Chloral hydrate Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 24, 2022.
Applies to chloral hydrate: compounding powder, oral capsule, oral syrup, rectal suppository
Frequency not reported: Ketonuria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Headache, unusual/paradoxical excitement, drowsiness, residual sedation/hangover, somnambulism, disorientation, incoherence, delirium, staggering gait, ataxia, lightheadedness, vertigo, dizziness, confusion, coma[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Tolerance, hypothermia, malaise, fever, middle ear pressure[Ref]
More about chloral hydrate
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (19)
- Drug class: miscellaneous anxiolytics, sedatives and hypnotics
Related treatment guides
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
2. Canadian Pharmacists Association "e-CPS. http://www.pharmacists.ca/function/Subscriptions/ecps.cfm?link=eCPS_quikLink." (2006):
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
4. "PDR Generics." Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics (1995):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.