User Reviews for Dymista

Learn more about Dymista.

Dymista Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 430 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Dymista to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"I have had sinusitis for last 4 weeks - doctor prescribed dymista & I have had it for the last 2 days. The worst drug I've ever taken. Felt weak & emotional - on the verge of tears. Had to go to bed at 7pm. It was an expensive experience as it cost me €42"

Shemom1 June 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Truly life changing!! I have suffered really badly all my life, tried dozens of different treatments and nothing helped. Was given this 5 days ago and my symptoms have practically disappeared. I am still struggling with itchy eyes but will continue with my eye drops and antihistamine tablets for these. I have been able to take my dog for a walk, open the windows, hang out my washing and sit in my garden with hardly any sneezing or nose blowing. I feel I'm a human being again. Can't recommend it highly enough."

Chazbudz June 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This product has literally been a life-saver! I was not able to function from day to day without severe sinus headaches that would turn into migraines, but this product has given me my life back. I use half the recommended dose, one spray in each nostril once a day, but I've had no side effects at all. I didn't do well with a plain steroid nasal spray, and a plain antihistamine nasal spray didn't work at all, but this combination has worked like a charm. I've been on it for a couple of years, and I have only one complaint: it's expensive!"

Skathlee (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Do not take this spray. I experienced 2 weeks of hell. Massively increased anxiety and panic attacks, depression, blurred vision, headaches, fatigue, restlessness. I though I was going crazy! I put it down to the anxiety and thought I was just having a relapse. Turns out, it was the steroids in the spray. 1 week off it and my eyesight is slowly returning to normal but still have the anxiety and killer sinus pain. Not recommended."

TdEvans21 May 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first time that I took this medication I immediately became sick and it made my allergies worse. It started by making my throat scratchy which tends to lead to running nose, itchy eyes and sneezing. I presumed that it must have been the medicine because it happened immediately after I used the spray. It was confirmed two days ago when I used the spray again. My throat became scratchy and I felt horrible. I believe that the medicine is causing post nasal drip which in turn is making my throat hurt. I noticed that there is an additional ingredient in this spray called "Azelastine" that is not in Flonase. If I had to guess I would say that is the reason for the sour throat. I will not be using this product again."

MJG843 May 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Wonderful product, but extremely overpriced. The active ingredients (azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate) can be purchased separately for about $35 dollars vs. Dymista for about $200. My insurance company covers the azelastine for $20 and fluticasone (Flonase) is available OTC for about $15. My insurance company knows this, as well, and stopped covering Dymista in January."

Saavy Pharmacology Instructor (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Dymista was given to me by my allergist...I used to for about 4 or 5 days straight but was nauseated the whole time....and lost my sense of smell and taste.....I do not think this is worth the inability to taste and smell....plus being nauseated..."

Sad in the face of allergies.. April 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This nasal spray has changed my life. I have suffered from hayfever for the past 5 years. I have tried everything, both prescription and non prescription drugs, herbal stuff, honey, nose filters but nothing has worked. I am extremely allergic to pollen and my symptoms last all year around but gets very bad March-August. I then suffer with a sore throat, itchy eyes, cough, sneezing 50 times/hour and constantly blowing my nose. I started using Dymista 3 days ago and ALL my symptoms are gone. I even went for a run outside yesterday and did not sneeze once afterwards. This is something I could never have done before. Just incredible, I am so happy!!"

Fluffys April 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My ENT prescribed this for me and it is so totally amazing. I have not had headaches, or drowsiness as mentioned by others. I must be using it properly because I have never tasted it. All I know is my nose is not running all the time, I don't have to always have a tissue in my hand and I can go for walks without having to pay the consequences of being outside. It is expensive, but I'm worth it! LOL"

New Way of Life (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have only been on this for 24 hours, but it got rid of a sinus migraine (from someone wearing perfume around me) that would have otherwise taken hours- days to kick. ALSO- many of you talk about the horrible taste. Please read the directions. It clearly states to blow your nose, look at your toes, and spray looking downward to avoid getting into your throat. My doctor recommended using the opposite hand to spray in the opposite nostril at an angle. Just my 2 cents- I will update more later as I am on this spray longer."

LB1972 March 11, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been using it for a month now, the taste was horrible in the beginning but I've found that if I drink something flavored it goes away. I can breathe a million times better with this spray. I have had chronic sinus headaches since I started taking this but I guess it's a trade off to be able to breathe. I have found no correlation in the spray helping my asthma."

Alyssa May (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So allergist gave me sample, have been using Flonase. The after taste is awful but worse is the subsequent coughing, nausea with vomiting shortly afterwards, slight headache. Did not realize extra tiredness was also from this. It does feel like the nasal passages are opened up more but the morning porcelain throne is not worth it. And no not pregnant! Ain't possible. Definitely will inform MD."

Tallygirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had sinusitis for over 12 months which resulted in nasal polyps. Due to have polyp removal operation this year (2017) but due to the effectiveness of Dymista I am hoping that it will shrink the polyps enough that I won't need to have the surgery. I've tried every nose spray and also steroid drops in the past with no effective results. 4 days into the treatment using 2 sprays twice a day and I am already seeing drastic improvements it does cause me to have severe sneezing fits for a few minutes after using it but that's nothing compared to what I've been going through over the past 12 months. Yes occasional bad taste but I don't see what people moan about this. What's worse, a bad taste for a few minutes or relief from your symptoms."

Jay Burrell January 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have always had very mild asthma that would go into remission for years. Over the last year however, my asthma had worsened to the point where even stronger dose preventers didn't work effectively. I'd go to sleep clutching a Ventolin spray as I'd invariably have an asthma attack during the night. Every night. Often I would wheeze all day. My asthma specialists suspected allergies were distabilising my asthma and added dymista to my preventer. Within 24 hours I was a new person. I haven't used ventolin in 6 weeks nor had an asthma attack. On the downside the after taste is truly awful and lasts for hours and there is some minor taste sensation alteration but this is a small price to pay for breathing properly."

AngLeaf January 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"MIRACLE DRUG. Seriously. Hayfever my entire life. Hayfever x 10000 in Melbourne, Australia. Tried at least 10 different allergy tablets and sprays and eye drops, from both US and Australia. I eat local pollen honey and have an air purifier in my house that runs 24/7 and still my symptoms persisted. Dymista immediately relieved my allergic symptoms -- I can breathe, I can go outside, my eyes don't itch, my hives have stopped, sneezing stopped, runny nose has stopped, headache stopped. I can't rave enough about this one. Can't believe I didn't start it sooner. If you're suffering seasonal allergies just go to your doctor, get a prescription and feel the relief."

Sarah D December 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have a nasal disorder , depending which side i tried to sleep , that nostril blocks if i turn to the other side that nostril will block , i had a salivary gland problem that made my left side of my face swelled up especially under the ear , y went to the hospital , i was diagnosed with salivary canal infection , was sent to a nose throat and ear specialist , he prescribed 3000 ml of antibiotics a day for a period of ten days , i went back for a check up i was feeling better , y mentioned to the doctor that i had that issue with nose blockage , he prescribed Dymista nose spray , i used it the same day the next day my nose bled followed by 14 of these symptoms "

sick to the bone December 3, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started the Dymista to fight allergies and the next two days I was dragging and begging to fall asleep. I thought "I must be fighting a cold!" Nope. Just looked it up and read the reviews. The biggest side effect is drowsiness. Ugh. So annoyed that I just used, then thought to look it up. Thanksgiving is at my house tomorrow and I'll be nodding off for my family. I also have very limited taste and smell."

ShenJohn November 24, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My doctor prescribed this instead of the Flonase I've taken for a month. I have severely swollen sinuses, history of sinus surgeries. After a few days of use the headache has gotten so bad I have to stop use. I've had more bad side effects than benefits, including painful sinuses and dry nose. I'm better off without it."

KathyAZ (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Allergies had absolutely taken over my life. I was regularly sniffly if not in full blown sneezing attacks all year round. I'd tried everything I could find and nothing ever worked. When a new doctor suggested I tried this I didn't expect it to my any different but its been life changing. As long as I keep taking this one or two sprays a day, it keeps my symptoms at bay. If I forget it for two consectuive days they come back with a vengeance. Its also settled my asthma so I've been able to reduce my inhalers. Yes there's a taste from it but honestly I still couldn't recommend this enough. I'm in northern Ireland so get it free on prescription but I would absolutely pay for if I needed to."

Gettin256 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 10, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My ENT suggested I try Distma for allergies since Flonase had not helped. Three hours after Distma's first use I had intense needle stabbing pains in left side of head from crown moving down to ear/ temple area & then back up for "30 hours"! Very drowsy & in a haze. Then when I walk can hear something drumming in my hear, so it's back to the ENT tomorrow to find out the damage! "Do Not Use this product is my suggestion!" It seems I have a perforated eardrum!"

Bad stuff September 6, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this after having weaned off of Sinex nose drops due to allergies to pollens. It worked fine, but could not stand the aftertaste. I tried everything to get it to go away! I also noticed being sleepy and having dreams. Why would it make me so sleepy? Long story short, I discontinued it. I'd rather go back to Sinex and not have bad aftertaste and be more alert."

Gnila August 18, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have suffered from hay fever allergies really bad for 5 years each year getting worse spent a fortune on prescriptions and many visits to doctors trying everything on chemist shelf. Havin sneezing attacks 50 at a time taking my breath away, running nose, sore throat, cough for 4 months of the year. Help finally arrives from a new nurse at my doctors that had really bad attacks like me and used Dymista nasal spray WOW change my life over night yes the taste is bad but just have a little water after and it's gone my parents get some sleep at night now cos only one or two sneezes and my head and runny nose has stopped I feel human again, but in England it is expensive that's why some doctors don't offer it."

Beth .n July 3, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had year round allergies for years and have tried zyrtec, Claritin, Allegra, Flonase, and numerous eyedrops with nothing completely alleviating my symptoms. Flonase was probably the closest, gone were the itchy eyes, puffy face, constant clearing of throat, runny nose and sneezing, but I still had that annoying itchy nose. My doctor tried dymista last year, and wow, I love it! It works amazing at alleviating all my symptoms, I feel so much better, it is really expensive though but their is a coupon to help with the copay. The after taste is horrible but a glass of water and piece of gum gets rid of it. Also, I do sneeze or feel on the verge of sneezing for about a minute after taking it. Overall, I love it."

Bethlove1 June 27, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed Dymista after getting a severe blocked nose caused by a cold. I used Dymista for a total of 3 days twice a day (as directed by my doctor) and have since lost my sense of taste and smell. It's been 2 days since I've stopped using the spray and still haven't restored my taste or smell. Freaking out that this might be permanent?! Nothing is worth losing your sense of smell and taste - this is a horrible feeling!!"

Ntda (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"this nasal spray has been life changing for me. having suffered with allergy problems all year round for over 25 years ( constant sneezing,runny nose,itchy eyes and headaches) all of these symptoms have completely stopped. in short a miracle drug!!!!!"

mark evesham June 1, 2016