User Reviews for Anakinra

Also known as: Kineret

Learn more about Anakinra.

Schnitzler Syndrome 2 reviews 0 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 346 medications

Still's Disease 5 reviews 0 medications

8.5
Summary of Anakinra reviews 8 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Anakinra

For Still's Disease: "I was diagnosed 2 months ago with Still's disease and began therapy with Kineret ASAP per my Rheumatologist's recommendation. Almost magically my symptoms that had previously left me bedridden and miserable subsided- within 2-3 days. Injecting daily is a pain in the butt and was difficult to learn at first, and I began experiencing some mild injection site reaction in the 3rd week, but otherwise would not know where I'd be without this medication. If you can stomach the daily needle and occasional red/itchy ISR, Kineret is well worth it!"

McKaleB August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Still's Disease: "I just started on this medicine a week ago for AOSD. I have heard people comparing the burn of injection to that of a steroid shot... in my opinion it is a picnic [on the beach, at sunset] compared to that! It also burns way, way less than my Enbrel did. No injection site reaction or other side effects yet. I have high hopes!"

AnnaSB June 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kineret (anakinra) for Schnitzler Syndrome: "I've been on Kineret (anakinra) for several years for Schnitzler Syndrome. No other medication gave me relief, except high dose steroids, but I was pain and hives free within a couple of days of starting Kineret and back digging in the garden and walking kilometres when I had spent the previous 7 years mainly in bed. It was on the PBS list but now my hospital pays for it on my behalf. No injection site problems or side effects."

Gabby B April 10, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking this medication for 9 years now and it takes care of my symptoms pretty good. I have occasional stiffness but it usually occurs after I wake up in the mornings. I know quite a bit about Rheumatoid Arthritis because I have this disease for 22 years now. I've also taken this medication during pregnancy and honestly I have 2 of the healthiest kids you will ever see. I took this in 2008 with my first pregnancy and we both did very well I have no complaints. I took this medication again in 2009 with my second pregnancy and again no problems at all. I hope this helps someone."

MaeganL March 26, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: "Yes, it does burn when you start to take it and the spot injected might itch. I did a couple of things before taking the shot. 1. warmed it up for about 30 minutes 2. applied ice to the spot I planned to inject 3. would take a Benadryl to keep the itching down. I've been on it several yrs now. It burns or itches...once in a blue moon. It has helped but doesn't keep the fevers and joint/muscle pain completely away, anymore. Good luck! This medicine is definitely worth a try if you have AOSD."

Sessa January 31, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kineret (anakinra) for Schnitzler Syndrome: "Kineret works great for my Schnitzler's Syndrome. It can hurt when injected but if I warm it up to room temperature by letting it sit out for a while or hold the syringe in my hand to warm it up, it hurts A LOT less."

Anonymous September 3, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: "I've only been taking the 100mg shots for 8 days now. It does burn even after it has warmed up. I think this might be because it's thick and has to be injected slowly. But like they say.. no pain no gain."

Still fight'n February 11, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Kineret (anakinra) for Still's Disease: "The drug works very well. What they don't tell you, though, is that it burns like a steroid each time, every time. So go into it forewarned as it's not anywhere in any literature and it's not something your physician will likely tell you beforehand."

Anonymous March 5, 2010