User Reviews for Dymista

Dymista Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 358 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Dymista to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"Worst drug ever. After 3 days of use, I had glosodiny (mouth burning syndrome), my mouth tongue was burning 24 hours a day. It lasted one week after the side effect passed."

Andy (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

"The results last only for an hour. Worst taste ever."

JK (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

"I’ve been using Dymista for nearly 2 years. Never had any side effects from it and I am drug sensitive. Yes it does taste horrible if it goes down to your throat but if used properly you won’t have that problem. I suffer with chronic sinus infections and nasal polyps but won’t have surgery due to a fear of general aneasthesia hence the long term use of dymista. If I miss a few doses the polyps return and I simply can’t breath through my nose but within 24-48 hours of returning to the dymista I am polyp free and I can breath again. Don’t let negative reviews put you off using this nasal spray. Give it time to work and always remember that any drug can cause side effects but if you persevere with the medication these will go. I’m also based in Wales, uk so thankfully my prescriptions for medicines are FREE!"

JDB (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

"I had side effects on the first dose. Felt drunk, terrible taste. My GP advised I trial it for 3 weeks and I'm SO glad I did. The side effects disappeared on the second day, I haven't sneezed in a week (down from dozens of times per day), my post nasal drip is drying up, my sinus pain has gone and I can breathe through my nose for the first time in months. FYI, you're not supposed to sniff it. Sniffing it causes it to go to your throat not your nose (hence the taste). I recommend persisting past one dose if you want to have any benefit."

Lulu July 19, 2018

"The doctor sprayed Dymista up my nose in his office after I told him, if there are side effects, I'm drug sensitive, I will have them. But he said the side effects are rare and before I knew it he sprayed and I only did little sniffs and not a big sniff to get it up very far. The taste was horrible and I can still taste it hours later. My eyes hurt and feel dry. The eye pain is the worse side effect so far. I have a headache that occurred within 30 min after he sprayed. I see far more serious side effects listed. The bottle he gave me is now in the trash and I left his office a message."

dctravelerworkfun May 22, 2018

"My doctor gave me a sample of Dymista. I used one spray in each nostril and it tastes terrible. It did help with allergies, but I was exhausted, had strange dreams, unable to drive, and had to cancel a trip. I had the worst fatigue 36 hours after taking Dymista and that was with two nights of sleep. It made me feel drunk. It ruined my weekend. If one dose has this affect, long term used could have terrible side effects."

sleepy (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2018

"I have a broken nose - a pretty good one. I am starting to be able to breathe through my nose again. My smell is getting better taste seems fine. I just get sores in my mouth - ulcers. I didn't know it was from the medication but mouth wash and salty water is maintaining it. I get anxiety when I first use it. Maybe after a bit but it's clearing my nose and it helps sleep."

Cheap shot (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

"After 1 month of anti inflammatories I used dymista and got relief wirhin an hour. My allergic reactions are still unknown today but pains associated were gone in an hour. Pains returned after an hour but after steadily using for a few months, and being removed from the affected building, I returned to normal."

AniaS February 5, 2018

"Since I have been using this spray, all my runny noses and blocked nose have all stopted,. This product has changed my life and I would recommend this 100%."

Ian R (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2018

"So far, amazing! First time since I was a small child am I able to breathe thru my nose. It's like a miracle. I always said no to surgery although docs have told me for 25 years to do it. FYI Flonase and all those other sprays never did anything for me. Zyrtec D was the only thing that helped, a little bit."

Art Teacher December 16, 2017

"Dymista is the only spray that keeps my sinuses unblocked. Without it I get sleep apnea and my hearing is affected. I also use a daily Nasal rinse. I've tried other sprays, but Dymista is the only one that really works for me. It's $50 Australian, but lasts for a few months."

Ladymaureen October 18, 2017

"Used for post nadal drip. Ineffective, horrible residue, sore throat, crackly voice, headache, one earache, and just did not alleviate original issue"

juras (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

"If you have allergies that are year around or seasonal please try this medicine. Take it daily and continue taking Zyrtec once a day. Within 90 days of being on it I almost forgot I had allergies. If I get off of it longer than a few months all of my symptoms come back so I know this medicine works. It's pricey with most people's insurance so please go online to the manufacturer or website for the drug to print out the coupon."

Nicole C. (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

"I have had sinusitis for last 4 weeks - doctor prescribed dymista & I have had it for the last 2 days. The worst drug I've ever taken. Felt weak & emotional - on the verge of tears. Had to go to bed at 7pm. It was an expensive experience as it cost me €42"

Shemom1 June 23, 2017

"Truly life changing!! I have suffered really badly all my life, tried dozens of different treatments and nothing helped. Was given this 5 days ago and my symptoms have practically disappeared. I am still struggling with itchy eyes but will continue with my eye drops and antihistamine tablets for these. I have been able to take my dog for a walk, open the windows, hang out my washing and sit in my garden with hardly any sneezing or nose blowing. I feel I'm a human being again. Can't recommend it highly enough."

Chazbudz June 19, 2017

"This product has literally been a life-saver! I was not able to function from day to day without severe sinus headaches that would turn into migraines, but this product has given me my life back. I use half the recommended dose, one spray in each nostril once a day, but I've had no side effects at all. I didn't do well with a plain steroid nasal spray, and a plain antihistamine nasal spray didn't work at all, but this combination has worked like a charm. I've been on it for a couple of years, and I have only one complaint: it's expensive!"

Skathlee (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

"Do not take this spray. I experienced 2 weeks of hell. Massively increased anxiety and panic attacks, depression, blurred vision, headaches, fatigue, restlessness. I though I was going crazy! I put it down to the anxiety and thought I was just having a relapse. Turns out, it was the steroids in the spray. 1 week off it and my eyesight is slowly returning to normal but still have the anxiety and killer sinus pain. Not recommended."

TdEvans21 May 15, 2017

"The first time that I took this medication I immediately became sick and it made my allergies worse. It started by making my throat scratchy which tends to lead to running nose, itchy eyes and sneezing. I presumed that it must have been the medicine because it happened immediately after I used the spray. It was confirmed two days ago when I used the spray again. My throat became scratchy and I felt horrible. I believe that the medicine is causing post nasal drip which in turn is making my throat hurt. I noticed that there is an additional ingredient in this spray called "Azelastine" that is not in Flonase. If I had to guess I would say that is the reason for the sour throat. I will not be using this product again."

MJG843 May 4, 2017

"Wonderful product, but extremely overpriced. The active ingredients (azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate) can be purchased separately for about $35 dollars vs. Dymista for about $200. My insurance company covers the azelastine for $20 and fluticasone (Flonase) is available OTC for about $15. My insurance company knows this, as well, and stopped covering Dymista in January."

Saavy Pharmacology Instructor (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

"Dymista was given to me by my allergist...I used to for about 4 or 5 days straight but was nauseated the whole time....and lost my sense of smell and taste.....I do not think this is worth the inability to taste and smell....plus being nauseated..."

Sad in the face of allergies.. April 7, 2017

"This nasal spray has changed my life. I have suffered from hayfever for the past 5 years. I have tried everything, both prescription and non prescription drugs, herbal stuff, honey, nose filters but nothing has worked. I am extremely allergic to pollen and my symptoms last all year around but gets very bad March-August. I then suffer with a sore throat, itchy eyes, cough, sneezing 50 times/hour and constantly blowing my nose. I started using Dymista 3 days ago and ALL my symptoms are gone. I even went for a run outside yesterday and did not sneeze once afterwards. This is something I could never have done before. Just incredible, I am so happy!!"

Fluffys April 3, 2017

"My ENT prescribed this for me and it is so totally amazing. I have not had headaches, or drowsiness as mentioned by others. I must be using it properly because I have never tasted it. All I know is my nose is not running all the time, I don't have to always have a tissue in my hand and I can go for walks without having to pay the consequences of being outside. It is expensive, but I'm worth it! LOL"

New Way of Life (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2017

"I have only been on this for 24 hours, but it got rid of a sinus migraine (from someone wearing perfume around me) that would have otherwise taken hours- days to kick. ALSO- many of you talk about the horrible taste. Please read the directions. It clearly states to blow your nose, look at your toes, and spray looking downward to avoid getting into your throat. My doctor recommended using the opposite hand to spray in the opposite nostril at an angle. Just my 2 cents- I will update more later as I am on this spray longer."

LB1972 March 11, 2017

"I've been using it for a month now, the taste was horrible in the beginning but I've found that if I drink something flavored it goes away. I can breathe a million times better with this spray. I have had chronic sinus headaches since I started taking this but I guess it's a trade off to be able to breathe. I have found no correlation in the spray helping my asthma."

Alyssa May (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

"So allergist gave me sample, have been using Flonase. The after taste is awful but worse is the subsequent coughing, nausea with vomiting shortly afterwards, slight headache. Did not realize extra tiredness was also from this. It does feel like the nasal passages are opened up more but the morning porcelain throne is not worth it. And no not pregnant! Ain't possible. Definitely will inform MD."

Tallygirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017