User Reviews for Briviact

Seizures
5.6

Reviews for Briviact

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2021

For Epilepsy: “BRIVIACT is a strong, quick onset medication. Within a half-hour after my first dose, I could feel its effects, which were nothing like other AEDs I have tried that make me just a little tired. I’m an easy-going person, so imagine my surprise when, shortly after starting BRIVIACT, I became irritable and overly talkative about situations that normally wouldn’t faze me. A few days into therapy, people expressed concern about how I was being affected. An uncomfortable conversation led me to consult my doctor about mood changes, a new need for naps, and a blister that was forming on the inside of my mouth. Upon receiving more medical advice, I ceased taking BRIVIACT immediately. Withdrawing from BRIVIACT was a long, miserable process. At times, I found myself unusually emotional and on the verge of tears. Besides, I had a headache, tinnitus, achy legs, and my feet felt like they were on fire. Feeling out of sorts, I sleep a lot and tried to recover from an alarming experience.”

Lily · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2021

For Seizures: “I wish my Dr told me this was a controlled substance. I feel horrible on it and I feel even worse then horrible trying to get off. Tinnitus, depression, anger, irritability, panic attacks, sadness, and now in withdrawal add severe insomnia. I can't wait 2 get off & rest my brain. Keppra worked. This drug is nothing like it for me. And so much harder 2 get off then any other anti- epileptic med I have taken.”

Tim August 23, 2020

For Epilepsy: “Briviact is horrible I side effects of high levels of irritation, moody, angry. This medicine is causing kidney issues. I am going to restroom more than I have in my life. It’s causing inflammation. I am only 39 so I am able to tolerate. I heard it’s a new medicine and my doctor experimented with me. I feel terrible on this med. ”

charlie, · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2020

For Epilepsy: “I have read all of the review and have epilepsy myself since the age of 2 years old and I am now at age 50. I have had some bad seizeures and have been revived 7 times and have been in studies, and have taken every prescription known to man kind. It seems like people are forgetting one thing - every med, that will stop or partly stop a seizers is a good med, and will improve the quality of our life, even with bad side effects or no side effects it is a good medication. There is no cause or cures for epilepsy even with surgery it will come back at some time in your life trust me. It will, no matter what Dr's say, thats the cold hard truth”

PT · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2018

For Seizures: “I was prescribed Briviact (am & pm). This replaced Keppra which caused severe mood issues. I have been on Briviact for 3 months. No notable side effects compared to the numerous anti-seizure medications I have taken the past thirty years. Seems to be working. I may still be having partial seizures but no tonic clonic seizures or complex partial seizures. I take it along with Topiramate (am & pm). I'm quite pleased with the Briviact. I know everyone is different but I hope this information is helpful to anyone considering it. Good luck.”

Jamesie April 25, 2020

For Seizures: “I have been taking Briviact and just want to know if anybody else out there as difficulty in opening bowels also suffer with bad bouts of indigestion issues also suffer with bad headaches, my body started coming out in red rashes on hands , face, legs swelling started this medication November 2019”

Rp303 August 6, 2020

For Epilepsy: “This medication Briviact broke me mentally... I was given it as a newer better option than what I had been on and was told it did not have mood disorders like keppra did I thought great! Less meds! I was phased to a dose of 75mg twice daily over a course of a month, because I am medication resistant (having tried over 10 different types in 10 years). Everything was great until I was on my normal dose (75mg X2)for a week. Then one day snapped. I was crying over everything, angry, tired, suicidal thoughts flooded my head constantly. Panic attacks that got to the point where I collapsed. It feels like my brain is in constant self destruct mode. I had to contact my drs emergency line to know how to stop this medication right away. It has been over a month since stopping. I still don't feel like myself. I still have horrible panic attacks and emotional breakdowns and crazy thoughts. I am working closely with my doctors to get things back to "normal" now.”

FloJo · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

For Epilepsy: “I hope this helps! I started Briviact on November 5th, 2018 and it has worked very well... Went from 3 or 4 a month to FULLY CONTROLLED! I am going to be seizure free for 100 days this week for the first time ever in 21 years. I have the VNS on the lowest setting and had a TL Resection Brain Surgery (2015) both could not stop the seizures... The medication Briviact is very strong but it's the only things that worked. I also take Trileptal 1200 mg but want to cut down on that med, if possible. r/epilepsy is a great resource if you want more info...”

Master TKD · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2020

For Epilepsy: “I have only been on this Briviact 3 days. My ears are ringing so loudly I can't hear anything else. My head just feels like it will implode because of the ringing. I want to crush anything that makes a noise with my bare hands.”

Susie December 31, 2019

For Epilepsy: “I first started keppra after having a status event that caused me to be placed in a medical induced coma to stop the seizures. Once I started keppra it worked immediately and stopped all seizure activity. However, after being on it for few months the rage and hostility started and wrecked havoc on my family. So, my doctor had me try briviact which again has worked to control the tonic clonic seizures. However, instead of hostility, rage and total apathy I have begun to experiment extreme sadness/depression I just feel really flat and nothing excites me But, because it controls the tonic clonic seizures- free 35 month now, I will stay with briviact unless sadness etc becomes intolerable Overall 6”

Better? · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2020

For Epilepsy: “I’ve read about the typical side effects of Briviact. The only effects I seem to have are tiredness/sleepiness during the day and mood swings. For me, the tiredness can be overcome by staying active. Concerning the mood changes....it’s a little unpredictable and can be bad. However, overall Briviact has helped stop my seizures and I like it.”

Bryan · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2019

For Epilepsy: “Transitioned off keppra 3000mg p/d, to 100 Briviact due to all the side effects becoming extreme. After the same horrible adjustment period of 2 months and one gran mal, I think I have hit on the right med!! Time will tell but it's giving me reason to be more optimistic.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 6, 2020

For Epilepsy: “This medicine Briviact has messed my life. I am super irritated, angry, and in depression all the time, crying for no reason and not to mention the skin itching problems that has started and liver problems. I have turned into a negative person, a monster with this medication. I never knew what depression was is in my life until I started Briviact. I switched to it only because I wasn't getting my periods with sodium divalproex , my seizures were always in control with divalproex. Never had depression and was always in good mood . But this medicine has ruined my life since 2018. I have kept on it because I am in a changing career phase and can't switch to new medicine , but as soon as I am settled with my new job, I am stopping this med. How did it get approved even with the side effect of "irritability" and depression on the bottle? Most medicines say that but don't necessarily cause it. I regret why did I switch.”

Patient X · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2019

For Epilepsy: “I've been on a number of anti-epileptic medications over the past 15 years. Keppra gave me severe mood swings. Topamax gave me awful brain fog. Depakote didn't control my seizures and gave my son birth defects. My neurologist recently increased my Lamictal dosage because of a seizure event. That on it's own wasn't sufficient so we added Briviact. I haven't noticed any negative side effects. My seizures seem to be controlled. My tremors have completely stopped (which hasn't happened on ANY med in the past). I'm thrilled. I cannot afford this out of pocket. Medical Assistance through the state pays for it after the doctor proves it is necessary.”

Tjsnomore · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2017

For Seizures: “Took my first 25 mg Briviact pill yesterday morning. Felt fine. Took another 25 mg last night, without problems. So glad to find a good med, finally! Took it again this morning, and I felt ok. Then about 2.5 hours before time to take it again, it was a completely different story I was nervous, irritable, agitated, want to scream my head off, tense, feeling like the incredible Hulk is going to explode out of my body, want to cry, don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't look at me, don't breathe my direction, eyes darting back and forth, and serious drug withdrawal kind of feeling!!! NO!!! I WILL NOT BE TAKING MY NEXT DOSE!!!”

Joe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 3, 2019

For Epilepsy: “Replaced keppra with this drug. Keppra was giving me severe mood swings. I am taking 100mg 2x a day. Seems to work with no side effects observed yet. With manufacturer discount card about 30.00 month with my insurance. Made by same company as Vimpat, Which I also take.”

Sucidesixx · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2020

For Epilepsy: “I've been taken this med since March of 2019 and i get really irritated easily and itchy skin feeling aggressive sometimes but I guess it's working. I take 3 different types of meds for my seizures though. Thank you”

Partial Onset Focal · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2017

For Seizures: “Starting taking Briviact 200mg March 26, 2017 had my first seizure June 11th less than 3 months after I started using it, gave it another try and had another seizure Oct 20,2017 4 months 9 days from the last one. It does not work as well as Brand Keppra xr 3000mg to stop seizures. It is easier to take just one pill in the AM and one in the PM but that's about it. Also very expensive and my insurance would only pay for 50% of it. For me it does work well”

Moo · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 3, 2019

For Epilepsy: “I started this medicine November of 2017. My mood swings are absolutely terrible. I'm always irritated. I feel like the medicine makes it hard for me to focus. I was put on this medicine after having a third brain surgery. I still had seizures for about a year afterwards, then they stopped. I was seizure free from Sept 2018 up until a few weeks ago. I'm now being taken off. My consensus: The drug may be good for some people. However, with people who have medically intractable epilepsy and have tried over 5 drugs such as myself, studies show that there is less than a 1% chance that any other medicines will work either. It was worth a try I suppose, though!”

none · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

For Seizures: “My daughter was on Briviact for a short time. It was a nightmare. She moaned and groaned all night long. After that she was too frightened to sleep. She was exhausted and shaky on her feet. The drug was given as an alternative to Keppra. She is now off of both drugs but still suffers occasional episodes of moaning at night.”

Joann · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

For Epilepsy: “I took Keppra. That along with other meds controlled 10 seizures a day for 2 years. Now I'm on 4 seizure meds and facing brain surgery if the seizures don't stop. I just started taking Briviact and am hopeful to be seizure free for years again. So far so good but there have already been mood swings. It has only been almost a week.”

Maisie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2018

For Seizures: “Taking Briviact for 3, months 50mg twice daily along with 200mg Topiramate. I have got fluid retention on my feet, ankles and small amount on stomach. This isn't a known side effect but I have reported it and let my neurologist know.”

Dv · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2019

For Seizures: “My son is non-verbal autism with seizure disorder. Started Taking 50 mg twice a day for two weeks , no seizure but he will not get in the car to go to his day program. We are on day three of staying at home. Neurologist wants to try for two more weeks the re-elavuate”

BWFCOK · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2017

For Seizures: “Chest pain ,Trembling inside Body ,Dizziness,”

Leigh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 27, 2018

For Seizures: “I’m on 100 mg 2x’s a day, as well as Topamax 200 3x’s a day. It has worked really well for my seizures, and it also has helped lessen the severity of my migraines. So, I am really happy ”

Sheila September 2, 2019

For Epilepsy: “Great for my seizures. The packaging is horrible. It has triple times over the top child safety cap. Can’t open it always have to have my neighbor open the six bottles. Impossible.”

Confused ! · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

For Epilepsy: “I just switch back to Briviact and I keep having burning as well as vein pain in my eyes !”