User Reviews for Dymista

Allergic Rhinitis   5.9

Reviews for Dymista

SOS · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Can any body please tell me how long did their side effect symptoms last? I used Dymista twice a day for 6 days and I stopped because it’s was hurting my eye, sinus pain (on top of the brow), blurry vision, headache, earache. I think it caused me panic attacks, anxiety and feeling depressed as well. It’s horrible. Didn’t feel like this before using it. I’m wondering if it was the nasal spray or the ear spray (ear spray definitely hurt my ear when I sprayed it and felt so down after each spray). I just want to get back to normal”

Candy cane · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “The spray makes me more congested and BURNS my eyes. I feel instant dryness and a broken glass feeling in my eyes and can’t open my eyes for 10 mins after using the spray. It is garbage, I just threw it in the garbage.”

Roadsy · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “An ENT Specialist recently prescribed this to me for a sleep apnoea work up, I didn't report rhinitis as I don't consider I have it. Yesterday I suffered form severe colon spasms, nausea and headache. Today I had (unpainful) loose urgent motion. I have now looked up the adverse effects of Dymista 125/50 and conclude that this was the cause of the ailments. I thought doctors were supposed to warn you of adverse side effects, to keep an eye out for them! Not happy, lose a days sick leave and it cost $50.”

X · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I was prescribed and used Fluticisone, the generic version of this medication. It worked effectively for me. I stopped using it when I read that it should not be used if one has glaucoma. In other words it is effective but I can't use it as I don't want to go blind.”

Ash · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “There are other medications to treat this! Do NOT accept Dymista from the dr! I cannot describe how utterly DISGUSTING the taste and feeling is afterwards. That bad I was heaving each time I breathed, whether it was through my mouth or my nose! Got to the point where I was constantly being sick. Haven't slept for days, I am absolutely drained from just 1 spray of this stuff. This is much worse than the post nasal drip in the first place.”

B January 11, 2021

“Doctor prescribed this for sinus infection and sinus pain. Cost me $50 and is the biggest waste of money I’ve ever spent, it actually makes my nose more blocked than it was before I sprayed it”

Manny October 1, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “The worst medication ever!!! I noticed other people shared here what I have been experiencing, fatigue, severe lack of energy, sleepiness, but it got worse when my eyes started the get dry, to look like I had just cried and then I experience “sore eye”, it was awful, I could not wear my contact lenses, I cannot see properly and not only that now I cannot catch my breath and during this pandemic masks are a must and it is difficult for me to use them. I am stopping this and talking to my doctor. Thank you all for reading. M”

DemonHead · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “SHOCKING SIDE EFFECTS: I was prescribed Dymista for dust mite allergies and used it twice a day for 2 weeks, then once a day for another 10 days. Today it ended! I have been feeling dry and sore-eyed (constantly rubbing or asked if Ive been crying), and in the past 4 days, have experienced the worst fatigue and worsening exhaustion of my entire life! I've felt like I need to sleep day and night. This, coupled with stabbing pains in my head, and constant nausea, I was seriously starting to think I had some real gastric or neural issues going on! Then I came here and read the damning reviews of awful side effects of exhaustion, drowsiness, and upset stomachs. I must say there is some relief knowing I'm not alone, so I urge ANYONE prescribed this to monitor the side effects closely. YES, my allergies improved (hence my 2 / 10 rating), but not at the cost of my overall wellbeing! Tonight was the last night I'll put this stuff in my body.”

Pam · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I suffer from severe hay fever, I mean they make me miserable! Usually my GP would prescribe me steroids and that's it- I'd feel alive again, but this year she prescribed me 3 different oral solutions and 1 tablet. The eyedrops works wonders! Optanol is the name- just one drop per eye. Dymista and this nasal cleanser however- did not work. The sneezing was gone but I could not breathe!!!! I mean my nose was completely blocked!!! I was breathing through my mouth. So I googled how long it will take for it to start to have an affect on me- says 30 mins but no luck. So I used sudafed again. I used Otrivin before too- great, but you're not meant to use it for over 3 days but I finished the damn bottle. So this Dymita is just Not working for me. I'll probably use it still to get rid of my sneezing then top it up with sudafed. Everyone's different- you won't know till u try right.”

Sarah · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 14, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Had what felt like severe allergies for three months straight. I tried every over-the-counter product out there with no relief. I had completely lost all sense of smell. Finally went to an allergist who diagnosed me with nonallergic rhinitis and prescribed Dymista. That was 3 years ago and I've been using it every day since. If I go more than one day without taking it I can tell - sensation of always having to sneeze, excess mucus, stuffy nose, etc. This keeps my symptoms mostly at bay (I still have some, but now they're tolerable). It honestly changed my life. I have not experienced any bad side effects. This was my miracle drug.”

Tg60 · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Like many others I was prescribed Dymista when Flonase wasn’t quite enough. It does wonders for my allergies! But after 2 weeks I’ve had a nose bleed that seemed never ending and 2 horrible migraines that left me unable to function. Nose bleeds I can deal with, migraines I really can’t. Overall: not worth the side effects.”

Shorty · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “After two months of really bad summer seasonal hay fever, and knowing it is not good to keep using non-steroidal decongestants indefinitely, my GP suggested I try this. Down side it was not available on Pensioner Subsidy scheme so I had to pay full tote odds for one bottle. Tried one spray and initial reaction was that it tasted awful, but within ten minutes (and instead of my partial congestion easing), my sinuses were totally blocked. After flushing with saline spray, I used the old spray - and within 10 minutes I could breathe again through my cleared nose. I wish I had read these reviews before I wasted my money ”

Cowboy931 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Originally used flonase and azelastine hcl individually to relieve congestion for allergic rhinitis. Saw that Dymista was the same combination of drugs in one bottle so I thought I would give it a try. Unfortunately not strong enough in dymista. I got much more relief from the individual applications. Not to mention , it was expensive with a 30 dollar copay. One insurance would not cover it at all.”

NZ Uber man January 4, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have suffered severe hay fever for 50 yrs & tried every medication available. I drive Uber & need to be alert so used a nasal spray to contain the worst effects but had given up on ever finding a cure. My daughter-in-law is a theatre nurse & noticed my extreme reaction to her Xmas Lillies & suggested I try her Dymista. Shocked by the results as within minutes my nose stopped running and my eyes stopped itching. Absolutely amazing! I purchased Dymista for US$22 and within 2 days I could breathe through my nose for the first time in decades & no longer wake up with super itchy eyes & no sneezing fits. A complete life changer & a glass of water ensures no aftertaste. I suggest people who fear reactions to this try just one spray daily in each nostril. Finally, my congratulations to Pharmac in NZ for securing supplies of this medication at such a low price - we can buy it over the counter here without the need for a prescription & thus save doctors visit charges as well!”

snotcentral · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have suffered with nasal issues for as long as I can remember, it got to be a bit of a joke as I always had a tissue in my hand and probably should have taken out shares in Kleenex *eye roll*. My nose was always sore from wiping it constantly, I was exhausted from sneezing and getting very poor quality sleep, it was just generally making my life miserable. DYMISTA a miracle!!! I honestly had given up all hope after trying god knows how many different sprays, creams and tablets, been told I had polyps which turned out to be false, I had even been to the ENT specialist to have a camera put up my nose and down my throat to see what they could find (SO uncomfortable!) I can BREATHE, I don't need to worry about leaving the house without a packet of balsam tissues for my permanent rudolph nose and I am rested after a good nights sleep. FINALLY I have found the solution to a problem I thought I would have to cope with for the rest of my life.”

Kit December 1, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Did not work for me. Disappointing after the high price tag and wildly untrue claims ”

Zizi · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I suffered for two months from hayfever and I used the usual medication that I used to use in this season, however nothing worked for me. I had severe symptoms of apnea as well as continues sore throat. Add to that sinusitis that I suffer for years. My symptoms gotten worse which forced to visit my GP who recommended Dymista (nasal spray). When I used it for the first two days I was sneezing a lot which bothered me at that time. But after only a day my symptoms are gone and I felt great. It's kind of expensive but other than it's amazing.”

Anonymous October 30, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “My ENT recommended Dymista for my seasonal allergies. Got a headache within the first few days. Stopped using it, then went on & off of it again & feel more terrible before I was using it. Nose bleeds, sinus pressure & blockage and constantly sniffling. Very unwell tired & blocked chest. I have mild anxiety & I feel more depressed now. So disappointing. Now I just take oral zyrtec at night only.”

jryan · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “so, this medication Dymista does treat my initial symptoms, I had very inflamed sinuses and nasal drip. Unfortunately, after taking this I was unable to function. I felt so drowsy, (foggy drunk feeling). Couldn't focus and my face was swollen/puffy. I immediately stopped taking it and my symptoms returned. Desperate for relief I thought the first time might have been a fluke so I tried it again. Same issues as I sit here and write this today. They say this is an uncommon side effect but it seems more common after reading these reviews.”

MildT · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have had allergies, sinus pain and pressure for as long as I can remember. I've had CT scans, and various conflicting recommendations from doctors. Most recently I was put on Dymista (about 4 months now). It was initially great, as my sinus headaches were gone. I could still feel constant sinus pressure, but at least it was an improvement. However, the past 2 months I have been feeling extremely fatigued. I had a bunch of blood tests which turned up nothing, and the doc suggested to continue the Dymista, add in allergy pills and take antibiotics in case there was an infection. A few days later I decided to check the side effects of Dymista - fatigue! Stopped using it a few days ago, went back to my old saline nasal wash, and already I feel better. My sleep has also been wonky (and continues to be so), but maybe with fewer drugs coursing around in me that will come right too. So the moral of the story is get out a magnifying glass and read those side effects!”

Hacker · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “My history is that my hacking was so bad my family threatened to make me move out. Anywhere I would go, my cough would precede me, announcing my arrival. It was embarrassing. Was getting sinus infections one after another, which led to bronchitis which resulted in weeks of antibiotics and malaise. This went on for years. Then Dymista, in addition to the neti pot seems to have been the solution to chronic sinus infections. I would also wake up in the morning with a headache until I stood upright for while. Dymista got rid of my headache in 20 minutes. It does irritate my nasal passages on occasion and burn, but it's not a major issue. While the cost is expensive, my bigger issue is the awful taste that lasts for hours. I tolerate the bad taste because sinus infections and bronchitis are far worse. Must mention, after spraying into my nose, anyone around me can smell it and have remarked that it is unpleasant.”

dino · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have bben suffering from post nasal drip & allergic fhinitis for many years. Dymista worked but the side effects are bloody awful. Headaches, lack of concentration, felt like a zombie, stopped using it”

Mick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 15, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “The Dymista taste is horrible and it gave me a sore throat, and found it affected my swallowing. It also made me feel extremely tired and anxious. I used it for a while and stopped due to the sore throat, but starting using it again and the anxiety I had the first time that I thought was something else came back again. This drug seems to work for some people, but it's not worth it to me.”

Starr · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I suffer from post nasal drip and constantly coughing. This medicine Dymista has been my GOD sent. Drip gone, coughing gone”

Hotflashes · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2019

“Fluid in my ear, and blockage. ENT put me on flonase, prescription, and azelastine.Took it for a week.Also claritin pill, prescription, and amoxicillin. I got very sick from the sprays.nauseous,sore in nose, headaches, dry mouth, can't sleep. I weaned myself off the sprays. Now just amoxicillin, and pill. Never again. Back to my ocean saline solution, and humidifier.”