User Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine to treat Pain

Also known as: Fiorinal, Butalbital Compound, Fortabs, Fiormor, Fiortal, Farbital

Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine Rating Summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine

Senna June 23, 2020

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I’ve used Fiorinol with codeine for 49 years and it’s the only pain relief medication that works for me. I have multiple issues, severe back pain it reduces pain so I function but doesn’t make it go completely away, in the past the issues worked completely... I take at the onset of pain, if I wait too long pain is harder to control. I thought it only came in a capsule then I got it in tablet form once and the tablet didn’t work as well and yet should be the same. In the past I was given a generic which did not work, the past 5-6 yrs the generic is working. It used to cost me over $800/month but with generic the price is about $400. My plan covers 80% I have tried other medication every time a new one comes on the market with no success. This is a drug that does need constant monitoring but it does work. Recent kidney tests have been good for me so it hasn’t affected that with long term use.”

Lizzie · Taken for 10 years or more June 7, 2019

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Have taken Fiorinal in capsule form for over 30 years. Originally to stop migraines and relief from chronic headaches. After doctors trying all types of meds including beta blockers and antidepressants a pain specialist had me take it 4x a day to help prevent and treat headaches. 8 years ago I developed carpal tunnel, tendonitis and bilateral neuropathy. Multiple surgeries failed and I can't take steroid shots. I didn't realize it but the Fiorinal has been really muting the pain in my arms, wrists and hands. Recent blood tests showed kidney issues and because of the aspirin they told me to stop the Fiorinal until they can determine the cause. My pain in hands, wrists, and arms is tripled without the fiorinal. On Medicare it is not covered. 90 pills is almost $100. I use the a pharmacy discount card which is then $67.”

T-boned moma · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 6, 2018

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Although it is my go to immediately upon rising because I already have pain. It helps until mid morning then another dose does little or nothing somedays. I have to find something else in this family of drugs. I have been on it for 8 years. Maybe it's just not as effective as at first”

cindyjsparky March 26, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have taken Fiorinal since I was 19 and I am 56 now, and it has helped not only with severe tension headaches but with toothaches, strep throat, and other pain over the years and I reccomend it to anybody suffering from headaches.”

jomikey06 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 14, 2014

“I've used this for sometime now and it always stops my headaches and back pain.”

Mrs Mann May 30, 2014

Farbital (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have taken this off and on for headaches/migraines over the past ten years, going months between needing it. It was not addictive even when taken daily for several months because of hormonally aggregated headaches, but provided substantial relief versus Over The Counter meds.”

MNmigrainefree · Taken for 10 years or more August 22, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have been prescribed Fiorinal for the past 20 years, and as many others have stated, it is indeed a miracle. NOTHING else works as well (if at all) as Fiorinal. It is unfortunate that so many physicians are reluctant to prescribe it, always citing their fear of addiction. While there is most definitely a dependence that can result, it should not (in my opinion) be lumped into the abused substances category for those of us who use it according to our doctor's prescription.”

Anonymous June 23, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “This drug is very effective in treating headache pain.”

Anonymous April 29, 2008

“This is the only medication that will knock out my tension headaches, neck and back tension. It's important that I take it on the onset. Truly a miracle tension headache medication for me.”

arat31 April 18, 2008

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have had migraines my whole life and I am happy with the combination I am on now of Fiorinal and daily 100 mg Topamax. I can't handle more than 100 mg (50 mg twice a day) of the topamax without unwanted side effects. 100 mg of Topamax is not enough to keep me headache free. It only cuts down on the headaches and makes them not so intense -instead of 9s and 10s I get 7s and 8s. Fiorinal knocks the headaches right out. If I catch it in time I only need to take 1 but if it's a really bad one, I take 2 and lie down. It has worked great for my tension - cluster migraines.”