User Reviews for Buprenorphine systemic

Opiate Dependence - Maintenance
5.9

Summary of Buprenorphine reviews 7.2 457 reviews

Reviews for Buprenorphine

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I have been on sublicade for 5 mths, its a miracle. Never could I imagine not taking something after 30 yrs (yes yrs!) of being a heroine addict, i just can't believe it. I'm in month 5 n going strong. I'd advise any opiate addict to give it a go, you won't regret it."

Nene October 31, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Amazing feeling & consistently so. No worries of getting stuck without medication, and no ups & downs. Shot hurts a bit - but well worth it. It’s been a tad difficult dropping to the 100mg maintenance dose but easily managed and far superior to the 12mg suboxone film I’ve been on for years. My doctor gave me 10 subutex to help my body adjust and almost a month later I have over 8.5 left. Honestly I’m not sure I needed any at all. I never thought I would be so happy to get my medication injected into me once a month. Insurance has been very good to me regarding coverage as well. Best regards all"

Y. Samson (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I have been on 8mg Suboxone for 12 months and transitioned to Sublocade 300mg, 4 days ago. I think my Dr. messed up the shot as I was his first Sublocade patient. I have a blister on the site where it was injected, I don't think he put the needle in far enough. Anyways, aside from that, the shot has worked as intended. The first day I felt normal after, I was instructed to take my dose before the shot but I only took 4mg. I feel great 4 days later, my second day I felt a little WD but not much. Day 3 and 4 have been totally normal so far. I hope the blister heals and hope my experience is better than some on this thread. I'll update at week 2."

Crypto3 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "This is the new norm, like it or not. Belbuca has a ceiling meaning only so much hits your brain and thats it. I've been at the same pain clinic 18 years for diabetic neuropathy followed by a horrific 70 mph car chopper crash in 03. Old folks don't cha know. So much for loud pipes saving lives. Dr took me off 5-15mg oxys substituted with two 300mcg Belbuca/day. They're not enough, I WD for 2 weeks before I settled in. They're ok. Not high enough from my oxy Rx but they should work well if Rxed correctly. My new Dr is out of family medicine, not a specialist schooled in PM. These are NARCOTIC-period. Not suboxone and work as such. They have a ceiling. You can't double up for a buzz."

4speedjim (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I wanted to update my review on Sublocade. I decided to fight through those few days of not feeling great, and I am doing a lot better now. If you experience a little withdrawal, you should try to stick with it and see if it goes away. Like I said, the first 4 days were great, and then on the 5th day I started to feel mild withdrawal. The mild withdrawal only took another 5 days to get over and now I feel great. Now I am getting my second shot tomorrow. They say that your blood levels go up with each shot that you get. I still have a lump in my stomach, but I can tell half of it dissolved. It looks like you will have 2 to 3 depots supplying medicine at a time during Sublocade treatment.I really enjoy not going to the pharmacy and keeping track of film and pills. This is much better. I am glad I stuck with it. It is much better than the Probuphine implant that I had."

Jamey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I been on butrans but I grew use to that and my pain management put me on belbuca and been on it for about 3 years. I was on 900 and first time in so long I had no pain. My insurance refused to pay for it anymore. I can't afford $800.00 a month. My issues is that I'm allergic to all pain meds except belbuca. Now I'm going through this awful withdraw and now I'm crippled again where it's very hard to walk or even breath. I have RSD (Reflex sympathetic dystrophy) for the last 13 years. In the mean time with no pain meds, I also lay here with 2 broken toes, foot plus it has a bone infection. Can't operate because no pain meds. I started out using the prescription card from belbuca and I guess once your hooked they take it away. There is no generic. So I lay here in the most awful pain ever. It was the best while it lasted but for a person like me who is allergic to everything it's hard."

Heart2heart October 21, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Three weeks into the Sublocade shot and I just had to call in to my sub doctor to get put back on the pills. I thought I could shake the cravings but then withdrawal came. Watery eyes, runny nose. Severe back pain and absolutely no sleep. I was told that it was PROBABLY bc I have a very high metabolism. Which is true, I do. I've never weighed over 135 my entire life and I'm 31 now. But doing some deep research on the shot and according to the welcome packet I also received it said the shot isn't intended for anyone who is on a dose higher than 8 mg. And I was on 16 mg a day before three weeks ago. Idk maybe I read that wrong but thats my story. It didn't work well for me. But everyone is different. If it works for you, stick to it. Its a nice idea. Maybe after I've been tapered down some I'll go back but its just too big a jump from 16mgs a day for a year and a half to that shot. Not to mention its very painful."

CJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I am longterm sufferer of Interstitial Cystitis... Debilitating Chronic Illness. Dr randomly decided to prescribe belbuca 300 mg out of the blue. Was taking hydrocodone 10/325 5 a day for 7 yrs. That's it. My quality of life was good considering what I have, and no type of addiction. Anyways...I am here to let you know that I am now curled up in a ball on my couch, trying to decide whether or not I should go to the hospital..as Belbuca absolutely does not work!"

Bub (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I’ve been on suboxone films for 10 years and it did save my life. A lot of Dr’s and people have NO clue what they’re talking because Suboxone doesn’t get you high at all and you can’t compare it to methadone but switched to Sublocade shot and so far love it. I don’t have to remember to take it and no ups and downs. AAA plus for this med"

JJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have been on and with the same pain management clinic for over 14 years. Due to chronic pain and from multiple spinal surgeries, I have been on a strict regiment of Norco for many years. Recently in September of 2018, the pain management clinic said due to strict government guidelines they must wean all of their patients off all types of opioids. They had decided to place me on Belbuca Buprenprphine sublingual oral patches. Within a few days I was experiencing nausea, fatigue, so severe that I had to take leave of my job for days."

M.Sr (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Hello all.. I’ve switched over from 12-14 mg a day sub films (about 3 years on) with peak usage of three 8mg films per day. I was always feeling the up’s & down, and sometimes even feeling opiate sick in the mornings. On Sublocade that all went away. I wish I could summarize all the benefits I’ve experienced since the switch! The best part it’s fully covered by insurance. This stuffs actually brings the sense of normality back into livelihood. No more fears of having enough meds or filling prescriptions & etc. Regarding the injection - it’s no fun, but also far from the worst thing I’ve ever felt. It feels like a typical shot with the liquid having a warming effect upon entry. Ironically & contrary to what I’ve read here from some, the only withdrawal I ever felt on Sublocade starts if I delay my injection past 30 days. Nonetheless it’s comes light and pales in comparison to suboxone ups & downs! I couldn’t recommend this product enough. Wish you all the best"

Yani A October 5, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "In Tennessee, if you have Medicaid, the shot is completely covered. I'm completely at ease. If you're really willing to quit, the medication will work. However, stop relying on the medication alone. See a therapist, and go to meetings. They have them online. Sublocade has a program where you only have to pay $5 a shot most of the time if you're not on state medicaid. I do what I'm supposed to do to stay clean. If you truly want the same thing, you'll do what you gotta do. And if you try this medication, do the things I've suggested here, stop making excuses, and change your lifestyle, you will get clean and stay that way. It's time to be honest with yourself and get a grip!!!!!!"

NRodriguez (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "Been on it one day 10mg strength I feel weird as anything and am very tired. Started to read all the reviews and now I'm scared of it . Might take it off tommorrow I have been on hydro codone for 7 years 10 mg they worked perfectly for me but new laws screwed me because I also smoke weed to help with the pain and in Georgia you can not smoke with the hydro codone against the law ! I would be happy to be back on my hydro codone."

Harley dude (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I just got my first sublocade injection I'm praying it works. It is actually 6mgs less than what I take daily so I hope I don't start having withdrawal symptoms it would really suck because I have been doing so well on zubsolv."

Spursfan (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "The stuff is great but the price is insane $1600 dollors. For a month of meds. Just go on methadone way cheaper and its just as good. What a ripoff. I see pharmacy companies are looking for other big money drugs like they made a killing on opioids now this. It is supposed to help people not robbed them unbelievable."

Booger (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "My doc talked to me about this a few months ago and I was hesitant to try it. I did some research and decided to give it a shot. First 2 months are free so why not? So far so good."

Lisa9090 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I'm now on my second shot. Received it almost 2 weeks ago. (300mg) my next shot scheduled for 2 weeks from now will be 100mg. The first was in my lower right abdomen and burned like crazy for about 10 minutes. The second one I had in the upper right abdomen, and experienced no pain. I was on 1.5 of the 8 mg strips a day for 2 years, and absolutely hated remembering to take it. I'm ADD as well. I love it. So far I've experienced some super tired feeling days, which suck but go away. If I understand correctly the shot won't regulate in your system until the 3rd or 4th dose. So I'm hoping over time I just feel totally normal, after 6 months my plan is to when over 6 months and be done. Does anyone on this thread still get the shot? If so how's it working out? Bc it's so new I've found it difficult to find others experiences."

SuziQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I was hoping this injection would change things but it hasn't. It hurt like hell and now I have a big lump in my stomach. I am craving like never before and this is not helping with any of that. I will not be taking this injection every again. What a waste."

WilliamG (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Just awful. The injection stung like nothing I have ever felt and the shot offered no withdrawal relief! I was in withdrawal by day 3 so my doctor called in thirty 8 mg subutex. Even that was not enough, I don't know why but my body was not absorbing this worthless med. At my last appointment we abandoned the sublocade and I am taking my usual dose of 16mg a day. Beware."

riz raz (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "Just awful. I was taking 16 mg of generic buprenorphine a day and decided to try this out because I was sick of having to take my meds twice a day. Days 1-3 were ok but starting day 4 I noticed that the craving were back and I felt way more tired, day 5 I was in full withdrawal. I ended up going back to the doctor and he put me back on my original dose. Be advised that this works very well for some and is a complete disaster for others."

Trent (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence - Maintenance: "I was on about 12-16 mg SUBOXONE for the last 6 yrs. It was a game-changer for me. Obviously I still struggle with other vices, but nothing has ever captivated me the way opiates have. My dad and I call it my Oxygen. I got my 1st Sublocade shot last saturday 8-25. So far, it’s been a mix of emotions. I used to love the two hours after I woke up where I knew Buprenorphine efficacy was 98%. But that’s unhealthy. So in terms of getting better, this is far more effective. I definitely have some adapting to do-but I would recommend this to anyone who is trying to “normalize” their life or get into more of a daily routine/regimen. Will update next month. Cheers"

Niz August 30, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "Got the shot about a week ago. At first it was weird not taking anything but now I don’t even think about it. No withdrawals or cravings. So far so good."

Soberjunkie41 (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

Sublocade (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "I’m on my second Sublocade injection and feel great. The first couple of days were a bit rough since I wasn’t taking anything anymore. I don’t have the ups and down like I did with Suboxone. Overall, I’m very happy I made the switch. My insurance covered it too."

Missy5025 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

Belbuca (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: "To Badbones who commented about PM Clinic being rude & disrespectful. Honey, "YOU ain't seen nothing yet!" Yanno how the DMV is just understood & expected to be a NITEMARE? Welcome to Pain Mgr! You MIGHT actually be in some pain but if so, it's your own fault for choosing to live as a junkie. You MIGHT get a low dose, low effective med but you will sell your soul to pay for it, that's for sure. Do EVER EVER say you took more than rx'd because your pain spiked etc.....NOT EVEN 1! DO NOT tell them this doesn't work. They'll take it & give you NOTHING until you've successfully begged & groveled.. I was BLESSED to find a Neurologist thats also PM. THEYRE OUT THERE. LOOK!!!! They're ALL run this way. Thx to real junkies & Trump they're all getting worse as he villianizes actual pain sufferers. I'm in NC & go from Charlotte to Raleigh to see my PM MD...its worth the trip! To ALL....PLZ PLZZZZZ find better doctors because you will DIE waiting for help thru ANY of the so called pain mgmt"

LuxsMom August 22, 2018

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: "It helped me to get clean and lead a productive life but I’ve been dependent on buprenorphine for twice as long as I was hooked on pain pills. I’m finally trying to come off of it after 6 long years and if I had known how hard it is to come off of it I would’ve never taken this route. I’m thankful that it helped me to lead a “normal” life but the withdrawals are so much more intense than opioids. If doctors would prescribe this medicine short term and at a low dosage it would be a perfect solution but typically they put you on the highest dose possible and suggest you stay on it for a long time. It’s really sad and it makes me angry that doctors prescribe this to people the way they do. If you need help getting off heroin or pain pills, I would recommend taking this medicine for a short time and it will work wonders! But any longer and you’ll just be trading one expensive addiction for another."

Ncstate August 18, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes