User Reviews for Percocet

Learn more about Percocet.

Pain 174 reviews 1123 medications

8.6
Chronic Pain 23 reviews 108 medications

8.5
Summary of Percocet reviews 197 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Percocet

For Pain "Was given after tonsillectomy a few months ago! Not sure if any pain medicine could cut the intensity of that but I felt like it was mediocre. Better than nothing, though!"

Wca8806 (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have fibromyalgia for about 20 years now, I was taking symbalta, mobic and some other med. but they did not help. I take now Percocet for pain on really bad days and it helps a lot. Have no side affects. On days that I can tolerate pain I take Advil."

Lanag January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have an infected tooth with a dead nerve that needed a root canal. I got half the root canal done and need to wait for the infection to clear up. I'm taking major antibiotics but it's still taking a while and I'm in a lot of pain. The percocet has helped immensely. I waited too long to take it last night and had to take a trip to the ER for morphine! the morphine was not much different than the percocet. My problem was that I waited. I have been taking one every 6 hours which is says on the bottle but I think I need to do it every 5 hours. Hopefully that's ok to do. I'm also on 800 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours. I have not experienced any nausea but yes,I guess i am constipated but i have only been eating soup any way."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have had two knee replacement and the first operation there has been a problem with the prosthesis moving I have used Percocet 5 325 regularly to ease the pain this is more or less a Band-Aid until I have another surgery"

Tomas59 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "After breaking my back and being rated disabled because of the permeant nerve damage, and constant pain this is the only prescription that helps me lead as close to a normal life as possible. I have tried several other options and none have been effective. I was told to get in the best shape of my life and stay like that, so I am, but that just keeps me at a certain level of comfort. I hate being stereotyped into a group of users, I am not a user. When I have gone several weeks without it, day to day tasks are incredibly difficult. Being a college student, having my prescription is the only way I can sit and study. It allows me to put the pain in the back of everything and concentrate on studying. I do make sure i am not addicted."

Kipkipjembe October 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "short-term OK for pain would not want to take long term I am a cancer survivor and my most of my body hurts all the time I have yet to find a pain medicine that is safe and effective and non-addictive that helps with this side effect of massive amounts of chemo it's been 6 years and I've been living in pain everyday I understand why Colorado and California legalize marijuana I don't smoke pot I used to. but if someone comes over with a joint I may take a hit and I will say that marijuana does help the pain I would not want to use as a recreational drug but it does help the pain better than any opiate that I've ever taken"

Scottimattii (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "My doc prescribed this for after having colitis. It dulls the pain but for 2 months had the worst constipation (with Colace) and groin pain I ever had in my life. Went to 5 docs and had over $1500 in CT scans and ultrasounds for pain. Doc misled me and said take it 24hrs a day. After about 2 weeks of agonizing pain, I came off it on my own. NO PAIN! Be very CAREFUL."

Loopy dawg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Whenever I am in pain, this is my go to medication. I have a back, shoulder, neck, and foot injury and by rights should be on this medicine for chronic pain. For right now I only take it very rarely so that it works when needed, to avoid a tolerance. Because I am not working I am able to deal with the pain, however when I go back to work, I will most likely have to go on this medication or a similar one full time. The only thing I do not like is the fact that many of these narcotic pain medications contain tylenol, asperin, or ibuprofin which makes your kidneys, liver and other organs go through unnecessary stresses. I prefer it to be just oxycodone and if I need the synergy of tylenol I can add it on my own."

Foxtrotz (taken for 10 years or more) June 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "My Rx 5/325. I had bilateral total knee replacement 12 weeks ago. Taking this totally helped me make it through this recovery period so far. I now take less than one a day and try to use Ibuprofen instead. My side-effects did not outweigh the benefits, but as you can see from reading the reviews, everyone has a different reaction. Mine are: constipation, so I took a laxative or suppository, slow reaction time, be extremely careful if you have to drive, if you can avoid driving, impaired/cloudy thinking, restlessness. When I go back to my desk job, I can take this during the day, but if you take at night, you may not sleep well. I plan to continue to taper off and use only when pain level above 5. Ibuprofen nighttime works better for sleep."

Me & my new knees May 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed this after gallbladder surgery. It works really well, although I feel kinda loopy on it."

Ashley Messina (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed this for pain following brain surgery. Take with food to prevent nausea. To avoid constipation, I took each dose with a stool softener and drank apple juice. Works good on the pain. But you do feel a little loopy on it."

Woman age 52 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have been on Percocet for 16 years I started out with low-grade Vicodin I have taken name brand with no problems when they switch me to generic I had some problems with the way they affected me they didn't seem to work as good but when they switch the generic brand to another generic brand I had an upset stomach and a very bad rash sometimes you have to take the name brand instead of generics even though they say the generics are the same they are not I could tell the difference but I have tried Oxycontin and had a very bad itching and a rash so I guess I'm stuck on then I have days I take more than I'm supposed to in the morning and do with out later but the pain is so bad it's almost suicidal"

bad pain (taken for 10 years or more) April 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was given Percocet recently after knee surgery. After about the 4th dose, I felt hyper, restless, nauseous and had very dry mouth. Worst side effect was extreme throbbing/stabbing lower back pain. I thought it was from just laying around but whenever I didn't take the Percocet I didn't have the lower back pain. Great for pain, but for me it's not worth the side effects I experienced."

Too many side effects for me (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I've tried absolutely everything from nerve pills to antidepressants to help my pain and this is the only thing that works. Of course my doctors. Want to take it away after 11 years because of all of the recent headlines."

Thank heavens for this! (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "A life saver, have used them for years when in any major pain (Broken or bruised ribs, broken ankle, major headache etc) They work miracles when taken properly. I usually take them every 4 hours to keep the pain away. 5/325"

PolishC (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "My experience was that this was the only medicine that helped severe pelvic pain. I started on low dose but had to take two. Two months in my doctor agreed to raise the dose to 10mg/325 ....... I was worried about the amount of tylenol. Long story short had hysterectomy few months later. Took 2 months to wean myself off by tapering. Total I was on percocet 7 months."

kimmy2758 February 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "It works"

Lf1228 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I recently had a 9 mm and 7 mm kidney stone between my kidney and bladder. Too large to pass so I had to have a stent placed to prevent blockage while waiting a week to go back for the procedure to break up the stones to a passable size. I had been given several types of pain meds through I. V. While in the hospital including some that were very powerful including duladid among others. I was sent home for 5 days while waiting for the procedure and was given percocet 10 / 325 1 every 4 hours. Without it I couldn't have tolerated the pain. Also had very limited side effects, nothing like what the I. V. Meds caused and I felt much safer taking it vs the other more powerful meds. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from kidney stones"

farmer john (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Ok so you probably want to take this with food. It made me EXTREMELY nauseous when I didn't. Works well for pain. While many pain meds make a person sleepy, this one has the complete opposite effect on me. It made me extremely energetic/hyper. I had overwhelming urges to "spring clean" the house, garage, and do things I had been putting off. The down side of that, however, is it interferes with my sleep and I can't take it at bedtime. It's ok for daytime pain for me."

Saraih (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was prescribed this medication after vaginal birth, 30 hours labor and a significant episiotomy. Medicine was a life saver. I have a very low pain tolerance and had almost no pain while taking this medicine. The cons were that I was extremely constipated and mentally was very out of it and even had some light hallucinations."

NewMommy2015 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Prescribed this after impacted wisdom teeth extractions. Eased pain a little, but the headache, sleeplessness, constipation, jitters and persistent nausea isn't worth it. Ibuprofen works much better without any side effects."

Marie1984 November 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have been on percocet for many years and it greatly helps my Chronic pain. Without it I wouldn't be able to walk! Only problems I have is constipation"

Mateo50 (taken for 10 years or more) October 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I just recently got this medicine for tooth pain. As I am going to dds for several issues.. My RX I 5/325. I've noticed it minimizes the pain but doesn't take it away. I also am going g thru major nausea sometime vomiting. It makes me so tired feeling and always thirsty feeling... I may need to just stick with motrin.. I will talk to her about this when I go for my next appt on tuesday"

Cng7708 October 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Works great for pain after knee surgery. Had a little constipation and upset stomach, but nothing too severe."

Greekman September 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I had a drug reaction and was back in hospital for 5-7 days and had hearing loss as a side effect"

Juice plus man (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015