What is Diprospan used for?
Diprospan is a combination steroid injection containing two salts of betamethasone (betamethasone dipropionate and betamethasone sodium phosphate) that may be used to treat a wide range of inflammatory conditions that are typically responsive to corticosteroids.
How much betamethasone does Diprospan contain?
Each 1mL of Diprospan injection contains betamethasone dipropionate equivalent to 5 mg betamethasone and betamethasone sodium phosphate equivalent to 2 mg betamethasone. The total amount of betamethasone per ml is 7mg.
Diprospan is available as a 1ml ampoule and there are 5 ampoules per box.
What can Diprospan be used to treat?
Diprospan may be used to treat the following corticosteroid-responsive conditions:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Brain cancer
- Cerebral Edema
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Dermatitis (all types)
- Hay Fever
- Hemolytic Anemia
- Inflammatory Conditions
- Head Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Mycosis Fungoides
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Serum Sickness
- Temporal Arteritis
- Ulcerative colitis.
Which countries is Diprospan available in?
Diprospan may be available in the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
What is the equivalent of Diprospan available in the United States?
There is not a combination betamethasone injection available in the United States that is exactly the same as Diprospan; however, there is one that is very similar which contains betamethasone acetate with betamethasone sodium phosphate (Celestone soluspan).
- Inj (amp) 1 mL x 5's.Diprospan. MIMS https://www.mims.com/philippines/drug/info/diprospan?type=full#:~:text=Betamethasone%20(DIPROSPAN)%20Injection%20is%20a,treatment%20of%20corticost
Related medical questions
- Is betamethasone the same as hydrocortisone?
- What is Ardosons called in the U.S?
- Can I use betamethasone cream on my face?
- How long does it take for betamethasone to work?
- Can betamethasone be used for a yeast infection?
- Can Enstilar be used on the scalp?
- Is betamethasone an antifungal?
- How long can you use betamethasone cream for?
- Is Enstilar Foam used to treat plaque psoriasis?
- Does Luxiq Foam help with hair loss?
- How often should you apply betamethasone cream?
- Betamethasone Information for Consumers
- Betamethasone prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Betamethasone (detailed)