User Reviews for ProAir RespiClick

Learn more about ProAir RespiClick.

Asthma, acute 28 reviews 162 medications

COPD, Acute 2 reviews 24 medications

COPD, Maintenance 1 reviews 46 medications

Summary of ProAir RespiClick reviews 38 reviews 1.0

Reviews for ProAir RespiClick

For Asthma, acute "No relief."

Shandrea (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "I thought we were doing it wrong! This thing feels like it does absolutely nothing. We open the click cap and I tell my son to breathe in deep (which is a lot to ask when he is coughing) and he feels nothing and it does nothing. I even tried it and can usually feel the albuterol in is nebulizer and other inhalers and feel absolutely nothing. Really what a piece of garbage, a 40 dollar co-payment and my insurance is paying like 200+ for it in addition. What a waste -- we should be reimbursed or given a replacement. Thanks for letting me know we weren't crazy!"

cuties_mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "This inhaler is terrible !!! It's too loud !!! Makes so much noise on inhalation and that clicking sound !!!!"

Anonymous September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Acute "The worst inhaler I've ever used. I feel like absolutely nothing comes out of the inhaler, and it doesn't help me at all. I'll be asking my Dr. about another type, because this one is just terrible."

tomorrowsdream (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "I previously used the old ProAir, the traditional design, and it worked great could jog twice as far without getting short of breath, mow grass, etc. I was at the doctor and asked about a refill & she told me about this amazing new design that you don't have to squeeze. The idea sounded great, but in reality it doesn't work. After I use it shortness of breath is slightly decreased, but the chest tightness/pain remains and starts to take on a different character, & it also makes me extremely nauseous. Yes, it is convenient, but people who need a rescue inhaler would rather it work & provide relief than to have 1 less button to press."

Edgi July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "Worse rescue inhaler ever!!!!! I'm resorting to using my nebulizer in order to get relief. Who's bright idea was it to switch from a pump inhaler to a inhaled powder??? Half the time I don't have enough breath to inhale and I don't get a good dose, and let's not forget the fact that I have to make sure that my lips do not block the airflow window. Unfortunately I can't even switch to a different one because my insurance will not cover any other brand. Someone help me I can't breath and my back hurts so bad as a result."

Tamekic H (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "I have been on albuterol inhalers since the 80s. I went online to watch how to properly use this respliclick inhaler and quickly learned that medicine is actuated each time you open the cap and also not to let my lips block the air vent as it is right at the back of the mouth piece. Feeling equipped with good info I felt I was ready to go. Then came the moment I needed it... I opened the cap emptied my lungs the best I could (I was having an asthma attack so...could only do so much). Then I breathed in all I could...my lungs went into a vacuum (negative pressure) and they stayed that way until I released my lips from the device. Nothing left the inhaler and entered my lungs, not medicine, not air, nothing. I tried three times and the pain was so bad I don't I think I dare try again. After 3 hours with no relief I used my expired ProAir HFA and got instant relief. I am calling the FDA compliant line now."

Ben - Louisville, KY (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "This inhaler has caused my family much grief. IT DOES NOT WORK. IT WILL NOT RESCUE. We used it for two days as we watched our child's condition steadily worsen to a full blown attack two days ago. A call the pediatric respiratory specialist prompted a prescription for the aerosol version of proair. After just one use of the aerosol replacement inhaler, our child's condition quickly improved. I am SO glad we were able to get back to the aerosol inhaler."

Mother of Asthmatic Child (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "Got the inhaler for my son on Friday. Does not work , then pro air does not want to refund my money, but wants to replace their garbage product with another rubbish Pro Air Respiclick.. Big Pharm sucks"

Gotscrewedbyproairrespiclick (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "I called The pharmacy today, because this thing doesn't work. I had a asthma attack and had to use my breathing machine. It needs to be recalled."

Smoochie Maberry (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Does not open lungs and does not assist when needed."

Mick lane (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Not providing any relief at all."

Jenbungle (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchiectasis "I never received any relief.Not sure if it even works. I followed directions, just awful product."

Dan Allen March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "Useless !!! I took it to my pulmonary doctor and told him nothing comes out. He said don't tip it that the powder will fall out. Well I kept paying for them trying to get some relief but never did. My copy being 40.00. I just kept thinking I was imagining there was nothing there. I decided to open one that showed zero doses left to see if the meds was gone. Guess what all the med was still in it. No residue from the power anywhere except inside the area they put it it. This was like the 4 th inhaler I paid a 40.00 copay for. I feel like a repayment should be in order. That's not including all the freaking anxiety attacks I had trying to get medication out of these defective devices. My other powder inhaler Anita works great. Different device"

Blueyeezzz March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "Agree with everyone else. I am glad I didn't pay for it and only had a free trial. It's really useless. Could tell no difference after using it. I got more relief from an empty regular pro air (with just some residue coming out!)"

JulieS1970 February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I'm not a complainer but this medicine is the worst. I normally use the regular Proair inhaler and it works great but I just got back home from picking up a refill and relied it was this Proair Respiclick. I can't imagine it working for anyone as a rescue inhaler. Did they really test it on real asthma patients? We can't breathe well enough to breathe in this medication. I pray,to God they don't try to phase out the inhaler with this joke of a medication!"

Shelly Welly (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "I absolutely despise this inhaler. It honestly takes a lot for me to get so upset over a product, but this one is ridiculous. There have been multiple cases where I've had attacks, and my lungs are not strong enough to get the medicine out of it. I have to use it multiple times to even find a little bit of relief. I do not recommend this product"

LexiEnri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "It is extremely difficult to Use during an acute asthma attack. It is rather terrifying trying to be able to breath enough to actually take this medicine. My husband dug around for an empty Ventolin to stop the attack."

todolist December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "The respiclick simply does not work. I have used it repeatedly when my asthma has flared up and never experienced ANY relief. Not even sure anything comes out after the click even. I have been relying on my maintenance DULERA inhaler for rescue situations. Annoyed and will be talking to my doctor tomorrow about an alternative. Garbage product."

R.p. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "Why does ProAir keep making bigger and BIGGER inhalers!?! Over the years they have gotten huge and hard to carry around. I often carry my inhaler in my pocket or in my purse (which is small), but I just picked up the new ProAir and it's way too big. I can't even put it in my pocket. Plus I find the fact that you can't take it apart and wash it really disgusting. Directions say to wipe it off, but this thing is going in my mouth...I prefer soap and water which you can't do with this inhaler. I'm going back to the old stuff."

Nicky787898098098 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "My son used this medicine and told me that it didn't work. He ended up I the ER the other night because it offered no relief. Don't buy. Use the regular proair."

Asthma Sufferer December 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "It doesn't seem to me it does much."

LaLouSo September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "I have been using ProAir for the past couple of months because my insurance company would not cover Ventolin. I have found that ProAir is not nearly effective and does not help my breathing nearly as quickly or as well as the Ventolin. I am very disappointed in the way it sprays! When I compare a spray of Ventolin to a spray of ProAir in the air side by side, you can see and hear the difference. The ProAir is weak and slowly dispursed whereas the Ventolin is a strong great spray with quick result."

Chidda September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "Asthma and COPD for 50 years. This product is unusable. I work outside ALL weather. To big for a pocket, AND DON'T get wet. What good is a rescue inhaler if one can't take it with them where it may be needed. Now taking a round of prednisone. First time since 2012."

never smoked (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute "With the old inhalers you could test fire it to make sure it was working. Now, how do you tell? I’ve used rescue inhalers for many years. The key word here is rescue. When I have an attack lose the ability to breathe deeply. When I use the ProAir RespiClick I can sometimes taste it on my tongue, just like with my old inhaler but I don’t get relief. The instructions say you have to wait over 5 minutes to get relief, but the medicine never seems to kick in. My doctor recommended this especially since there was a coupon."

Bad Medicine 2016 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016