User Reviews for Paracetamol to treat Pain
Paracetamol has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 29% of those users who reviewed Paracetamol reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.
“Does not work. Made me more ill than I am”
“It is the ABSOLUTE WORST PAINKILLER to take when you have period pain. It does did not ease my period pain at all. I would not recommend it to anyone . DON'T TOUCH IT. I am very lucky now that I do not take Paracetamol anymore.”
Frequently asked questions
- What's the best sore throat medicine to use?
- Acetaminophen vs ibuprofen: What is the difference?
- Is it safe to take Ibuprofen (Advil) with acetaminophen (Tylenol)?
- Is acetaminophen the same as Tylenol?
- What is paracetamol called in the USA?
“I have found Tylenol and other equivalents to be relatively ineffective in reducing pain associated with my Degenerative Disk Disease (Neck Pain, Severe Headaches, Lower Back Pain). I have had some success with tramadol coupled with muscle relaxants, Tylenol with codeine and Vicodin (5 and 7.5 mg). I also had good results with Aleve, until I started to have stomach problems.”
“Administered an IV bolus of 600mg of Paracetamol to a patient in severe to moderate pain and patient suddenly started sleeping off but that was not expected so I checked and found the pulse unrecordable and BP not measurable. Quickly gave and IV bolus of saline and restored vitals and subsequently monitored patient for the next six hours. I think the effect of rapid administration IV should be hammered on.”
“Paracetamol has no pain- relief effect on me, whatsoever.”
“I had a headache and it didn’t help me one tiny bit just made my headache 100x worse”
- Is Tylenol (acetaminophen) a blood thinner?
- Cold, flu, hay fever, or COVID - Which one do I have?
- Is acetaminophen (Tylenol) an NSAID Drug?
- Is Tylenol (acetaminophen) an anti-inflammatory drug?
- Can I give my dog or cat Tylenol (acetaminophen)?
“Helps lower my blood sugar. I take 500 mg a day I live in the UK.”
This information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.
Learn more about Pain
Symptoms and treatments
Drugs.com Health Center
More about Paracetamol (acetaminophen)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- 15 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- FDA Alerts (14)