User Reviews for Betamethasone

Also known as: Celestone Soluspan

Betamethasone has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of those users who reviewed Betamethasone reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Inflammatory Conditions
Bursitis
Dermatological Disorders
Summary of Betamethasone reviews 6.3 8 reviews

Tidmore December 4, 2020

Celestone (betamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “I used Gelmicin cream that contains betamethasone to treat my rosacea. It worked, however because betamethasone is a vascodilator, my face became red and I looked like I had a sunburn. My doctor instructed me to stop using gelmicin and now I use a sulfur-based face wash that is not very effective.”

Painy · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2019

Celestone (betamethasone) for Inflammatory Conditions: “First, I don’t understand why “Incidence not known” precedes lists of side effects? Are they possible side effects, or not? It’s Friday evening four days post 2.5 ml Celestone/Xylocaine guided injection into the left subacromial-subdeltoid bursa, painless I had flushing day 2-3, now past. No pain relief from the injection yet. The last 24 hours have been taking ibuprofen 6 hourly after food. Resting most of day as too uncomfortable to do much, though I have tried. Still very uncomfortable. New symptom is a bit like sinus pain in that it’s manifesting as painful facial bones and other areas around my upper arm and head and neck more on the left.”

Goliath50 · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2019

For Bursitis: “Took betamethasone injection for shoulder bursitis and tendinitis, the next day I was bright red, nervous, stressed out and paranoid. I will never take this injection any longer, 5 days later and my face and body is flushed, skin on face is extremely hot, burning, Doctors have no clue what to do, don't recommend.”

revt May 14, 2011

Celestone (betamethasone) for Dermatological Disorders: “I was prescribed Celestone for persistent and painful dermatitis of the hands. The condition had proven resistant to topical treatment over a number of years. I am a Crohn's patient, and I have since seen a report that dermatitis is sometimes a consequence of having Crohn's Disease. Treating the dermatitis systemically, rather than topically, produced almost immediate results. (I was taking a minimum dose of Celestone). In addition, my Crohn's symptoms disappeared during the course of steroid therapy for dermatitis and for some time after discontinuing. A side effect was a reduced bone density which has since been reversed.”

Depressed in Seattle November 10, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I received the injection for my herniated disc pain. I have chronic depression also. A few days later my mental state became very different. Severely anxious, panicked, confused, paranoid. I had severe motion sickness even when I was not moving: nausea, upset burning sensation in my stomach, headache, acne, and very hot skin. Sweating immensely. I just wanted to warn people who have the same condition as I do. It did relieve a lot of the pain. ”

chicathedog November 11, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I had Pain stemming from spinal stenosis. When I use this I have No side effects following an injection. Great relief from excruciating pain in the legs, due to spinal stenosis. I get a "real" cortisone injection every 4 months. I use the Betametazone only as a last resort, because I'm told it can be harmful with frequent use. What do I know? Nothing, except it works for at least four days when I am desperate for relief and doctors won't give anything for pain. I live in Mexico where I can actually buy it without a prescription.”

pstudent · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 20, 2017

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I took this medication last year and had NO side effects. The relief of my herniated disks(4) was completely gone for 11 months. I would recommend it to anyone with sciatic nerve pain.”

Yosef · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2018

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Severe hay fever with asthma miraculous recovery within hours of second dose. Still some chest constrictions though.”