User Reviews for Percocet

Chronic Pain
8.5

Summary of Percocet reviews 8.6 207 reviews

Reviews for Percocet

For Chronic Pain "This drug is a miracle for me but the government has made my life miserable. I get pain relief only on this- no high, no low, no sleepiness nothing but pain relief. I was on 75mg total a day with extended release and break through but they have forced me down to 40mg a day of only break through. I spend half my day sitting or lying down in pain until the pills kick in for about two hours. I will be seeking medical marijuana now"

Kracker (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 2, 2018

For Pain "I paid $275.00 for 120 percocet pills from CVS in ravenna ohio. I just had back surgery and have not been on pain meds before surgery. I was prescribed 10/325 generic, they started to kick in about 20 minutes later, they only lasted about three hours. They are the worst pain meds I have ever taken , the rb percocet are garbage, call your pharmacy ask who their supplier is of that med, they usually will tell you. I asked the pharmacy if anyone else had complained they said yes, but the person said the get these pills really cheap. You would think all the money cvs makes they would care more for their customers, please beware."

jr (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have had 4 spinal fusions due to a work accident over 20 years ago and this takes the edge off enough to go to the grocery and keep my home clean and myself and hygiene up to par which is all I asked the doctor for."

swilley351 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2018

For Pain "I was prescribed Percocet 10/325 after a surgery and found it to be extremely effective at relieving pain. For me, personally, the effects lasted around 7 hours, after which I'd usually have to re-dose, at least for the first week after the surgery. Similarly, I found it extremely effective at reducing pain from cluster headaches when a triptan wasn't effective. It's not a recommended treatment for cluster headaches, but I did find it useful as a very last resort. The only two "side effects" were the very pleasant (and often addicting) euphoria from the Oxycodone, and the unpleasant cravings I had for it after discontinuing use. Otherwise, I was very impressed with it."

CLJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Pain "I have been taking it for more than twenty years, and it has been a life saver. I had a spinal cord injury, with a brain stem injury in 1998. Since then, I take Morphine Sulfate three times a day, 30mg, as well as the Percocet, 10/325, and am allowed 4 per day. Sometimes it's hard to make it through the month. Sometimes I don't have enough to make it through the month!"

Kent July 31, 2018

For Pain "Was prescribed generic 10/325 after wisdom teeth removal and it made my recovery a breeze. Took one on a timer a few times a day, as advised by my surgeon, and it almost completely erased the pain. Only downside was that it wore off extremely suddenly (at least for me), so if I missed a dose I'd be met with excruciating pain around the 6 hour mark. I had no side effects other than constipation (which was easily taken care of by an OTC laxative) and pretty extreme drowsiness. I didn't mind that, though, because I needed the rest to properly recover anyway."

borluz (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Mallinkrodt - spelling may be off, but this is the best in effectiveness and efficiency. I’ve had no negative effects. If you have a choice, this is the best pharmaceutical company for generic Percocet."

Kcham001 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2018

For Pain "I had a very severe ear infection. So severe that my ear canal was closing. I went to my ear doctor, she placed a sponge in my ear canal to prevent it from fully closing. Fast forward, that same night, the pain was so unbearable I had to go to the hospital. I was also prescribed Percocet after my weight loss surgery. Mind you, I did not take my dosage every single time I felt pain. If I felt manageable pain, I laid down, didn’t do any strenuous activity and vice versus. The only thing that I made sure of was that if I took a dosage in public, that I was already on my way home because they knocked me out within 30 minutes. Also I did not drive. Never do drugs and drive, be smart about narcotic usage."

Ear Pain and WLS January 9, 2018

For Chronic Pain "With Degenerative disc disease (ddd) and previous broken back arthritis, worn out hip, I can't work without this med. It's what keeps me in work force. I get constipation, but eat fruits to counter that, I take as directed, to much clouds thought process"

Wefishn (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2017

For Pain "Percocet made tonsillectomy pain go from 9/10 to 4/19 allowing me to sleep comfortably at night. It also works for my migraines as sleeping is the cure and the drowsiness effect makes it easy to sleep. Finally, my ear is swollen shut now and *very* painful, and Percocet eliminates most of the pain."

Attract (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

For Pain "Was given after tonsillectomy a few months ago! Not sure if any pain medicine could cut the intensity of that but I felt like it was mediocre. Better than nothing, though!"

Wca8806 (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2017

For Chronic Pain "I have fibromyalgia for about 20 years now, I was taking symbalta, mobic and some other med. but they did not help. I take now Percocet for pain on really bad days and it helps a lot. Have no side affects. On days that I can tolerate pain I take Advil."

Lanag January 15, 2017

For Pain "I have an infected tooth with a dead nerve that needed a root canal. I got half the root canal done and need to wait for the infection to clear up. I'm taking major antibiotics but it's still taking a while and I'm in a lot of pain. The percocet has helped immensely. I waited too long to take it last night and had to take a trip to the ER for morphine! the morphine was not much different than the percocet. My problem was that I waited. I have been taking one every 6 hours which is says on the bottle but I think I need to do it every 5 hours. Hopefully that's ok to do. I'm also on 800 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours. I have not experienced any nausea but yes,I guess i am constipated but i have only been eating soup any way."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I have had two knee replacement and the first operation there has been a problem with the prosthesis moving I have used Percocet 5 325 regularly to ease the pain this is more or less a Band-Aid until I have another surgery"

Tomas59 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 4, 2016

For Chronic Pain "After breaking my back and being rated disabled because of the permeant nerve damage, and constant pain this is the only prescription that helps me lead as close to a normal life as possible. I have tried several other options and none have been effective. I was told to get in the best shape of my life and stay like that, so I am, but that just keeps me at a certain level of comfort. I hate being stereotyped into a group of users, I am not a user. When I have gone several weeks without it, day to day tasks are incredibly difficult. Being a college student, having my prescription is the only way I can sit and study. It allows me to put the pain in the back of everything and concentrate on studying. I do make sure i am not addicted."

Kipkipjembe October 24, 2016

For Chronic Pain "short-term OK for pain would not want to take long term I am a cancer survivor and my most of my body hurts all the time I have yet to find a pain medicine that is safe and effective and non-addictive that helps with this side effect of massive amounts of chemo it's been 6 years and I've been living in pain everyday I understand why Colorado and California legalize marijuana I don't smoke pot I used to. but if someone comes over with a joint I may take a hit and I will say that marijuana does help the pain I would not want to use as a recreational drug but it does help the pain better than any opiate that I've ever taken"

Scottimattii (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

For Pain "My doc prescribed this for after having colitis. It dulls the pain but for 2 months had the worst constipation (with Colace) and groin pain I ever had in my life. Went to 5 docs and had over $1500 in CT scans and ultrasounds for pain. Doc misled me and said take it 24hrs a day. After about 2 weeks of agonizing pain, I came off it on my own. NO PAIN! Be very CAREFUL."

Loopy dawg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2016

For Pain "Whenever I am in pain, this is my go to medication. I have a back, shoulder, neck, and foot injury and by rights should be on this medicine for chronic pain. For right now I only take it very rarely so that it works when needed, to avoid a tolerance. Because I am not working I am able to deal with the pain, however when I go back to work, I will most likely have to go on this medication or a similar one full time. The only thing I do not like is the fact that many of these narcotic pain medications contain tylenol, asperin, or ibuprofin which makes your kidneys, liver and other organs go through unnecessary stresses. I prefer it to be just oxycodone and if I need the synergy of tylenol I can add it on my own."

Foxtrotz (taken for 10 years or more) June 24, 2016

For Pain "My Rx 5/325. I had bilateral total knee replacement 12 weeks ago. Taking this totally helped me make it through this recovery period so far. I now take less than one a day and try to use Ibuprofen instead. My side-effects did not outweigh the benefits, but as you can see from reading the reviews, everyone has a different reaction. Mine are: constipation, so I took a laxative or suppository, slow reaction time, be extremely careful if you have to drive, if you can avoid driving, impaired/cloudy thinking, restlessness. When I go back to my desk job, I can take this during the day, but if you take at night, you may not sleep well. I plan to continue to taper off and use only when pain level above 5. Ibuprofen nighttime works better for sleep."

Me & my new knees May 21, 2016

For Pain "I was prescribed this after gallbladder surgery. It works really well, although I feel kinda loopy on it."

Ashley Messina (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

For Pain "I was prescribed this for pain following brain surgery. Take with food to prevent nausea. To avoid constipation, I took each dose with a stool softener and drank apple juice. Works good on the pain. But you do feel a little loopy on it."

Woman age 52 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I have been on Percocet for 16 years I started out with low-grade Vicodin I have taken name brand with no problems when they switch me to generic I had some problems with the way they affected me they didn't seem to work as good but when they switch the generic brand to another generic brand I had an upset stomach and a very bad rash sometimes you have to take the name brand instead of generics even though they say the generics are the same they are not I could tell the difference but I have tried Oxycontin and had a very bad itching and a rash so I guess I'm stuck on then I have days I take more than I'm supposed to in the morning and do with out later but the pain is so bad it's almost suicidal"

bad pain (taken for 10 years or more) April 22, 2016

For Pain "I was given Percocet recently after knee surgery. After about the 4th dose, I felt hyper, restless, nauseous and had very dry mouth. Worst side effect was extreme throbbing/stabbing lower back pain. I thought it was from just laying around but whenever I didn't take the Percocet I didn't have the lower back pain. Great for pain, but for me it's not worth the side effects I experienced."

Too many side effects for me (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Chronic Pain "I've tried absolutely everything from nerve pills to antidepressants to help my pain and this is the only thing that works. Of course my doctors. Want to take it away after 11 years because of all of the recent headlines."

Thank heavens for this! (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2016

For Pain "A life saver, have used them for years when in any major pain (Broken or bruised ribs, broken ankle, major headache etc) They work miracles when taken properly. I usually take them every 4 hours to keep the pain away. 5/325"

PolishC (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 12, 2016