Generic Name: Triprolidine Drops (trye PROE li deen)
Brand Name: Histex PD, Vanahist PD
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 3, 2019.
Uses of Vanahist PD:
- It is used to ease allergy signs.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Vanahist PD?
- If you have an allergy to Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops) or any part of Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you are taking another drug that has the same drug in it.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Vanahist PD?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take more than what your doctor told you to take. Taking more than you are told may raise your chance of very bad side effects.
- Do not take Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops) for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops) affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops).
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs and natural products that slow your actions.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Vanahist PD) best taken?
Use Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops).
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops) on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
What are some other side effects of Vanahist PD?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling sleepy.
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Vanahist PD?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Vanahist PD (triprolidine drops), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about Vanahist PD (triprolidine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: antihistamines