User Reviews for Mavyret

Hepatitis C
8.9

Summary of Mavyret reviews 8.9 128 reviews

Reviews for Mavyret

For Hepatitis C "Second day on treatment. Great so far. Not too bad side effects, just a little fatigue. I'm outside all day for work and so far no problems. Was worried about taking this medicine, but the side effects are worth facing compared to the outcome of not talking it. I have chronic hep c Gen type 1a. Will keep you posted."

Rickster (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I have had hep c since 2010 (type 1). I started Mavyret Sept 22, 2018. The third day the side affects set in with bloating and a foggy head. I was advised to drink lots of water and this has helped me. I’m no longer experiencing any issues with my stomach. I recently switched from taking the medicine in the morning to taking it in the evening. I feel more clear headed. I have been able to work. I’m so grateful for that. I am tired but I’m able to continue with my routine."

HappyCamper (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I contracted what they called then non-A, non-B in 1981 from pint of blood given at birth of first child. Had no symptoms or so I thought til March 2018... looking back I see all kinds of symptoms including joint pain to the point I’ve walked with a cane 20 Years, and many other things. Today I took my first dose of mavyret... I had wanted Harvoni and have insurance to pay for it, plus no one could claim “I’m not sick enough” as a valid denial, but the drs seem to be tired of fighting insurance denials and are going straight for the mavyret now from the gate. Keeping a little diary of my days, I’m prescribed 12 weeks. It’s on. I have too many things left to finish in this life to quit now! I’m positive about getting better but do expect to feel crappy for a bit, as it’s part of the “healing crisis” when you’re killing bad stuff in the body. I’ll post more in a couple weeks."

An old lady October 12, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Day 7 on Mavyret and have had mild side effects. Some headaches and light nausea. Was really nervous to take this but so glad I’ve started. Going well so far. Side effects totally manageable. A little tired and seem to wind easily but still working out with a trainer. Keep you posted for week 2!"

LK In Cali (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I've had type 6 for 30 years and no cirrhosis present was denied the harvoni by my insurance company appealed it lost 3 times change doctors and got approved for the Mavyret. At week 4 my viral load was zero. I start week 8 tomorrow and then I have one more blood test for week 8 and a 3 month follow up. I have only had the headache and gas no other side effects, some itching here and there but nothing to warrant stopping using the mavyret. I am thankful it seems to be working for me so I will update you at week 8 blood work and 3 months after. If you are having trouble getting approved change drs. For some reason they got an approval 1st try no appeals so thankful and I hope everyone does well with the med!"

Happy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I am 10 days in and going well. 8 week treatment. So far just a headache a few times. Thinking it's from being dehydrated. Drinking more water now. Recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism so taking levothyroxine .075 mcg. Which I take at 2am so not to interfere with meds I take at breakfast with eggs and toast everyday. We are truly blessed all who have been given this opportunity to be cured. Keep your head up! Will post again when done."

HotSauce October 4, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I would not have started Mavyret with out all your comments. I've had hep-c for over 40 years. Got a liver transplant 15 years ago. 10 years ago went through the worst year ever while on an Interferon treatment which did not work. Since then my viral count went up to 12 million and I felt awful so finally agreed to try Mavyret 12 week treatment. I am now in week 5 of this treatment. No side effects to speak of actually feeling better. I do have to get weekly labs to monitor the Rapamune medication I must take for the transplant and I am a hard stick, a small price to pay. My 4 week labs indicated virus undetected. I will give a final review a few months after treatment to let you all know if my virus has retuned."

Nick (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2018

For Hepatitis C "On my 6th week. Just got a call from my nurse that so far, virus undetectable. The drug is doing its job. Doing a happy dance...even though side effects have been kind of heavy. I have felt the drug coursing through my veins and tissues. It kind of grips you as time goes on. I have experienced insomnia, minor headache, dehydration no matter how much water I drink, and some emotional problems due to impatience with not being able to sleep as good. Strange thoughts/ dreams, inability to cope at work under stress. Fatigue, heart palpitations. I know this is way better than the older treatments akin to chemotherapy. When you start Mavyret it is good to have patient supportive people and friends around you. Try to stay positive. I am grateful for the opportunity to get this treatment to kill the bug. I had a large viral load, but Mavy is working and I think I can endure 2 months of uncomfortable for a new start in life...a lifetime without a bug eating my liver. Happy dance!"

Corolla October 2, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I'm 3 weeks into a 12 week treatment. First couple of weeks were up down headache, nausea, fatigue. Third week much better. I find it's much easier if you stay hydrated. Not just a little bit, I'm talking at least a gallon of water a day. Sometimes more. I take my dose right before bed with a snack so I sleep through a lot of the beginning side effects. It works for me .Also high fat meals make absorption much better. Good luck all."

SHEMP (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I have had hep c for about 20 year. Today is my 3rd day on the medication I started on Saturday 9/29 @ 3:30pm on this day I only had a slight pressure headache however last night I went to bed with a slightly worse feeling in my head I woke up at 2:30am and again at 4am with my head pounding. I finally took 400mg of Ibuprofen went back to sleep woke up at 5:45am and headache was gone. The only other symptom I have noticed is itching on my palms and feet a little bit over my body as well. So far so good I will post again soon I am very thankful that was able to take this medication."

Teena Marie (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I’m on week 4 of Mavyret and I take it at night. I was diagnosed with hep c genotype 1a in 2015. I have battled mild depression/anxiety before taking this drug, however since being on it, the depression/anxiety has gotten significantly worse. So I started an antidepressant 4 days ago. I just noticed today in the shower that I’m also experiencing hair loss. I have had incredibly low energy the past 2 weeks and some nausea and diarrhea since starting this mavyret. But I am so grateful to finally have an opportunity to try this medication in hopes of a cure."

Newcreation (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I was diagnosed with Hep C in 99. I was never sick, until a couple years ago I started to lose energy. I did the Mavyret treatment and only had two days of side-effects and those were minimum. Now that I'm done taking the medicine, I've had the flu, and now I'm experiencing what seems like kidney stones. I also have been experiencing some pain in what seems like my liver or lung, up high on the right side when I reach for things."

OG (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Hepatitis C "The VA found my Hep C after decades. Genotype 2. I had no real symptoms. Took the Mavyret for four weeks. Viral load went from >3,500,000 to <12. Cured. Taking another 4 weeks of Mavyret. No sides to speak of. Feel great. Sleep great. Technology is amazing. Oh, the VA paid for everything :-) Good luck!"

BillBlack (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

For Hepatitis C "My First day on it. I will keep you updated."

Blessing (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

"I'm genotype 1a and was diagnosed with Hep C in 1990. I'm now on my second box of Mavyret. When I first started taking the medication, I had extreme itching and my doctor told me to take Benadryl which I've been doing. I also take Vistaril now and then which is much stronger and works like a Benadryl but better. I'm so glad I stuck with the treatment! I don't feel the heavy fatigue I used to have and my energy level is higher and I feel so much better! The other side effect I've been having is acne and skin blemishes but that's so minor compared to the other side effects I've been hearing about. I go for my lab work on Tuesday. Will check back after lab work results."

Dish (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2018

For Hepatitis C "First, I have to thank this forum. Talk about doing a service to the public. I ended my treatment 4 days ago of 8 weeks of treatment. And my results were negative for the Hep C virsus. Found out today, it means nothing to you take another blood test 3 months after you end treatment of Mavyret. If it worked. I am going to post one more time after this post. It’s just super sad and their are mass media commercials that do not explain the Hep C symptoms. Remember when you do not look sick no one believes you. With my experience with Hep C, depression started first. Seeking help to DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) in group meetings. Then the fatigue set in to I was in bed over 20 hours a day over 4 days a week. Wishing I was dead. Wanting to kill people I love which would only be acting on the temporary virus Hep C symptoms. No one properly explains the symptoms of Hep C and how bad it is. Hopefully someone understands my message"

LAMike (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Starting 2nd week and fighting extreme fatigue and minor headaches. Contracted Hep C from dirty transfusions in the early 70s. Already have Stage IV liver damage. Really hope the fatigue gets better. Waited too long for these meds to be invented. Head feels like it's full of mud. Retired - can't imagine trying to hold a job and go through this treatment."

Marle (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Two weeks in and things have been going as well as I expected. I'm genotype 1a. Fibrosis at a 2. The side effects are up and down. Most days I feel just OK. Not bad but not great. Some dizziness and very mild headaches on occasion. One particularly bad headache on day two I quickly realized was an allergy headache and completely unrelated to Mavyret. I've had some muscle and joint pain. This hasn't been very bothersome, though. Just feels sort of like I worked out every muscle in my body REALLY hard the day before. Stretching seems to help a lot with that. The first week was the worst and things have levelled out since then. If you can get this medication through insurance or patient assistance do it. I was really apprehensive and anxious going into it as I really don't like taking medication and avoid it whenever possible, but this has been a very manageable experience so far."

SmallRedBoy September 16, 2018

For Hepatitis C "My 63 year old brother died today. He took Mavyret for his Hep C. Cancer was not detected. Under a year after taking this medication, he died of cholangiocarcinoma (Bile duct cancer). We don’t know yet of the connection but he did not have it before. He was in healthy shape. He was diagnosed on August 6, 2018 and died today, September 15, 2018. We are heartsick."

MMC (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Hepatitis C "So I commented before. After 2 weeks viral load was 0. 4 weeks AST and ALT and all bloodwork normal! BUT, not to be ungrateful, my stomach is jacked up I have 2 weeks left. I have no energy, nonstop diarrhea and gas constant headaches (mild) I've found Tylenol helps better then Advil/naproxen. I start a new job in 2 days. I thought about going to ER today to get a stomach workup. But after reading other comments, makes me feel better the kidney/liver gas pain isn't that abnormal. I've also reported symptoms. Say a prayer for energy and diarrhea at new job hahaha! Even though I'm clear, I'll definitely keep taking meds to make sure I'm cured!"

Emistarr (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I’m CURED. Genotype 3. I did 16 weeks because I had prior unsuccessful treatment with interferon and ribavirin. Just did a blood test after 3 months the end of the treatment and virus is undetectable which means I’m cured. I feel thankful and amazing. Thanks for Mavyret. Let’s erradicate this disease."

Suppafly (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Well I am geno type 4 and I have had Hep C for 30 yrs now. I did the interferon treatment in 2008 and had to stop a month later. It attacked my red blood cells too much. So today is my first day taking this new treatment. I pray it works."

Cj September 13, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Hi everyone I've had hep c for a very long time early 90's. I try to get treatment but kept getting denied by my insurance as time went on my knees back & neck felt like I was 80 years old when I went back to see my GI doctor she told me it was from the hep C. So I wanted to try again and a biopsy was taken and some lab work. I got denied again so I waited for about a year and I switched my insurance and lo and behold I was approved for this medication. I'm on my third box, one box left which lasts a week and I have to go in the first week of October for my blood work. Now the first day I took the medicine had a headache, the second day I had a headache and I had really bad diarrhea and my stomach was flipping. So the diarrhea is not that bad but I still have them here & there right and now I'm in day 2 of feeling like I have the flu. I'm drinking ginger tea & soup. I can't wait the get this bug (hep c) out of my body will keep everyone posted in 3weeks."

Ms Gee (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Wife started her 1st day today a little trouble getting to sleep. We are both on low doses of Methadone also prescribed 1mg Xanax. I should be starting Harvoni in 2 weeks. So I'm a little worried, but more for her. This woman is my Rock and she has been dieting /working out for last 2 months she's a very up and ready to do this kind of person. With the Lords Blessing may she glide through these 8 weeks like a champ. Love ❤️ her more then she'll ever know. Will keep you posted."

Bones (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I’m 6 1/2 weeks into treatment. Found out I’m Geno 1. Week 5 was a rough one. 3-4 of the days was like I was not getting better. Super fatigue in bed 11 to 14 hours. Sore knee and ankle joints. Hep C symptoms. But the symptoms have pretty much subsided in week 6. My energy level is still about 50% in my opinion. Also I need to mention my job is outside and physical. I’m drenched in sweat daily. So I am pretty good on diet for more energy. Still a little concerned about my energy level, with only 10 days left. Will post again after treatment."

LAMike (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018