User Reviews for Sitavig

Learn more about Sitavig.

Cold Sores 8 reviews 33 medications

8.6
Summary of Sitavig reviews 8 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Sitavig

For Cold Sores "I am a Derm nurse. I used the coupon, got mine free plus got samples from office. If you use it at first sign of a flare it's great. It is kind of messy and I had white medicine on my teeth. 1 pill better than taking Valtrex up to 5 days."

Mxyla November 21, 2016

For Cold Sores "I have had about four cold sores a year throughout my teens and through my twenties. My dentist had a Sitavig poster in his office and gave me a prescription when I asked about it. I got a cold sore over 4th of July while at the beach and quickly applied Sitavig. I didn't have any issues with tablet in my gum and was still able to eat and drink throughout the day. Best part was I didn't get a blister and haven't had one since. Copay for two tablets was $35 which I thought was fair for two treatments."

Greg1245 September 21, 2016

For Cold Sores "I get cold sores about every other month. I went to my Dermatologist and she gave a prescription for Sitavig. It sticks on your gum which is weird and takes getting used to, but she told me it is supposed to make you have fewer outbreaks. Sure enough, I went 5 months before my next one. When I saw her next I did complain that it took long time to dissolve. She said that was part of what made it work so well. Not sure how, but I will never go back to using my valtrex."

Nick1983 July 14, 2016

For Cold Sores "I have used this product for a year. The biggest problem with this medication is finding a pharmacy that can get it. I have only had to order it twice. The first time was from one big pharmacy. When I went to get it refilled, they couldn't get it. I then found a local small town pharmacy. I was able to order it one time, tried to re-order it and they can no longer get it. I WILL find another place to buy it. This is the only thing that I can honestly say works. I have had 4 flare ups in a year. Only one time did it not take it away within a few hours. And, that is because I didn't catch it soon enough. It does work better when you use it as soon as you feel a cold sore coming on. I highly recommend this pill if you can get it. Use the coupon."

Bobbiejd March 7, 2016

For Cold Sores "I took it to the pharmacy and I was told it was going to be $400. I called my dermatologist and they told me to use the rebate card and it should be $35. I went back to the pharmacy and sure enough after I insisted what the cost should be I got two tablets for $35. I have not had a cold sore in six months which is unusual because I usually get one every 2 to 3 months."

Brad1992 February 26, 2016

For Cold Sores "This medication is kind of cool. A tablet that can stick on your gums? My only complaint is that it takes a LONG time to dissolve- over 12 hours. If you've ever had braces, it's nothing, but just annoying especially when you try to eat, brush your teeth, or drink water. I'd recommend doing it right before bed if at all possible. Unfortunately, I took it a couple days after I got a cold sore since it's a prescription and you can't see most doctors immediately. I will say, I can tell the healing process happened quicker with this medication. The above comment is false, as several insurance companies will cover the majority of the cost. I paid $35 for two pills... (Not like that's cheap but definitely better than paying $300 or w/o insurance)."

E girl (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

For Cold Sores "$435.00 for 2 pills? My doctor had a coupon for $400.00 but still...It seemed to help some but not worth the money. Insurance would not cover."

whoozat July 3, 2015

For Cold Sores "Easy quick to use, expensive but the best product available. All insurance companies do not cover it which is very unfortunate."

Killthecoldsore (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2015