User Reviews for NuvaRing

Birth Control
6.5

Summary of NuvaRing reviews 6.5 940 reviews

Reviews for NuvaRing

For Birth Control "This option had pros and cons for me. I have been on it for over a year. It’s a very easy and effortless option. It’s nice to skip your period. I did have about 4-5 yeast infections in the past year, which never occurred until I started nuvaring. I have put on about 10lbs. Very bloated and so hungry all of the time!!! I also have a decrease in sex drive and mood fluctuations. I have become depressed over the past year and wonder if it is due to this medication. I am going to try the pill again at the end of this month. My doctor did not want to risk any more weight gain."

Kate (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "My girl got pregnant... thanks Nuvaring"

Yoyo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

For Birth Control "The nuvaring worked for me in that it prevented pregnancy for a whole year of constant unprotected sex. However, I have gained 20 pounds on it - I’m not sure if it’s all because of the ring but I believe it did cause me to retain weight that I would normally have been able to work off. I also feel that it made me incredibly irrational and emotional, totally put a hole in my relationship for awhile. I’m excited to try being off hormonal birth control to see what changes."

Lisa (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I love the nuvaring I've been on it now for about a year and haven't had any horrible side effects. It was a amazing change compared to the pills I was on, tri lo marzia (generic and non-generic) . That pill gave me horrible anxiety, depression, excess mucus and vomiting. I don't feel the ring during sex or in general, it has never fallen out or caused pain and my partner isn't bothered by it. I couldn't recommend this enough, if you haven't had great luck with pills try the ring."

sam (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using the NuvaRing for a year now. I have had a great experience with this method. I wanted something with little hormones and something I didn’t have to take everyday. I didn’t have any side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 21 years old and I've been on this birth control for 2 weeks. Don't take this drug if you are prone to irritability. I was on it for 1 week AND I WAS SO MOODY AHHHHHHHHHH and all at my partner (tried to break up twice.) Another reason, IT FALLS OUT I'M NOT KIDDING. I have a really tight snatch and it seriously still falls out. You're paranoid to death it's gonna fall out in the toilet and sometimes it gets stuck at the entrance and it pushes up against your bone and hurts like heck. You have to constantly push it back up too. The only thing good about this method is that it's easy to remember because it stays."

Audy (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using the new the ring for over 6 years and I would never switch to any other birth control. I have used all kinds of other birth control and this is what I would stick to. I definitely prefer Nuva ring and highly recommend it..."

MRN75 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication since 2006 - I didn't want the patch or pills because I knew my body is susceptible to weight gain and the possibility of getting a blood clot (especially at the time, they were finding the patch was causing clots) I have a family history of heart disease and stroke. I'm 31 years old right now and I'm still using nuvaring. The ring is convenient for me since I can leave it in continuous according to my doctor. It has fallen out once and I took plan B for extra measure but overall it is really really difficult for it to dislodge. In my experience, I may have to get OFF birth control to revive my libido. I've noticed a decline in sex drive and it is annoying me because now my boyfriend thinks I don't want any, which I obviously do not. Nuvaring has cause me dryness and may correlate to not desiring sex because .. dry sex equals to after sex discomfort."

Mena October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 27 and I just started back on the NuvaRing a couple of weeks ago after taking a 6-12 month break from birth control. I had been on Nuvaring from age 14 until I was almost 27 and I had thought it was completely wonderful. I took a break to see what my body would be like without it and actually came out of my lifelong depression, anxiety, paranoia, and horrible sleep patterns. I had no idea that stopping NR was the reason until I started back on it again. After just two weeks, I am not sleeping, fighting with my partner, accusing him of all sorts of crazy things, breaking down in tears every moment, and feeling so tired and unmotivated. Took it out a few minutes ago as I read that many others like me loved it the first time (in our younger years) and have trouble with it now."

2ndTimerInLateTwenties (taken for 10 years or more) October 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had the nuvaring for 2 weeks & a couple days and honestly it is not too bad, I thought it was gonna be worse due to reading some reviews. The first two days I felt light headed and very tired but went away. The ring has not made me gain weight, I’m actually loosing weight due to eating healthy and working out 5-6 days a week. The ring has never fallen out or tried to. I never feel it and forget it’s in there. I have more of a appetite but It is controllable. Some cons are some days I can be moody or irritable. I have been getting period cramps, some painful and some that don’t bother me at all. Another thing I have experienced is that one day I got very depressed, I just laid in bed and ate what ever I wanted and was very emotional for no reason. I’m sure it’s due to the ring because I didn’t know why I was so down that day but I was fine the next day. It was very weird but overall is an okay method of birth control."

Vnrx (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 21 years old and start nuvaring back in January. Was on it for ~7 months and experienced the worst depression after the first month. I lost all motivation and happiness. I have possible IBS (irritable bowel synmdrome) and it made my stomach problems triple, was bloated 24:7 and gained 25lbs in 6 months. I was devastated and worked out every other day with a big decrease in appetite during my time on it. I would have anxiety when it got closer to my period week and found my mood swings to be irate. I didn’t sleep well and was extremely exhausted all the time. Sex was painful but definitely protected me and didn’t make me spot. Periods were light but got heavier towards the last month I took it where there was a lot of clotting. Nuvaring left me with more health issues than I started with."

Anon16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Nuva ring for 5 months now and am really liking it so far! I was nervous to start it after reading all the bad reviews but I found that ALL birth control methods have terrifying reviews online. Nuva ring has been working really well for me (I'm not pregnant so that is a big win)! It's really comfortable and I don't even notice that it is in. Also, neither my husband or I feel it during sex. I also haven't had any issues with it falling out ever. The only reason I give it a 9 out of 10 is because just this last month, I've been breaking out way more than usual and my skin feels more oily. Not sure if my body is adjusting to the ring and this is my new normal or if it's just been a stressful month with lots of travel and starting grad school. The good news is, I started a great skin care routine (bio clarity) and my acne has really subsided. I also haven't noticed any mood or weight change."

Steph September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I started the Nuvaring June 2017 at 20 years old. A year and a couple months later I'm still using it monthly and getting comfortable with skipping periods and getting it at the same exact time every month. It has helped me so much with my mood swings, depression, body aches, cramps, long and heavy bleeding, cravings, and fatigue. I also had good results on the pill I took before this but love not needing to take a pill every single day. The one thing I don't like about the Nuvaring is that is did decrease my libido and I get nervous with knowing it can be activated if it gets too warm. Other than that I haven't had any of these negative issues stated here but remember - everyone's body will respond differently."

PA Person (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2018

For Birth Control "This was a big mistake. I went in for a consultation about an IUD and got talked out of it and was told I should try this first since I can do it myself. I thought it was perfect. BOY WAS I WRONG. The ring put me into a worse depression than ever before. My hormones were all out of balance, I got acne, it constantly fell out and was uncomfortable, had heavy periods, gave me yeast infections, etc. I stuck it out for 3 months and finally took it out and went for an IUD. Getting off this birth control was one of the best decisions. Be very careful when using this drug..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "The NuvaRing is officially “the devil”, I loved it the first two years and like most was recommending it to everyone. However, I got off it for four months (Jan-April 2018) then went back to it in May because I didn’t want to get prego. Well it’s been a nightmare since, I have the worst mood swings and can’t stand my own self. Lost all motivation, depressed, angry, happy, sad. Labia itches, armpits smell weird, constant headaches and bloating. It’s like I’m living in a nightmare and I can't get out because I’m afraid of becoming pregnant....... so I lay around crying all the time wishing for something to change. OH AND yeah the week I take it out I do feel human again, so I think I should take it out NOW and feel alive again."

SOS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I started depo March of 2016, decided to try out Nuvaring because of the ease and I felt like I would be in control of my bday. I started Nuvaring in November of 2017 and nothing extremely noticeable went wrong. The months past and I started to notice my hair was thinning but I didn’t think much of it. February of 2018 is when everything went TERRIBLE. Insomnia, anxiety, depression. I was a MAD WOMAN I just couldn’t pin point my change in emotions to Nuvaring. One morning in June I woke up and could literally not stop crying for no reason something instantly snapped and I snatched the Nuvaring out that day. Suddenly, my mood changed for the better. Here I am in August and my mood swings are awful the week of my period. It feels like I’m on Nuvaring all over again. Hopefully my hormones balance out and I’m not stuck feeling like this the rest of my life."

Taylor (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2018

For Birth Control "Bleeding a lot on month 2 and experienced painful sex 50% of the time:("

AA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "This drug ruined my life. I've lost my job, I couldn't recognize myself, I even suffered severe anxiety and depression. I was on leave for 2-3 months from work. I am better since being off of the drug but never quite the same unfortunately. I still suffer from anxiety though not as severe as when I was actively on the drug. I wish I never started this medication. I was a positive hard working person prior now I can't seem to get back on track."

Danielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Birth Control "Easy to use, loved how just pop in and don’t worry about it. I have found first month a mild headache daily while it settled in. My sex drive has gone down but I just blamed my useless boyfriend haha My appetite did go up I’ve been on for 3 months and I think it’s made me put on weight. Give it a try as it’s really convenient, see how you go. At least your in complete control and can take it out yourself no Gyno appt for removal like others"

Tippy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I went to my gyno because I was experiencing anxiety due to hormones. He put me on this to "regulate" hormones. It sent me into one of the worst depressions I've ever experienced. Anxiety, horrible dark sadness, nausea, vomiting, smells made me gag, extreme insomnia (didn't sleep a wink for 4 nights straight) and rage. I went to the doctor to get some sleeping pills because I literally could not sleep and she recommend I take out the ring. Literally 24 hours later my brain turned back on. It's been 5 days and I feel a lot better but not completely. This stuff was hell on earth. Please take with extreme caution!"

Miss Boom (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This was the worst birth control experience of my life. I took yaz, and loestrin Fe for years before this med. I used it for two months. I just took it out one week early, because of the illness I experienced. I am on day four of a migraine. I am 28 and have never experienced such a long and intense migraine, with so much vomiting and shaking and eye pain. I got a bunch more migraines than usual overall from this med, but this one takes the cake. This stuff is pure poison in my body. One should note I am otherwise an 100% natural eater and exercise almost daily. Healthy other than this poison. Can’t wait to go back to feeling normal. August 2018"

Delphine (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been using the Nuva ring on and off for 3/4 years. I never got any effects like vomiting, head aches etc and I never got pregnant from it so It seemed like it was good. Until I started getting depressed. For months I couldn't pin point what it was (of course life in general sometimes causes it, work, relationships etc) However something kept telling me to stop using the ring. I stopped using it at the beginning of last week and I have a completely different outlook on life now! More energy, no mood swings and I generally feel happier. I'm done with tricking my body with hormones, its back to rubbers for me!"

Hats August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I used the ring for a little over 10yrs no problems, no weight gain, but about 5yrs into it, I started having chest pains every so often, as well as really bad headaches and nausea I put up with it do to the convenience of the ring, but then started getting really painful periods to the point that I took it off and all the symptoms went away. After about 8 months then I got pregnant no problem now my husband is just going to have a vasectomy to avoid all the complications the come with birth control medications."

Boo (taken for 10 years or more) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "19-20 years old. When I was on it about 1 year, continuous use, I did not have a period for about 1 year. Then I started having severe!!! pain randomly that I couldn't walk and had to stop to try and breathe. At night, I would wake up because of such severe back pain, it was the most hurtful thing I ever experienced. I would have to use the bathroom in pain for about 1 hour before going back to bed with no pain. This happened almost every other night. It was EXCRUCIATING PAIN that I have never felt elsewhere. Obgyn said that it was nothing special and to do stretches, eat better, earlier before sleeping. But when I took my ring out to get a period every three months, my back pain went away. When I have a period it gives me the worst cramps but only lasts 2 days. It's been good and bad but man.. if you're not scared of the shot or having an IUD, that's a lot better than the ring. If you're not even having sex then don't do it. The back pain I got is definitely not worth it."

peony August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "Have tried various pills and mirena before nuvaring. Very happy with nuvaring. Helps with my acne (which was terrible with mirena), I can't feel it at all (even during sex) and love not dealing with the stress of taking a pill daily. Only problem in the expense, but in Australia my private health insurance covers half the cost. Other friends who have tried have not had as much success, but it works great for me."

Becca (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...