Generic Name: Betamethasone Foam (bay ta METH a sone)
Brand Name: Luxiq
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 18, 2020.
Uses of Luxiq:
- It is used to treat scalp irritation.
- It is used to treat scalp psoriasis.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Luxiq?
- If you are allergic to Luxiq (betamethasone foam); any part of Luxiq (betamethasone foam); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have thinning of the skin where you are putting Luxiq (betamethasone foam).
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Luxiq (betamethasone foam).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Luxiq (betamethasone foam) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Luxiq?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Luxiq (betamethasone foam). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Use care when using on a large part of the skin. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not use to treat diaper rash or redness. Avoid putting Luxiq (betamethasone foam) in the diaper area.
- This medicine may raise the chance of cataracts or glaucoma. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may affect growth in children and teens in some cases. They may need regular growth checks. Talk with the doctor.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Different brands of Luxiq (betamethasone foam) may be for use in different ages of children. Talk with the doctor before giving Luxiq (betamethasone foam) to a child.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Luxiq) best taken?
Use Luxiq (betamethasone foam) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Do not take Luxiq (betamethasone foam) by mouth. Use on your scalp and hair only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Move and part hair so that the drug can be put right on the affected skin.
- Turn the can upside down and put the foam onto a saucer or other cool surface. Do not place foam right in your hands. Pick up a little foam with your fingers and rub into the affected part. Keep doing this until all of the affected scalp area is treated.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Signs of a weak adrenal gland like a very bad upset stomach or throwing up, very bad dizziness or passing out, muscle weakness, feeling very tired, mood changes, not hungry, or weight loss.
- Signs of Cushing's disease like weight gain in the upper back or belly, moon face, very bad headache, or slow healing.
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- Skin changes (pimples, stretch marks, slow healing, hair growth).
- Skin irritation.
- Thinning of the skin.
- Change in eyesight.
What are some other side effects of Luxiq?
- Burning or stinging.
- Dry skin.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Luxiq?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Protect from heat or open flame. Do not puncture or burn even if it seems empty.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Luxiq (betamethasone foam), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about Luxiq (betamethasone topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: topical steroids