User Reviews for Dymista

Learn more about Dymista.

Dymista Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 431 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Dymista to treat Allergic Rhinitis

"My ENT suggested I try Distma for allergies since Flonase had not helped. Three hours after Distma's first use I had intense needle stabbing pains in left side of head from crown moving down to ear/ temple area & then back up for "30 hours"! Very drowsy & in a haze. Then when I walk can hear something drumming in my hear, so it's back to the ENT tomorrow to find out the damage! "Do Not Use this product is my suggestion!" It seems I have a perforated eardrum!"

Bad stuff September 6, 2016

"I took this after having weaned off of Sinex nose drops due to allergies to pollens. It worked fine, but could not stand the aftertaste. I tried everything to get it to go away! I also noticed being sleepy and having dreams. Why would it make me so sleepy? Long story short, I discontinued it. I'd rather go back to Sinex and not have bad aftertaste and be more alert."

Gnila August 18, 2016

"I have suffered from hay fever allergies really bad for 5 years each year getting worse spent a fortune on prescriptions and many visits to doctors trying everything on chemist shelf. Havin sneezing attacks 50 at a time taking my breath away, running nose, sore throat, cough for 4 months of the year. Help finally arrives from a new nurse at my doctors that had really bad attacks like me and used Dymista nasal spray WOW change my life over night yes the taste is bad but just have a little water after and it's gone my parents get some sleep at night now cos only one or two sneezes and my head and runny nose has stopped I feel human again, but in England it is expensive that's why some doctors don't offer it."

Beth .n July 3, 2016

"I've had year round allergies for years and have tried zyrtec, Claritin, Allegra, Flonase, and numerous eyedrops with nothing completely alleviating my symptoms. Flonase was probably the closest, gone were the itchy eyes, puffy face, constant clearing of throat, runny nose and sneezing, but I still had that annoying itchy nose. My doctor tried dymista last year, and wow, I love it! It works amazing at alleviating all my symptoms, I feel so much better, it is really expensive though but their is a coupon to help with the copay. The after taste is horrible but a glass of water and piece of gum gets rid of it. Also, I do sneeze or feel on the verge of sneezing for about a minute after taking it. Overall, I love it."

Bethlove1 June 27, 2016

"I was prescribed Dymista after getting a severe blocked nose caused by a cold. I used Dymista for a total of 3 days twice a day (as directed by my doctor) and have since lost my sense of taste and smell. It's been 2 days since I've stopped using the spray and still haven't restored my taste or smell. Freaking out that this might be permanent?! Nothing is worth losing your sense of smell and taste - this is a horrible feeling!!"

Ntda (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

"this nasal spray has been life changing for me. having suffered with allergy problems all year round for over 25 years ( constant sneezing,runny nose,itchy eyes and headaches) all of these symptoms have completely stopped. in short a miracle drug!!!!!"

mark evesham June 1, 2016

"The positives for me were that it immediately helped with my itchy nose. However, it didn't completely get rid of it. I was taking it in the morning and at night and I felt so drugged and irritated. I really had to make myself do anything during the day. All I wanted to do was sleep. I've gone back to just suffering through my allergies during the day, and taking Benadryl at night. I've got two small children, so being excessively tires and cranky during the day isn't an option for me."

Southtexasmom May 24, 2016

"I had went to urgent care after suffering with the worst sinus infection I have ever had, and I've had a few along with sinus surgeries. The doc gave me a sample with no preface, just to try it, 1 squirt each nostril twice daily. I took it at 7:30pm and felt like I had been drugged. She told me nothing of the somnolent side effects and today its 2:30pm and I am still extremely drowsy, unfocused, and generally feeling like I could fall over."

Severe Sinus Infection May 23, 2016

"My teenaged son is congested from February through June. We live in the part of Texas where you can actually watch the cedar pollen pods explode (literally). I was so excited to hear all the promises of Dymista, but every squirt caused him to have crazy sneezing fits - like 15-20 in a row! We kept trying for 3 days, but he was miserable with the sneezing. Haven't seen any other reviews mention this, so I guess we are just special : /"

TxSneezers May 4, 2016

"I got a sample 3 days ago and noticed improvement in 24 hours. My brain fog is gone, stuffiness greatly reduced and I feel better than I have for months if not years. I'll check in again after longer use. Right now I am wishing I had this at least a year ago."

Mozartsmom (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

"The taste is awful and does last for hours . I was also given the sample without prior knowledge that I should not be driving after use. I feel so out of it , drowsy, slight nausea. I'm still waiting for my insurance to let me know if this medication is covered and how much it will be even after the coupon card . At this point its not worth purchasing . Haven't noticed any positive change either in my sense of smell or nasal breathing ability."

DanielleT March 1, 2016

"I found it to be not very effective. Yes, it helps some. for me it is less effective than flonase and Benadryl together."

Alberto K (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2016

"Works great! Works better then using both 2 nasal sprays individually. It is much more convenient to only have to use one nasal spray and is less irritating. If your insurance doesn't cover it ask your doctor to submit a prior authorization to your insurance. My doctor's office got Dymista approved in just a few hours. Other options include using the Manufacturer's coupon from their website to get $100 off or a lower copay. Or buy the generic online from a reputable/verified International pharmacy for about $30 including shipping. Just make sure the pharmacy is verified by VIPS, has the physical address on the website, and requires a script. Generic Dymista not avail in US."

SteveO516 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

"After years of struggling with severe sinus pain, feeling exhausted on a daily basis due to all my allergies I now feel absolutely brilliant like I have been given a new lease of life. I wish I had been prescribed this years ago. The spray doesn't taste as that bad you just need a glass of water to wash taste away if it goes down your throat. Highly recommend people who have allergic rhinitis to ask for this nasal spray, this hasn't cost me anything due to NHS prescriptions in England Uk"

MrsH38 (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

"I loved dymista when I started using it. Now after using several months I have horrible sores inside my nose, cold and hot chills, no energy to the point of not being able to get out of bed on my own, white spots just inside my nostrils. My nose is constantly bleeding and my family doctor justs laughs at me. I now have an appointment at an ENT."

Mickeymouse 60 January 13, 2016

"The taste is bad but it works!!! If you get the technique right it shouldn't go down the back of the throat, google how to do this. When I take it I have some mints standing by just in case, this helps mask the terrible taste. I have suffered from sinusitis/allergies for years, which completely block my nose. After about 4 days of using this twice a day this started working. Now my nose is completely clear and I take one pump in each nostril every day as a preventative. It is expensive, but it's the only long-term spray I've found. In Aus I pay about $55 for it."

LauraLoo83 December 6, 2015

"I took it for 2-3 days twice a day and have lost my sense of smell...hope its not permanent. No med is worth losing the ability to smell."

mcabf November 14, 2015

"It really works effectively taken twice daily. I have tried everything that's available in market so far the best. With insurance and discount card I pay only $14.00 so its cheap."

Benji484 November 4, 2015

"I had horrible sinus pressure headaches 3-4 days a week. It got to where OTC medication would only work for 3-4 hours then the pressure would be back. I went to an ENT who said I had rhinitis and gave me a prescription for Dymista and sent me for allergy testing. Came back I was allergic to a lot of things. The 1st week on dymista, I had 2 headaches. By the end of the 1st month, I had not had a headache in 2 weeks. I missed 6 weeks in, and the headache came back. I won't do that again!!! This medicine has been a huge game changer for me. A lot of reviewers talk about the taste. You need to shake the bottle lightly before using, and make sure and look at your toes with your head slightly bent down. Then the spray won't go down your throat."

raquel1980 October 28, 2015

"For many many years I have been dealing with hay fever allergies in spring and fall. My nose is always clogged. Sudafed and Allegra D became a normal routine for me. Dr gave me a trial of this. Loved it, the only side affect was that I could breath through my nose which is not normal for me in my life. I actually felt more active but may be just a side affect from being able to breath through my nose. They only get 9 of 10 because it is expensive, $180 without insurance, $80 with coupon card. Insurance is fighting me with pre-authorization."

CaptJIm October 24, 2015

"After years of coughing all day, and sitting up choking many many nights with a sinus infection, my ENT in Tennesee, finally prescribed me dymista! My infection went away with NO antibiotic. Now I don't cough at all! What a gift this is to my family. I do blow my nose immediately, since I'm sensitive to meds and I don't want extra. And I did have one or two anxiety attacks after taking, but I'm out of the Drs office and not coughing!!!! Coughing is exhausting. Praise God I am healed!"

Julie Bug October 20, 2015

"Experienced choking, headaches and after using for 2 weeks progresssively worse nose bleeds. I ended up in the emergency today, my nose is a mess inside. Cauterizations two days in a row, patches put on the area that have been bleeding. Now I can take no nasal spray until everything heals. I have taken Nasonex for several years and like it but my mail pharmacy stopped carrying it. Threw away 3 containers of the horrible Dymista."

cattknap October 13, 2015

"I have experienced awful side effects. Nausea, dizzy, dried out sinuses, nose bleeds, lightheadedness, and migraines like no other. Did help with allergies but not worth it!"

Anonymous October 4, 2015

"Definately works on nasal and ocular symptoms and works really fast!!!!"

Batchy (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2015

"I have been a user of Flonase for a long time, so I thought I would give this a try. I got a sample from my doctor yesterday. After one use, I am unfortunately going to throw it in the garbage. It may very well work as advertised, but I just can't get over the awful, bitter tasting post-nasal drip that lingers for hours after use. After one use I don't feel like I can comment on its effectiveness, but I would rather be stuffy than taste it every day."

ZekeM September 15, 2015