Medications for Heart Disease
Other names: Congenital Heart Disease
About Heart Disease: Heart disease is any disorder that affects the heart's ability to function normally. The most common cause of heart disease is narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries, which supply blood to the heart itself. This happens slowly over time. (See coronary artery disease.)
Some heart diseases can be present at birth (congenital heart diseases).
Topics under Heart Disease
- Cardiomyopathy (9 drugs in 6 topics)
- Endocarditis (72 drugs in 3 topics)
- Ischemic Heart Disease (287 drugs in 13 topics)
Alternative treatments for Heart Disease
The following products are considered to be alternative treatments or natural remedies for Heart Disease. Their efficacy may not have been scientifically tested to the same degree as the drugs listed in the table above. However there may be historical, cultural or anecdotal evidence linking their use to the treatment of Heart Disease.
- Capsicum Peppers
- Evening primrose
Learn more about Heart Disease
IBM Watson Micromedex
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Atrial Septal Defect in Children
- Congenital Heart Disease in Children
- Endocarditis in Children
- Heart Murmur
- Heart Palpitations
- Tetralogy of Fallot in Children
- Ventricular Septal Defect in Children
Drugs.com Health Center
- High Cholesterol Overview
- High Cholesterol: What Are Your Risk Factors?
- Your Guide on How to Lower Cholesterol
- Cholesterol Testing: What Do Your Results Mean?
- Coronary Heart Disease (Coronary Artery Disease)
- Atorvastatin (Lipitor): Top 12 Drug Facts You Need to Know
- Heart Medications and Alcohol
Mayo Clinic Reference
ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.