Dual Action Complete Side Effects
Generic name: calcium carbonate / famotidine / magnesium hydroxide
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 17, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about calcium carbonate / famotidine / magnesium hydroxide. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Dual Action Complete.
For the Consumer
Applies to calcium carbonate / famotidine / magnesium hydroxide: oral tablet chewable
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- A fast heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Muscle weakness.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Rare (less than 0.1%): Abdominal pain upper, constipation
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Dizziness, dysgeusia
Rare (less than 0.1%): Somnolence
Frequency not reported: Paresthesia[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Asthenia, fatigue
Rare (less than 0.1%): Malaise[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Oropharyngeal discomfort, oropharyngeal pain[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Rash
Rare (less than 0.1%): Decreased appetite
Frequency not reported: Thirst[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Arthralgia[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Gynecomastia[Ref]
More about Dual Action Complete (calcium carbonate / famotidine / magnesium hydroxide)
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Imprints, shape & color data
- En español
- Drug class: H2 antagonists
- Latest FDA Alerts (1)
Related treatment guides
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
2. "Product Information. Pepcid Complete (calcium carbonate/famotidine/Mg hydroxide)." Johnson and Johnson/McNeil Consumer (2022):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.