User Reviews for Mavyret

Hepatitis C
8.9

Summary of Mavyret reviews 8.9 168 reviews

Reviews for Mavyret

For Hepatitis C "So my Dr. Told me I have the treatment for 100 days. I am starting week 8 today. This morning I woke up and realized I only had a week worth left of my meds and went to place the shipping on my next dose the special Rx told me they did not have another refill. I called My dr. And they said they will get reach out now I am getting calls from multiple different pharmacies saying I only have 8 weeks. Then why does my prescription say 100 days?? I really hope he knows what he is doing. I haven't had any side effect besides a slight headache here and there. I believe my dr should have been a little more transparent with me if he was going to change the dose. I go for my blood work on Friday then again in 3 months. I hope this stuff worked! The one thing I can say I don't feel tired like I used to so I believe just from my body that if it didn't cure me it definitely lowered my count dramatically"

Rick (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Hepatitis C "I started treatment yesterday after 2 prior attempts during the 20+ years that I’ve had Hep C. I'm a recovering addict and in stage 4 Cirrhosis - a desperate woman can do desperate things so I says yes Mavyret. So far so good - I did wake up today with bit of swelling in face but doc says ok so I’m sticking with it. You have all given me so much hope - I pray I’ll be telling you I'm clear too soon! Good luck to everyone - we have so much life ahead - I had stopped making plans - this is incredible !!!!!!"

Weedwitch (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2019

For Hepatitis C "Hi Guys, today is my first day on my 8 week couses. I'm a type 1a. I am so happy to have found this blog. I am 51 yrs and was diagnosed in 1989. I finally have my tablets. Today I felt tired but I am excited with it all, My main issues have been fatigue and depression. Lack of sleep and severe body aches and pains. I can't wait to feel normal."

jibs (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2019

For Hepatitis C "I'm currently a week into my Mavyret treatment. After reading some of the comments I was terrified of taking the medicine. I literally had everyone I knew praying for me before I took the first pill. I have had absolutely no symptoms. I have no less fatigue than I normally do. Due to the help c or at least I hope that's it I stay tired anyways. I have had so many tests to see why I'm always tired and no dr could find anything . Some even said it may be depression. I'm not depressed and if I am, I'm depressed because I'm always tired !! I was diagnosed with hep c 10 years ago so I hope to get my energy back after all this. I will say I decided to take my medicine in the evening a couple hours before bed. Since I have 3 kids and a full time job I was scared to take it in the morning in case it did make me tired or sick. I will get blood drawn in 3 weeks I look forward to my results"

Kbuginky (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

For Hepatitis C "Hi had my 4 week labs virus undetected. I am on week 5 two days left of pills. I want to encourage you to get Mavyret and live ! The side effects are real yet tolerable for me. Some folks have no side effects. I am so happy with my results I want you all reading this to get cured. I am so grateful to creators of this amazing medication. Thank you Mavyret for giving me another 30 years of life in 8 weeks."

Mysticalsoul (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

For Hepatitis C "Today is my first day, I am going to do an online blog on the effects and results. I'm genotype 3 Hep C."

Kelly (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2019

For Hepatitis C "I am 6 weeks post mavyret treatment. My last blood work proved I was hepatitis c, free. During treatment, I experienced A LOT of fatigue and drowsiness. I chose to take mavyret after a GOOD supper. Then soon after would retire to bed. I experienced a severe lack of appetite. I had to force myself to eat. My diet mainly consumed of yogurt and lots of water because I was experiencing dehydration. At this point I have increased energy. It is almost unbelievable the increased energy I am experiencing. Also, my depression is practically obsolete. My pain is down from a 10 to a 4. I highly recommend mavyret treatment. My 12 week blood work is due in 3 weeks, I will let you know my results. Best wishes to everyone attempting to recover from hepatitis c."

Tanya67 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I'm just into week 4. I'm experiencing severe fatigue, joint and muscle aches, some stomach issues. However, seeing what a family member went through years ago to be treated, I feel lucky. I'm just wondering when this fatigue will improve. I've been worn out and tired for years now and can't wait to feel better."

Ellibet (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Hang in there " life's what you make it ", I had similar symptoms and finally finished the 8 week course. Praying for strength and healing! Thank you Mavyret!"

Staying strong (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Hello everyone! I'm on my 2nd day of my 4th week. Due to some side effects I had my blood draw after 13 days and everyone of my liver functions were normal!!!! The virus was detectable yet barely! After 13 days. The side effects are a mixture of the Mavyret and my own body chemistry. I work with a researcher from San Francisco and she said she's never seen a patient respond so quickly. Now my side effects are only sleeping a lot and brain fog . I feel so GRATEFUL and December 28th will have more labs and will report to everyone here. Soon in will be Hep C free I am so excited. Please take this medication the side effects are not that bad at all!!! Especially when you look at the interferon cocktail which I never took. I have had this virus for 18 years no cirrhosis and my numbers were always high now after 13 days when I had labs all is normal . I am being healed and want to share you feel ok! Much love to all."

Mysticalsoul (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I was diagnosed with Hep C almost 2 years ago and have been taking Mavyret for a week now. I am having nausea, fatigue, hot flashes, and hair loss. I’m good other then that. Does anyone know if the symptoms get better the longer you are on the medicine?? I am so very blessed that my insurance covered this medicine. I hope the Mavyret is working well for you all."

Life’s what you make it (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Day 5 for me. Feeling a bit fatigued but nothing that a short nap won't fix. No other symptoms. I'm a 77 year old woman with type #3. Have probably had Hep C for over 30 years. Just became stage 2. Going to do treatment for 8 weeks. Best advise is: Lots of water and a good size meal before taking the drug. I'm also walking and stretching and painting and cooking really good food. Good luck to all. I'm so grateful to be able to get this treatment. Will check in in a few weeks with my progress."

Dee Dee (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Mavyret cured me"

Franzman (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Hepatitis C "This is day 8 for me. Realizing we are all unique physically... wanted to share how well I am doing w/side effects. I can handle Mavyret. I do sleep/rest about 14 to 16 hours a day and have brain fog. We have noticed some memory issues, brain fog - yet I am happy. I do have chills, muscle aches nausea -very mild, no diarrhea or headaches more like head pain of some sort at times. Also oddly I am constipated. Not much side effects for the amount of benefits. I'm happy. Will continue to keep you updated. Thank you to all who post. Really helps us."

Mysticalsoul December 5, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I just got approved. I have been sick for several years and have not worked for 2 years ! When you get sick it truly robs you of any quality of life. I will be starting my meds this week and will share my experience. Took a year and 3 months to get approved. Only because I had a doctor who didn't care if I ever got my meds. My new Doctor got me approved in a month. You need a HepC Doctor who specifically works with HepC only."

Thankful (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Second day on Mayvret and I give 10 stars. The side effects for me are brain fog, fatigue, nausea, body aches as well as cold and hot flashes. I can feel the medication in my body. It's all tolerated!!! I am a person who is intolerant and allergic to many medications. I was so fearful an now I can't stop smiling. I'm hopeful to clear this virus and will write more in a few weeks . Thank you to all who created Mavyret"

Mysticalsoul (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Success!! Just finished my 12 week treatment. Now undetected. I was also undetected at 4 weeks with little to no side effects. Started with a 12 million viral count. I was physically weak which I thought was old age. Took the medicine after dinner and slept off any side effects if there were any. My only issue was that Mavyret caused my liver transplant medicine (Rapamune) to spike which require weekly blood test to monitor and adjust. I'm glad that's over I am a hard stick. Mavyret is a wonder drug. I feel young again. Will get another viral count in 3 months with my regular quarterly labs. Don't hesitate, be cured."

Nick (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Ok received my mavyret about 4 weeks ago but was going through a really bad cold at the time and was on antibiotics so I was advised not to start. When I was done my antibiotics not even 2 days later I was sick again so I put it off once more but this time did not get any antibiotics. I'm done being sick now but I am scared to death to start. My family is moving and I am starting a new job and am afraid I will loose momentum and focus and I will end up being use less. The Dr. hasn't ever told me my geno type and I just turned 32. I believe I contracted it through IV drug use or tattooing."

RickR November 28, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Hooray, for Mavyret posting commercials on NFL football games for the last 3 weeks. This new drug is night and day from Interferon for Hep C. Ten years ago Interferon was your only option. Hopefully more of us will be cured from this deadly virus. I personally have known people dying from this virus. Their is so little information on this deadly virus, for how many of us that have this virus. For myself, I was telling my personal physician for years my symptoms, changing them (physician) a few times. To I saw on TV if you’re baby boomer you need to get tested. Asked my Dr. and came back positive. My insurance denied the treatment. I appealed their decision, and was granted treatment. Remember with Hep C, you don’t look like your sick. So no one believes your sick. You don’t turn yellow like with Hep A n B within weeks contacting the virus. Generally speaking it takes 20 years of having the Hep C virus before seeing real symptoms. My symptoms started showing up after 24 years"

LA Mike November 27, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I'm onto my third week hardly any side effects except I'm very very tired usually not long after I have the tablet up till about 5 hours after. I took the tablet at work for the first two weeks then stopped working due to being so tired at work. I've had hepatitis C for over 20 years genotype 3A never had any other treatment before just had my first blood test yesterday awaiting results I'll keep you updated"

Amanda (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Have 2 geno types has as it has mutated. My hep c have had for 30 years. I am a 45 year old male and have started mayvret 4 days ago. I have noticed side affects thinning of hair, pale skin, no energy, irritability, depression, sore stomach, vomiting, itchiness hot and cold flushes but hopefully I will beat this disease."

Bansley (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I have gene type 3 stage 2 fibrosis I've just finished week 2, first night I woke up with bad headache but took some advil and went back to sleep woke up feeling great first week I had more energy and slept good, 2nd week started feeling a little sick comes and goes a little less energy but so impressed with this medication Nothing at all I can't handle. I was so scared at first cause of some reviews. So glad I got this chance, will check back in at 4 weeks good luck everyone"

Luna (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Labs are back. hep-C non-detect after 12 weeks of treatment. Liver test all in normal range. Next blood test in 2 month 1-29-2019 ( 3 months after the end of the 12 week treatment.) Hopefully non-detect of Hep- C will mean the treatment was successful. I am so happy to be free of Hep-C. I feel great! Mavyret worked for me with very little side effects. Good luck to everyone on it or thinking about getting on it."

DJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Day 4 of 8 Week Treatment and have had a few side effects popping up already. Bloating and terrible itching. I feel really flushed. Lil background, was a drug addict but hasn't used for 9 yrs when I found out I had Hep C so I had it for at least a decade. I waited a year because I was scared of the treatment but was feeling so run down lately that I figured I needed to face it. My Viral Load wasn't too terrible, it was 880,000. Up from 440,000 last year when first diagnosed. I have an enlarged liver with bridging fibrosis but praying that Mavyret cures me. I feel lucky to have had the insurance approve it. This itching is so annoying tho, I think maybe upping my water intake may help. Anyway, I wish u all luck with ur treatment n will check back in with updates about my experience. Btw, I have Hep C Genotype 1A. Viral load 880,000."

1DopeBloke (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I found I had Hep C aprox., 20 years ago after being exposed to blood at Lipid research center. There was the old treatments at time but I chose to just use milk thistle until recently. I am 65 years old and was very fearful at first, but the changes I was going through told me to do it..I was recommended Mavyret. The first 2 weeks I had some pretty bad headaches and very tired.The headaches subsided some nauseousness and very tired. Some light sensitivity to my eyes..but mind you none of my symptom's made me want to quit. At 5th week Hep C was not detectable.. I finished all my medicine yesterday I feel so much better Even tho I am 65 years old I feel like I have a new life..Thanks for reading="

Pat November 14, 2018