User Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3 to treat Pain

Tylenol with Codeine #3 has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 120 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 31% of those users who reviewed Tylenol with Codeine #3 reported a positive effect, while 48% reported a negative effect.

Tylenol with Codeine #3 Rating Summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 1436 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Tylenol with Codeine #3

Al March 15, 2021

“Had 8 extractions today due to infection spreading through my jaw as well as a dental fistula (popped abscess) drained in 2 different spots. Antibiotics, TEC 3, and Ketorolac Tromethamine 10mg. So far the Tec 3 have done well and kept me comfortable. Just happy I don't have to cuddle up to an ice pack to sleep now. Don't read too much everyone reacts different to meds especial if they contain an opioids.”

Sugar Baby · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2021

“Went to the hospital for my toothache and Doctor gave me Ibuprofen 800 mg which is always a joke because it does nothing for pain. Thought it would get any better by going to my Dentist office & she gave me nothing at the office visit but ex-ray that showed wisdom tooth was the causing for pain that feels like someone is trying to take my gums and teeth out without a care at all. I have been crying like a baby. It feels like my head is going to explode. And she prescribed me Tylenol 3. Just took the third one and still waiting to see what relief I will get.”

nick · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2021

“It doesn't work on me, doesn't take my pain away at all or help me sleep.”

Capt EO · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

“Docs are so scared to give pain meds these days. I understand but damn if you need them you need them. I had a spinal fusion and lamonectomy and they give me T3 (Tylenol with codeine #3). I mean, really? I'm in pain. Like can't move from my bed kind of pain and I get T3, what has happened to the world.”

Rebel · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

“My wisdom tooth came in and shattered and I've been in immense pain. I was prescribed tylenol 3 and it doesn't take the pain away, it doesn't even take the edge off. I just want to scream because it hurts so bad. I can't even close my mouth anymore.”

Ash March 3, 2020

“I am experiencing VERY BAD tooth pain to where I feel like crying. I was prescribed tylenol #3 so I took it and it did absolutely NOTHING for my pain. That was a complete waste of my money. I will be going back to taking the advil and tylenol combo.”

My name is Jeff · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

“I had a severe tooth ache and my dentist gave me a prescription of this tylenol with codeine, not many but just to ease my pain. It worked miracles I do not see it's habit forming but the pain is gone when I take two a day, in 6 hour intervals.”

Owie July 26, 2019

“Had two molars extracted today. Prescribed T3s for pain. May as well take children's aspirin. Hurting horribly right now. I had 4 children with no pain meds. I know pain and t3s do nothing for me. Damn”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2019

“I have a dry socket from right lower molar extraction and was prescribed this medication for the severe pain. This pain is unbearable and Tylenol with codeine does nothing for it. If I could give this a 0 I would. I don’t know why this is still on the market Advil did more for me.”

Adam4x4 · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

“Prescribed Tylenol with codiene for pain following tooth extraction. Made me feel buzzed but did nothing about the pain. Do not take it and drive or use machinery. I thought it might help me sleep but before I could fall asleep I started itching really bad so no, not good for that either. It's really a waste of money.”

Jewel Costa July 13, 2015

“My lower left teeth were in pain and my left jaw became swollen, I was in terrible pain and went to my dentist for an emergency. Turns out I had an infection. I was prescribed tylenol 3 for pain and boy did it work wonders, also the codiene helped to relax me from the facial pain. I recommend this to anyone who like myself, doesn't take pills on a regular basis. Some people have a tolerance to low dose pain medications, so I think this why T3 gets the shaft from heavy pill takers.”

Jojo · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2019

“I was prescribed Tylenol with codiene T3 for a bad toothache that I’ve been having. It was due to cavity deep in my tooth which was a root canal. It stopped hurting after a couple of minutes and the pain isn’t on the tooth anymore so relieved!!”

Manny · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2019

“I have been on pain medicine for about 2 decades, due to pain caused by a motor bike crash. Broke my leg in three parts and crushed ankle etc. At first they put me on many pain medicine like morphine, oxy and many others but I got very addicted to them due to my severe pain. So my doctors started cutting down slow and they started using Tylenol 3 and therapy. So now it has been over two decades and I am taking 6 Tylenol 3 a day with therapy. I am doing okay. I have to admit there is days that I have severe pain that Tylenol 3 relieves my pain a little. My advice for you out there that will have to take pain killers (that is what I call them) for a very long time, before you would get out of control with them, go for therapy to know how to have self control over them.”

BreeB · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2014

“My husband and I suffered the loss of our baby (7/2/14) and I needed a D&C the following day due to severe blood loss and I was on Percocet 5/325's for 1 week and then lowered to Vicodin 5/325's and I went to my FP and he prescribed Tylenol 3's for my menstrual cramps. He said to take it with 3-4 ibuprofen. Tylenol 3's hardly ever work for me. When taken in combination together, they work great.”

Toothache2003 · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

“I got all four wisdom teeth out two days ago and was prescribed this medication by the specialist I saw. The actual procedure went well, but as soon as I got home (about an hour post-op), the throbbing pain in my upper and lower jaw began. I was unable to sleep the first few hours, then slept for about two during the night. The second day was worse, I wasn’t able to sleep at all and the second night I began throwing up. I am awake now, in pain on the third day. Switching to normal Advil to hopefully get some pain relief. :(”

Becca92 February 20, 2018

“I have a cavity that is deep into the root of my tooth that is causing me a lot of pain went to dentist and they are going to end up pulling it. But in the mean time gave me Tylenol with codeine and it won't even touch the pain!”

Zink · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2020

“I was given this in the hospital when the pulmonary embolism It had shifted very painfully. Helped get me from a pain level or 6 or 7 down to a reasonable 1 or 2. Had been given Norco and even morphine previously but they where so strong I slept over 18hours a day. Would definitely recommend Tylenol with codeine to someone in moderate pain.”

daily chronic pain August 10, 2013

“I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled.”

Zegota June 14, 2018

“First I must let you know I have a congenital disability that has become more severe as in pain and at my age of sixty-seven. I am some what more concern over my pain medication, which has today became a much more challenging issue in obtaining. Anyway, it is almost impossible for me to obtain good pain medication without jumping through many hoops, which I am sure some of you are now experiencing . Boy would I love to discuss that issue with you, anyway I have found that Tylenol with Codeine #3 is somewhat easy for me to get a prescription for, and it will work well with my Methadone I am now on for pain. So, sure I do believe Tylenol with Codeine is a good choice, it is very affordable, and for us with pain, it is for now. Somewhat less challenging to get our hands on, I just wish the medical model and those in control of our pain medication understand, they are actually harming us with severe pain. We don't sell our medication, because we need every pill...good luck friends.”

Anonymous June 13, 2011

“I have suffered from chronic joint pain my entire life. After trying almost every non narcoticoption there is, I finally was prescribed Tylenol #3. I had been given Vicodin in the past by an NP (despite not really wanting it), and had not found it to be effective. The codeine though has made a huge difference. I haven't had any of the negative effects with it (stomach pain, dizziness, etc) but have gotten a huge amount of pain relief. It isn't extremely strong, it won't take me from a 10 to a 0, but it will get me to a bearable 1 or 2.”

BenF77 May 25, 2010

“I suffer from chronic hip pain for several years now and have been prescribed a variety of narcotics to manage my pain. I must say that Tylenol #3 (2 pills every 4-6 hours as needed) provides enough relief to get me through the bad days and not feel "doped up" so I can still function at work.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2017

“I have had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago. To deal with the pain after my numbing injections wore off, I was prescribed Tylenol 3. When I got home, the pain from the operation was already starting to kick in, so I took one at 5 pm (which was when I got home) in hope of relieving my pain before trying to get to bed. I sat there in pain for the next 12 hrs, taking another pill every 4 hrs, and not a single bit of pain relief or drowsiness came to my aid.”

Christine · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2018

“I had two root canals done two days ago. I was prescribed ibuprofen 800 for pain and an antibiotic. I am in so much pain from one of the teeth. My whole mouth, jaw and ear hurt. I’m in agony. I called for a better painkiller and got Tylenol 3 with codeine. It’s not working at all. It’s Sunday so I have to wait until tomorrow. I thought Tylenol 3 would help but it’s not”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2015

“Got my wisdom tooth removed. I had a surgical procedure because my tooth was impacted. I had to take 3 pills within 6 hours. It barely worked, the side of my face is still throbbing and in pain. I couldn't take more because of the acetaminophen. Going back to the dentist tomorrow to get something stronger instead.”

AAK82 · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2016

“Had a secondary molar extracted and was prescribed Tylenol 3 for pain. It has not alleviated the pain at all. I have a fairly reasonable pain threshold (had major abdominal surgery 1 year ago and didn't require this much pain management). Revisited the dentist today for pain (concern with possible infection or dry socket). All is healing well so I don't understand why the entire side of my face hurts. Don't recommend T3 for dental pain management. It's making me drowsy but that's it. I've had to take 1 every 4 hours and last dose I doubled up and took 2. Still didn't help. I don't think it's made any difference at all :(”

Jay123123123123232 October 26, 2012

“I have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, causing headaches, jaw pain, and swelling. I take 2 pills at once every eight hours and it takes about an hour to kick in, and it lasts about an additional 6 to 7 hours.”

Melijerry13 · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2014

“Had a bout of awful Strep Throat , pain in my left side of throat as well as left ear , excruciating pain for me to swallow! Doc first prescribed Naproxen , didn't do nothing for me except make me want to vomit and stay nauseous after I'd even try to eat something, prescribed me some Tylenol 3 with codeine and within 30 mins of having a moderately somewhat full tummy I feel the great effects of it already, less pain, but will be using until my Strep has cleared and pain has gone so we will see if the effect still lasts after a few days!”

Vsykes · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2013

“Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there. ”

More about Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine)

Other brands