User Reviews for Excedrin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Excedrin.

Excedrin Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 126 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Excedrin to treat Migraine

"I had a horrible experience with Excedrin Migraine. Shortly after taking it, my heart started racing super fast, I got extremely anxious, and my body started shaking. Like other people are saying, if you are sensitive to caffeine do not take this medicine. It didn't take my migraine away either so it's not worth it at all."

RS18 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Great migraine/headache relief. I never had a headache before I turned 30, but I have had tons of morning allergy related headaches/migraines. Nothing helped until I tried excedrin migraine forumula or extra strength (both have the same ingredients). Often get relief from one pill. It has a mix of caffeine, aspirin, and tylenol that works great."

NCResident (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I don't normally get headaches in general but when I do, they're horrible. I took an Excedrin after I developed I really bad headache upon getting off work for the day. My headache was gone in about 30 minutes tops. However, the side effects of this pill outweighed how fast it fixed my headache. I took the pill in the car on the way home and by the time I reached my home in 15 minutes I began feeling woozy. I started to feel light headed and felt this weird feeling in my stomach. I assumed it was because I was hungry but after forcing myself to eat food it only made things worse. I felt so bad that I just laid down early for the night so that when I woke up the feeling would most likely be gone. Nope! I woke up & vomitted shortly."

keilal (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ive struggled with headaches for as long as I can remember and nothing worked for me. When I found excedrin, I was hooked to the fact that it was the best. I've never use anything else since. I have introduced everyone I know to it and they always come to me, because they know I always got a bottle of excedrin with me. I just wanted to say Thank You. Your product has made headaches to me just a pain that soon go away when I take my excedrin."

Mille26 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had terrible migranes since I was 5 years old sometimes lasting 4 days and I'm 18 now, I've taken everything you can think of all of which had absolutely no effect on the migraine at all! I found excedrin at a dollar general and I only to half a dose and within 15 min my migrane was completley gone. It's like Magic. To bad it took me 11 years to find it!"

Cailey (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hallucinated on the tablet, I took it at night and was laughing inappropriate for a long time and my head was half in a disco and half tired. If I wasn't recorded I would not have known"

Dhimba (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Excedrin is the only thing that works for my tension headaches. I haven't used anything else since I found Excedrin!"

Gols (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I woke up with a Migraine and took this, it dulled it, but never went fully away. When I was able to take my next dose I did. Soon after my vision started to blur, my face was flushed, I felt light headed, dizzy, the room was spinning, my heart was racing (over 180bpm! Well over that), & I felt like I was about to pass out. Turns out it was a reaction to the CAFFEINE in this. I am not a caffeine free person and had never had this experience before, but the doc said the caffeine is a high dose in this. I now take Aleve or Maxsalt for bad migraines, no issues."

Carminemelody March 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Miracle over the counter drugs for migraines. It makes me wonder why I haven't heard about this drug until I saw the commercial on TV lol/ Don't drink coffee with this though, it made me very shaky--to the point where my latte was visibly shaking in my grasp :("

lillynong (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have used Excedrin for approximately 15 years and it does the trick in probably about 95% of my headaches. There are a few that it does not stop but the trick really is taking it at the first sign of a headache and not waiting. Usual relief comes in approximately 15 to 20 minutes."

angiem65 March 29, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used regular and migrane vesions of Excedrin and they have both work effectively. The pain relief is realized within 15 minutes of taking. I swear by this product and have used countless others when I did not have Excedrin at my disposal. I highly recommend this product."

Anonymous November 4, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Does not work for people sensitive to caffeine. I was jittery and nervous and queasy after using a single dose. "

migranes October 20, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's the only over the counter pain reliever that helps me."

Anonymous June 6, 2009