User Reviews for Mavyret

Hepatitis C   8.6

Reviews for Mavyret

kesh5a March 7, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “8 weeks result came back and I'm cured (below <15 not detectable) thank you Mavyret”

Tree March 7, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I’ve had hepatitis C 30 years+ . I have also had Hip B. I was told that there had been cases were my Hip b could reocurr. That could be very dangerous. But the benefits of being cured of hepatitis C out weighted the chance. I will be checked on and have been informed of any signs of hip b reoccurring. I am on day 9 of Mayvret treatment.I am grateful for the opportunity of being cured. I have had headache, a bit of nausea but it has seemed to calmed down. Last night and today I’ve been having some cramping in stomach area. If it continues I’ll call the Dr. I will stay in touch with my journey”

Rose Snow · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I've been taking Mavyret for 3 weeks now... the first 5 days were pretty rough. Extreme tiredness and headache.. as well as becoming winded when I'm just sitting there.. side effects now aren't as bad but still tired and headaches and after I take them my ears get super red and hot.. Oh and had massive hot and cold flashes. Waking up soaked in sweat. It seems each day is getting easier but still this stuff is potent! It has gotta be to get rid of the virus right? I'm super grateful for it even tho it makes me feel icky. I was so scared to start it due to the side effects but I'm almost half way there so I think I've made it past the hardest parts! Another thing.. it makes me super light and sound sensitive.. Anyone else have that issue?”

Johnnyutah · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2020

“I contracted Hepatitis-C, in 1998, from unsanitary tattoo equipment, and it has since gone untreated. I am a 56 year old male, genotype-1, and I began the treatment process four months ago. I started taking Mavyret two months ago, and experience very little side effects. No nausea, no headaches, slight fatigue, and I was able to maintain full time employment throughout. I was tested at the four week mark mark and there was no Hepatitis-C detected in my system. I took my medication at the same time every night before bed, with food, not missing a single dose. I have three days of treatment remaining, and my life has changed considerably. There is finally hope for the future and the stigma is gone. Don't give up hope. Take action!!! Even if you are low income like me, there are doctors and resources who will help you obtain treatment at no cost. This medication saved my life. Now I just have to quit smoking.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “After reading all the Mavyret reviews I made sure I took it at bedtime with a bottle of water. I am a 30 yr old Male, 5'10 , 160 lbs. I had no side effects at all. I just finished my 8 weeks and after my follow up test. I am negative for Hep C.”

Mrzdeb · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “Hi, I am on my second week of Mavyret treatment for hep C, Genotype 4a and have had Hep C for over 30 years. I have good days and some weird days! I take my meds @1130 AM with food. Definitely eat! Side effects for me have been anxiety in the midst of the COVID virus. (I live in FL) Waking up 3 -4 AM with anxious thoughts. Some fatigue during day. Headache very slight on and off. Hoping for a cure at the end of my 8 weeks! God bless everyone on this journey.”

Well · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “Yall I have had a good experience with Mavyret I have been on this meds for almost a month with no side affects. Gotten my first blood work it was non reactive I have 4 weeks to go. Please who ever is reading this, don't be scared like I was. It is worth every penny. Make sure you eat on it and drink a bottle of water. Take it at night at the same time and you will be fine. It's a one time go to be cured. I hope everyone have the same positive reactions. God bless and good luck”

Iamcured · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “After 36 years with type 1a and no scarring found via US and CT, failed IFN only and IFN + Ribavarin treatments and being positive during weeks 4 through 10 of treatment (total 12 weeks of treatment) I was undetectable at 4, 12 & 24 weeks post treatment! IFN treatments were 10 month long absolutely grueling and horrific experiences compounded by being unsuccessful. Mavyret was a breeze. Zero side effects and yesterday’s call from my MD was terrific news. I hope your HCV journey ends with Mavyret. And I got 12 weeks instead of 8 because I was low level positive throughout treatment while AST & ALT were normal from week 4 on.”

Jeannie March 13, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “Hi everyone, I'm from Germany, got HepC in the mid 80s. Happy there finally is an alternative to Interferon/Ribavirin! Started my 9th week (of 12) today. Only had very mild nausea and very mild diarrhea after the first doses, for 3-5 days, but did not feel sick or otherwise unable to work. Also had sudden fatigue that quickly disappeared after I had some rest. After the first week, I hardly even noticed I was on medication. Virus load was tested after W4 - and all HCV had gone, a miracle! Mid-July, I will have my SVR12 test. So let's keep spirits up, folks! Whatever the side effect - HepC has such a bad prognosis, high risks and may also have various co-diseases. There's rashes and joint/muscle pain (which I have had coming and going for some years now), and there may be many more. Hope for alleviation of my joint pain after the medication. I'd like to encourage everyone to go for the therapy. Let's get rid of the virus, and be free to live a healthy life!”

Anonymous October 31, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “I normally never write reviews but felt I needed to considering people are reading this when deciding to take the Mavyret. I, myself, did so before taking the medication and found myself hesitant and nervous because I am super sensitive to medication. Tomorrow will be my fourth week of taking it and it has been a lot easier than I had anticipated. My side effects have been dizziness, trouble focusing, coldness, slight nausea, tiredness. I had some anxiety which is now gone. The dizziness has decreased dramatically and I can focus much better now. My body just needed to acclimate to the meds. If I can offer advice to anyone who is reading this is to prepare. Drink 16 cups of water a day. Eat crackers for nausea and eat a big meal with the meds and rest when you body needs it. Take care of your body so it can take care of you. I can only speak to my experience of the medication. For me, it has been a lot easier than I had anticipated. Don’t let fear stop you. You can do this.”

Ken · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “Just finished my 8 week treatment with mavyret. Had no side effects. Dr called said no hep c virus was detected. So thankful go back check again in July. I had hep c 28 years always felt so tired. Hoping now that it's gone I can start feeling better and enjoy life and not want to go to sleep all the time. Feeling grateful...”

Shanball · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I just finished my 8 week course. The side effects are minimal but still suck, it really depends on your lifestyle choices. I'm an avid coffee drinker so guess who dealt with headaches everyday despite how much water I drank. The nausea levelled out and FYI the bigger the meal is the better. You get much less side effects that way. I took it with a glass of milk. The thicker liquid gave the medication a better absorbancy which = less side effects. I have alopecia areota and had thinning of hair during treatment but I expected that due to underlying illness. I couldn't wait to finish this because the side effects basically got on my nerves I was tired of being tired but they weren't unbearable I could still function fine. I just kept in mind the day I got to "cross the finish line' a healthier version of myself thanks to mavyret. I was non detected at my 4 week visit btw. Despite some mild side effects that get on your nerves it's totally worth it, your future you will thank you for doing this.”

LAMike · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2018

For Hepatitis C: “First, I have to thank this forum. Talk about doing a service to the public. I ended my treatment 4 days ago of 8 weeks of treatment. And my results were negative for the Hep C virsus. Found out today, it means nothing to you take another blood test 3 months after you end treatment of Mavyret. If it worked. I am going to post one more time after this post. It’s just super sad and their are mass media commercials that do not explain the Hep C symptoms. Remember when you do not look sick no one believes you. With my experience with Hep C, depression started first. Seeking help to DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) in group meetings. Then the fatigue set in to I was in bed over 20 hours a day over 4 days a week. Wishing I was dead. Wanting to kill people I love which would only be acting on the temporary virus Hep C symptoms. No one properly explains the symptoms of Hep C and how bad it is. Hopefully someone understands my message”

Carebear · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I started this medication 5 days ago. The 1st 3 days were horrible. I had a headache that was just so bad and had moments of flu-like symptoms. I was going to discontinue it and thank goodness I didn't. On the 4th day, all side effects were gone! I am drinking at least 2 litres of water per day, which was recommended to ease the headaches. So far so good! I will post an update soon.”

Survivor, · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I started the Mavyret, 7 days ago. I feel GREAT, I have found out that to keep the nausea away, it is best taken at night with food a few hours before bed. Drink plenty of liquids and eat your meals , do not skip eating. I take 40mg of Omeprazole in the morning with a large glass of water. I have survived Esophogus Cancer, and very sensitive to medication, So I was worried about the nausea other have reported. I tremble a little with the medication, so I increased my liquids and it stops. I hope whom ever reads this, try the medication and get rid of the HEP C.”

SWashington · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I completed the course. It has been the 90 days, and, I. AM HEP C ,FREE. Now. Yay! The best way to use the medication is to eat with it at night. Drink water. Stay well hydrated. Very little side effects, easier than chemo was. Well worth the 8 weeks treatment to be Hep C, free.”

Kaje · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “Before taking this medication I read all the comments on this post... they literally had me scared to death! So scared that I postponed starting the medication for almost a week. I’m now 1 week into the medication and I’ve had zero side effects so far. At this point I’m starting to think (for the biggest part) only people who had negative experiences with it cared enough to review it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2020

“I've been taking mavyret for 5 days, I have a slight headache sometimes and I feel quite tired but apart from that I'm fine so far. Cool to read others experiences with this. Seems my symptoms are fairly normal. Gonna be weird being well after 40 years but I'm ready!!❤️❤️✌️✌️”

4evagr8ful · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “Hello I am 34 year old female who has had hep c for 12 years now. I quit smoking cigarettes two years ago and do not drink. My bloodwork before starting the medicine showed no signs of liver scarring. I decided to take the pills at nighttime after eating dinner. I drink plenty of water every day and eat pretty healthy. I have 5 more days left of the medicine then I am done! I did not experience any side effects and my recent bloodwork was negative for the hep c virus!!! I go back in 12 weeks to confirm a cure!”

Washington women January 14, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I have had Hep C for 25 years. Stage 4 cirrhosis I'm the liver. I was only able to tolerate the medication for 5 weeks and 5 days. Basically it gave me really dark thoughts I've never had before or since stopping the medication. my doctor agreed that everybody is unique but my situation was unusual and I had to stop the medication The other side effects I experienced were nervousness, loss of appetite, muscle aches , just all around feeling physically nasty but it was the mental side effects that I had the most issues with . I've actually read reports from the VA that several people have experienced the same suicidal thoughts. My doctor informed me that I am most likely was not cured because I didn't complete the 12 weeks. I was told I'd have to do another medication if I tested positive for hep C. Today I called for the results... I'm cured.”

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I'm on my third week of Mavyret at my 2 week mark they did lab work to make sure the medicine was doing it's job & not making it worse, almost a month ago my liver function were at a 160 & 116. On my third week and my lab work came back and my liver function is 27 and 16 ”

gr8fulwoun · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “I have had hep c since 2000 but did not have insurance that would cover mavyret until recently. The side effects were not a concern to my doctor. I was seriously ill with bone pain, nausea, fatigue and headaches. Worst of all, about halfway into treatment I started getting severe panic attacks - I had never had a panic attack in my entire life. My doctor said it had nothing to do with the medication. Uh, yes it did. I also developed red lesions on my hands, feet and legs that have not stopped forming even after three weeks of being off the medication! My doctor says that it is psoriasis which I have never had as well. I am still suffering with the anxiety and skin lesions today. I hope it worked so it is worth all these side effects. I find out in January if I am free of Hep C but my mid treatment blood work showed good signs, so pray for me, pray these lesions go away too, please! Thanks for all the posts and supports. I do not feel so alone.”

Cc · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I’m on week 4 of Mavyret, I don’t it at night with a meal and milk I’ve had very minimum side effects still have mild headaches in morning but I’m grateful for this treatment and look forward to living life don’t give up”

Michelle5051 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “Coming back 8 months later to speak about experience. Did a 2 month treatment of Mavyeret. My viral load dropped significantly. Went for ending blood work (still had a viral load less than 12) worse part medication was done. I was devastated. I assumed I didn't clear. The doctor said "the medication still works. Come back in a month for another test . I had little hope. Went back in month, UNDETECTED. Just did my six month test..UNDETECTED. It's safe to say, my Hepatitis C, is gone. The doctors feel safe to say it. Point being.. When your meds are done, the medication still continues to work for upwards of a month. If your viral load is low at the end, chances are, it will show undetected a month later. Do! Not! Give! Up! Have hope! When you have nothing else, you still have hope.”

A · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I'm only on my second day of Mavyret and it is kicking my butt. I'm not a complainer but this medication really makes me feel out of it. Nausea, dizziness, headache, and tiredness are also side effects I'm having. I had no liver damage and had a pretty load viral load. I'm 26 and obviously will continue treatment to cure my hep c but it's not a pleasant feeling. I'm currently taking my medication in the morning with light food. Maybe I should switch to before bed? Is that better? 7 weeks to go! Itll be fine.”

Frank October 31, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “I looked at other reviews before taking this medication and it made me not want to take it. I have 0 problems. No side effects whatsoever. Have been taking this for few weeks now. Do not let the reviews turn you off of this medicine. Will write another review when complete.”

CM&JM · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “Me and my husband have had hep c for around 11 years. We are both heathy, we do not take any medications and are moderately active. We are starting week 4 on mavyret. We did some research before starting and decided to take the pills at night with supper, best idea ever. It does make you feel tired when first taken. We have had no side effects, we drink plenty of water and eat healthy as we were told to by our doctor. We are confident the next 5 weeks will be the same. Thank you mavyret and good luck to everyone!”

J · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “Well, tonight's the first night on Mavyret. Took it right after dinner, with lot's of water. Genotype 1, have had this curse since the mid 70's. Really never experienced bad symptoms, but it's time to get rid of the monkey on my back! I will update everyone over the next 8 weeks, wish me luck.”