User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 349 medications

8.7
Cough 5 reviews 786 medications

7.6
Pain 74 reviews 1094 medications

5.2
Summary of Tylenol with Codeine #3 reviews 82 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

For Pain "Have suffered with Fibro & arthritis for years. Nothing has helped, including Lyrica, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Nambutome. I was prescribed Tylenol3 in late Sept. Its now December & just one Tylenol 3 a day has helped remarkably, & eliminates Nambutome 2x day plus Xanax to help me sleep. Finally, something that helps & my PA is mortified to continue prescribing!!!"

Rinney December 4, 2016

For Pain "Have been taking T3 or T4 for post-surgery pain. Have discovered that as long as I take either one, my pain persists but once I stop MY PAIN GOES AWAY! Also found that NSAIDs increase the pain (had basal joint replacements in both thumbs). But I do have to say that both Ts are effective for my hip bursitis; just not worth the thumb pain when I take it. Hoping the MD can give me something for my hip that won't impact my thumbs..."

Granny Goose 75 October 20, 2016

For Pain "Today I got a root canal and wisdom tooth pulled, my mouth was throbbing! I took my Tylenol 3 like 20mins ago and the pain is gone."

Kayla Gil October 12, 2016

For Pain "It's been an hour and a half, took recommended dosage, it's done NOTHING."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

For Pain "I have chronic neurological pain as well as lower back/hip pain. As I have aged (I'm 52) dealing with chronic pain has evolved for me. In my 30's and 40's my primary care Dr at the time prescribed T3 as well as hydrocodone and morphine extended release. Have to say,my pain was obliterated, I didn't feel pain heck I didn't feel anything. I was a mess and had such a high tolerance that my daily life consisted barely getting up off the couch. Fast forward to the present. I now live in a different state and have a great new primary care physician. I have bee taking Lyrica for neurological pain in my feet- which didn't work well for me. So she prescribed Gabapentin 800mg twice a day and Tylenol 3 twice a day as needed."

Happyhousewife (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

For Pain "I need a root canal, given tylenol #3 until appointment, still in sooo much pain. Took two and still feel like havnt taken anything"

Jenna718 October 10, 2016

For Pain "Removed tonsil was very painful. By chance I found that Tylenol 3 and aspirin combined to remove ALL pain. I take aspirin regularly but it wears off in about 4 hrs. So my first T-3 acted in conjunction with the aspirin, then wore off. So I took another T-3 and nothing happened. I realized I needed another aspirin. I took another adult aspirin - the fire went away. Then I called my Dr. He said "We know that but we don't rec it because aspirin causes some to bleed. You've been taking it a long time and you don't bleed." Tylenol 3 will also stop a severe cough, where nothing else works, e.g., from bronchiectatsis."

jwwright September 9, 2016

For Pain "It is not strong but took away most of the pain but kept me awake. Percocet is better."

Drogosa (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

For Pain "Have infection in back Moller tooth. Was prescribe Tylenol #3. Contrary to most experiences' the meds did wonders!!! Don't know if I could have lasted in that pain. I've done grugs before for recreation so I know I have a tolerance, but meds still worked."

cutey (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Pain "Tylenol 3 is no good. It does not work at all and I can't sleep and is bad for the liver.was a waste of $."

31 yr old (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Pain "Sprained ankle. Took the pain away"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

For Pain "I took this after my breast reduction surgery for lingering pain. I can say that aside from serious constipation, this works great. I'd describe its effect as "doesn't really lower the pain level, but makes you not care that you're in pain". I definitely didn't want to take too much of it -- the constipation sucks, and feeling that "two drinks in" dizziness isn't exactly fun times -- but for what it was, it did the job."

Alexicography (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Pain "My wisdom tooth got infected(pericoronitis) and the left side of my face is currently throbbing. I was prescribed penicillin along with ibuprofen 600mg. The penicillin takes a few days to kick in and ibuprofen does absolutely nothing. I called the doc back and they prescribed Tylenol #3. At first I was excited to relieve my pain, but after about 2 hours into my medication I still felt no relief. I hate pills and generally don't take anything on a regular basis(2 Advil for headaches when they rarely occur) so I don't have a tolerance for medicine. Tylenol #3 did absolutely nothing for me. Might as well have not taken anything at all. Garbage!"

T3Hater August 2, 2016

For Pain "I fell on concrete and they called it a chest wall contusion. Fractures don't always show up on x-ray. They gave me tylenol 3 because if I wasn't moving, I had no pain. Well, it's been over a week and I tried to work my physical labor job...PAIN!! This med hasn't helped me much except for sleep. However, I did wake up at times in pain. Too much tylenol can do liver damage so be careful not to take to much."

Mospel July 21, 2016

For Pain "was prescribed this for dealing with pain after 4 of my wisdom teeth got extracted. all I can say is that the pain relief lasts very momentarily and I still feel absolutely awful after. tried doubling up and that didn't help much either. considering asking my doctor to put me on stronger medication, because this stuff hasn't worked wonders at all. I'm not excited to see how the next few days will pan out if this medication is barely able to hold my pain back."

ultraviolentjunglist (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2016

For Pain "Had a secondary molar extracted and was prescribed Tylenol 3 for pain. It has not alleviated the pain at all. I have a fairly reasonable pain threshold (had major abdominal surgery 1 year ago and didn't require this much pain management). Revisited the dentist today for pain (concern with possible infection or dry socket). All is healing well so I don't understand why the entire side of my face hurts. Don't recommend T3 for dental pain management. It's making me drowsy but that's it. I've had to take 1 every 4 hours and last dose I doubled up and took 2. Still didn't help. I don't think it's made any difference at all :("

AAK82 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

For Pain "I was prescribed this medication after returning to work 3 weeks after a moderate ankle sprain. I am alternating 800 mg of Motrin and 1000 mg of Tylenol every 6 hours around the clock, so basically I am taking something every 3 hours and icing/elevating my ankle when pain meds are due. It has been 2 months since my injury and am still in severe pain, I have had to modify my work schedule and I basically sit around doing as little as possible to rest. I am on my feet at work for 12 hours at a time, in a walking boot, which is also causing me lower back and hip pain. After I come home for work, I take 2 Tylenol #3 and it does nothing. I do not take pain medicine often, but this is providing 0 pain relief and makes me very nauseated."

Still.In.Pain (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

For Pain "I am currently taking this medication for moderate pain reduction. I hurt my wrist by falling on concrete stairs. It does reduce the pain and works very well. The only downside is stomach upset, nausea, and extreme sleepiness. I do not have any kind of narcotic tolerance. This medicine is for minor to moderate relief of pain, and should be used as such. This medicine in my book scores a 8 out of 10 points for managing moderate pain. Highly recommend."

Medicinereviewchick May 23, 2016

For Pain "Firstly it took me a while to fall asleep even though I was drowsy when I turned off my light. And I woke up almost every hour. I already have sleep problems but this pill made them much worse."

Cincha April 7, 2016

For Pain "I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage last week, but I had no external symptoms. I waited a week and still no bleeding. So my ob/gyn prescribed for me misoprostol (Cytotec) which induces contractions and therefore bleeding etc. I was given Tylenol 3 to take to reduce the pain. I had excruciating pain from the contractions to the point that sometimes I could hardly move or talk. I took 400 Advil (Iboprufen) and felt a little better. I know the Tylenol 3 had no effect on me because it didn't even make me sleepy, not even a bit. n.b. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't use drugs and therefore I don't believe I have tolerance to any narcotics. Regular Tylenol never works for my kind of pains anyway."

IsabelleRJ March 20, 2016

For Pain "Broke my hand - t3 had 0 effect on me. Had 3 wisdom teeth taken out - guess what? still no effect. Don't waste your time."

Wish I could rate 0 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Pain "Have an infected tooth was prescribed 600mg ibuprofen alternating with tylenol every 6 hrs (3pm take one type 6pm take the other sort of thing) and T3s with Codeine for over night to help me sleep. Took 1 t3 at 1pm and I'm wide awake at 2am in agony from the pain and waiting for my next ibuprofen to kick in. T3S are crap!!!"

Dental pain Nightmare January 10, 2016

For Pain "I had gotten this medication after herniating a disc is my lower back. I only got minimal pain relief after taking 1 pill and decided to take 2 at night as the prescription states "1 to 2 pills may be taken". I ended up with moderate - severe upper stomach pain and slight chest discomfort. I also noticed that as I would fall asleep, I would wake up suddenly with a feeling of having to catch my breath. This lasted for hours. It did however only slightly relieve my pain which Is why I rated it 2 stars. I will not be taking this again."

Meta82 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Pain "I got bucked off my horse on sat and had to go to the ER I can barely move and they gave me this for pain and I haven't had one once of relief from pain all it does is make me sleepy"

Shill5848 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

For Pain "I just had an tooth extraction #13, was prescribed Tylenol 3 and it barely worked. I've taken two within 6 hrs and nothing has happened. Instead I feel more pain and it's causing me a severe headache. Will go back to my oral surgeon to see if I can get something stronger. What a waste!!!"

Prettyp December 4, 2015