Claritin-D 12 Hour
Dosage form: tablet, extended release
Ingredients: LORATADINE 5mg, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE SULFATE 120mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
NDC Code: 11523-7162
|Active ingredient (in each tablet)||Purpose|
|Loratadine 5 mg||Antihistamine|
|Pseudoephedrine sulfate 120 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- itchy, watery eyes
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
When using this product do not take more than directed.
Taking more than directed may cause drowsiness.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by a fever
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not divide, crush, chew or dissolve the tablet
|adults and children 12 years and over||1 tablet every 12 hours; not more than 2 tablets in 24 hours|
|children under 12 years of age||ask a doctor|
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor|
- each tablet contains: calcium 30 mg
- safety sealed: do not use if the individual blister unit imprinted with Claritin-D ® 12 Hour is open or torn
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- keep in a dry place
croscarmellose sodium, dibasic calcium phosphate, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium sterarate, pharmaceutical ink, povidone, titanium dioxide
1-800-CLARITIN (1-800-252-7484) or www.claritin.com
pseudoephedrine sulfate 120 mg/nasal decongestant
loratadine 5 mg/antihistamine
Indoor & Outdoor Allergies
Allergy & Congestion
Nasal & Sinus Congestion
Due to Colds or Allergies
Sneezing; Runny Nose;
Itchy, Watery Eyes;
Itchy Throat or Nose
Due to Allergies
* When taken as directed. See Drug Facts Panel.
loratadine and pseudoephedrine sulfate tablet, extended release
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|
Medically reviewed on Jul 20, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine)
- Claritin-D 12 Hour Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations