What is the name of the generic NuvaRing?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 14, 2020.
The first approved generic version of NuvaRing is called EluRyng.
EluRyng (ethinyl estradiol/etonogestrel) Vaginal Ring
- Date of Approval: December 11, 2019
- Company: Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Uses: Birth Control
What is EluRyng?
- EluRyng is a flexible birth control vaginal ring used to prevent pregnancy.
- EluRyng contains a combination of an estrogen and a progestin, two kinds of female hormones.
How do you use EluRyng?
- EluRyng is used in a 4-week cycle. The EluRyng is inserted into your vagina where it is kept in place for 3 weeks (21 days). It is removed for a 1-week break (7 days) when you will usually have your menstrual period. A new EluRyng is inserted for each cycle.
Related Medical Questions
- Vaginal bleeding while Nuvaring is still inserted?
- Would it be a problem if the Nuvaring was stored at room temperature?
- How long do antibiotics affect birth control?
- Why are my nipples sore? 7 possible causes
- Do antibiotics affect the morning after pill?
- What are the side effects of IUDs?
- Can antibiotics delay or make your period late?
- When do I start taking Diane pills for birth control?
- Can Kyleena cause weight gain?
- After having a Kyleena insertion, how long do I have to wait to have intercourse?
- When will I get my first period after inserting the Implanon implant?
- Is this normal - spotting and stomach cramps from starting birth control pills?
- Can Kyleena cause acne?
- Mirena, Kyleena, Skyla & Liletta - What's the difference?
- Why are the Trinessa birth control pills colored differently for different weeks? When do I start?
- How long after having a Depo Provera shot can you have unprotected sex?
- Twirla vs Xulane: How do they compare?
- Is it okay to take Vyvanse while on birth control?