Does Mavyret make your hair fall out?
Mavyret should not make your hair fall out and hair loss is not a known side effect of Mavyret and was not a reported in clinical trials of Mavyret. Medication blog sites about Mavyret also do not mention hair loss as a side effect.
Hair falling out or hair loss can be a symptom of hepatitis C or some other drugs that are used for hepatitis C such as interferon. Interferon can make hair brittle, dull, and change its texture (such as from straight to curly) or thickness.
- Mavyret (glecaprevir and pibrentasvir). Updated 06/2021. AbbVie Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/mavyret.html
- Pierce J. Hair Loss and Hepatitis C: A Lesser-Known Symptom Hepatitis C.net. https://hepatitisc.net/living/symptoms-hair-loss
Related medical questions
- What is the difference between hepatitis B and C?
- How much does Mavyret cost?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Mavyret?
- Is Mavyret better than Harvoni?
- Can you take ibuprofen with Mavyret?
- Why take Mavyret with food?
- How long is Mavyret treatment?
- How long does Mavyret stay in your system?
- Does Mavyret make you feel sick?
- Can you take Mavyret while pregnant?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C?
- Mavyret Information for Consumers
- Mavyret prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Mavyret (detailed)