User Reviews for Buprenorphine

Chronic Pain
5.9

Summary of Buprenorphine reviews 7.2 521 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I will share my experience with Sublocade. Prior I was on Suboxone, high dose for 2 years. I've now had 4 Sublocade injections (four months). Here's my report. Sublocade works -- but not in a dramatic fashion. Maybe 'subtle' is the correct word. I can tell that something is 'in the background' in my CNS, working, but there's no "highs" as what would one would get after dissolving a strip or two. For me that was hard getting used to: those initial rewards after taking first strips of the day. It's not there anymore. I requested a blood draw, to make sure there's actually Bupenorphine in my system. There is. It seems that I felt my best right after the 3rd injection. Oh, and when I first wake up in the morning I feel perfectly fine."

Horse With no Name (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I will make this short, for some this stuff may be a godsend, for me it was good until several months into it then deep depression. I’ve been fighting the depression for 4 months. I received my last shot 4 months ago as well. I had a blood draw a couple weeks ago to check my bup levels and they are almost none but no withdrawal yet. If your anything like me I bet you have found nothing on what happens when it fully dissolves? Does anyone have experience with what does happen? I’m expecting withdrawals but since not even suboxen/sublocade the manufacturer can tell me I’m at a total loss for information! Thanks for any help...."

Rhino15 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Took my first shot of Sublocade 300 mg about four hours ago. It stings pretty bad, could feel the medicine clogging up when it hit my body fluid but it’s a good trade off for “30 Days” and so far it’s mainly just weird not taking anything Is the biggest part for me. It feels a lot cleaner due to route of administration. Was on 12 mg suboxone/day and don’t really have the ups & downs and headaches, etc. from taking too much buprenorphine, but it does feel a lot cleaner. I felt I was almost in bondage having to take my suboxone every morning, looking forward to it, having to take more meds, etc. so it feels better not having to feel like I’m in bondage to my medicine. It’s only the first day but so far I already feel “cleaner”"

Anubis (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "Since I’ve been on the sublocade, which is been two months now, I feel like I have lifted a huge weight off my back. I get out of bed right away and I just go about my day instead of worrying about taking the time to dissolve two strips under my tongue for like a half hour. I have noticed a change in my behavior as far as just being more positive about not being stuck on some medication, even though I still am on it - it’s just a little more liberating"

Sbb May 1, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "Been on Sub strips for few years. Got tired of the 2 week refill nonsense . I asked my doctor if I could be the office guinea pig for the sublocade 300 mg shot. Taken once a month by injection. We hashed out the insurance details and started on 4/28/19. The injection site burns and hurts going in leaving a slight bruise. Not looking forward to my next shot HOWEVER, this stuff is GREAT. Other than the pain and burn it works. The injection site will have a lump like spot after. This is normal. That’s the medicine sitting under the skin. Turns into a solid and slowly gets absorbed into the body throughout the month . When compared to the pain and suffering I caused during my addiction this slight side effect to the drug doesn’t compare. If you want a better life and to be right !!! You gotta get involved with this sublocade or any other type of opioid treatment like Suboxone . Take it as prescribed and life gets better. Bottom line. Hope this helps"

PG (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I’ve been on Norco 10/325 since 2014 for severe DDD (Degenerative Disc Disease) in Neck through Lumbar. Counting 2 Surgeries and herniations in Lumbar area. This is month three on Belbuca and I feel alive and productive again. Started on 150mg twice a day with 10/325 for break through increased to 300mg twice a day. I Expect to go to 450mg this month. Tip wean off you hydro or Oxy slowly while you are taking Belbuca. Then use hydrocodone for break through."

Jillian (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "So I was addicted to opiates for 4 years taking them orally and crushing and snorting them thats when I knew I needed help. I was losing everything and spending way to much money, I was basically working to get high. So I originally started with 8mg suboxone 2 times a day, then 21mg once a day for six months then was offered the sublocade shot. Initially I was sceptical but ended up doing it and am glad I did. It did burn upon injection and I was a little nausea for a couple days but then fine. So I never went back for second dose and let me tell u why this worked for me but you have to really want to not be dependent on another medication. My theory was its slowly released into your bloodstream so it will slowly leave it as well. Yes I did go thru a little withdrawal with the hot cold and sweating for like 2 days but it definitely was nothing like withdrawal from the actual opiate itself. I am currently still clean and sober and loving my family and life itself"

Cee (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Its been under 24 hrs since my first Sublocade injection. I am very pleased so far. I was on 16 Mg's of Suboxone daily but it wasn't absorbing into my system. My levels were always at or below 70. I felt horrible. So after suffering, since I got off the opiates, for the zillionth time, I was desperate for something to help me feel better. So far, I feel a huge difference. I'm very pleasantly surprised. So far, but as far as the first 24 hrs on it.....huge improvement in how I feel."

Kim71 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "As an opioid dependant patient of 10 years that has transitioned onto buprenorphine. The Doctor started me on 75mg as starting point and increased the dose each month. This month is month 3 and I am currently on 300 twice a day and it is finally calming me down and actually work for my pain granted only last about 6 hours and I push myself to 8 but it is suppose to last 12. So this next month I will be on 450mg 2 times a day. I will say this, how I've felt the past week has been a drastic change that I can see. The belbuca is starting to actually work and it will work as long as you are on the correct dosing amount that suit your needs. Any time you change or come off of pills like percocet or norcos... you will feel the change and feel it strong if your on too low a dose for you. Belbuca is now my preference especially since I don't have to suffer when a pill such as the 2 I just listed above only last 2 hours compared to my 6 with belbuca .. please stay strong! Good luck all"

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I've had the Sublocade shot nearly 2 weeks ago, I was on 18mg day suboxone. I also take Lyrica daily. For the most of the time on the injection, I've felt withdrawals, not severe just general unwellness, anxiety etc.. I recommend if your on a small /medium dose of sub.."

Lowrida (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I have been on Sublocade for 10 injections now. Two of them have caused necrotic wounds where the injection is on my stomach. I have had to get wound debridement twice now. This is occuring at random on anyone. My dr office has had other patients develop this disgusting rotten necrotic hole in our stomachs. There are accounts on reddit and pictures to see how bad these reactions are. This medication does its job but what is happening is major, majorly bad. I have gad two surgical procedures due to this medication. I am done with this medication. I have developed necrotic wounds 25% of the time. That is 1 out of four injections. Please do your homework and be aware of what is going on. The scars are bad, the necrosis is revolting. Please submit complaints to the FDA if you have had this atrocity happen."

Sublocade warning (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2019

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I had been prescribed many prescriptions over my lifetime and never got addicted to any of them EXCEPT opiates. Doctors were giving me pain medicine for various things such as surgeries, prescribing me Percocet and hydrocodone. I got in a car accident and got put on a consistent amount of pain medicine every month and my tolerance shot through the roof within a very few short months. For 2 years I was on consistent every day hydrocodone treatment and my habit reached anywhere from 250mg hydrocodone to 400mg hydrocodone per day. I was scared to try subutex, not wanting to give up my addiction, and scared it would not work. The doc prescribed me 24mg a day and it is the best decision I’ve ever made. Absolutely no withdrawal. Absolutely zero bad side effects. Subutex is a miracle drug. If you’re reading this and you’re having trouble deciding on whether to get subutex ask your doctor to let you give it a try. It’s worth every penny. I have energy and everyday on it has been great!"

Anonymous78183838 April 20, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was prescribed the Belbuca cheek patch 150 mg, 2 x daily. I only used it 1 time. It made me sleepy and I felt like I didn't have to breath (very weird). It also made me nauseous & gave me a horrible migraine headache. My migraine is gone, but I've had a pretty bad regular headache everyday since I used that patch! I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia & neuropathy from the chemo they gave me. I'm in pain all over my whole body every minute of every day. I was really hoping this medicine would work, but on top of my usual pain, I now have a chronic headache to deal with that shows no sign of going away. This medicine sucks!"

Angeldolllogic (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2019

For Chronic Pain: "I had been on OxyContin 5mg three times a day for years and years with Vicodin higher strength for breakthrough pain. I retired in 2017 and moved from California to Oregon and the opiate crisis was and still is in full bloom here. I was given OxyContin 5mg three time a day by my primary nurse practitioner for about 9 months but was then sent to a PM specialist. He switched me to buprenorphine 1mg tie. After having tried the patch which was alright but my copay was $109.00/month. He wanted to start me on the film one but the copay for that was $160.00/month . So now (just started the dissolvable pill 2mg but cut in half for a 1mg dose tie. Buprenorphine works for me most of the time but I could really use something else for breakthrough pain. Not gonna happen for me. I just want good pain relief, not a “high”. I guess that it’s too much to ask for."

Imagoose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "So been on suboxone for 4 years now in maintenance I take two 8mg strips a day and heard about this suboxone shot because taking strips twice a day becomes an inconvenience. I took the shot Friday at 1:30 pm didn’t burn as bad as some people say started to feel the injection with in a couple hours that night I felt I had a pretty high dose of it in my body next day Saturday felt great plenty of energy and no negative symptoms at all felt amazing Sunday night started to slightly get tired and out of it it’s now Monday night and I feel horrible like I’m withdrawing like a really bad flu so now I have to make a decision on what to do if any one on here has advice on what I should do please answer my message I would greatly appreciate it I’m not sure if I should wait it out and see what happens will it get better or worse I’m crossing my fingers and I hope this advice helps someone out there."

Drew April 9, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Been on subs for almost 8 months 16mg day. Got the shot little over 2 weeks ago. The first day was excellent. I was really excited about the month to come and finally felt as though I would be able to come off of the maintenance sooner with less withdrawal. That was the plan. Since then I have needed to take my original 16 mg daily and feel as though that is not even working. I've had severe anxiety bouts and deep depression since receiving the shot. I even went on vacation to the beach and was miserable feeling like a black scary cloud was engulfing my life sensing impending doom and fear. Out of last 6 years I've been clean for 4 and half. And only 8 months has been on subs. If it weren't for my devotion to my newborn son 6 month old, my relationship with God and my 1st hand knowledge in recovery I would have failed already. I encourage everyone to write their own truths here so that we can make better decisions based upon real life experiences. (34 year old male)"

Bradleybradley April 8, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Just got the Sublocade injection an hour ago. Not going to sugar coat it though....when the medication is being injected into your belly it’s going to sting pretty badly but it does subside about 20 seconds afterwards. Currently I feel slightly nauseous but over all I feel pretty good. I didn't take a Suboxone today and I don't feel the desire to do so now. So far so good. I’ll give periodical updates every so often. Good vibes and good luck!"

Dave1975 (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2019

For Chronic Pain: "I was taken off of my 6 per day of Norco 10/325 and put on Buprenorphine when I was detoxed from alcohol recently. I am an alcoholic. Since I was taking a fairly modest daily dose (among Opioid addicts anyway) of Hydrocodone I waited 12 hours since my last pill, at which point I was feeling noticeable physical withdrawal symptoms and took 1 mg of Bupenorphrine. My withdrawal symptoms went away within 15 minutes and I experienced no precipitated withdrawals. I seem to do best on between 1-2 mgs. twice daily. With this drug less is more up to point. I get better, more long lasting pain relief from this daily dosage supplemented with 1-2 200 mgs Ibuprofen compared to 6 x 10/325 Norco daily or 6 x 5/325 Percocet daily. In my state any doctor can prescribe Bupenorphrine for pain whereas special certification is required of your doctor if it is prescribed for Opioid Use Disorder. My insurance also covers it just like any other generic drug."

OriginalLHB April 7, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "THE PAIN ISNT BAD! I've been on suboxone maintenance for over a year with great success , no relapse at all. I am getting incarcerated for an old issue so my doc made me aware of sublocade. I went to get the injected and was extremely nervous after hearing mixed reviews about the pain of the shot. My nurse made me comfortable and told me there was going to be a burn . After the initial pinch of the needle a burn is a great way to describe it. I am not good with pain but this is VERY MANAGEABLE. The injection lasted 5 seconds at the most and was not bad. Do not be scared of the pain, it is no worse then a normal shot and is comparable to getting a tattoo. The injection site is pretty tender but nothing too serious ."

Kmt93 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2019

For Opiate Dependence: "Got addicted to pain pills early in life because of injuries due to motorcycle racing. After 12 years of abuse I went to Methadone which is wonderful but damn expensive! After 6 years of that I got tired of it all and went cold turkey. I literally went to the worse place ever for 3.5 months of the most horrific withdrawals and just before I talked myself into suicide a drug called Suboxone came on the market. After my doctor prescribed my medication I went back to his office and took 1 tablet under my tongue. 20 minutes later I was back to my old self again. No withdrawals what so ever! After 5 years of Suboxone I went to Subutex but the generic brand buprenophine works exactly the same but twice as cheap. I have been on buprenophine for 3 years now and my life is absolutely wonderful. I'm just sorry I got addicted in the first place. But I now have no complaints. Wonderful drug for a person in my shoes."

SmallBlock351 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 1, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was prescribed Belbuca to help me with severe pain but what I received from this medication, was SEVERE PAIN! Horrible headaches. Muscle spasms in my back and neck. Scalp tenderness. The blowing of the wind on my scalp was very painful. Never Again!!!!!!!"

Lucy Blue March 31, 2019

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "To Colage87. You have to be on oral buprenorphine for at least 7 days before receiving the IM. Sublocade was never even studied as a first line treatment. So I find it hard to believe your doc gave it to you while in withdrawals. Especially considering how new the IM form is.."

Anonymous March 28, 2019

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "On opiates for twenty years, put on butrans and now 4 day of withdrawals with no pain control. This is so hard."

Tman (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "It is a lifesaver. However lately I have had trouble with the pill actually dissolving. My spit/Saliva has been very thick. If anyone has experienced this, let me know please"

Idk (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 20, 2019

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I've been on opioid meds since 2001. I've been with my current PM doc since 2006. Since the guidelines changed, we had to change my meds, though they were working for me. At my last appointmet, she suggested Belbuca, and I said okay. What a mistake. I've had the worst migraines of my life, every single day and night. I finally realized it's the Belbuca. I haven't been impressed by it anyway, as far as pain relief goes. It helped me with withdrawals as I stopped taking Exalgo, but doesn't help with pain."

KJ (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019