User Reviews for Abreva

Learn more about Abreva.

Herpes Simplex 125 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Abreva reviews 125 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Abreva

For Herpes Simplex "So worth it. No product has helped except abreva. I put it on as soon as I realize I'm getting a cold sore and within 2-4 days its gone. Tip don't let your thing burst or this product can't help you. Only works if used before you pop the blister and the blister won't pop."

George l (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "This product does not work. At all. Do NOT spend money on this product!!!!! It works no better than a .99 cent chapstick. Complete waste of money!!!!!!!"

Cuttyj (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Absolute rip off and scam. You pay 20-30 USD for this. this medication is no better than hydrogen paroxide which actually gives you more superior results and costs you nothing at all. A bottle of hydrogen peroxide can last you for years and costs 50 cents. anti viral cream has no effect on virus I can assure you that."

The Physician August 21, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "This product didn't work. Felt a little bump in the morning, applied Abreva throughout the day. My blister is full blown. This product is garbage."

1976Pa (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I think this product works to some extent. It isn't a magic bullet for me, but maybe cuts down on the length of a cold sore by perhaps 2 days. It is quite expensive for the extremely tiny amount of product you get. I would caution against buying the pump version of this product, it dispenses far too much of the preciously priced cream and you end up wasting it. Buy the old fashioned squeeze tube instead and apply as directed."

Shane0001 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Did not work. I used it a day after I felt a small bump. I bought first thing in the morning, used it accordingly and did not see any quicker than usual improvement. Expensive for a very small bottle. I suppose it it did work for me it would be worth it and I would use it at least 3 cycles. However, it did nothing. My advice let it run its course. I'm day 12 now and it's almost gone. Not completely. Highly disappointed with the product."

Claire Davis August 14, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I have had cold sore all my life, and usually get them 1-2 times a year until I found Abreva about 8 years ago. It worked well for me, put it on a soon as i felt the tingle and the sore would never develop . However the past three times that i had a cold sore it did not help at all. the really weird thing is that the last three that i got came with no warning. i would wake up in the morning and boom it is already on my lip and developing. This one lasted for 8 days, i am planning to talk with my doc about something stronger."

Hollywood b August 9, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I bought this after I had my first breakout in years, it wasn't that bad but I had an event coming up and wanted it to be gone asap. So I go to the pharmacy buy this really expensive product, apply it just like the package said to and it got worse and took longer to completely heal. The cream was painful and just prolonged everything. I stupidly decided to give it another chance and the next time was even worse. After that I started having breakouts all the time, sometimes twice a month. I wrote the company and complained but no one bothered to write back. Since then I've been using high doses of vitamin c and it's awesome. I take 6000mg vitamin c right when I feel one coming on and it prevents it 99% of the time."

thelittlestfox August 2, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I had run out of Zovirax cream and was waiting a day or so on a refill from my dr. I was having a bad breakout with 4 on my lips, ugh!! I read a lot of reviews for Abreva and wish I went with my guy and not buy this crap (for $25 to boot)! Doesn't work whatsoever. One review said that they actually woke up the next morning with another sore - and so did I! So upset with this product I may write a letter to them demanding a refund."

Jenn1281 July 17, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I suffer from sold sores very often (couple of times per year), and usually I treat them with Zovirax, a Aciclovir cream. Apparently in the US, you need to have a prescription for it, which I didn't have the time and money for, so I bought the next best thing the pharmacist recommended to buy off the shelf. I was very skeptical at first, but I have to say IT WORKS! After 2.5 days, my cold sore is almost gone - that's faster than how it works with the Aciclovir cream! The cold sore got smaller each time applied the cream (I applied it more than 5 times a day), and I also started to use it after the blisters had appeared already. I can definitely recommend this cream!"

A. from Europe June 26, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I constantly get cold sores . I think it's because I lick my lips to often instead of using Chapstick. But I always keep two bottles of Abreva in my house. The price might throw you off. But it works miracles, gets rid of my blister in a day or two. Love it, can't live without it. Highly Recommend It to everyone !"

HeressAlex June 13, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Love this stuff. It is worth every penny. For me, not only did it reduce healing time significantly, I stopped getting cold sores almost completely. I used to get them all the time from kissing, heat, alcohol, etc. I have the scar tissue to prove it. Any reoccurrences of cold soars has been minimal and infrequent."

Ava 51 June 6, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I have tried it twice already. It did not speed up the healing process both times. It takes 10 days with or without Abreva. Waste of money."

Dude1985honest June 2, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I had a cold sore on the side of my mouth (not exaggerating) for two months ,it would start to heal then right before it would get better it would come back . I finally went and got some abreva after checking the reviews and it worked like a miracle in such a short time, I just could not believe it. I'm so happy with it, I'm here writing good reviews"

Ace1in May 29, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Works great! Really did speed up healing!"

BubbleGumPop May 16, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Felt a cold sore coming, went to pharmacy and started treating it. Thank God for Abreva, it's definitely sped up the healing process!"

Jfhvnc May 13, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Yesterday I felt the familiar tingle throbbing sensation and headed to my local drug store to buy a tube. They were out but had a generic brand. I passed and found another store that had Abreva. Although I didn't have a blister yet, I began using it right away and applied liberally. Now 24 hours later I have no more signs of cold sore coming and no blister. I think/hope I was able to stop it before it got started. I think the key was to start using Abreva before a blister appears. I have used it in the past after blister appeared and it did speed up healing time."

Dipstick May 10, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Every time I felt like I was about to get a cold sore, I used to use the Blistex. Recently, my brother used Abreva and told me it got rid of his in 2 days. And I just recently got a cold sore, but I didn't use any product on it the day I felt the tingle that means one is about to come, so the next day I woke up, and of course had a cold sore. I went to the store because I remembered that Abreva worked on my brother so I got the product$22. This is my second day using it and it is damn near gone I have been rubbing a little on and then put another dose on it and just let it sit there and soak, and once it dried, put another dose on top,and keep doing it. After a while, dab it clean with a hot was rag to clean it and let it breath a little.❤i"

Rosary420 (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Try abreva! It's most effective when used as soon as you feel a cold sore coming on. It's my go to and only when I fail to notice the cold sore start and then start using abreva does it not work as well. Abreva combined with prenatal, zinc, and l-lysine supplements you can knock out a cold sore within 3 days."

Raney9596 May 4, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Best product out there however dont buy the pump bottle it is very wasteful .It pumps out 4 times more than you need and the tip clogged overnight and hardens ,more waste.Its very expencive for the amount you get so no use to be wasteful .Buy the squeeze tube instead"

Joesk007 May 1, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Only downfall is price."

Bri24 April 28, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I started taking Abreva after my cold sore had surfaced so it was not as effective as it could have been. What I liked about It is from the 1st day I started using it, it was already working to shrink my cold sore. I felt like every time I used abreva it would get smaller and smaller. I would apply Abreva and then a small amount of concealer make up to the area, and no one noticed that I had a cold sore while I was in public. Very glad I spent the extra money and went with Abreva; ain't nothin like the real thing baby! The only knock I have is for that small tube a they charge $20! That is highway robbery. It should be twice the size for the price. @ the end of my 1 wk cold sore I was scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is inadequate."

Jayce in Oz (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "On Tuesday evening I felt the familiar tingle/pain. By morning a tiny blister had started to form on my lower lip, on my way to work I picked up a tube (non-pump) of Abreva. I applied it liberally all day. Package says 5 times a day, but I probably doubled that. I rub a tiny amount into the skin and then gob on more that sat on top. I haven't had any bad side effects from using more than it says, but this is just my experience. It is now Friday afternoon, the blister has shrunk and still not popped. It's practically unnoticeable. I can feel that it's slightly raised and it's slightly pinker than the surrounding skin, but it's very slight. No pain at all. fingers crossed it will be gone soon! Hoping for 5 days tops."

HMarieMarieMarie April 22, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "I am on my 2nd day using Abreva®, so far so good. I like how it numbs the area and stops the Itching. Very Relieving! In regards to "quicker healing", It has helped in avoiding a larger breakout. My breakout isn't as big and nasty as it gets without treatment so I am pleased so far, some things work different for others so I can only speak for myself but it never hurts to try!"

La Yekala (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2016

For Herpes Simplex "Every time I've used Abreva, it's knocked maybe 1 or 2 days off of the usual 10 days to 2 weeks of healing. I came here more to spread the word about LYSINE supplements. After tons of reading I heard about these pills and ran out to whole foods and bought super lysine (10$) after a very big breakout on my nose. I'm on day 5 and it's GONE. Yesterday I was able to conceal the healing very easily with makeup. Usually the experience of a cold sore breakout is traumatizing for me, putting it lightly. I could cry of happiness for finding these miracle pills. I took 600mg a day during my active infection, 500-1000mg for a week to make sure the infection is completely gone!"

Misses1234567890 (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016