User Reviews for ProAir RespiClick to treat Asthma, acute

ProAir RespiClick has an average rating of 1.7 out of 10 from a total of 61 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, acute. 5% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 93% reported a negative effect.

ProAir RespiClick Rating Summary

1.7/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for ProAir RespiClick

Asthma Allergy Nurse · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2018

“I've been a nurse with a private asthma and allergy practice for nearly 4 years, now. I have also used the ProAir RespiClick device for my reactive airway symptoms to determine why my patients are complaining that they aren't experiencing any symptom relief with it. I have no idea how the ProAir RespiClick even made it through trials to be approved for patient use. This device is only activated if the patient is able to inhale forcefully and deeply enough to cause the powder to be released and inhaled. In the event of an asthmatic episode, the patient is already struggling to breathe deeply/forcefully, hence their urgent need for relief. If someone can't breathe, it makes no sense that their lifesaving medication won't work unless their lung function isn't compromised. That would be like asking someone who is choking on food to swallow a pill to dislodge the food and save their life. No common sense here, manufacturers.”

Deb · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2020

“This new inhaler is terrible. Just ask the doctor for my old inhaler back. Even worse. My insurance insists I use this new one and doesn’t cover my old style inhaler. Gonna have to pay more so I can breathe. Terrible idea.”

Lola · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

“Neither myself or the pharmacist could get anything out of this inhaler. We put it on a black surface, click the inhaler and banged it on the black counter and absolutely no powder or mist came out. We did the black surface test after I took the thing back because I could get NOTHING out of it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

“Who designed this thing? You have absolutely no idea if you’re getting medicine or not. For a device you rely on to save your life, you just need to believe that maybe it worked, maybe it didn’t? And when you’re already short of breath, sucking hard to get the medicine out is not really an option. On the flip side, it makes you want to keep giving yourself dose after dose after dose because there’s no indication whatsoever that you’re ever getting any medicine. Horrible horrible product!!”

Unbeliever · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2020

“I ditto every negative response to the use of this product. I thought I was using it wrong or something was wrong with me. The people who stated whoever made it has no clue what it’s like to have to suck in when you have an attack, is totally correct. Did they even have product testing and trials before putting in the market. What about the FDA quality control???”

Buck · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2018

“This NOT a rescue inhaler, in spite of it's marketing. As many have stated on here in the past, when you are having an asthma attack, you can't breath in deeply or quickly enough to get an adequate dose and in between each dose you have to close the cap, shake and reopen it. I guess this company will need to be sued when someone dies from an asthma attack to make the FDA pull it off the market. Totally useless.”

SC · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

“This was prescribed to be by the ER doctor for “as needed” and I hate it. It is the worst thing when you can’t breathe in. Why? Because if you can’t breathe how do you breathe in enough to get the medicine?! I’ve had to try 3 or four times to get one dose. The medicine itself seems to be good but why in the world would someone who has problems breathing to the point of going to the ER be given something that is so difficult to get to?!”

Anonymous June 2, 2019

“Like the others say, the ProAir ResiClick is not effective. Sucking as hard as you can to get medicine to your lungs did not help during an asthma attack. The old method inhalers are far superior. I wheeze terribly still after using. Do not recommend.”

JD · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

“I have watched videos on correct usage, it is NOT user error. This does not work for me at all. With the old inhaler, I could feel, even taste the medicine. I could feel my lungs relax. This one... I feel nothing. my lungs feel just as tight as before. This is a piece of garbage and the Teva company should be ashamed of this product, 300 patents wasted. 3M tried this type of inhalator 20 years ago and that was proven to not deliver medicine either. Please learn from the mistakes of the past companies.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2021

“I was switch from my pro air to the albuteral respiclick. I will tell you now I think it is one of the worst I have ever used. I wake in the morning needing relief ASAP and respiclick sends me down a nightmarish road.”

Becky December 20, 2019

“Horrible!!! No relief after using!!! Had to call the company to complain and they said it might have been a bad batch.... If this is for rescue just pay more for the other kind.... It the worst inhaler I've ever had.”

S · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2018

“I am not able to suck hard enough to release the medicine. How is someone having asthma supposed to do a quick powerful inhalation?! After watching Respiclick tutorials and following instructions several times, it did not work. With the aerosol Albuterol, I feel instant relief in the tightness in my chest. The respiclick it gives me zero relief. I have called the manufacturer and will be reporting my experience to the FDA.”

Miramoo · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2015

“I was given Pro-air Respiclick by my pharmacy instead of HFA shortly after it came out because they had a coupon that gave me a better price. During a bad bout of seasonal allergies I found that the Respiclick gave me little-to-no relief, even when used every 4 to 6 hours. I have used Pro-air HFA for years for similar symptoms. I'll definitely be switching back. (BTW, a family member with COPD also tried Respiclick and found it less effective than the HFA).”

Guy Something · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2019

“The respiclick, like all other Proair inhalers is a joke. Do any of it's inventers actually have asthma?! Picture yourself, gasping for air in the middle of an asthma attack, and some fool hands you an inhaler that you have to forcibly suck the medicine out of. That's the respiclick in a nutshell. Abject stupidity.”

MP99 · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2016

“Have your doctor give you a real inhaler. A doctor told me about how you get so much more medicine with this thing. Not sure if that is incorrect or if the medicine is just ineffective, but either way, its not good.”

Oliviaestrada77 July 17, 2016

“I just read these reviews as I was no longer getting any relief from respiclick. I read someone's review stating they replaced their old respiclick with a new one and the new one worked. There is a design flaw for sure. I just opened a new one and it works now. I was about to set up a doctor appointment because I haven't been able to breath correctly for weeks. Seems like it can go bad at any moment. Not good. I will be switching as I don't have the money or the time to deal with a design flaw especially when it comes to my ability to breathe.”

Ascot May 19, 2020

“I'm allergic to the propellant in the CFC free Ventolin. I have to use a powder. I first used the GSK rotahaler with no problems. The powder is in a capsule that spun in the rotahaler as you breathe in. You knew if it worked or not. Breathing in the powder is no different to the puffer. It still has to get to your lungs. I saw a demonstration video of the Respiclick. I definitely DON'T want to use it. The fact you have to open the mouth piece each time to take a puff would be incredibly dangerous in an attack when you're trying to breathe and also trying to open/click the thing. Non-asthmatics designed it as asthmatics know better. I use an Easyhaler. You have to press to release the medication but once again you have no idea if the medicine came out as you can't always feel it when you breathe in. I found myself checking whether it was still working and you're never 100% sure if you got any and how much you got. I prefer the GSK rotahaler but they discontinued it.”

Queen Runkle · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2016

“Horrible ! My husband has asthma and his doctor switched him to the RespiClick and he gets little to no relief. With 1 or 2 hits on his old inhaler his lungs would open up, the wheezing would stop. With the RespiClick, it often takes 4 or 5 hits just to open up a tiny bit, often leading to a breathing treatment to get real relief. Why they would consider this a "rescue" inhaler is beyond me. Avoid this inhaler even if you get the "free" coupon. Not worth it.”

Zar · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2018

“I felt nothing after taking it. Always had to revert to nebulizer. Decided to open it up and found the powder in cluncky form. I had to smash it up back to powder. Afraid of using it when it's a life/death situation.”

Mthreetimes April 11, 2016

“I had asthma as a kid. I recently got bronchitis and my asthma returned. This inhaler should be recalled. It does not work. It is dangerous. I just found my girlfriends pro air hfa inhaler and it worked perfectly. I have been suffocating for 3 days on this horrible dangerous poorly designed product.”

Newyorkcity123 January 18, 2016

“I also switched to the respiclick. It was zero help. It did nothing to open my airways. I didn't work what so ever. The regular HFA works like a charm. I don't understand how so many people suffer from lung problems and the pharmaceutical companies make this medication so expensive. This medication should be on the $4 plan at Walmart and Target. I have to pay 50 every month which is expensive and that's with insurance.”

kkheflin3 · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

“This is a dangerous product! I had always used Albuterol spray for intermittent asthma. On a Sunday I had an asthma attack and was unable to find my inhaler and went to Urgent Care. They gave me a breathing treatment and a prescription for this ProAir Respiclick. That night I had another attack and was considering going to ER but first scrambled around house and thankfully found old inhaler with a few puffs left! The next day I went to my primary doctor who said she had heard so many terrible things about this product she wouldn't prescribe it! She gave me an RX for the regular spray Albuterol. I think everyone needs to report this to the FDA! When one is wheezing and unable to breathe this worthless powder won't go past your tongue and you don't even know it is working at all!”

Ben - Louisville, KY · Taken for 10 years or more May 15, 2017

“I have been on albuterol inhalers since the 80s. I went online to watch how to properly use this respliclick inhaler and quickly learned that medicine is actuated each time you open the cap and also not to let my lips block the air vent as it is right at the back of the mouth piece. Feeling equipped with good info I felt I was ready to go. Then came the moment I needed it... I opened the cap emptied my lungs the best I could (I was having an asthma attack so...could only do so much). Then I breathed in all I could...my lungs went into a vacuum (negative pressure) and they stayed that way until I released my lips from the device. Nothing left the inhaler and entered my lungs, not medicine, not air, nothing. I tried three times and the pain was so bad I don't I think I dare try again. After 3 hours with no relief I used my expired ProAir HFA and got instant relief. I am calling the FDA compliant line now.”

Bad Medicine 2016 · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2016

“With the old inhalers you could test fire it to make sure it was working. Now, how do you tell? I’ve used rescue inhalers for many years. The key word here is rescue. When I have an attack lose the ability to breathe deeply. When I use the ProAir RespiClick I can sometimes taste it on my tongue, just like with my old inhaler but I don’t get relief. The instructions say you have to wait over 5 minutes to get relief, but the medicine never seems to kick in. My doctor recommended this especially since there was a coupon.”

Gotscrewedbyproairrespiclick · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2017

“Got the inhaler for my son on Friday. Does not work , then pro air does not want to refund my money, but wants to replace their garbage product with another rubbish Pro Air Respiclick.. Big Pharm sucks”