User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Tylenol with Codeine #3 Rating Summary

4.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1807 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3 to treat Pain

"I have a cavity that is deep into the root of my tooth that is causing me a lot of pain went to dentist and they are going to end up pulling it. But in the mean time gave me Tylenol with codeine and it won't even touch the pain!"

Becca92 February 20, 2018

"I have really bad pain/fibromyalgia/osteoarthritis possibly. My pain doctor prescribed me this pill, and it has been a godsend. The only side effect I get, is nausea. I take a Zofran if it’s bad, it really helps my pain. It helps me function in life again."

queencarol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2018

"I have chronic lower back pain with scoliosis and some lumbar area degenerative disease. Tylenol 3 is the only drug that my Drs will prescribe. The problem is it keeps me awake all night. I consequently use it sparingly and I live in pain. I had an epidural today and pray for some relief when meds kick in."

Lucyhipp (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2017

"I have been having severe pain due to an infection in my cheek from my wisdoms. I went to the Emergency because it was on a weekend that I experienced this pain and was prescribed T3's and Amoxicillin for the infection. After taking 2 T3's and waiting an hour, the pain still seems to be throbbing. I don't know if it works for different people or what, but I am for sure disappointed and frustrated"

Adriana1234 December 4, 2017

"Have been given this several times for pain, and it never does anything for the pain. The only thing these cause is exhaustion, so I guess they would be good for sleeping."

Anonymouz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2017

"Tylenol with Codeine #3 does nothing for me.. plain aspirin is more effective. I have been prescribed Codeine several times, many times even, over my lifetime, and each time. It seems as if I took nothing at all. I don't know why, but I just shake my head and even laugh, when they prescribe it.. After trying it yet again, thinking it was just a mistake, or they made it better.. again, it does absolutely nothing to relieve pain. I take several of them, and usually about halfway through the prescription, given me by the doctor, I switch to plain aspirin, to get some relief from pain."

Joseph777 (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

"Tylenol 3 did not work for me. I was suffering from unbearable pain from a tooth infection that kept me up all night. after 30mins the pain did not go away. After 1 hour still no relief. I wouldn't recommend this medicine to anyone."

T3 October 12, 2017

"Suffered a SAH (sub-arachnid brain hemorrhage 7 years ago and have been taking T-3's regularly in order to deal with post incident headaches, which can be quite sudden onset primarily due to exertion at work (lots of physical work in agriculture sector). Headaches are caused by blood trapped in my cerebral spinal fluid until it can break down small enough to pass back through the membrane - zanthochromas. After taking this dosage of up to 6 tablets a day I was quite concerned about my liver functionality, however I just was tested pre-op for rotator surgery and was pleased to still have 97% functionality. Ask your dr.for a functionality test in order to make an informed decision before continuing it's use, it may not be adverse for you."

brent7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2017

"My two front teeth were progressively getting worse in pain from two nights ago when I had hit my teeth really hard. 7/10 pain scale last night/this morning - To the point where no toothache remedies were working anymore, including OTC pain medicine (which never worked from the start). Was prescribed Tylenol 3 this morning from the dentist as we wait to do a root canal on one tooth, the other tooth may just be bruised as it shows no sign for a root canal needed. It has been 2 hours and the medicine has extremely barely done anything. Waiting on doc to approve better medication."

Natalala August 7, 2017

"Took literally 45 minutes to kick in when I have severe debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and I had a bad fall, went to ER gave me this while I went in for x-ray still no relief. Finally 45 mins I can feel my pain slightly go away."

Hippie11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

"I was prescribed Tylenol with codeine for when my gallstones act up. Well it does nothing for me. This last episode of pain woke me up out of my sleep, took my Tylenol with codeine and 30 minutes later, no relief. To top it off, because I had no relief from the pain I ended up puking.....ugh! I'm better off with the ibruprofen 600mg I have from the birth of my son."

Gallymommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

"After I was discharged from intensive care, I reported no pain, and no pain killers were given previously. After given Tylenol 3 in liquid form, and I started to experience pain with an extra large headache. The pain was in my eyes, temples, and ears not to mention throat. I got cold and my legs started to shake. Then I experienced more swelling in my throat than before, but I thought that this was post op normal. After the second dose I started to panic quietly inside and I couldn't get liquid Advil out of my mind! The nurse only had tablets, so my husband arrived and rushed me to the pharmacy to get some Chldrens liquid Advil, and 30 minutes later I was pain free! I'm not touching my prescription for Tylenol 3 and will tell the doc ASAP."

Post Tonsilletomy Girl (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

"I have had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago. To deal with the pain after my numbing injections wore off, I was prescribed Tylenol 3. When I got home, the pain from the operation was already starting to kick in, so I took one at 5 pm (which was when I got home) in hope of relieving my pain before trying to get to bed. I sat there in pain for the next 12 hrs, taking another pill every 4 hrs, and not a single bit of pain relief or drowsiness came to my aid."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

"Post abdominal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repairs and bladder lift. I was prescribed toradol 10mg scheduled every 6 hours with tylenol 3 every 4-6 as needed. As long as I don't go any longer than those minimum times I do okay with about a 4 pain level. I haven't been pain free yet but I guess that's to be expected.....tylenol 3 has worked ok but does start to wear off towards the end of the 4 hours. I must wait....it is a shame though that there is so much abuse of narcotic strength drugs like norco...they are extremely effective for post surgical pain....they are very addictive and Drs don't even like prescribing them much anymore"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

"After gallbladder surgery was prescribed this for at home pain management (I can't take Vicodin) and while it definitely kicks in after about 30 minutes it wears off way too fast. Halfway through my wait till the next dose timeframe pain is in full swing again. Ugh."

AllieRayFLA January 11, 2017

"Fractured two fingers and did absolutely nothing for the pain"

Jessfm December 13, 2016

"I have chronic pain due to Endometriosis and trust me, not pleasant at all but with this medication, it helps. It may not be as strong as I would like it to be but I'm ok it does something. I just don't want to rely on pain meds because of my daughter. However, it times of great overwhelming pain, I take one of these and a ambien and I'm out cold. Upside is I met my out of pocket and deductible so its free till end of year."

EndoBlows (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2016

"Have suffered with Fibro & arthritis for years. Nothing has helped, including Lyrica, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Nambutome. I was prescribed Tylenol3 in late Sept. Its now December & just one Tylenol 3 a day has helped remarkably, & eliminates Nambutome 2x day plus Xanax to help me sleep. Finally, something that helps & my PA is mortified to continue prescribing!!!"

Rinney December 4, 2016

"Have been taking T3 or T4 for post-surgery pain. Have discovered that as long as I take either one, my pain persists but once I stop MY PAIN GOES AWAY! Also found that NSAIDs increase the pain (had basal joint replacements in both thumbs). But I do have to say that both Ts are effective for my hip bursitis; just not worth the thumb pain when I take it. Hoping the MD can give me something for my hip that won't impact my thumbs..."

Granny Goose 75 October 20, 2016

"Today I got a root canal and wisdom tooth pulled, my mouth was throbbing! I took my Tylenol 3 like 20mins ago and the pain is gone."

Kayla Gil October 12, 2016

"It's been an hour and a half, took recommended dosage, it's done NOTHING."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

"I have chronic neurological pain as well as lower back/hip pain. As I have aged (I'm 52) dealing with chronic pain has evolved for me. In my 30's and 40's my primary care Dr at the time prescribed T3 as well as hydrocodone and morphine extended release. Have to say,my pain was obliterated, I didn't feel pain heck I didn't feel anything. I was a mess and had such a high tolerance that my daily life consisted barely getting up off the couch. Fast forward to the present. I now live in a different state and have a great new primary care physician. I have bee taking Lyrica for neurological pain in my feet- which didn't work well for me. So she prescribed Gabapentin 800mg twice a day and Tylenol 3 twice a day as needed."

Happyhousewife (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

"I need a root canal, given tylenol #3 until appointment, still in sooo much pain. Took two and still feel like havnt taken anything"

Jenna718 October 10, 2016

"Removed tonsil was very painful. By chance I found that Tylenol 3 and aspirin combined to remove ALL pain. I take aspirin regularly but it wears off in about 4 hrs. So my first T-3 acted in conjunction with the aspirin, then wore off. So I took another T-3 and nothing happened. I realized I needed another aspirin. I took another adult aspirin - the fire went away. Then I called my Dr. He said "We know that but we don't rec it because aspirin causes some to bleed. You've been taking it a long time and you don't bleed." Tylenol 3 will also stop a severe cough, where nothing else works, e.g., from bronchiectatsis."

jwwright September 9, 2016

"It is not strong but took away most of the pain but kept me awake. Percocet is better."

Drogosa (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016