Chloral hydrate Side Effects
Applies to chloral hydrate: compounding powder, oral capsule, oral syrup, rectal suppository
Frequency not reported: Ketonuria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Headache, unusual/paradoxical excitement, drowsiness, residual sedation/hangover, somnambulism, disorientation, incoherence, delirium, staggering gait, ataxia, lightheadedness, vertigo, dizziness, confusion, coma[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Tolerance, hypothermia, malaise, fever, middle ear pressure[Ref]
1. Canadian Pharmacists Association "e-CPS. Available from: URL: http://www.pharmacists.ca/function/Subscriptions/ecps.cfm?link=eCPS_quikLink."
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
4. "PDR Generics." Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics (1995):
More about chloral hydrate
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 19 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous anxiolytics, sedatives and hypnotics
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.