User Reviews for Anakinra

Also known as: Kineret

Anakinra has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 78% of those users who reviewed Anakinra reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Still's Disease  Off-label
8.4
Schnitzler Syndrome  Off-label
10.0
Cryopyrin-Associated Periodic Syndromes
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Summary of Anakinra reviews 8.1 10 reviews

Kiody · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2021

For Cryopyrin-Associated Periodic Syndromes: “I started taking Anakinra in September 2018 for my pericarditis relapses and I have gotten so badly effected with joint and muscle pain that it is unbearable. It has stopped my pericarditis relapses for my heart but my joint pain is so excruciating that now my body pain is more debilitating than my original condition. I can’t seem to find anyone else who is suffering from joint & muscle pain. It effects my legs the most and my arms. Is there anyone else who has experienced having no joint pain prior and now being riddled with joint and muscle pain? I’m in Australia”

Jw · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

“I just did my first anakinra shot of this for Crohn’s disease/auto immune deficiency. I’ve done tons of different shots and infusions over the years and have NEVER experienced the pain and stinging that I did with this. I have no idea how I’m going to do this every day.”

SarahL · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2018

For Still's Disease: “I was diagnosed with Aosd (Adult-onset Still's disease) Feb 2017 and after tying naproxen, steroids and methotrexate, my Rheumy put me on Kineret starting last Nov. I give Kineret an 8 because it stings... and because I still have joints flaring occasionally.”

Sessa January 31, 2012

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: “Yes, it does burn when you start to take it and the spot injected might itch. I did a couple of things before taking the shot. 1. warmed it up for about 30 minutes 2. applied ice to the spot I planned to inject 3. would take a Benadryl to keep the itching down. I've been on it several yrs now. It burns or itches...once in a blue moon. It has helped but doesn't keep the fevers and joint/muscle pain completely away, anymore. Good luck! This medicine is definitely worth a try if you have AOSD.”

MaeganL March 26, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been taking this medication for 9 years now and it takes care of my symptoms pretty good. I have occasional stiffness but it usually occurs after I wake up in the mornings. I know quite a bit about Rheumatoid Arthritis because I have this disease for 22 years now. I've also taken this medication during pregnancy and honestly I have 2 of the healthiest kids you will ever see. I took this in 2008 with my first pregnancy and we both did very well I have no complaints. I took this medication again in 2009 with my second pregnancy and again no problems at all. I hope this helps someone.”

Anonymous March 5, 2010

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: “The drug works very well. What they don't tell you, though, is that it burns like a steroid each time, every time. So go into it forewarned as it's not anywhere in any literature and it's not something your physician will likely tell you beforehand.”

Still fight'n February 11, 2011

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: “I've only been taking the 100mg shots for 8 days now. It does burn even after it has warmed up. I think this might be because it's thick and has to be injected slowly. But like they say.. no pain no gain.”

Gabby B April 10, 2013

Kineret (anakinra) for Schnitzler Syndrome: “I've been on Kineret (anakinra) for several years for Schnitzler Syndrome. No other medication gave me relief, except high dose steroids, but I was pain and hives free within a couple of days of starting Kineret and back digging in the garden and walking kilometres when I had spent the previous 7 years mainly in bed. It was on the PBS list but now my hospital pays for it on my behalf. No injection site problems or side effects.”

Anonymous September 3, 2011

Kineret (anakinra) for Schnitzler Syndrome: “Kineret works great for my Schnitzler's Syndrome. It can hurt when injected but if I warm it up to room temperature by letting it sit out for a while or hold the syringe in my hand to warm it up, it hurts A LOT less.”

AnnaSB June 2, 2014

For Still's Disease: “I just started on this medicine a week ago for AOSD. I have heard people comparing the burn of injection to that of a steroid shot... in my opinion it is a picnic [on the beach, at sunset] compared to that! It also burns way, way less than my Enbrel did. No injection site reaction or other side effects yet. I have high hopes!”

McKaleB August 27, 2017

For Still's Disease: “I was diagnosed 2 months ago with Still's disease and began therapy with Kineret ASAP per my Rheumatologist's recommendation. Almost magically my symptoms that had previously left me bedridden and miserable subsided- within 2-3 days. Injecting daily is a pain in the butt and was difficult to learn at first, and I began experiencing some mild injection site reaction in the 3rd week, but otherwise would not know where I'd be without this medication. If you can stomach the daily needle and occasional red/itchy ISR, Kineret is well worth it!”