User Reviews for Albuterol to treat Asthma, Maintenance (Page 2)

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil HFA Vospire ER

Albuterol Rating Summary

3.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance.

Reviews for Albuterol

Tookie · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “I do not like anything about this new RespiClick and want to get the original inhaler back. It’s not easy to use and it does not last long at all.”

7312 · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “Just. Awful. Period. Return as soon as you can.”

phil · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 19, 2020

“Started using albuterol inhalers about three years. Seemed to work fine but over time I noticed I was having certain neurological issues. Trembling, lack of coordination, headaches, random pains, lack of concentration, and other symptoms. Had a complete battery of neurological tests and nothing was found. Quit using the albuterol inhaler and the symptoms went away gradually after a few weeks. Has anyone else seen these kind of symptoms?”

Michigan Man December 30, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “I agree with all the other comments. My expired ProAir (with spacer) works 100X better as a rescue medicine than the do-nothing ProAir Respliclick. I found absolutely no relief from the $60 Respliclick. (My insured cost). Respliclick is a scam. Stick to the old inhalers if you want to breath.”

Christine · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 13, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “With the ProAir HFA I have found after using this product, it runs out, when there should be 30-34 doses left.”

JJ October 9, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “I absolutely, 100%, loathe this ProAir inhaler!!! Complete garbage. My insurance company tries to deny my Ventolin prescription (the inhaler that actually relieves my asthma symptoms) every year and tries to make me purchase this one instead instead. I honestly don't understand how Proair is still being sold, especially considering the negative reviews and comments regarding it or just the simple fact that it does not work.”

Awat · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “This inhaler is good when it works. After 60 puffs the inhaler clogs and will not spray anymore. It's not a good thing when you have chronic asthma and you are not sure if your fast acting inhaler is going to work when you need it. I will be talking to the doctor and insurance about switching to Ventolin again”

Addie64 · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “ProAir Respiclick had zero effectiveness for me. You would have to be a long distance runner to be able to inhale this powder into your lungs. What a waste. This was just another way for the company to get a patent for albuterol so they could make money. If I could give a minus rating I would. I got this drug due to a mixup with my insurance where they said they wouldn't cover the HFA. I think they got so many complaints and threats of lawsuits that they quickly changed their coverage options. I know I was definitely on the phone with them.”

Prekteacher April 3, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “This is absolutely the WORST inhaler I have ever used. I have tried several times over a period of several years and I always have the same terrible experience. The delivery system simple does not release the medicine for me. It takes several puffs before I can sense any medicine is even coming out. The pharmacy says it’s the same as Ventolin HFA but that has not been my experience .”

Rosey55 March 22, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “This inhaler is the worst that I have used so far. My insurance will not cover Ventolin unless I try some other brands first. I had an attack the other day, and went to use it. It didn't work, which I take part of the blame because I hadn't primed it that week. I went ahead and used another inhaler and was able to get relief. Then I cleaned the proair inhaler with water, and tried to prime it , and it didn't help that much. It's just too weak. I am now trying another brand, and if that doesn't work I'm going to request Ventolin.”

Me · Taken for 10 years or more March 2, 2019

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): “Ventolin seems to work the best for me. I used to use Proventil and that worked for a little bit, but then seemed to stop working. Ventolin consistently works well for me and I've been using it since around 2009. Unfortunately, my insurance company does not cover Ventolin at all. I have to pay full price for it which cost me $66 today. They want me to get ProAir and I don't even want to try it as I've read nothing but bad things about it, from the dispenser not working, to it running out after a few sprays, to the power clumping up inside the cannister rendering it completely useless even with a working dispenser. No thanks! I'd rather use what has been working for me. Why change something if it's working? I don't understand why my insurance company won't cover it anymore.”

Em · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “Its awful. You can't even tell if it's working. I don't think I can even breathe deeply enough to get the powder to come out. Even if it is coming out it's doing absolutely nothing for me. I paid $60 dollars for a useless piece of plastic.”

Jacqueline · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2019

Ventolin (albuterol): “Does not work have had this for months. I take it when I suffer from breathing on my bad days, 2-3 times those days but notice no effect. In the docs office they have given me rescue inhalers that work for me but this is what my insurance covers, I plan on trying to change when I go back.”

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “I cannot suck hard enough to get the powder out when I'm in need of "rescue". I probably go through about 5 "doses" before I feel like I got a dose and after all that the medicine doesn't help anyway. I got better results with the mist.”

JSea · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “3rd time getting this inhaler and it’s the 3rd time ProAir stopped administering the medicine early. This last time is the worst. Less than a week with 175 counters and it’s empty. Anyone have this???”

Anna November 10, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “This pump is a joke I just sprung $52 out of pocket on this and was so disappointed! DON'T BUY THIS”

Joe · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 6, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “I’m so afraid of having an asthma attack with this inhaler because I don’t feel any benefit and that’s probably because nothing is coming out. This is crazy!”

Tulip211 · Taken for 10 years or more October 4, 2018

“I have asthma that is triggered by allergies, stress, illness, and changes in temperature. Albuterol has worked well for years and has saved my life. I get an elevated heartrate and shaky hands for only a few minutes, but my lungs are instantly free and clear for hours after 2 pumps. I will never leave home without it.”

Krystal · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “It really doesn't work. I do not feel the powder release. I'm confused as to whether or not to take another inhalation. If I don't the problem will still be there and if I do I might overdosed. I have an appointment with my Primary Doctor in 2 days and will ask her to prescribe the albuterol I was taking before.”

Glory · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “Crummy product. DOES NOT WORK”

Poor dose delivery · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 25, 2018

Proventil HFA (albuterol): “I bought a very good scale and measured the canister before and after dosages. The weights varied by 40%.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “Why is this still on the market? The inhaler as I already did complain about years ago, does NOT puff adequately at all into the lungs or even the throat, it barely puffs into the mouth! Not enough medicine gets to the back of the throat or lungs!!! This is a weak inhaler - take this off the market!!”

Heideggar May 23, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “I love being awake for three days during allergy season because I can't breath. It's the best! Almost as great as the $60 I'll never see again for wasting on this placebo!”

Tommy May 4, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “Used to use albuteral for my reactive asthma, for when I occasionally smoke which I know I shouldn’t. Guess I’m going to have to stop because this stuff literally does nothing for me whatsoever even after like two times the dosage. This product is going to kill someone because of its lack of symptom relief. I’m happy/ disappointed to see so many other having the same issue”

Brad is breathing fine. · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “I specifically asked my Dr. to switch me off of the Ventolin inhaler to the ProAir inhaler. The Ventolin inhaler seems like it does not give a big enough puff, whilst the ProAir inhaler gives me a smooth problem free puff without having to take a second one.”