Does Zetia affect blood pressure?
Can Zetia raise blood pressure? Can Zetia cause high blood pressure? Can Zetia cause low blood pressure?
Zetia does not affect blood pressure. In clinical trials Zetia did not increase or decrease patients' blood pressure.
Some people may have already been diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) before they start taking Zetia. If you do have high blood pressure and you are on medication to control it, then it is important to treat both high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so you reduce your cardiovascular risk.
Talk with your doctor about the medications you are taking and whether they are compatible with any new medications that you may be starting.
- Zetia Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/zetia.html
Related medical questions
- Is Zetia a statin drug/medication?
- Does Zetia (ezetimibe) cause memory loss?
- Is Zetia better than a statin?
- Can Zetia (ezetimibe) cause liver damage?
- How does Zetia (ezetimibe) work to lower cholesterol?
- Does Zetia (ezetimibe) cause weight gain/loss or muscle aches/pains?
- What happens if you stop taking Ezetimibe?
- When should you take ezetimibe?
- Does ezetimibe lower triglycerides?
- When is the best time to take ezetimibe?
- Is ezetimibe a statin drug?
- Zetia Information for Consumers
- Zetia prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Zetia (detailed)
Related support groups
- Zetia (18 questions, 32 members)