so worried about losing the strips when my dr recommended this shot! He said that this would stop my taking more strips then needed and the ups and downs of them during the day and night. Let me tell you he was right!!!! This shot is amazing and is doing everything he said it would do for me! And it’s painless! He gives a little shot of lidocaine before he injects the sublocade and when the shot of sublacade is going in you don’t feel a thing I’m serious!! About an hour later I could feel the medicine working it’s that fast. And the bump is not very noticeable but you can feel it’s there. I highly recommended anyone in the same situation as I was to try this! You got nothing to lose you can always go back on the strips if choose to"

Opioded1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was really excited to start this medication recommended by my PM neurologist. Unfortunately I had horrific reactions to it. My face became red and covered in red dots. My hands swelled up and were very itchy. I was unable to have a bowel movement. I had severe headaches and vomiting. I was lethargic and extremely sleepy. I had terrible nightmares and would wake up yelling or crying. My body has been twitching and spasming uncontrollably. I can’t think or comprehend anything. I suffered though these side effects for 3 days hoping my body just needed to adjust but on the evening of my last dose, I had chest pain and thought I was going to die choking on a banana. My throat had swelled up. It’s been about 60 hrs since I took the last dose of Belbuca, my throat still feels slightly swollen. My body is still twitching every 15-30 seconds and I am extremely sleepy. Other than the bad headache and chest pain, it worked on my chronic pain."

Pain in AZ (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I've been on belbucca for about 6 months. I do feel like it helps most of the time. I'm given a few tylenol 3, a month for breakthrough pain. Belbuca works better to me than just pills. It did take awhile to get use to being able to keep the patch in place and it can be an inconvenience because I can't talk for about 15 minutes or it will not stay in place. I do not eat or drink for at least 30 minutes to make sure it has dissolved fully. The best thing for me is there is no high feeling. I just feel normal. My only concern is after the coupon runs out how much will it cost me. The cost is 50 dollars a month now and that seems expensive enough."

Relief (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "Was prescribed the tablets (then, films) for 2 years before I finally got the Sublocade injection. I did not dose as normal on the morning of the injection. The injection *burned* going in, lasting about 1-2 minutes. Right away I could tell that a decent amount of buprenorphine had entered my system. I told my doctor that I hadn't dosed my films that morning; he suggested that it might help to take 1 or 2 films, in addition to the injection. I took 2 films and, no doubt about it, I had a significant amount of bupe in my system. Slept really good that first night, and when I woke up I could tell that I'd woken up with a good amount of bupe already in my system. And this matches clinical trials data that 'Tmax', following first injection, is at about 24 hours -- i.e., an initial peak in plasma bupe levels occurs about 24 hours after the initial injection. So now am waiting to see what the coming days bring. My hope is that I'll be totally free from having to put things under my tongue."

ForeignWars Correspondent (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Omg never been so ill , kicking my whole body jumping I’m an ex UK royal marine I’m not a wimp - my god not good ! I had been off fentanyl 150mcg for 72 hours was clucking I’m in agony I was shot in both knees then subutex. Made it worse ."

Mungo (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I first got this shot may 2018. Before the shot I was taking suboxone 1x day 8mg. Before suboxone I was on 120mg of methadone. I was feeling some withdrawals and discomfort on suboxone so my doctor recommended to do this shot instead of the film. It was the best thing I could have done. I have had no withdrawals yet. I started 2 months 300mg then down to 100mg I felt some withdrawals when switching the doses. I called my doctor and said I wanted to stay on 300mg longer cuz of some withdrawals. I have been sober almost 7 years. I also had no side effects. But it hurts and stings going in, but to me it’s worth it. I live in New York and I have Medicaid and they completely cover the cost."

Kelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I am unsure about this shot. I have gotten it twice now and had to fight for the second injection. The first time I got it I was only two in 5,000 people where the shot didn’t properly dissolve into my body and I had extreme withdrawals after two days. They even did a urine and blood test and my bup scores were 500 on the strips and down to 70 by the time they believed I was in withdrawal and put me back on to strips. I just got my second one by a different doctor after the doctors spoke to pharma and any other doctors about their opinions on me getting a second dose because I want off suboxone, I’ve been stuck on it for 5 years and had two children during this time. I want to be free and I experience insane withdrawal when I wean off of strips. So it’s day two and I am getting some hot and cold sweats but feel a little more tired than last time and I am not feeling as “sick” as last time. I am so hopeful! I will update this in 10 days! :)"

Mare January 31, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I cannot believe the 10 ratings on here. This drug is horrible for me. I've been taking oxycodone for 5 years and my doc is trying to get me to switch, as others have said, due to the opioid crisis. I'm not chasing a "high", I am chasing a reduced pain life. My pain level was a 3 on oxycodone. Now my joint and nerve pain is at a 9, dare I say a 10. I hate to say a 10 but the pain level is back to the worst I've ever had. Not only that but I get extremely nauseous and get a BAD headache. I have to take tylenol and benadryl to sleep when I take it and the when I wake up I feel like I have a hangover - the side effects from this drug are worse than anything I had ever experienced on Oxycodone, and then added side effects from benadryl compound it. This drug is just absolutely horrible and my body cannot tolerate it. Makes me think doctors are getting a kickback to prescribe it."

Jay (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 23, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "**I tried to ask my doctor the equivalent of suboxone to sublocade... I guess there isn’t an answer** After being on Suboxone for the past 2 years. I felt I was suddenly pushed into this by my doctor. They’ve been giving it to all their other clients. I heard “everyone feels great on it” and I thought hey it’d be nice to not have to take it daily. (2/ 8mg films once daily) it left a ROCK in my stomach from the actual injection (which wasn’t too bad (WITH the novocaine)). So fast forward it’s about my 3rd week on it. I just woke up & have no desire whatsoever to get out of bed. When I do get up I feel like puking (not in a good way) and the nausea has been EVERY single day along with very annoying headaches. Not sure why it’s so expensive? Likely because it is new."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I just received my 4th shot of Sublocade today after taking Suboxone for almost 10 years and being a multiple drug addict for years before that. This shot has literally changed my life. When I was in the pills it was like I would crave them, but now I don't even think about it. I wake up feeling great and stable all through the day, all through the month. It's been amazing for me."

HairGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Does not work I've been on it for 2 weeks gives me bad headaches. I'm a pain patient that has been on oxycodone 30 mg for 7 years"

biggyjames64 January 14, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Thanks to this "opioid" crisis my pain doctor decided to switch me from the Oxycontin and hydrocodone I had been taking for the chronic nerve pain I've been in for 12 years. Now that I've been on the Belbuca I can say I was truly blessed to have the other drugs for so long. I know now how much pain they had been blocking for so long. I've been in pain ever since I've switched back, all the burning nerve pain has come back plus all the aches from joint pain that had been reduced by the opioids."

dnaman (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Update from my review on 2018-12-15. I am on my 3rd shot which is now lowered to 100mg. The shot is very very painful, it burns like none other. I might be acting like a a brat but damn does that burn. I have a good amount of fat on my belly tho so that may be why. I can still feel the last 2 depots from the 300mg shot so know that medicine is still in me and have not had a single bad day. I truly believe this is the miracle drug for getting off opioids. Also, the mg of the shot cannot be compared to the strips. 300mg of sublocade is much more than 300mg of suboxone due to the method of absorption."

Luckbox January 11, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Chronic pain is the worst . I have a broken hip that needs to be replaced, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, broken left foot and CAEBV (Chronic active EBV disease), and a bunch more I can add.. but I was on Norco10 , But after 2 years Norco wasn’t working for me. The doctor suggested Belbuca , and I gave it a whirl. I am on 300mg and started out on 175mg. I finally can lay in bed pain free. I can’t walk to good and my hip pain hurts if I’m on it, but all the other pain, that horrible nerve pain, the horrible joint pain is gone. Full body pain is gone. I do have days where my pain is a tad untouchable and I use my norco for the breakthrough especially with the weather pain. Belbuca kinda feels fresh, because your mind is clear and the pain is gone or limited. Give it a try. It took me 3 months to get adjusted. My insurance denied it. We fought for it and got approved. You need a doctor that will fight for you."

Autumn January 10, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have used a 150 film for a few months now, previous were the patches, which ate holes in my skin and made me feel terrible, previous to that everything since 3 accidents since 2004, with serious injuries. I was lastly on oxycodone 90mg a day, what a nightmare. I could not function, did not want to see anyone or go anywhere for over 4 years, lost all savings, could not work and was in despair and felt like a drug addict. I now am back to work, have great energy, am happy, around 60% less pain daily, can sleep, etc. It has made life worth living again. ***My doctor will not move up my dosage however, I feel that if it was up 33% it would be very helpful. Does anyone know the reason for this. ***He did have me put the film in my cheek and hold it for 5 seconds with my tongue. I have had no problem with getting the film to stay properly."

Misha (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I did a study for the shot in 2016. After 7 years of injecting heroin they accepted me and my fiancé in the study. It was like we hit the lottery. It took a few days for us to adjust to it, but when we did it was amazing! It really helps with your dopamine levels and cravings. We took it for 13 months and then we got off it. We didn’t have any withdrawl symptoms or pain at all following our last shot. I highly recommend it to any opiate users. It was the only way we quit using after seven years."

Magic (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I have been taking 8 mg of suboxone for 2.5 years now, and decided to make the switch to the shot to break the habit of waking up and expecting to take something every morning. 2 hours in and I am a little tired, but other than that all is well. Have not taken any suboxone since yesterday morning and so far no withdrawal symptoms. So that’s 32 hours without suboxone and getting the shot 2 hours ago with no withdrawal so far, I think I’m good to go. I was told some people experience withdrawal at the beginning of getting this shot, but I think that only happens to those that switch from a very high dose of suboxone (above 12 mg) without tapering down some first. I’m no doctor, but have plenty of experience with addiction. My suggestion would be to make sure your on a regular dose of 8 mg per day of suboxone before getting the shot. If you do, and attend NA meetings regularly, this medicine is really a life saver. Don’t depend on the medicine alone, get involved in your local NA!!"

Dave December 26, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I had my first shot 12/9/18 I feel as if I'm starting to get small signs of withdraw the runny nose watery eyes but I'm having trouble deciphering if its my head or if its real withdraw. I want the shot to work soooo very badly. I guess I just gotta see what the next few days brings."

Bobbi (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I am a Registered Nurse who had a 36 year career end due to disabling chronic spinal disc disease, herniation and failed surgeries. I have a spinal cord stimulator and was taking 50mcg fentanyl via patch changed every two days for ~ 10 years. Took codeine 30-60mg every two days and as needed for breakthrough pain. I was sleepy, antisocial and miserable. I was given Belbuca 300mg to replace fentanyl. Within 48 hrs the extreme fatigue, & foggy brain was gone. Pain less intense . I did experience increased migraines and nausea after am dose. Extremely good outcome"

Lexie December 16, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "The shot is painful, but only takes 30 seconds. 30 seconds for 30 days is a trade off I'm good with. It works. Does everything it claims. Couldn't be happier or agree more with the below positive reviews. I will say tho if you aren't taking 12mgs+ a day, that 300mg shot is going to be very strong, you will sleep hard. Highly recommend! I have great insurance and I'm willing to pay out of network costs just for this."

Luckbox (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "So I just got my 3rd sublocade shot 300 today. I'm very happy w the shot! My insurance covers it for $5.00. The only thing I'm worried about is when I decide to get off the shot. Has anyone decided to stop the shot? If so was there any w/d symptoms?"

Anonymous December 10, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have been on subone for six years due to sero negative spondylitis I have had to have several back surgeries. Went to Belbuca but now doesn’t help and needed to go to norco for pain and nerve damage and norco won’t work unless it’s a high dosage. I’m miserable"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I received my injection 4 days ago and so far so good. I was on 12 mg of suboxone and the daily habit of taking the strip wasn’t allowing me to fully recover from addiction and change my habits/lifestyle. The strips were a crutch as I looked forward to taking them. Waking up and knowing I had something to take or splitting my doses into smaller increments through out the day because I thought I’d feel better are all addict behavior. With the shot I am very excited to break the hand to mouth habit and get the notion of taking something everyday multiple times to feel better. Now I can just live my life and start to change my habits. Will update towards the end of the month."

Kje35 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "My son was one of the first shots released in April. He just got shot number 8. He feels great. No withdrawals. No ups and downs. No cravings. Doesn’t even think about it. Lives a completely normal life now. The shot hurts but he says it’s worth it. I am so grateful for this medicine. The choice of taking suboxone every day was not working for him Having the shot in him with no choice made all the difference. He wants to stop at shot 12."

Mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Been on Suboxone for a little over a year and a half, taking the smallest amounts possible just to stave off the withdrawal symptoms that come with Suboxone. Got addicted after a friend offered me them as a treatment for my addiction problem. Anyway a year and a half trying tapering down and suffering with Suboxone I went to the doctors myself and got the 300 sublocade shot yesterday. So far been very sleepy, dizzy, and blurry vision, these side effects are going away slowly through the day tho. Read someone had a great experience, happy to have read that. Will post back when further into the program."

Swim (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018