Generic Name: Evolocumab On-Body Infusor (e voe LOK ue mab)
Brand Name: Pushtronex System
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 25, 2019.
Uses of Pushtronex System:
- It is used to lower cholesterol.
- It is used in some people to lower the chance of heart attack, stroke, and certain heart procedures.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Pushtronex System?
- If you have an allergy to Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) or any part of Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor).
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Pushtronex System?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Follow the diet plan that your doctor told you about.
- High blood sugar has happened with Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor). This includes diabetes that is new or worse. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Pushtronex System) best taken?
Use Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given into the fatty part of the skin on the top of the thigh, belly area, or upper arm.
- If you will be using Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) at home, your doctor or nurse will teach you how to use it.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- If stored in a refrigerator, let Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) come to room temperature before using it. Leave it at room temperature for at least 45 minutes. Do not heat Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor).
- Do not open until you are ready to use.
- Do not touch the start button until you have put this device on your skin. This button can only be pushed 1 time.
- Do not get the device wet.
- Do not give into a mole, scar, or bruise.
- Do not put on skin with a lot of hair.
- Do not give into skin that is irritated, bruised, red, infected, or scarred.
- Move the site where you give Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) as you were told by the doctor.
- Do not give into the same place as another shot.
- Do not shake.
- Do not use Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) if it has been dropped or if it is broken.
- Do not use if the solution is cloudy, leaking, or has particles.
- This medicine is colorless to a faint yellow. Do not use if the solution changes color.
- Call the doctor right away if you think that the device may not have worked the right way. Call the doctor right away if the On-body Injector comes off before or during a dose, if it is leaking, or if the sticky part is wet. Call the doctor right away if the light on the On-body Injector flashes red.
- Throw away after using. Do not use the device more than 1 time.
- Throw away needles in a needle/sharp disposal box. Do not reuse needles or other items. When the box is full, follow all local rules for getting rid of it. Talk with a doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it has been 7 days or more since the missed dose, take a missed dose and start a new schedule based on when the dose is given.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- If you are not sure what to do if you miss a dose, call your doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
What are some other side effects of Pushtronex System?
- Nose or throat irritation.
- Flu-like signs.
- Signs of a common cold.
- Back pain.
- Irritation where the shot is given.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Pushtronex System?
- Store in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- If needed, you may store at room temperature for up to 30 days. If stored at room temperature and not used within 30 days, throw Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) away.
- If stored at a temperature higher than room temperature, talk with the doctor to see if Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor) may still be used.
- Store in the carton to protect from light.
- Do not use if it has been frozen.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Pushtronex System (evolocumab on-body infusor), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about evolocumab
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- En Español
- 232 Reviews
- Drug class: PCSK9 inhibitors
- Evolocumab Auto-Injectors and Prefilled Syringes
- Evolocumab On-Body Infusor
- Evolocumab Subcutaneous (Advanced Reading)
Other brands: Repatha