User Reviews for Buprenorphine

Opiate Dependence - Maintenance

Chronic Pain

Summary of Buprenorphine reviews 7.3 420 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I got my first Sublocade injection about three weeks ago. The injection was pretty painful, but the pain only lasted for about 15 minutes. I felt great the first several days, but I started feeling like I was going through withdrawals on day 4- no energy, headache, nausea, stomach cramps, and hot flashes. My doctor called in some strips so I could take one a day, and that has helped a little. However, I still feel like I need to take two 8 mg strips a day to feel “normal”. I was taking 24 mg per day for the past 6 months before getting the shot. After thinking about it a lot, I have decided not to get the second injection. I was doing great on 24 mg a day, so I’m going to go back to suboxone. I don’t want to spend another month feeling like crap. Hopefully the shot will work for others, but it wasn’t for me. It seems to work well for those who have been on a low dose of suboxone (8 mg or less per day)."

Liz July 11, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "The biggest issue is that it only comes in two sizes 300 mg and 100 mg. Kinda hard to taper off from such a high dose. I feel like they would like you to stay on for the rest of your life and continue to pay the crazy high cost of Sublocade (approximately $1500 a month). I was able to qualify for the assistance and get the first two months at only five dollars, but the third month will be full price at which time I will likely be going back to Suboxone because I cannot afford the Sublocade."

drewglas44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I have been on sublocade for about a month now, next injection is scheduled 3 days out. I struggled with using bupe IV style. The only con I have had is that the actual injection stung unbelievably. I was told that I was the 11 person in the nation to receive this shot so I was really nervous. I just hope the mass goes away on its own so I am not 40 with numerous lumps on my belly..."

Bryan with a y (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I'm thinking of getting the sublocade shot. The Dr is pushing for it a little too hard too. That concerns me. He told me that it stays in system for months when I said about worried if I missed next shot. That it gradually decreases but has been found 4-5 after first dose. I suffer from a lot of headaches and I'm in school and am worried I will get shot and will have a headache. I can't get rid of other negative symptom I have been on Suboxone pills since February"

Angie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I’ve only been on Butrans for 5 days. I can’t really tell a difference in my pain relief, yet. My Dr. and my Nurse both told me it might take up to 2 weeks for the medication to really start getting into my system! I am on 5 mcg and I am supposed to change the patch every 7 days. I’m hoping and praying that Butrans helps the excruciating pain that I have to endure 24/7!"

Lady Diamond (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "So I got the Sublocade shot three days ago, and the actual injection was so much more painful than I could have imagined. It stung so bad for a good half hour after getting the shot. I feel fine as far as the dosing goes and it's relaxing not having to remember to bring my suboxone with me to work every day. I also would run out too early and have to deal with taking half my prescription dose the last two weeks of the month. So far so good, I'll get it again next month despite the pain. There is a lump at the injection site as well that as bruised and is sore to the touch. Overall I think the benefit of peace of mind out way the pain"

Caitlin June 30, 2018

For Pain: "I have been on this maintenance drug for pain for over 2 years, while I can say in the beginning it was a lifesaver. It helped me come off a bad addiction to opiates while still giving me pain relief. Although, I might add, this medication can be quite addicting itself. I can not go one day without it. Sometimes I wonder if I may have traded one addiction for another."

Review person (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have chronic pain. My Pain Management (PM) Doc she liked the idea of the Belbucca Patches because they are an extended release medicine and can help cover when my Percocet starts to wear off. That’s what Belbucca is good for, helping with break thru pain. My PM Doc Started me on 75 mcg. She just upped it to 300 mcg. I can tell a difference in the pain. It’s not as severe as it use to be, I have absolutely no side effects at all, the patch is super tiny, tastes minty, about the size of the tip of an eraser on a pencil , it sticks to the cheek with no problem. Don’t drink or eat till it’s dissolved. When you first put the patch on the inside of your cheek take your tongue and press it up against there and take some extra saliva and push it over the patch and it’ll stick with no problem. It doesn’t give you that drowsy drugged up feeling like some meds do, you can still go on with your daily activities that you normally do with no problems. Hope this helps!"

Tori (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "Started this medicine about 16 days ago and I feel great so far. No withdraw and I feel more even than I have in a very long time. Of course I kind of miss the ups of having a large dose at one time, but not having any of the lows as Suboxone wears off is really nice. I love not having to worry about running out of medicine or not being able to talk for a half hour while it dissolves. So far so good!"

UnoViper (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Works well if applied exactly right and it stays there. My problem is that it is difficult to apply and slides down inside of cheek and ends up in a little roll between gums and cheek. It does not enter bloodstream when this happens, torturous pain is the result. Sometimes it sticks to my teeth. Either malfunction destroys bioavailability and leaves me in horrible pain. My Pain Management (PM) Dr staff behaved as if my pleas for help were a huge imposition. I thought resolving pain issues was their job. I called twice politely asking for help. Their response was that if I don't shut up and wait for my appointment I had to have steroid shots if I want treatment. The PM Clinic power trip over those who are vulnerable is pathetic and inhumane. Sick of so called pain management clinics. Shame on you Dr and staff."

Badbones (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Pain: "Felt it is great for people who are not active. If you don't sit still well it doesn't touch the pain"

Ostrich (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I can say I have been on every med possibly known to man. I suffer from fibromyalgia and chronic migraines and most days cannot even get out of bed. My neuro doc put me on the butran 20mcg right from the start and I was not convinced they were helping me at all. But by Day 2 I was sooo relieved when I woke from bed to start the morning and I could get out of bed and not be in extreme pain that I couldn’t walk! So I will say for a fact if you can afford this medication and your doc will try it -mixed Ceuta gabapentin - it is truly a miracle drug to say the least -they have a trial offer that lasts a year and will give you a good discount also -I pay 100$ with my blue cross and blue shield insurance and it is worth every penny!!!"

Lucy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "Side affects- disturb sleep, headaches, doesn’t control pain very well. Coming off opioids works pretty good."

Wild (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "My husband has been on suboxone for three years. Three days ago he received his first sublocade injection. It does leave a knot at the injection site but isn't painful. The day of the shot, he experienced extreme euphoria (unusual for him with bup/nal) and said his head felt a lot of pressure but felt no withdrawal symptoms. Day two, the euphoric feeling was gone, but he said he felt like he'd been hit by a truck and had a massive headache. Still no withdrawal, though. Today is day 3, and he woke up with another truly bad headache that made him nauseous. Still though, no withdrawals. The goal is to eventually wean off the medication. He's being patient and trying to believe these side effects (reported as common) are just his body adapting to the new delivery system. The most important thing is to avoid debilitating withdrawal. For that purpose, it has been effective. I'll continue to post as he moves closer to the end of the first cycle and when he receives his second injection."

Wife May 26, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I just received my first sublocade shot on Tuesday at 12:40 I had been on suboxone for 4 years and would a lot of times run out of my prescription early because I would always think one more to feel better just one more of course the only thing it might of done is give me energy for a little while but since receiving the shot I have to admit I'm not too impressed. Of course at this time my head could still be messing with me because I am having issues with the part of taking something everyday but I'm very very tired with no energy so I feel like rubbish and I'm still having some hot flashes I'm hoping it will get better and it will work because I want this to work but as of now I'd say the suboxone strips are a lot better but I will keep posting updates because I looked and looked for reviews before switching and couldn't find any so I'd like to help people by my story"

Kassy Brooke (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Have used patches (20mcg/hour) for over 10 years after trying many other drugs. I was in so much pain that I felt like taking my own life. I am still in some pain but so much more bearable . Wonderful drug."

Micke (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2018

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Ive been on Subutex for about nine years and have been taking it for off label use for chronic pain. I'm kind of a split case because due to chronic pain and over prescribing pain medication, my new doctor at the time decided he wanted to try Subutex with me. This medicine has improved my quality of life beyond any other modality that I've tried. The only thing I will warn other people about is if you stay on the medicine for a long time and decide you want to stop taking it, it affects your brain chemistry so much that you may not recognize yourself. This happened to me and the lights just went out. I was sick for weeks but more than that I couldn't think straight and made terrible decisions. Not until I was placed back on my medication at a very low dose did I regain my sense of self. I think I may be on this medication forever."

Diesl (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 12, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have Chronic Pancreatitis. I was prescribed Bulbuca 300. I did help somewhat for my pain. Although the side effects were awful. I was trading pain for some kind of lethargic very sick state. At work I was told to get more sleep although I slept 10 hrs plus. I was nauseated dizzy with mild pain. When I told my doctor he said it was normal. So I continued for 30 days. I just couldn't take it. I asked him if there was anything else. He said no . For me he wanted me to take a higher dosage. I couldn't agree . I need to go to work I need something else not being lethargic!"

Amber (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "After spending 4 years taking pills from hydrocodone and morphine for my chronic back pain and worrying whether I would not wake-up from sleep, I expressed this concern to my new pain management Doctor who referred the Butrans patch. I started with 5mcg and am now at 20mcg after a year. I went through the side effects from migraines to severe itching and persevered, I learned to use benadryl and that the migraines were gone after 3/months, my pain is now considerably less, from (9 to 2-4). I feel a lot better and yes, I still have some effects but they are nothing to the terrible withdrawal effects of pills and the fact I am still alive for my children and grandchildren."

Rusty (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2018

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have been on Butran patches for 4 yrs and it works great I take an oxycodone with it just to help with the chronic pain. I remember when I was off for a few weeks man I tell you I had bad withdrawals, I could not walk I felt so much pain I was rushed to the ER and they basically had to give me high doses of medicine to get me to feeling well and that didn't last long. I eventually had to go back to the patches to make it all right, but I must say they work though you just have to stay on them."

Lashon (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2018

For Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I seem to be looking in the wrong places, or not talking to the right people to find a Doctor to prescribe Buphrenorphine here in Detroit."

James Moser (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have RSD/CPRS Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) or AKA Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD). I also have diabetic foot neuropathy. Pain had me screaming out loud. My doctor put me oxycodone 10/325 mg. It did not alleviate the pain. I was bedridden. Doctor could not write opioids. He switched me to Tramodol. I get a new doctor. On the way to her I began to shake and twitch. I went to ER. I have no memory in the hospital. I had a mini-stroke. I was sleep deprived & had a UTI without any symptoms. New doctor put me in pain management. He put me on Belbuca. Being in pain you will try anything to get the relief. I started with 75mg for 1 week and upped 2nd week to 150mg. I can sleep at night. I do not awake in great pain. I have no side effects. I do not get a high sensation. I do not like placing the tabs in my jaw. But the relief is well worth it. I read the reviews. I'm so sorry it did not work for some people. It works for me. I get to have my quality of life back. That's a blessing all by itself."

jak April 16, 2018

Probuphine (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I seen this drug work, change the lives of people that go on it. Amazing drug finally living a normal life and not worrying about forgetting to take it or losing it."

Anonymous April 16, 2018

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I have tried suboxen and methadone but subutex is by far the best! It saved my life. I was addicted to H for about 10 years and I got a doctor to prescribe me subutex and watch me close. Along with weekly drug tests. And I have been the most clean ever on 10 years. I can walk with my head held high now. Feels real good to be normal again!"

Lou lou April 13, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Tried the patch for the first time it stuck to my teeth instead ugh! Help anyone been able to get it to stick right?"

Shilohagel (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018