User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Tylenol with Codeine #3 Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1847 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3 to treat Pain

"I fell on concrete and they called it a chest wall contusion. Fractures don't always show up on x-ray. They gave me tylenol 3 because if I wasn't moving, I had no pain. Well, it's been over a week and I tried to work my physical labor job...PAIN!! This med hasn't helped me much except for sleep. However, I did wake up at times in pain. Too much tylenol can do liver damage so be careful not to take to much."

Mospel July 21, 2016

"was prescribed this for dealing with pain after 4 of my wisdom teeth got extracted. all I can say is that the pain relief lasts very momentarily and I still feel absolutely awful after. tried doubling up and that didn't help much either. considering asking my doctor to put me on stronger medication, because this stuff hasn't worked wonders at all. I'm not excited to see how the next few days will pan out if this medication is barely able to hold my pain back."

ultraviolentjunglist (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2016

"Had a secondary molar extracted and was prescribed Tylenol 3 for pain. It has not alleviated the pain at all. I have a fairly reasonable pain threshold (had major abdominal surgery 1 year ago and didn't require this much pain management). Revisited the dentist today for pain (concern with possible infection or dry socket). All is healing well so I don't understand why the entire side of my face hurts. Don't recommend T3 for dental pain management. It's making me drowsy but that's it. I've had to take 1 every 4 hours and last dose I doubled up and took 2. Still didn't help. I don't think it's made any difference at all :("

AAK82 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

"I was prescribed this medication after returning to work 3 weeks after a moderate ankle sprain. I am alternating 800 mg of Motrin and 1000 mg of Tylenol every 6 hours around the clock, so basically I am taking something every 3 hours and icing/elevating my ankle when pain meds are due. It has been 2 months since my injury and am still in severe pain, I have had to modify my work schedule and I basically sit around doing as little as possible to rest. I am on my feet at work for 12 hours at a time, in a walking boot, which is also causing me lower back and hip pain. After I come home for work, I take 2 Tylenol #3 and it does nothing. I do not take pain medicine often, but this is providing 0 pain relief and makes me very nauseated."

Still.In.Pain (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

"I am currently taking this medication for moderate pain reduction. I hurt my wrist by falling on concrete stairs. It does reduce the pain and works very well. The only downside is stomach upset, nausea, and extreme sleepiness. I do not have any kind of narcotic tolerance. This medicine is for minor to moderate relief of pain, and should be used as such. This medicine in my book scores a 8 out of 10 points for managing moderate pain. Highly recommend."

Medicinereviewchick May 23, 2016

"Firstly it took me a while to fall asleep even though I was drowsy when I turned off my light. And I woke up almost every hour. I already have sleep problems but this pill made them much worse."

Cincha April 7, 2016

"I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage last week, but I had no external symptoms. I waited a week and still no bleeding. So my ob/gyn prescribed for me misoprostol (Cytotec) which induces contractions and therefore bleeding etc. I was given Tylenol 3 to take to reduce the pain. I had excruciating pain from the contractions to the point that sometimes I could hardly move or talk. I took 400 Advil (Iboprufen) and felt a little better. I know the Tylenol 3 had no effect on me because it didn't even make me sleepy, not even a bit. n.b. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't use drugs and therefore I don't believe I have tolerance to any narcotics. Regular Tylenol never works for my kind of pains anyway."

IsabelleRJ March 20, 2016

"Broke my hand - t3 had 0 effect on me. Had 3 wisdom teeth taken out - guess what? still no effect. Don't waste your time."

Wish I could rate 0 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

"Have an infected tooth was prescribed 600mg ibuprofen alternating with tylenol every 6 hrs (3pm take one type 6pm take the other sort of thing) and T3s with Codeine for over night to help me sleep. Took 1 t3 at 1pm and I'm wide awake at 2am in agony from the pain and waiting for my next ibuprofen to kick in. T3S are crap!!!"

Dental pain Nightmare January 10, 2016

"I had gotten this medication after herniating a disc is my lower back. I only got minimal pain relief after taking 1 pill and decided to take 2 at night as the prescription states "1 to 2 pills may be taken". I ended up with moderate - severe upper stomach pain and slight chest discomfort. I also noticed that as I would fall asleep, I would wake up suddenly with a feeling of having to catch my breath. This lasted for hours. It did however only slightly relieve my pain which Is why I rated it 2 stars. I will not be taking this again."

Meta82 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

"I got bucked off my horse on sat and had to go to the ER I can barely move and they gave me this for pain and I haven't had one once of relief from pain all it does is make me sleepy"

Shill5848 (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

"I just had an tooth extraction #13, was prescribed Tylenol 3 and it barely worked. I've taken two within 6 hrs and nothing has happened. Instead I feel more pain and it's causing me a severe headache. Will go back to my oral surgeon to see if I can get something stronger. What a waste!!!"

Prettyp December 4, 2015

"got my top and bottom wisdom teeth on my right side removed. I was prescribed T3's and they suck! I'm in so much pain! Haven't slept because I physically can't! Hurts so much :("

chexamoaniem (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015

"I've been on different types of medication for pain even Tylenol 3 and that still don't do anything"

KRITTER 512 November 5, 2015

"I got one impacted wisdom tooth out and another regular tooth out and I must say it doesn't help at all. Regular Tylenol usually doesn't help at all either. This stuff is useless, I'm still in agonizing pain"

Wisdom Tooth Pain Person (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

"I have a heel spur and plantar fasciitis in the same foot, Dr decided to give me tylenol #3 for the pain. I can't even tell if I even took anything. No better than regular tylenol."

EG519 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

"I got my 4 wisdom teeth out and the pain was unbearable! I don't handle pain very well but 1 t3, and 2 Advil made me not feel pain or anything! And the t3s made me very sleepy so I could rest!"

Worked awesome (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

"Had a wisdom tooth removed . Was in severe pain until I took one pill and it worked effective and quick. No longer in pain and feeling better"

annadesert2010 September 29, 2015

"Helped with the pain after getting 4 impacted wisdom teeth out, but only when taken with ibuprofen. Problem was, after about 2 days of a single pill every 3 hours or so, I vomited for another 2-3 days."

VomitingVictor (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

"Lower back pain: not helpful"

Micky19 August 23, 2015

"No different than regular Tylenol which does nothing for me."

BackPain 79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2015

"Did NOTHING for my broken ankle concerning pain."

KRoach (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

"My lower left teeth were in pain and my left jaw became swollen, I was in terrible pain and went to my dentist for an emergency. Turns out I had an infection. I was prescribed tylenol 3 for pain and boy did it work wonders, also the codiene helped to relax me from the facial pain. I recommend this to anyone who like myself, doesn't take pills on a regular basis. Some people have a tolerance to low dose pain medications, so I think this why T3 gets the shaft from heavy pill takers."

Jewel Costa July 13, 2015

"I would say by itself this doesn't work very well but if you take it with an anti inflammatory like Advil or something it works better. I took this for a severe ear infection and while it didn't totally make the pain go away, it made it more tolerable."

Janea (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2015

"I have needed to get my four wisdom teeth pulled out for 2 years now. And just on this medication until surgery. My mandible which is my lower jaw and gums are very swollen and infected not so much pain in my upper areas in my mouth. My dentist prescribed me Tylenol #3 with codeine and antibiotics . Tylenol #3 is a joke it does not help with my pain at all it just makes me very drowsy. When I do rest the pain is still severe."

Localoca May 28, 2015