User Reviews for Acyclovir systemic

1 review 3 medications
Herpes Simplex - CongenitalNot rated - Be the first1 review 1 medications
Summary of Acyclovir reviews 8.4 129 reviews

Reviews for Acyclovir

For Herpes Simplex: "My fiance and I discovered, in the beginning of our relationship, that we both had genital herpes. My first outbreak was the ABSOLUTE worst experience, I was so sick. We suffered for 2 years, had constant breakouts and then finally we decided to both respectively take acyclovir. Doses are 800 mg tablet every day, and honest to goodness it was a miracle drug. We have been on it for 3 months now and except for an occasional itch here and there that lasts for a day and then goes away, neither of us have had the lesions or the terrible symptoms. We do not take it when we feel symptoms; instead, we take 800mg every day, possibly for the rest of our lives but that's okay so long as we never have to experience another outbreak!!"

Loved01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2018

For Cold Sores: "Its no exaggeration that cold sores on my lips has in a way, been ruining my life. It has ended relationships, and I've learned to become ashamed. I had a boyfriend in high school who kissed me with one and now I get them several times a year, and in the winter its back to back. Its horrible. But this drug is a life saver. I wake up with mine, no tingles. I blast them instantly with 2 at a time ever few hours, and by the end of the night the blisters will cease. What took a week to two weeks to heal now only takes days, sometimes its not even noticeable at all. I now take this everyday to prevent outbreaks. This is a huge relief in my life. I recommend for anyone who suffers like me!"

Lizz November 29, 2018

For Herpes Simplex: "taking 400mg once a day works for me to prevent outbreaks"

star (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2018

For Cold Sores: "I'm a 35 year old female who has suffered from cold sores for so long I have pictures of me as a 3 year old with them, almost every year book picture, me with a cold sore. Every period, stressed, every Holiday. I was prescribed Acyclovir at 33 years old after giving birth to my first child. I had an outbreak and worried about my son catching the virus from me (Herpes is dangerous/deadly for infants) as my mother was so irresponsible when I caught it young. It's amazing, I remember thinking as a small child If given 3 wishes, one would be never get Cold sores again. I'd been on it and hadn't experienced one in almost 2 years. I'm very grateful l I'd never experienced ocular or genital herpes and have great sympathy for those who do. Acyclovir is a miracle for me"

Hol (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2018

For Cold Sores: "I use this drug for the occasional cold sore that I get on and/or around my mouth. I live in Mexico and found this drug over the counter. Super sad to hear the cream costs $200 !! Here a 5g tube and 50 tabs of 400 mg tablets cost me a whopping $7 USD. I have a few different tubes so I can have it available if I ever feel a tingle. And since it’s so cheap if I see even a stranger with a cold sore I offer it to them. It is a miracle worker for me. If I am fortunate enough to catch it in time to take a pill it rarely goes to a full blister. And if it does it is contained to a very slight bump. For me it also relieves any discomfort."

Tammi (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2018

For Herpes Simplex: "After trying A LOT of different things Acyclovir is definitely what you need to be taking ASAP. As soon as you feel any tingling at all. If you are unfortunate enough to have reached the weeping sores phase I found the only thing to soothe the pain was salt water with black tea. Pop a tea bag in with hot very salty water and cleanse your intimate area once cool enough. Sounds mad but you'll thank me after!"

Hang in there (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2018

For Herpes Zoster: "I had herpes zoster in April 2017, was prescribed acyclovir 400mg x2 with anti-allergic tabs for seven days and was cured although after-effects were felt for long. Interestingly, I also got rid of another medical condition that had been bothering me for more than a year prior to the herpes attack. After one year, symptoms of old problem (not herpes) developed again. I told doctor about the effect acyclovir tabs had on it a year ago. But the doctor laughed away my observations and prescribed other medicines. When I didn't get relief even after my third visit to her, she reluctantly prescribed acyclovir tabs. I was completely cured after eight days. Before going public with full details, I would like to share it with manufacturers of acyclovir tabs. They may like to initiate some more research on this wonderful drug and arrive at a definitive conclusion vis-a-vis my observations. I may offer myself for clinical trials, if necessary."

kunnu (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

Zovirax (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Took one ten day course of this anti-viral over seven years ago and have never had even a hint of another fever blister symptom ever since. I felt better after first week, and remarkably stronger after completing the 10 day prescription . Next best thing to a cure."

Beloved Salsa (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

For Cold Sores: "This medication is great! I can't believe it works so fast.. I will definitely recommend it!"

Smiff (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2018

For Herpes Simplex: "Great drug .. it’s a shame the cream is so expensive. Tablet for relatively inexpensive. Why is the ointment so expensive?"

Denny May 6, 2018

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "My first outbreak was horrific. I could not walk for a week the pain was so unbearable. I laid in bed the whole time with cold packs between my legs and dreaded when having to use the bathroom because the pain was excruciating. I started this medication 4 days after I was infected and had symptoms. It did help and I have been on it for a couple of months now and no side effects. My doctor wants me to be on it for 2 years for suppressive therapy and then try to get off of it. She did inform me however that if I had several outbreaks, she had no problem putting me back on it. She assured me it was safe longterm. There have been times I have forgotten to take my meds and within a few days I have some symptoms, but then I start back up again and in a few days, I am feeling better. This medicine truly allows me to forget that I have HSV-2, other than when I take my meds. It’s been a miracle for me."

K. Turner (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I've had fever blisters since I was a child. When I was a teenager I got fever blisters a lot. As I got older usually just in the summer. About 4 years ago I was getting them every other month. Dr put me on 400mg twice daily. Have not had any in the last year and a half. What a difference its made in my life!"

pinky March 25, 2018

Sitavig (acyclovir) for Cold Sores: "Works wonders, but takes a full 24 hours of awkwardly sitting on my gums before dissolving."

Questeffa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

For Cold Sores: "16 years ago I was accidentally poked in my eye. The following day my eye flared up very inflamed and painful. I was diagnosed with viral keratitis (cold sore virus in the eye). About 5 years later they finally put me on zovirax tablets 800mg. I found them great. Didn't take long for to clear it up while also using zovirax eye ointment I have had less breakouts over the years compared to the 3 or 4 a year I had been experiencing before be I got prescribed this. These tablets were the answer to my prayers as it's extremely painful when I have an outbreak in my eyes. I currently have an outbreak and my doctor has me on 400mg five times a day as well as the eye ointment. I've found with this medication the breakouts are less frequent and the symptoms less severe. Also this is free for me as it's cover by medical card which is great. No side effects. For me I would highly recommend zovirax aka adviclor to anyone wanting to treat an outbreak"

Little old me (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2018

For Herpes Simplex: "For the last year I've been plagued with severe cold sore/herpes outbreaks around my lips, chin and nose. A never ending cycle of breakout, heal, breakout. After one day of using the cream and Acyclovir the large bump on the side of my lip flattened to the point of not noticing it. Day six and I haven't seen my face look this clear in years. One little teeny whitehead popped up last night below my lip but you can't tell its a herpes sore. It kind of seemed like a final whimper. If I could rate prior breakouts as a 10 for worst case scenario, this little guy would be a 1. And I'd even thank someone for it. One last thing, If you're insured look around for community health centers, call them and ask for a low cost pharmacy to fill your prescription. I've read online the same Zovirax cream prescription goes for $200, and Acyclovir anywhere from $80-200. I paid $100 for both. Do some research!"

ZoviraxQueen February 19, 2018

For Cold Sores: "Great medicine I've never experienced side effects that I'm aware of and took while pregnant."

Louisa bello February 1, 2018

For Herpes Simplex: "I had HSV-2 in my 20s. My doctor gave me a strong prescription of Zyclovair and I think it was for 30 days. I never had an outbreak again. The outbreak that I was seen for, was my first and only one and it was really quite bad. Now I am 49 without a herpes outbreak following the treatment."

MissCatLady (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2018

For Herpes Simplex: "I’ve been having cold sores since I was 12 on my lips and face. I tried everything and nothing would work. My doctor prescribed me this when he realized how serious it was. I was getting them sometimes one right after the other one! I’m supposed to take one gram a day, but I found that when I did that I still got them frequently. So I only take it when I feel a tingle , I take about 4 and it never comes out. What sucks is when I don’t get the tingle and I just wake up with a full blow on sore/sores. Overall medicine really helps though! Completely free with my insurance as well!"

Not bad (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 22, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "Been taking this medicine for two years with no outbreaks and no side effects. It's been life changing."

Happy31 September 14, 2017

For Cold Sores: "My experience is that I have had cold sores ONLY on my lips from age 6 to 35. I agreed to a 1st date...bam! I felt it. That is the key; take meds once 1st felt. I have no medical knowledge except I know what my body tolerates and what has been successful which may not be your best bet but be safe careful and consult you Dr b4 any treatment plan. 1. break up your pills in half for immediate absorbtion take 800mg every 2 hours to slam your system to alert it there's an issue and send in a 2nd round of 800 within 1st 4 hours 2. continue 800 for 2 days every 4 hours 3. apply Abreva or similar product on the sore at first sensation, while taking the meds so you are attacking the infection from inside (meds) and externally (creme on sore) 4 days"

FireFuad (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2017

For Herpes Simplex - Congenital: "Works well"

QZX August 15, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I just found out I had HSV. I have itching and burning sensation and the doctor put me on 200 mg daily. Will that be enough?"

anonymous1380 July 27, 2017

For Cold Sores: "Forget the "take two pills when you first feel the tingle" crap you hear from the doc. I nuke it with about 800mg tablets right away then another 800 every 4 hours or so for at least another 24 hours. The key is to bombard the virus before it has much of a chance to form vesicles, which is what ends up making these things ugly. There of course is a chance for side effects with this large of a dose but you need it as the bioavailability of acyclovir is about a third of valacyclovir (valtrex). Taking these things for an active cold sore any more than about 36 hours from onset of symptoms is pretty much a waste of time - put your efforts (and pills) into that time frame and you will be very happy with the results."

Luke Skywalker July 17, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "I'm 48 and I was diagnosed with genital herpes when I was 35. I started dating a new guy and within 2 weeks I felt horrible burning when I urinated. I went to my midwives and sure enough I had herpes. Funny thing is I wasn't with anyone prior to him and I was with him for 6 years and not once did he ever test positive. They actually claim I could have had it on my face touched it and touched my genitals without washing my hands and transferred it. The outbreaks are less and less over the years but when I feel one coming I take acyclovir 500mg 2x daily. It helps right away. And I use a squirt bottle with warm water as I urinated to help reduce the burning."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 1, 2017

For Herpes Simplex: "Good day to every one reading this, I am here to give my testimony about a herbal doctor called dr tokubo who helped me in my life. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX virus in 2015, i went to many hospitals for cure and they told me there was no solution for it, so I was thinking how i can get a solution so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution, Along the line a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX virus and gave me his email, so i mail him to order for his herbal medicine. After some series of questions fro"

lacybern6449 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017