User Reviews for Harvoni

Learn more about Harvoni.

Hepatitis C 304 reviews 25 medications

8.7
Summary of Harvoni reviews 304 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Harvoni

For Hepatitis C "I gave this a 10 but I am only on day 10 of Harvoni. So far so good, no real side effects, no headache no fatigue. My skin is itching a bit and have read other comments that they also had itchy skin. If that is all the side effects I'll take it. I have a little insomnia at night but had some before treatment anyway. I do drink 80 0z of water daily eat clean and work out at gym daily. I have had this monster for 40+yrs and just found out. Yes I will clear this virus and will get back with rating once cleared . I am on it for 12 weeks. I take in am 7:30 or 8:00.Good luck to everyone I think this is the miracle drug-Think positive."

MER1949 (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I don't have side effects just a headache, I worked all time and followed the instructions, after of 30 days my blood test was negative."

SANOR (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I took this medication for 8 weeks. The first 2 nights I had headaches but nothing I couldn't deal with. That is the ONLY time I could even tell I was on the medication. There is no trace of the virus in my blood work. This medication is FABULOUS it worked for me and I would recommend it to anyone. There is a newer drug out now where you don't even have to go get bloodwork throughout the process. Science is awesome."

Anonymous August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I started taking Harvoni after a year trying to get approval from insurance company. I'm on my second week no side effects except for one day big headache and vomiting. But I am feeling more energy since I started. Next week will be my 1st. Follow up appointment. So far good. A lot of faith."

Eoyola (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I had Hep C Genotype 1a for around 40 years . I believe I picked it up in the 70s. I found out about it early 90s . I was tired and grumpy and had to push myself past exhaustion often. From then on I determined not to let it get me down, and to exercise, not drink alcohol, and do all I could to remain healthy. When Harvoni became available it was like a huge blessing, I was so grateful for the chance to get rid of HepC. I realised what a priceless gift I was being given, went to bed by 9 pm every night, exercised and did all I could to help it work. I did not experience side effects, except of a positive nature. Thank you Harvoni, I am cured. Yay!!!"

Suzie Deyris (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "In week ten and getting through it but the side effects are difficult. Fatigue and cloudy minded as well as headaches and nausea. Its worth it though. I fought my insurance company for 2 years and finally bought it overseas myself for 1100."

Mom4four (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Hey, does anyone have severe allergy-like reactions after stop taking Harvoni? I was genotype1b, and was prescribed a two 28-days of Harvoni. My medical report says the virus was undectective after my first blood test after taking the medication, roughly about 28 days. I felt very happy about the result. But, I kept feeling like I got a strong flu and allergy reaction, sneezing, coughing and running nose. First thought I was catching cold since I was in the office, the AC was pretty hard. And my house was surrounded by a lot trees, I may got severe allergy reaction. (Only this year starts the reaction, I never felt like that ever before). Now I started to think if it's the medication gets me that strong reaction. It affected my sleep too!!"

Erica72 July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I took 12 weeks of it. I'd had Hep C since the 60's probably, stage 2 grade 2 liver, Genotype 1B. ZERO side effects, you could have snuck it in my coffee. I felt nothing from it, absolutely nothing. Cured, marvellous stuff. This month marks 2 years. My insurance said I wasn't close enough to death to get it. I got VERY lucky and hit the small window (6 months of so) when Gilead was giving it away - free to people that couldn't afford it. I'm very surprised to read about all these side effects because again, I felt nothing from it. But afterwards I felt something huge - relief."

JJOregon July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "The people that developed Harvoni should receive the Nobel Peace Prize for medicine. I carried this virus for 40 years! Took the pill for 24 weeks and so far, I'm cured! This is nothing short of a miracle. I only hope that Many more people can be cured also. Thanks for saving my life. Sincerely, Todd C."

Rm0319 June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Today I got my 3 month follow-up blood test and it came back undetected! I am cured, I was a stage 2 so my liver will fully recover. This virus has been with me almost all my life, 45 years and I consider it a miracle how easy it was to cure. I feel great and one thing I know is that whatever kills me, it won't be my liver. I wish you all the same cure results."

Sky50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I think I have had every side effect listed and some not. The swelling of my hands and joint pain, headache, itching, rash, small sores on my scalp but, some of these side effects were short term lasted about a week except the swelling of joints and feeling like my legs weight 100 pounds a piece and the fatigue is unreal but have a hard time sleeping when I wake up is when the hands and joint pain is at it's worst. I've been on Harvoni almost 8 weeks. I go to the doctor today fingers crossed hope to God my blood work is clear and they take me off the Harvoni. I just took it one day at a time praying the results will have made it worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Wannabehepcfree And all others that think they can't afford these drugs. Contact the drug manufacturer. Each drug has their own programs to pay for the drugs, if insurance will not. Treatment is available to everyone. You just have to go straight to the drug manufacturers themselves. This is how I did the peg-interferion, ribovirun them drugs sucked. I start new drugs in September 2017 and am really nervous. Past drugs made white blood cell count go really low, I had zero energy but worst of all I felt like I had insects under my skin constantly. I failed treatment. Haven't heard any of you say you had itching or the feeling of bugs under skin so ya! That's good. Good luck to all."

MmMic (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I began treatment April 27 and am almost done. If I had known how severe the side effects would be I would have opted for another treatment. I have had debilitating headaches, nausea, vomiting and extreme fatigue and can't get my blood pressure under control. It has been dangerously high. The doctors prescribe this medication and then are not equipped to help you with the side effects or have not done their homework and so you're on your own. Too much to say for this text. I would not recommend it."

Mother2929 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I was diagnosed Feb. 2016. My viral load at that time was 14 million. My insurance company made me wait 6 months before they approved it. I started taking it in Nov 2016 and my 4 week viral test was less than 15 copies per deciliter. I took it the whole 12 weeks and at the end my viral load was undetectable. I just had my 3 month test and still undetectable. I only took it a night before I went to bed. No side affects at all"

Rob1919 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Hi, I just got my first bottle, but the pills are white ... Is it ok?"

Vero62fr (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I had Hep C for 14 years without treatment. Took Harvoni for 8 weeks with no side effects and I'm now 100% cured!"

Cindy2001 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have to agree with Anna, I am on my first week, I have had this infection since 2012 when I was diagnosed. I am very excited to be PURE AGAIN, Completing this will be another success for me and only make me a stronger person. I have to say I feel really weak and have fatigue, I drink a whole lot of water and some Protein shakes during my day. Just like anything it is ONLY ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!"

Terri (From Nor Cal) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I found out in 2003 that I had Hep-C I waited and put it off cause I was scared of those interferon injections . As my liver enzymes rose and I had a bought off medical issues. I contacted a hep clinic in my area and they excepted me for the Harvoni treatment which I took from Apr. 2015/ July 2015 I was on it for 12 weeks cause I also had cirrhosis. After 5 wks my blood work detected no infection. Then of course after the 12 I was cured and feel great. Never had a side effect or anything from this miracle drug . This drug should be available to everyone ."

Thankful 2 May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I've been taking Harvoni for 6 weeks now. I'm 28 years old, no liver cirrhosis, I've never done a treatment before. I take it just before I go to bed. I've had no side effects this way. The key is to drink as much water as you can. I try to drink a half gallon of water before I fall asleep. I got my labs back yesterday, Hep c is officially undetected in my body. I will continue taking the drug until week 8, and then come back in once more in six months to make sure it's completely gone. It should be noted that this is a tier 1 drug, meaning its very expensive. Something like $1,000 a pill. But if you're considering this treatment don't be put off by this number, I paid $30 a bottle with insurance."

dillbag (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Next Monday 5/22 makes 4 weeks on Harvoni. The first 4 days I felt zero side effects. However day 5,6,7 no sleep and on day 7 the worst headache in my life lasted all day. Since then the side effects have started to diminish. This morning I do not have a headache and finally started sleeping again. I am up to 8 hours."

tbo577703 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "In 2016, 8 weeks of Harvoni cured my Hepatitis C - I must note that I did have a low viral load; the issue with Harvoni is that during my last week of on Harvoni, I noticed some slight swelling of my hands and within the next few weeks the swelling became worse; I developed a lump on my forearm (later diagnosed a a rheumatoid nodule) and my eye sight became progressively worse - my hepatitis c was cured but my quality of life deteriorated - ANA was negative but rheumatoid factor was high and I could no linger hold a cup; pain, swelling of hands & developed a pilot cataract with my eye sight tested at being 300/20; I firmly believe these developments are directly related to Harvoni - I know I am not the only person this has happened too"

MarianP May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm 52, female, HIV+, Cancer survivor, Liver Transplant Recipient. I was one of the people who studied this medication through clinical trials. I tried all the other treatments, but none of them cleared the Hep C. During the trials, a slightly different combo of this medicine worked within 4 weeks. As my liver was already severely damaged, I developed cirrhosis, then cancer, then I had a transplant. After 3 months Hep C was detected in the new liver. I was immediately placed on Harvoni. I've cleared within 4 weeks again! I do have side effects. The main one is headache. Then nausea, slight fatigue and the occasional throw up session (which lasts only a few minutes, then I'm fine). I do get a dizzy feeling, but it is not a problem at all."

Tried and True (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm on day one, really excited to get on week 12 and leave all this in the past, thank you all for your comments, God bless :)"

Panchle (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am 22 years old and I have had the virus since 2015 .I started Harvoni on February, after 2 months of taken the pill once a day, the virus was not detected but I continued with the 3rd month of medication and now I will do the final blood test .I am really hoping that I will be cured because I really want to put this behind me. My symptoms are fatigue, nausea, headache ,muscles aches, tiredness but I don't care because the result was amazing .Don't be discouraged you never know how strong you are until you go through it so good luck everyone"

Anna 22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm only rating this a 9 because of a few side effects....mostly in the beginning. Stomach aches and tmi loose bowels. After about 6 weeks hep c wasn't detected in my blood anymore. I have about 3 weeks left of this treatment. My energy comes and goes but I have depression so I'm on other meds. I feel as if they don't interact well with the harvoni...but finishing this treatment is my goal. I will be tested when I'm done and then a few months afterwards. I'm very thankful"

Momluvs5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017