User Reviews for NuvaRing

Learn more about NuvaRing.

Birth Control 770 reviews 295 medications

6.8
Summary of NuvaRing reviews 770 reviews 6.8

Reviews for NuvaRing

For Birth Control "My doc prescribed Nuvaring because I would like to use something that does not give me a stomach ache and also simple to use. So at the 5 days, I felt the happiest woman ever. I consider myself a very happy person but after 10 days using it, It's been a daily conflict within myself. I feel sad, lonely, hopeless, worthless, and ugly. I also gain some weight. Yesterday I finally take of it. I hope I feel better very soon. I DO NOT RECOMMEND"

Superti (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I started the Nuvaring about two weeks ago. And for the first couple of days I felt nothing. I loved it and thought it was going to be a smooth experience. Well I was wrong. I soon begin to once in a while feel headaches and lots of tiredness. Then I did not feel myself at all. I felt like I had no feelings whatsoever to anyone at all. It was making me not even want to have sex at all so what was the point of even getting on it?? Even my mom and boyfriend said I didn't seem myself. I was super moody and kind of depressed. I took the ring out last night and I already feel better and back to my happy self. Do not recommend"

anothergirl February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am on day 4 of using the Nuvaring and I am ready to take it out. It has caused me severe anxiety, mood swings, uncontrollable crying, severe panic attacks. It is awful! 10/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND"

Rachellynnnnnnnnn February 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I switched to nuvaring 4 yeas ago from orthotricyclen. I've had absolutely no side effects, and it's the easiest form of birth control I've ever taken. My periods are lighter is the only thing I've noticed. It's unfortunate that I'm seeing so many bad experiences on here - I honestly recommend it to all my girlfriends."

Magpie3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "This is the best method for me! Regulates my period and I don't have severe menstrual cramps. It does come out sometimes during sex but you can leave it out up to 3 hours which is a plus. It's very effective!!!"

Anonymous February 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "At first, I was on Tri-Lo-Sprintec. I took those pills for a month but was advised by my gyn to switch bc because I started to get blurred vision and migraine headaches. I switched to the nuvaring and have been using it for a week and I am already noticing side effects. First, while I am not feeling depressed or anxious, I have noticed that I am a little more easily angered. The smallest things have been getting under my skin. The side effect I notice is lack of appetite. I have always LOVED food and this week even the thought of food is blah. I'll get hungry but after a few spoonfuls, I am unable to eat anymore. Its early to really know how I feel about the nuvaring but I will definitely give updates!"

Sirrah1 February 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "In was prescribed Nuvaring because I wasn't sure if I was ready for an IUD yet so my doctor thought Nuvaring would be a good alternative. The only positive experience I had was putting it in. Easy. Didn't have to think about it anymore. Until about 24 hours later. All of a sudden a ton of symptoms hit me at once. Complete loss of appetite. Nausea. Vomiting. Pain in my legs. Pain in my abdomen. Headaches. Dizziness. Vision changes. Turns out, I'm allergic to Nuvaring. I immediately took it out; over a month later and I'm still having some symptoms. Definitely make sure you read the possible side effects before using the ring, even if you've taken birth control before!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on Nuvaring for about 6 months now Pros: Convenient, easy to remember (hormones can last up to 5wks) not a lot of breast tenderness, breasts got bigger, no TERRIBLE mood swings (much less than when I was on Trinessa/Glidess.. but still a little more moody than usual), didn't get pregnant Cons: INSANE mood swings during PMS, I've gained about 15 pounds without any change in exercise/diet and I've stayed between 110-115 my entire life (I'm now 130??), was convinced I had an STD because I was getting UTIs after intercourse (I don't), sometimes its hard to put in, has fallen out a couple of times. I like it, but it's not great and I cannot stand the weight gain. Will be switching to the skyla IUD"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I used nearing for about 5 weeks. I loved it for the first 2 weeks then my guy started to notice a big change in my moods. I was very depressed , anxious and I cried all the time..not to mention the lack of libido sucks. My friends also noticed a big change in my moods.. I took stopped using it a few hours ago and I feel a bit calmer already...."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've had an almost entirely positive experience. It regulated my periods and made them short and light, cleared up my acne, and has effectively prevented pregnancy. Only 2 drawbacks have been frequent headaches and daily discharge (inconvenient, but not a huge deal). The monthly schedule is super convenient and I've never had an issue with it falling out or my boyfriend feeling it. I'm trying out a new birth control to try and get the headaches under control, but if I don't respond well to it, I'm happy to go back to Nuvaring and Advil. I'd recommend it to anyone."

Ses1991 January 23, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "POSITIVE REVIEW - I have been on the Nuvaring for 2 months – the only side effect has been increase of breast size, I am trying to persevere with it and do a lot of exercise so I don’t increase weight and hopefully maintain my breast size and I will take St John Worts if I feel a bit moody. The Nuvaring is great – 3 weeks in, 1 week out for your period and then the next cycle begins. If your partner can feel the ring while intercourse you can take it out for maximum 3 hours and then insert straight after. I know everyone is different but the Nuvaring is a low dosage of hormones and it is really working for me. So if you don’t want to worry every month if you are pregnant I recommend Nuvaring. It has been great for me."

RoseAustralia91 January 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have had a good experience on this birth control. Honestly I was terrible at taking a pill everyday. So I switched to this after a year on birth control pills. Its convent. Unnoticeable. You don't feel it, neither my partner noticed it, only of a few occasions. No mood issues. No unusual bleeding issues. No gain weight or anything honestly medically concerning. Would recommended it to my friends as it was to me. Only thing I would say is its tricky to insert but it loosens up. You can remove it during intercourse too. I tried that and honestly now I just leave it in."

Anonymous January 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am a 21 year old female and I used nuvaring for 2 months but it was affecting my moods (making me really depressed and unmotivated) and I couldn't take it anymore. I tried it again a few months later hoping it would be different but I spotted for the whole month, I got acne, and my moods took a dip again. I had it for a month but have since switched to Skyla"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I switched to the NR in September of 2014 because I was constantly bleeding with my pills. I loved it! I did have mood swings right before my period and possible drop in libido, but I'm not sure if it was from the NR or due to stress. I recently have to stop NR due to it falling out. I started a new ring a week ago & could not get it to stay in place, never has this happen before. I went to the doctor and they had not explaination, so they started me on some pills. They said I could possibly try again in a month & I will. NR is not cheap, but the company does have a coupon you can use. If I can use it again I would."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was on Nuvaring for just over a year. On September 15, 2016 I was admitted to the hospital for a blood clot in my leg. I do not smoke nor did I do anything to injure myself for this clot to appear. It went to my lung as well. My doctor immediately told me to discontinue the Nuvaring. And I can no longer take anything with hormones in it. Fast forward to the beginning of November, I discovered a lump in my breast. After ultrasounds and mammograms and surgical biopsy, On December 8, 2016, at 34 years old, I was diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma, a type of breast cancer. Just saw my primary doctor today (01/18/2017). She believes the blood clots and the cancer are all related to the Nuvaring. Breast cancer does not run in my family."

Dream51782 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I originally started taking this years ago and couldn't make it through the first 2 months due to the side effects. Mood swings, depression, low sex drive, etc. I decided to try this again after 4 months of being married to my husband. The first month was terrible. I was sick to my stomach every single day. I didn't want to get out of bed and was almost in a state of depression. Month two has been better as far as nausea, but I have NO SEX DRIVE. It's already put a strain on my marriage. I'm emotional, anything can make me cry, and I continue to have frequent mood swings. I took it out a couple days ago because it was time and I doubt that I'll put it back in. I'm a newlywed and I'm supposed to be having lots of sex and be happy!"

Love4days (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've got one word that pains me to say...ACNE! I thought my acne subsided for good by senior year of high school but I'm now 21 and experiencing major cystic acne again. And the beginning of the flare ups were about 1 month in to starting the nuvaring. This alone makes me want to get off it, but I've also expirienced a definite emotional bump lately and I've been extremely lethargic. It's a shame too, because it was really convienient for me to use."

Deanna96 January 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "So a lot of people only write about their poor experiences but let me tell you about my good experience. First if all, I got put on Nuvaring after I got pregnant while ON the pill (Saffryl- probably spelled it wrong) despite me taking it for two years at the same time daily, and taking OTHER measures to prevent me getting pregnant. It was with twins, too. I went to planned parenthood for an obgyn appointment because the local obgyn was booked out for over 6 months when it came time for me to start birth control again. They gave me THREE Nuvarings for FREE. I didn't even ask for them for free, I was willing to pay for the script at my pharmacy. And ever since, they've been a wonderful alternative to the pill. Don't let cost deter you."

Brijayne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "Pros: pop it in, wait three weeks, pop it out. replace right away to skip a period (this never really worked for me, but I could stretch it out some if there was a date I wanted to skip. I could never convince my body to skip a whole month. My periods were much lighter and shorter on NR which was nice. 3-4 days usually, medium to light flow. Cons: NO Libido.. which I guess is what really makes this work, I did not want sex from my husband. I could do the deed, but there was no passion like before. Sex became completely irrelevant for me. I basically formed an indifferent opinion of my husband. I took a break for a month or two to see if I felt more like myself, and I did, but I also ended up pregnant with baby number 3, whoops."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was on the Nuvaring for 6 years. When I first started it, I had the typical headaches and nauseous feeling that's normal when starting BC. Over the course of those 6 years, I began having mild depression, and lost my enthusiasm for life or anything really. I would have sharp and intense pains in my lower abdomen area (uterus/ovaries) which at some points had my bent over in pain. On 2 ocasions that I can recall, I had very irregular and very heavy bleeding, which is very unusual for myself, especially because both times the bleeding lasted nearly a month. When I finally got fed up enough with Nuvaring and took it out for good I was bleeding extremely heavily for 2-3 weeks straight after my regular period. Within 2 days bleeding was done."

TabJ January 2, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "After being on Depo Provera for five years, I decided to try the Nuvaring. After having my second and last child, I went back to the Nuvaring. I love not remembering taking a pill daily and the ability to skip periods (there is still a chance of breakthrough bleeding, but it is light). I am diabetic, so the amount of estrogen in contraceptives is a concern; the Nuvaring has 15 micrograms which is lower than many OC's (besides Lo Loestrin Fe which has 10). Unlike OC and POP, weight is not a factor with effectiveness. At first, the side effects I experienced were breast tenderness and vaginal irritation. The side effects went away after the second month. I had to get used to the insertion, but now it is no problem."

Mbpeaceful12 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 30, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on the combo type of birth control since I was 16. I started with the ortho lo (the basic one in movies in the round case), Yaz came out and I switched to that, I was so tired of remembering to take a pill everyday, during my yearly pap my OBGYN told me about the patch I used it for a few years and I never gained weight on the pill or ring but for some reason the patch did make me gain some weight, I was always worried I put in the wrong spot and it wasn't going to work, taking it off weekly hurt like an extra strong bandaid and left purple gluey sticky stuff I had to scrub off with alcohol. After those years I was put on the ring. My weight went back to normal, I have no pain, Insert 3 weeks, period, insert again. So easy! Love it!"

Fresy (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 29, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I began Nuvaring in July and omg I wish I haven't. I've been depressed ever since I started, nausea every once in a while but literally crying my eyes out every single day. I've thought to seek help, I've never experienced depression this bad or these thoughts before... thought I was just unhappy and idk what told me to check these reviews but I'm glad I did and I can't relate more. Took out my nuvaring last night... I'm done, "

Julia p m December 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "I started using the Nuva Ring in Apr. 2016. My doctor recommended it because I randomly began to have a very abnormal menstural cycle and the cramps became excruciating. Almost as soon as I started NR, I began to have spurts of VERY sharp pains all throughout the day. They were so bad that sometimes I would find myself hunched over. My doctor and I assumed my body was just adjusting to the NR. These pains went on for about a month and then everything ceased. From that point on everything as far as pain, and the regulation of my menstural cycle was fine. I really loved the convenience of NR. I stopped using NR in Dec 2016. I stopped using it because I noticed that during the months of usage, I experienced extreme depression,& mood swings."

Majorkierra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Birth Control "After hearing a lot of good things about Nuvaring I've decided to give it a try. At first I have to say I absolutely loved it. No side effects, easy to use and helped with period pain. Now I am 4 months in and I lost appetite (which all in all is not a bad thing), I have terrible mood swings and got extremely teary and depressed. I cry approx 70% of the day. I constantly feel very sad and poorly, lost my enthusiasm for life and feel worthless, hopeless. Last time I felt this way was 16 years ago when I was on the pill, I stopped it immediately after I have realised I was capable of harming myself. I've only today stopped NR and hopefully will start feeling better soon."

kksx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016