How do you use Luxiq Foam?
To apply Luxiq foam, first, invert the can. Push the nozzle to dispense a small amount of Luxíq onto a saucer or other cool surface. Do not dispense directly onto your hands as the foam will begin to melt immediately upon contact with warm skin. Dab your fingers into the foam to pick up small amounts and gently massage into the affected area of your scalp until the foam disappears. Repeat until you have treated the entire affected area of your scalp. Apply Luxiq foam twice daily, once in the morning and once at night.
If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, talk to your doctor. You should not cover Luxíq foam with a dressing unless your doctor has told you to do so.
Luxiq Foam is a prescription corticosteroid product that contains betamethasone valerate 0.12%, a medium potency topical corticosteroid medicine. It is used on the scalp to help reduce inflammation, redness, swelling, tenderness and itching from corticosteroid-responsive skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Luxiq (betamethasone valerate) Updated 04/2021. Prestium Pharma, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/luxiq.html
Related medical questions
- What does psoriasis look like?
- How does Tremfya work to treat plaque and psoriatic arthritis?
- How do you get psoriasis and is it contagious?
- How does Ilumya work to treat psoriasis?
- Why should I take folic acid with methotrexate?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of plaque psoriasis?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- What is a substitute for fluocinonide cream?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- What causes Plaque Psoriasis?
- How long does methotrexate stay in your system?