User Reviews for Harvoni

Learn more about Harvoni.

Hepatitis C 271 reviews 23 medications

8.8
Summary of Harvoni reviews 271 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Harvoni

For Hepatitis C "Finished the treatment. Killed the virus but I lost all motivation. I was very active and athletic before treatment, but lost all motivation after treatment. Experienced insomnia during and after treatment. I had the feeling of being malnourished despite eating very healthy diet during treatment and somewhat still. I finished my treatment almost a year ago. Not totally happy with this drug."

Interlude March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Look. Ending 8th week. 2 months only. ... 22 months ago my AST & ALT were over 480. Stage 3 Cirrhosis..... MELD Score not too bad but prognosis not good.... I JUST got my blood checked today. AST & ALT 40 & 35. NORMAL...And...NO SIGN of Hep C virus at all? Re-sent. Same results as few weeks ago...? Wow. How can this be? It's a miracle as I have been very sick for at least 3 years"

Charlie Comic March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I thankful I went on this drug. The only side effects I experience was feeling tired, and weak the first month. After that I felt so good. Never did I get sick once. I even had more energy than I had before I started this treatment. My treatment lasted for 16 weeks. I hope this will encourage other's to get treatment. You will live in peace knowing you are cured of this terrible disease."

Sob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Just took my first pill. Tried Pegasus and then ribiviran and interferon. Neither worked. "

Jagammy March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I started Harvoni on Dec 26,after 2 months of taken the pill once a day,I was cured of the virus,I continued with the 3rd month and tomorrow is the final day and the final pill. I had absolutely NO SIDE EFFECTS the entire time. I am one Grateful man at 64 years old. THANK YOU SO MUCH"

WEATHERMAN 64 March 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I started Harvoni in September 2016 and as I started the second month of this medication I ended up in the ER with congestive heart failure. As to this date March 17 2017, I am still no better. I was healthy before this medication had no problems besides Hep C. Wish I would had never took the medication."

Timbo1957 March 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Been taking Harvoni near 8 weeks. Stage 4 liver cirrhosis. Was really very sick and many doctors just didn't know why. I had tested for Hep C two times in last 10 years and was negative. Dr says no way would do that much damage to my liver unless had like 10 years. Hard to say if side effects from Harvoni or liver damage side effects as similar. But tired and occasional nausea and headaches.BUT. This week had blood done myself and AST/ALT down from high 100's to 35/45 which is normal range. Had been as high as 487 just 2o months aga. So it feels like a miracle to me. But many people have stated they got cancer from the drug so we have to see. My quality of life was dismal and so the risk is equal to my feelin. See Dr again in 2 weeks."

Charlie Comic (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "My husband took Harvoni for 6 months completed treatment on January 31, 2016. On February 17, 2017, he passed away from a massive heart attack without finding out if he was virus free."

RobertKG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "On my 8th week with Harvoni, headaches, fatigue and stomach pain, but light very tolerable. Had the virus for 40 years, 13 million when I started now not detected. Too good to be true! But it is!!! Got it in the army!!"

Guillo24 March 10, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "58 mail here Genotype 1a Start of treatment Viral load 8 million after 1 month HCV Not Detected. Thank goodness for Gilead. Good luck to all."

Rich86314 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I started Harvoni Feb 2 with a viral load of 8,230,000 After 1 month now it says. Hepatitis C Quantitation HCV Not Detected. Two more months This medicine is a miracle drug. Thank you for Gilead"

Rich86314 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "My last pill was July 28th of 2016 tested negative end of June negative Oct and last blood draw Jan 2017 I am cured. They say if negative after 6 months you are cured"

Gizzier (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "The first week I took this med it kicked my butt. My symptoms were fatigue, nausea, headache and insomnia. I then started to drink a lot of water And I was feeling so much better (fatigue here and there) but nothing you can't handle. Totally worth it!! Drink lots of water to stay Hydrated!!!"

ParticularlyPatty February 27, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I'm male 58 years old. I've been sick for sometime. Had been tested for Hep C before and was negative. Many doctors-varied opinions what was wrong. Then I walked into a doctor that in short after looking at all my blood testing had me re-tested for Hep. Surprise! it came back positive...This after I was scanned and showed stage 4 cirrhosis and basically felt like crap. Had a few other issues but doctor checked my meld count and got me approved for Harvoni and I have been taking for 6 weeks. Hard for me to say if medications side effects are extreme. Have had similar issues for awhile but some days keep me up or weirdly make me groggy mid day. I'll post again after my bloods done and see Dr next week. God Bless you all."

Charlie Comic (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Want to give a update. I have been on Harvoni for 4 weeks and just had blood test for CMP, CBC, HCV and PCR all came back normal. I must say there is a lot of anxiety waiting for results with this condition. So relieve they came back normal so I am hopeful. I have 4 more weeks of medication to take and then more blood test. Can someone explain, if test come back normal after 4 weeks you are not cured then?"

Pause 17 February 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Although my labwork returned an ever-increasing positive note for the duration of the treatment, 3 months after treatment indicated I am one of the 4%. Statistics be damned!"

benden February 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I'm 16 doses of a 12 week regimen, I take the drug at 5pm I eat about 4 hrs. Before, if I don't extreme stomach cramps and diarrhea, this will last for about 2 hours. Soreness in leg and arm pits and arms, foggy and fatigue easily. I will get my 1st blood work results on mon. Sleepy in about 2hrs. after I take it, and I have insomnia.I do have not a great appetite any more. I'm 65 yrs old and retired. I don't work, so I have that luxury of taking it easy .I don't know how I got it. It's been ticking in me for about 20 yrs.that I know of. I will let you know about my blood work. Good luck everyone and hang in there because it does work."

Nodaey65 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "One month post treatment of 8 weeks. I had quite of the side effects, the mood swings, insomnia and depression were the worst. However, it was well worth it. My side effects wore off 2 weeks ago. I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH, A WHOLE LOT OF WATER MINIMISES THOSE SIDES. This was especially hard for me because actually I don't like water but I had to drink plenty and it worked 95% of the time. Unlike others I actually lost weight due to the lost of an appetite. Before treatment I had the same problem. I said that to say its different for some people. Just in case you happen to experience the side effects. Don't be discouraged you never know how strong you are until you go through it. ITS WORTH IT, I'M NEGATIVE FOR THE VIRUS."

MsNola318 February 13, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C " Today I took the number 28 and tomorrow visit with the doctor, and analytics of blood and urine, to see how it works ... I'll tell you how it is, side effects only headache one day and two days nausea but all very Light "

Anonymous February 12, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I was put on Harvoni for eight weeks...I was Hep C do to massive transfusions I got in Vietnam. Nobody knew about Hep C way back then, I've been told. Anyway, took the drug which I could not afford ($1000.00) a pill. Gilead, the manufacturer paid for it. God bless BigPharma!! One year later....I AM CURED!!! Oh btw I had no noticeable side effect what so ever."

MAGAdude (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I've completed a 12 week course of Harvoni successfully at the end of 2016. The pills have worked a treat for me and I only had a slight upset stomach for the first 2 days, after that I was feeling very tired and would run out of energy in the early afternoons at work. A side effect that seems common, but is not mentioned however, is WEIGHT GAIN !!! I didn't change my diet but have somehow managed to gain a solid 10kgs !!! I still haven't worked out a way to lose the weight, it almost seems as if my metabolism has changed altogether - has anyone else experienced this? I'm fit and active, run half marathons, but the weight is sticking to me like the plague. Though in saying all that, thank goodness for Harvoni - it saves lives!!!"

Malin86 February 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have been on Harvoni for 13 days now and wanted to give a update on how I feel. First, my viral load is 5200000 and am a stage 2 and have hep c for 45 years and just found out I had it Oct. 16. I am taking harvoni for 8 weeks. Overall I have been feeling OK. I am still working and was concerned if the medication would effect me and my ability to work. It has been no problem. I have experienced a dull headache but not enough to take anything for it. It comes and goes but doesn't seem to last very long. Before Medication I sleeped about 7 hours now it seems like it is about 5 to 6 but the funny thing is I don't seem to be tired. Will check in again to update."

Pause17 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have had hep C for 40 plus years it has not made me sick at all. This is all a scam. Save your $100,000.00"

hep c is a scam (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Diagnosed with HepC in 2011, After a long battle with my insurance company finally got approved for Harvoni with the help of Patient Advocate Foundation and the fact that the insurance company waited way too long to come to a decision on my original appeal at their denial. Have been taking it now for thirteen days and at my first blood test was told my condition is stable. I haven't experienced any of the side effects so many others have reported. I take my medicine while at work with no problems. I am really praying that I will be cured because I really want to put this behind me. Will update later when I hopefully get the good news that my blood is back clear and untainted. I have faith that I will be another success story for Harvoni."

Can't wait till i'm CURED! (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I am 36 year old and had Hep C since 2004. Just start taking Harvoni it does not have any side effects at all...I can't believe it...today I took my 11 th Big Pil. I am happy I am gonna cure...thank to GOD! 12 week time"

Mmmmmmgggjeudugeksjz February 2, 2017