User Reviews for Percocet

Pain 8.8
Chronic Pain 8.4

Reviews for Percocet

Crackvenom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 4, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have three bulging disc and a big guy at 240 lb the Rhodes frond of oxycodone with acetaminophen 10-325 medications absolutely useless. They're like taking a placebo or just a regular Tylenol. My doctor said that some people's chemistry binds with the bodies chemicals incorrectly with the medication and makes it to the inert. Does zero. The other percocet brand that starts with an M, weird name worked to reduce pain by 50%”

Jinx342 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “If you find that this medication doesn’t help you, it could be your liver lacks the enzyme to break it down. This medication also made me feel depressed- and I actually am a very happy person- so I knew I wasn’t depressed, but couldn’t shake the feeling of flatness. Also, this medication did almost nothing for my pain from severe facet arthritis, DDD and stenosis. I found 40 minutes later it felt like I had to take it again - Thankfully my Dr switched me to something that does work, but I had a genetic test done for medication and found out I lack an enzyme to break the med down to the active form. I also found out that the reason for my mood problems is because this drug interacts with the Kappa receptor, which can cause dysphoria. Not great for me, but I know many people find relief with it. If you don’t or have the above experience- ask for a genetic test for pain medication- it is very helpful.”

MJ · Taken for 10 years or more May 16, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I’m a Disabled Veteran who has had 13 knee surgeries of these are included the removal of the patella in each knee and since 2015 my right knee has been replaced 2x I’m currently prescribed Percocet 5/325 at 2 per day. I find this medication is more than capable of controlling my pain.”

RnPj2000 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 9, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “Something needs to be done. 10 mg oxycodone 120 pills. Some are weaker and don't work on the pain. All out of the same bottle. Drug companies should be testing their products to make sure they are consistent! While some are weaker ( in same bottle) some are stronger. For some this could be dangerous.”

kobe · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 10, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I broke my back at 25 this drug, keep me going, it helps me with my anxiety as well make me more social and I can go to the gym and workout without pain. But my doctor only gives me 75 a month I go thru them in 20 days. But he won't give me more. Which sucks the new laws make it hard for people that actually need this drug, rappers glorify drugs and people that need them get screwed I get 5/325 . Miracle drug for some.”

Anonymous March 3, 2020

For Pain: “Taking 5/325 acetaminophen & oxycodone every 6 hrs for intense tooth pain after oral surgery. Had never taken an opioid before, this was truly a lifesaver for me. Took my pain from a 10 to a 3. Also taking 3 Ibuprofen every 6 hrs (alternating). My doc says if pain is brutal I can go to 10mg every 6 hrs, thats 2 pills. Im trying to avoid that but suffice to say this stuff works quite well for me. Pop a stool softener once in awhile.”

Ginger’s mom · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 1, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have multiple painful conditions such as DDD (cervical and lumbar), sacroilitis, sciatica, small fiber neuropathy, and have been recently diagnosed by my pain doctor with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. For years I have been prescribed one treatment or medication after another with poor results. I am now taking high doses of gabapentin for the nerve pain and 10/325 Percocet three times a day, and this is what keeps me functioning daily and working full time. If it wasn’t for Percocet I would most likely be bedridden and on disability.”

jackson October 16, 2019

For Pain: “I have taken percs before and the last time I picked up my script the pharmacy told me these may be made outside the US. Noticing some of the comments and people getting sick is it possible that those symptoms cause the ill effect from being made outside the country? Just an opinion...”

Tee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “I have 4 herniated discs was prescribed Percocet which took the edge off. I never went above prescribed dosage then drug store switched generic company to camber acetaminophen/oxycodone I felt sick, headaches vomited. I never knew you could be sold total garbage from Walgreen’s so never will go back there. Instead I will go to mom and pop drug stores mallinkrot maybe spelt wrong but they do work better”

Patty · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “I'm so sick on these new pills I got at Walgreens, I've been on generic percocet for many years and now I'm going through terrible withdrawals from this brand named MFG Camber. I agree with the others on this site - there is something wrong with this brand. I can't even get myself out of the bed. It is making me shaky, nauseous, unable to function. I'm about ready to go to a hospital if I don't start feeling better. Plus I'm sweating like I've never sweat before. Don't get these Chamber generic percocet...you will be sick as a dog.”

Kracker · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 2, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “This drug is a miracle for me but the government has made my life miserable. I get pain relief only on this- no high, no low, no sleepiness nothing but pain relief. I was on 75mg total a day with extended release and break through but they have forced me down to 40mg a day of only break through. I spend half my day sitting or lying down in pain until the pills kick in for about two hours. I will be seeking medical marijuana now”

jr · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2018

For Pain: “I paid $275.00 for 120 percocet pills from CVS in ravenna ohio. I just had back surgery and have not been on pain meds before surgery. I was prescribed 10/325 generic, they started to kick in about 20 minutes later, they only lasted about three hours. They are the worst pain meds I have ever taken , the rb percocet are garbage, call your pharmacy ask who their supplier is of that med, they usually will tell you. I asked the pharmacy if anyone else had complained they said yes, but the person said the get these pills really cheap. You would think all the money cvs makes they would care more for their customers, please beware.”

swilley351 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “I have had 4 spinal fusions due to a work accident over 20 years ago and this takes the edge off enough to go to the grocery and keep my home clean and myself and hygiene up to par which is all I asked the doctor for.”

CLJ · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2018

For Pain: “I was prescribed Percocet 10/325 after a surgery and found it to be extremely effective at relieving pain. For me, personally, the effects lasted around 7 hours, after which I'd usually have to re-dose, at least for the first week after the surgery. Similarly, I found it extremely effective at reducing pain from cluster headaches when a triptan wasn't effective. It's not a recommended treatment for cluster headaches, but I did find it useful as a very last resort. The only two "side effects" were the very pleasant (and often addicting) euphoria from the Oxycodone, and the unpleasant cravings I had for it after discontinuing use. Otherwise, I was very impressed with it.”

Kent July 31, 2018

For Pain: “I have been taking it for more than twenty years, and it has been a life saver. I had a spinal cord injury, with a brain stem injury in 1998. Since then, I take Morphine Sulfate three times a day, 30mg, as well as the Percocet, 10/325, and am allowed 4 per day. Sometimes it's hard to make it through the month. Sometimes I don't have enough to make it through the month!”

borluz · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2018

For Pain: “Was prescribed generic 10/325 after wisdom teeth removal and it made my recovery a breeze. Took one on a timer a few times a day, as advised by my surgeon, and it almost completely erased the pain. Only downside was that it wore off extremely suddenly (at least for me), so if I missed a dose I'd be met with excruciating pain around the 6 hour mark. I had no side effects other than constipation (which was easily taken care of by an OTC laxative) and pretty extreme drowsiness. I didn't mind that, though, because I needed the rest to properly recover anyway.”

Kcham001 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 27, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “Mallinkrodt - spelling may be off, but this is the best in effectiveness and efficiency. I’ve had no negative effects. If you have a choice, this is the best pharmaceutical company for generic Percocet.”

Ear Pain and WLS January 9, 2018

For Pain: “I had a very severe ear infection. So severe that my ear canal was closing. I went to my ear doctor, she placed a sponge in my ear canal to prevent it from fully closing. Fast forward, that same night, the pain was so unbearable I had to go to the hospital. I was also prescribed Percocet after my weight loss surgery. Mind you, I did not take my dosage every single time I felt pain. If I felt manageable pain, I laid down, didn’t do any strenuous activity and vice versus. The only thing that I made sure of was that if I took a dosage in public, that I was already on my way home because they knocked me out within 30 minutes. Also I did not drive. Never do drugs and drive, be smart about narcotic usage.”

Wefishn · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 27, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “With Degenerative disc disease (ddd) and previous broken back arthritis, worn out hip, I can't work without this med. It's what keeps me in work force. I get constipation, but eat fruits to counter that, I take as directed, to much clouds thought process”

Attract · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2017

For Pain: “Percocet made tonsillectomy pain go from 9/10 to 4/19 allowing me to sleep comfortably at night. It also works for my migraines as sleeping is the cure and the drowsiness effect makes it easy to sleep. Finally, my ear is swollen shut now and *very* painful, and Percocet eliminates most of the pain.”

Wca8806 · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2017

For Pain: “Was given after tonsillectomy a few months ago! Not sure if any pain medicine could cut the intensity of that but I felt like it was mediocre. Better than nothing, though!”

Lanag January 15, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “I have fibromyalgia for about 20 years now, I was taking symbalta, mobic and some other med. but they did not help. I take now Percocet for pain on really bad days and it helps a lot. Have no side affects. On days that I can tolerate pain I take Advil.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2016

For Pain: “I have an infected tooth with a dead nerve that needed a root canal. I got half the root canal done and need to wait for the infection to clear up. I'm taking major antibiotics but it's still taking a while and I'm in a lot of pain. The percocet has helped immensely. I waited too long to take it last night and had to take a trip to the ER for morphine! the morphine was not much different than the percocet. My problem was that I waited. I have been taking one every 6 hours which is says on the bottle but I think I need to do it every 5 hours. Hopefully that's ok to do. I'm also on 800 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours. I have not experienced any nausea but yes,I guess i am constipated but i have only been eating soup any way.”

Tomas59 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 4, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “I have had two knee replacement and the first operation there has been a problem with the prosthesis moving I have used Percocet 5 325 regularly to ease the pain this is more or less a Band-Aid until I have another surgery”

Kipkipjembe October 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain: “After breaking my back and being rated disabled because of the permeant nerve damage, and constant pain this is the only prescription that helps me lead as close to a normal life as possible. I have tried several other options and none have been effective. I was told to get in the best shape of my life and stay like that, so I am, but that just keeps me at a certain level of comfort. I hate being stereotyped into a group of users, I am not a user. When I have gone several weeks without it, day to day tasks are incredibly difficult. Being a college student, having my prescription is the only way I can sit and study. It allows me to put the pain in the back of everything and concentrate on studying. I do make sure i am not addicted.”