User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Learn more about Tylenol with Codeine #3.

Tylenol with Codeine #3 Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1857 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3 to treat Pain

"I was prescribed Tylenol with codeine for when my gallstones act up. Well it does nothing for me. This last episode of pain woke me up out of my sleep, took my Tylenol with codeine and 30 minutes later, no relief. To top it off, because I had no relief from the pain I ended up puking.....ugh! I'm better off with the ibruprofen 600mg I have from the birth of my son."

Gallymommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After I was discharged from intensive care, I reported no pain, and no pain killers were given previously. After given Tylenol 3 in liquid form, and I started to experience pain with an extra large headache. The pain was in my eyes, temples, and ears not to mention throat. I got cold and my legs started to shake. Then I experienced more swelling in my throat than before, but I thought that this was post op normal. After the second dose I started to panic quietly inside and I couldn't get liquid Advil out of my mind! The nurse only had tablets, so my husband arrived and rushed me to the pharmacy to get some Chldrens liquid Advil, and 30 minutes later I was pain free! I'm not touching my prescription for Tylenol 3 and will tell the doc ASAP."

Post Tonsilletomy Girl (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago. To deal with the pain after my numbing injections wore off, I was prescribed Tylenol 3. When I got home, the pain from the operation was already starting to kick in, so I took one at 5 pm (which was when I got home) in hope of relieving my pain before trying to get to bed. I sat there in pain for the next 12 hrs, taking another pill every 4 hrs, and not a single bit of pain relief or drowsiness came to my aid."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Post abdominal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repairs and bladder lift. I was prescribed toradol 10mg scheduled every 6 hours with tylenol 3 every 4-6 as needed. As long as I don't go any longer than those minimum times I do okay with about a 4 pain level. I haven't been pain free yet but I guess that's to be expected.....tylenol 3 has worked ok but does start to wear off towards the end of the 4 hours. I must wait....it is a shame though that there is so much abuse of narcotic strength drugs like norco...they are extremely effective for post surgical pain....they are very addictive and Drs don't even like prescribing them much anymore"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After gallbladder surgery was prescribed this for at home pain management (I can't take Vicodin) and while it definitely kicks in after about 30 minutes it wears off way too fast. Halfway through my wait till the next dose timeframe pain is in full swing again. Ugh."

AllieRayFLA January 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Fractured two fingers and did absolutely nothing for the pain"

Jessfm December 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have chronic pain due to Endometriosis and trust me, not pleasant at all but with this medication, it helps. It may not be as strong as I would like it to be but I'm ok it does something. I just don't want to rely on pain meds because of my daughter. However, it times of great overwhelming pain, I take one of these and a ambien and I'm out cold. Upside is I met my out of pocket and deductible so its free till end of year."

EndoBlows (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have suffered with Fibro & arthritis for years. Nothing has helped, including Lyrica, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Nambutome. I was prescribed Tylenol3 in late Sept. Its now December & just one Tylenol 3 a day has helped remarkably, & eliminates Nambutome 2x day plus Xanax to help me sleep. Finally, something that helps & my PA is mortified to continue prescribing!!!"

Rinney December 4, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have been taking T3 or T4 for post-surgery pain. Have discovered that as long as I take either one, my pain persists but once I stop MY PAIN GOES AWAY! Also found that NSAIDs increase the pain (had basal joint replacements in both thumbs). But I do have to say that both Ts are effective for my hip bursitis; just not worth the thumb pain when I take it. Hoping the MD can give me something for my hip that won't impact my thumbs..."

Granny Goose 75 October 20, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Today I got a root canal and wisdom tooth pulled, my mouth was throbbing! I took my Tylenol 3 like 20mins ago and the pain is gone."

Kayla Gil October 12, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It's been an hour and a half, took recommended dosage, it's done NOTHING."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have chronic neurological pain as well as lower back/hip pain. As I have aged (I'm 52) dealing with chronic pain has evolved for me. In my 30's and 40's my primary care Dr at the time prescribed T3 as well as hydrocodone and morphine extended release. Have to say,my pain was obliterated, I didn't feel pain heck I didn't feel anything. I was a mess and had such a high tolerance that my daily life consisted barely getting up off the couch. Fast forward to the present. I now live in a different state and have a great new primary care physician. I have bee taking Lyrica for neurological pain in my feet- which didn't work well for me. So she prescribed Gabapentin 800mg twice a day and Tylenol 3 twice a day as needed."

Happyhousewife (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I need a root canal, given tylenol #3 until appointment, still in sooo much pain. Took two and still feel like havnt taken anything"

Jenna718 October 10, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Removed tonsil was very painful. By chance I found that Tylenol 3 and aspirin combined to remove ALL pain. I take aspirin regularly but it wears off in about 4 hrs. So my first T-3 acted in conjunction with the aspirin, then wore off. So I took another T-3 and nothing happened. I realized I needed another aspirin. I took another adult aspirin - the fire went away. Then I called my Dr. He said "We know that but we don't rec it because aspirin causes some to bleed. You've been taking it a long time and you don't bleed." Tylenol 3 will also stop a severe cough, where nothing else works, e.g., from bronchiectatsis."

jwwright September 9, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It is not strong but took away most of the pain but kept me awake. Percocet is better."

Drogosa (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have infection in back Moller tooth. Was prescribe Tylenol #3. Contrary to most experiences' the meds did wonders!!! Don't know if I could have lasted in that pain. I've done grugs before for recreation so I know I have a tolerance, but meds still worked."

cutey (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Tylenol 3 is no good. It does not work at all and I can't sleep and is bad for the liver.was a waste of $."

31 yr old (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Sprained ankle. Took the pain away"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this after my breast reduction surgery for lingering pain. I can say that aside from serious constipation, this works great. I'd describe its effect as "doesn't really lower the pain level, but makes you not care that you're in pain". I definitely didn't want to take too much of it -- the constipation sucks, and feeling that "two drinks in" dizziness isn't exactly fun times -- but for what it was, it did the job."

Alexicography (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My wisdom tooth got infected(pericoronitis) and the left side of my face is currently throbbing. I was prescribed penicillin along with ibuprofen 600mg. The penicillin takes a few days to kick in and ibuprofen does absolutely nothing. I called the doc back and they prescribed Tylenol #3. At first I was excited to relieve my pain, but after about 2 hours into my medication I still felt no relief. I hate pills and generally don't take anything on a regular basis(2 Advil for headaches when they rarely occur) so I don't have a tolerance for medicine. Tylenol #3 did absolutely nothing for me. Might as well have not taken anything at all. Garbage!"

T3Hater August 2, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I fell on concrete and they called it a chest wall contusion. Fractures don't always show up on x-ray. They gave me tylenol 3 because if I wasn't moving, I had no pain. Well, it's been over a week and I tried to work my physical labor job...PAIN!! This med hasn't helped me much except for sleep. However, I did wake up at times in pain. Too much tylenol can do liver damage so be careful not to take to much."

Mospel July 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"was prescribed this for dealing with pain after 4 of my wisdom teeth got extracted. all I can say is that the pain relief lasts very momentarily and I still feel absolutely awful after. tried doubling up and that didn't help much either. considering asking my doctor to put me on stronger medication, because this stuff hasn't worked wonders at all. I'm not excited to see how the next few days will pan out if this medication is barely able to hold my pain back."

ultraviolentjunglist (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had a secondary molar extracted and was prescribed Tylenol 3 for pain. It has not alleviated the pain at all. I have a fairly reasonable pain threshold (had major abdominal surgery 1 year ago and didn't require this much pain management). Revisited the dentist today for pain (concern with possible infection or dry socket). All is healing well so I don't understand why the entire side of my face hurts. Don't recommend T3 for dental pain management. It's making me drowsy but that's it. I've had to take 1 every 4 hours and last dose I doubled up and took 2. Still didn't help. I don't think it's made any difference at all :("

AAK82 (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this medication after returning to work 3 weeks after a moderate ankle sprain. I am alternating 800 mg of Motrin and 1000 mg of Tylenol every 6 hours around the clock, so basically I am taking something every 3 hours and icing/elevating my ankle when pain meds are due. It has been 2 months since my injury and am still in severe pain, I have had to modify my work schedule and I basically sit around doing as little as possible to rest. I am on my feet at work for 12 hours at a time, in a walking boot, which is also causing me lower back and hip pain. After I come home for work, I take 2 Tylenol #3 and it does nothing. I do not take pain medicine often, but this is providing 0 pain relief and makes me very nauseated."

Still.In.Pain (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am currently taking this medication for moderate pain reduction. I hurt my wrist by falling on concrete stairs. It does reduce the pain and works very well. The only downside is stomach upset, nausea, and extreme sleepiness. I do not have any kind of narcotic tolerance. This medicine is for minor to moderate relief of pain, and should be used as such. This medicine in my book scores a 8 out of 10 points for managing moderate pain. Highly recommend."

Medicinereviewchick May 23, 2016