User Reviews for Excedrin Migraine

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Excedrin Migraine.

Excedrin Migraine Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 126 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Excedrin Migraine to treat Migraine

"Excederin migraine is a lifesaver. I HAVE to have it in my medicine cabinet now after discovering it about 9 months ago. I get DEBILITATING migraines. I can’t move, I can’t talk, I throw up like crazy. I just don’t know what to do. My mom went and got me this and it was seriously the only thing that relieved my migraine and continues to be!"

Iklhiopd November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer frequent migraines, with opthalmic migraines as well. When my migraines are hormone-related, this works really well. However, if the migraines are weather-related, these must be combined with mucinex or a Sudafed. Overall, I find Excedrin Migraine to be more effective than prescription migraine medicine. IT REALLY WORKS!!!"

Treattimers August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Most of the time the medicine works, a few days ago it didn't, at all touch the pain. It was so severe I thought I had a stroke. Left side of my body went numb. And I was in the E.R. For nine hours with an IV in and went through 4 two liter bags of magnesium and prescription strength migraine relief before it went away. I had a CT done and everything. It ended up being a severe complex migraine. So if the Excedrin is not working for you, call doctor ASAP to prevent this from happening. I couldn't talk, move very well, or was even really consciously aware of what was going on. It was so painful, and that kind of migraine mimics a stroke, so If you get nervous about a headache do NOT be afraid to call your doctor and see what you should do."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The pharmacist recommended to try this new drug as it would be more efficient then the one I was already using. I tried it last weekend and it did NOTHING, the headache didn't lower and the nausea didn't go away neither."

Gina86 June 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 20 years old and get the worst migraines. As soon as I feel a migraine coming onset I take 2 excedrin and within 20-30 minutes I feel great. No other medication combats my migraines like excedrin does. Thank the lord for this medication!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm a 44 yr old woman that just started to suffer from daily headaches 2 yrs ago. Got the MRI - etc etc etc. All clear. These migraines mainly cause a "bouncy" feeling and slight vertigo. I can feel the throbbing on my pillow and tinnitus. Lovely - huh? Somehow I manage to sleep pretty well because I've learned to stop worrying about it. Tried Tylenol - Advil- then Exedrine. Exedrine is the only one that helps. I take just one. It reduces any pain and helps the vertigo a little bit. And feel the benefits for a couple days. I try not to take more than one or two pills PER WEEK. I hate meds. Anyway- I love this stuff."

Magstermagoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from daily migraines and usually have to take Maxalt once or twice a day and 600mg of Advil to help relieve pain. I was looking for an alternative so I don't run out of Maxalt since I take it at least 5 times a week and only get 9 pills a month. I've extended the life of them by receiving a 10mg prescription and cutting them in half. Either way, I tried Excedrin Migraine today to relieve the onset of a Migraine - I thought if I caught it early enough that the medication JUST might work. I might as well have eaten a bag of skittles. This did nothing to stop my migraine, it only sped up my HR so I couldn't rest and felt jittery for hours on end. I ended up having to take a Maxalt anyway. This is clearly not an option for me."

DailyMigraineSufferer January 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get about 4 migraines/tension headaches per month and have since I was a kid. If caught early enough, I can make do with just caffeine pills and an aspirin, but when things get bad I'm reaching for my Excedrin migraine. I've timed it to 20-25 minutes to fully take effect, if it works. Sometimes, though, it is not quite strong enough and I have to use other methods to calm the pain (dark room, ear plugs, pressure points, etc). My migraines have no aura to speak of- just a little bit of wooziness as a warning- and nausea is mild, so mainly concerned with the pain and accompanying sensitivity to light and sound. Excedrin helps with those at least."

Works most of the time (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is a wonder drug. I was an avid Advil user for years. Then one day the pain just wouldn't go away. My mom suggested excedrin migraine and I've never looked back. Within 15 minutes that awful pain is gone. 1-2 pills depending on how bad the pain is and you'll be feeling better in no time!"

Sully17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm a 44 yr old female who rarely got headaches except for occasional sinus headache. But for over a year now, something in my body has changed- with persistent pain on top and back of head with vertigo and tinnitus. I'm not a pill popper and avoid even OTC drugs as much as possible. However, these horrible migraines have had me reaching for Advil in all forms, Tylenol and Exedrine. Exedrine Migraine has been the ONLY pill that works. I take just one. I feel the tightness and wrenching/throbbing disapate within 15 mins. For me- the benefits last into the next day!!! Just one pill! I will feel a slight pang of pain every couple hours, for a few seconds, but 95% of the pain is gone. (I'm working on the vertigo/tinnitus)"

Magsterly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For the last few months, I have suffered from debilitating menstrual migraines. I got a bad one today, and I was literally crawling on the floor in agony. I had throbbing pain and nausea. This knocked it out completely in about 45 minutes. No pain med I've tried has worked like this."

Tperry44 October 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a migraine sufferer and have been a test subject to many new migraine medicines over the years. When I don't have my doctor subscribed migraine medicine with me the best average day migraine medicine for me to take is excedrin. If I take it early on before the migraine gets to bad it will usually get rid of it but if I take it to late it will only reduce the pain but not eliminate it. But overall it is a very affective migraine medicine."

Ryanjoe August 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My migraine won't go away after taking Excedrin migraine and I literally want to die."

Destinymiranda August 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I LOVE Excedrin migraine, it's literally the only OTC pain reliever that completey gets rid of my migraines. Advil, and Tylenol just does not even touch my migraine to relieve it, but this is definitely my favorite migraine cure, gets rid of tension, light sensitivity, and all... I suffer chronic migraines due to genetics, and this I highly recommend for anyone suffering a bad migraine"

badkitty90 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Couldn't live without this OTC. It works 90% of the time to completely get rid of my migraine headaches."

VBChris (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from chronic migraines. Without a preventative medication (Topamax) I get them five to seven times a week. While taking Topamax I get three to five a month, so it is a vast improvement. Still, when they hit I need relief from the pain and Excedrin Migraine is NOT it. I am leaving this review so that others who do not respond well to Excedrin know they are not alone. These pills don't even begin to take the edge off the pain and the caffeine dose only makes my nausea worse. For the record, I experience two different types of migraine; one with light aura and one without. Excedrin doesn't help either."

Hooves (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Love excedrin migraine. I have been a migraine sufferer for 40 years. Ibuprofen doesn't touch the pain, light sensitivity. But, excedrin migraine usually knocks it down within 25 minutes begore the nausea sets in.I truly hope they never discontinue this product. My son gets migraines too and also swears by excedrin migraine."

Hudsongrl (taken for 10 years or more) May 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I get migraines pretty often and excedrin migraine does the trick each time! It is very affordable and works like magic. Within 20 minutes the pain is pretty much gone. I throw up when I get a really bad migraine and if you take this along with a little something to eat you will be better in no time! I recommend this product to anyone who suffers from migraines."

Migraine hater (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug has honestly changed my life. I have been suffering from migraines since I was 9 years old and nothing helped. I tried everything. Advil, aleve, tylonel, weed, basically every drug in the book as well as napping. At best, it would relieve some of the pain temporarily but nothing cured it. I would have migraines for days at a time completely debilitating my life. A few months ago, I was lucky enough to discover migraine excederin and it is absolutely outstanding. No matter how severe the migraine, it has never failed to cure it completely and quickly (I always feel better within about 20 minutes). Migraines no longer have an impact on my life because of this stuff. It also instantly cures my hangovers. I only have to take 2."

Jensen.nicolee March 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have migraine headaches all the time due to bright light's. So I'm always wearing dark sunglasses even if the sun isn't out. I feel like hideing in a cave sometimes. Very miserable. I can't enjoy going out an living a normal life. But I talk to a good friend an she bought me Excedrin migraine med and I was skeptical about taking it because I thought nothing could ever work. I always use ibuprophan 800 that got rid of some of the pain and had to go to sleep to not have to endure pain for hours. So today I was experiencing circle blurry rainbows an was like here we go again. I have a date in two hours. So I took a chance an took two pills as soon as I saw the first effect. After 15 minutes no pain at all I love it. Thank you. Now I can live my life."

Imaisha January 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My Migraine headache starts with what they call Aura, which is blind spots in eyesight (eyesight will be blurry when this happens) and followed by the worst headache ever. From my experience, the Excedrin Migraine doesn't work when you take it after the headache starts. But when you take it in early stage (which is for me, immediately after experiencing Aura), its very effective. Don't expect you will be relieved from pain 100 percent, but at least it helps relieving 70 percent of pain. I would highly recommend to take it in very early stage when the migraine starts."

ricvin December 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just perfect for migraines and tension headaches"

yeo3 December 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm actually 18 and I get migraines all the time. I loved it when I first started using it because it'll work in like 10 minutes. I'm weird because I'd get a dizzy feeling when I first took it but it wasn't bad. Now lately it hasn't been doing anything. I was really looking forward to taking Excedrin every time I had pain but I'll still continue using it to see if there still will be any progress. Huh, I actually started thinking my migraines are just too strong for excedrin.."

Erikkkka December 6, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love excedrin(migraine) I been suffering from migraines all my life and been prescribed many medications which have failed me!! Of course someone who suffers from migraines understand the unbearable pain of having a migraine it's almost impossible to complete simple task but not when taking excedrin it WORKS right away. My advice is to take it when you get the warning signs (black dots, Hard to focus, feeling like you have to throw up) this medicine does keep you awake which is the last thing someone with a migraine wants to be but the pain won't last long."

Leishpesh November 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Excedrin Migraine is a tiny little gift from God. I'm 28 and have been dealing with migraines my whole life. I just had a killer migraine about 30 minutes ago...one of those so bad that you feel nauseous, disoriented, and like your brain is swollen. I am feeling SO much better now and can continue with the rest of my day like normal. I truly think Excedrin Migraine works as good if not better than several onset migraine medications I've tried in the past. I keep a bottle in my car, my purse, and my office desk because I never know when a migraine will strike. Thank you Excedrin for making my migraines more manageable!"

Nameless13 October 23, 2015