User Reviews for Sofosbuvir

Also known as: Sovaldi

Learn more about Sofosbuvir.

Hepatitis C 40 reviews 23 medications

7.5
Summary of Sofosbuvir reviews 40 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Sofosbuvir

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was unsuccessfully treated five years ago with pegasys interferon and ribavirin for Genotype 3a. I never recovered from the multiple side-effects, both physical and cognitive and emotional. I am now on week 9 of the sovaldi/daklinza treatment combination. I took my first dose in the evening, and when I awoke and for the next three days felt unbelievably wonderful. Clarity of mind, natural optimism and energy returned to the level of my pre-treatment days. I was stoked! However, this did not last and since those early days I have had muscle/joint aches, fatigue, a low mood, itchy face, unsatisfying sleep and severe neuropathy of the hands/feet (including during the day). I will update at end-of-treatment."

Angie K November 19, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was diagnosed with Hep C in 95, but may have had it for many years prior. I was asymptomatic and decided not to do interferon or any of the other treatments after seeing the terrible side effects in people I knew. When I heard about Horvani and at 61 years of age, I decided it was time. After bloodwork it was determined that with my Hep C type, Solvaldi and Daklinza were what I needed. I felt virtually no side effects and didn't miss a day of work. After one month my labs showed the disease to be undetectable in my blood. I was overjoyed that the Hep C was gone ( os so I thought). Unfortunately my labs after completion of the 12 weeks showed it had returned. My viral load is now 39."

GuyBeez October 12, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am a 59 year old women who has successfully cured of my Hep C. for 2 1/2 years. I Had contracted Hep C from a blood transfusion in 1985.. My acute phase I was fluish, fatigued and very nauseous. Fast forward 25 years and the chronic phase began with nausea, extreme rashes, and terrible fatigue. I felt 80 years oldI I was Genotype 1 with liver stage 3 and viral load off the chart. I waited for the new medicine to be approved and started my 12 week treatment. I took Sovaldi, ribavirin and Interferon. I was very sick from the shots. I got C-diff, it lasted 1 month. I did not respond to the antibiotics. Then I developed multiple blood clots in my legs. It was a hard 12 weeks. But today I feel like I have a new life! Life is good"

Debdute (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I had hepatitis C type 3A I received sovaldi and ribavirin for 24 weeks the side effects were mild if any at all I am thankful to have received treatment. after 4 weeks virus was undetectable been almost two years since I finished treatment I had a blood test just recently and I was hepatitis free undetectable I recommend the treatment to anyone who has hepatitis C it's well worth it"

Donovan von August 22, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "My father has started the treatment 2 months ago, and the virus in your blood lowed. However, the sides effects has being terrible. My father feel worse now than before the treatment. He has cognitives problems now, problems to speak, he lost interest in everything. We did a magnetic ressonation in your brain and they found a tumor probably linked to the medicine. My father is transplanted, now we are trying to figure out this, because he cant do the treatment to solve the tumor."

Samuel negrao August 10, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have HCV genotype 3a the first 50 days were fine. Mild headaches to being with which dissipated after two weeks. The usual joint pain I had been experiencing has gone which is great. How ever from day 50 onwards i have had constipation which has been getting progressively worse. At first I was eating about 150g of prunes that helped but I have never had constipation like this before. I switched to Movicol and at first it helped somewhat but then the nothing I guess I am going to have to get suppositories next. Has anyone else experienced this during the treatment also I feel nauseous."

Bruce2 July 20, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hi, I have had hep c for at least 25 years would not take the old treatment. Now I'm taking Solaldi /Daklinza my Geno type is 2 A and 2 C - my viral load was 28 million when I started meds ,after 4 weeks viral load was undetced. Just finished my 6th week today. I'm going thru the County Hospital in Dallas,Tx Had no problems getting my meds as Medicare just approved them. So keep trying to find help. I have had very few side affects mild headache for ten minutes not even enough to take a Tyanol the 1st few days. I did itch at the start took allergy med a few days and every so often. I feel better taking the hep c meds my brain fog is better and I sleep like a baby! I take my meds at 7pm on time every night & have to go to bed by 9 pm"

Candra 78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Taken in combo with Ribavirin over a 24 week course, my second treatment since my failed Interferon/ribavirin (24wks) treatment 2 years prior. The Sovaldi treatment failed for me as well and I am beginning another treatment with Sovaldi and another combo that is not Ribavirin."

mrbreeeeze (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "g2b started sovaldi with ribavirin this morning. After 1hr I had a weird taste in my mouth and uneasy stomach all day. I took my 1st dose at 6am and by about 1pm I felt 98%normal. Then 3 more ribavirin at 5 now I have upset stomach feel irritable. 89 more days hopefully the side effects taper off after a few days like I've read they do. As long as in the end I'm virus free then this is a small price to pay for prolonging my life and not having to worry about death from liver failure."

peter pickle April 17, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "This is my 2nd time on treatment, this time with Sovaldi added to Ribvirin and Interferon. I feel terrible today I had my 2nd week injection last night and I can't remember feeling this bad last time. I'm getting sharp pains near where my liver is and my back is really aching. I Don't feel myself and I am up and down emotionally thinking about death and that and not been there to see my 2 year old daughter grow up. I'm not suicidal though. I gotta hang in there! 11 weeks to go."

mark ash (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have geno type 3. I've been taking it for two weeks. I feel elevated. Like I'm high on something"

Skweeky (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have had Hep since ~1980 - never knew about Hep-C till around the late 1990's when they first could diagnose. I was diagnosed Hep-C genotype 2 in August 2015 and began a 16-week regime of Sovaldi-Ribavirin after appeal/approval by my insurance in ~Nov. 2015. I have a small (1.4CM) spot of cancer on my liver which was just treated this week (Jan. 2016). I have very little fibrosis and my MELD is 7.5. As of DEC. 2015 my HepC is undetectable - with a duplicate test this last week (Jan 2016). I am about half way through the third 28-day supply of my 16 week regime - thus I have about another 6 weeks to go. I have had little to no side effects and I feel blessed to have had this treatment. I think it will add quality years to my life."

klapa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have Hep C genotype 2 and was prescribed solvaldi and rib; solvaldi once a day rib 3 in morning then 3 at night.. 4 weeks into tx my viral load is undetected!!! The nurse advised even tho this is the best possible outcome, to keep up the meds for the remaining 2 months , I think, gladly !"

Amd1984 January 14, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I got this medicine last month, and am now start to getting good results."

DavidKingNow January 11, 2016

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took the Sovaldi Ribavirin combo when it came out in 2014. I had genotype 3 of Hep C (habitual IV drug user) which has a much lower success rate than gens 1 & 2 (@ 25% lower!), so I prepared to be disappointed. But I dosed at the same time every day, did not miss a single one, and followed my doc's instructions to the letter. I pre-planned my Tx thoroughly bc I have a history of very bad luck with my physical health. But in 4 wks I was Undetectable! And felt like total crap and had hallucinations in the first month, I think that is rare but still not fun at all! Once I acclimated to the meds it subsided, but I still felt awful overall for the whole 6 months. I have been done with Tx over a year and still Undetectable - so it works!"

Trot Nixon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 26, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I started my hepatitis treatments on Nov 15th of this year.. I have had some bad side effects. Diarrhea, nauseous alot, muscle aches and headaches. I just found out that the Insurance company only paid for the first month of treatments. I don't know what's going to happen now because I no longer have insurance. But I would rather go thru the side effects than get no treatments at all"

trishdaughtrey December 14, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am 59 years old and female . Had or have type 3. Had to take Sovaldi / Ribavirin treatment for 24 weeks. It was 24 weeks of hell, I think I had every side effect listed and then some. Seriously thought at the beginning the dose was so high I thought I would die, they lowered the dosage because my red blood cell count got so low I had to give myself shots of epogen to fix my blood. But treatment stopped in sept. And in november the hep c is not detected in my blood. But I still have lasting side effects , don't think I'll ever be my old self again. But right now I'm still alive. My advice to everyone is, before you try it read everything you can and talk to your doctor about side effects ! No one told me anything!!"

I'm not sure December 1, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Im not completely finished with treatment but regardless of mild side effects im completely greatful for this medicatio. Thank you Gilead!! Sincerely brandooks"

brandooks (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I HAD Hep -c 1 for something like 45 years before it was found in my blood stream. I have Diabetes and went in for a normal kidney test. However, when the DR started poking around just like the old fashion Doctors used to do, she realized that my liver and spleen were very enlarged. She proceeded to take a blood test and bingo, she caught my Hep after all those years. A biopsy also determined that I had compensated cirrhosis, which the Dr explained to me that was the very begging stages of cirrhosis, thankfully !! But in May 2014 I started the 12 week Sovaldi Olysio treatment plan, The first time I had any treatment at all. In 4 weeks I was undetectable and at my request I was tested last month 18 months still undetectable! No side effects!"

mhammond1957 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "After 8 weeks virus free !! No discomforts.Typ 1"

Tommy tup September 10, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "My husband took the sovaldi / ribavirin combination. He is free of hepatitis C now but is having major side effects still. My husband feels worse now then before treatment. He has severe bone and joint pain throughout his body. He has itchy rashy skin, 30 lb weight gain, his thyroid is messed up and now having to take medication for it, chronic fatigue and has to nap daily. He has severe depression, difficulty dealing with people, explosive personality, difficulty concentrating, and more. He is unable to work due to the pain, inability to fill out paperwork or anything due to concentration issues. He has lost interest in things he loved to do. He naps several hours a day. We have been to different doctors with no one able to help..."

illinoiscarpenter (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Just started sovaldi/ribavirin. I've been through 3 courses of treatment for hepcg2 since 1992, interferon alone, peginterfon ribavirin, the same again but increased doses. In each case viral load was undetectable for 3months but then reappeared. Each time the viral load increased from 3m to 8m to 12m to the present 22m. And each time the percentage for a successful completion of the course of treatment go down. I hope this time will be different, but not confident it will. As for side effects, they've become old friends. (the kind your glad to see go) Hang in there."

Rainchex (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "With genotype 1 Hep C, I took Sovaldi/Ribavirin/Pegylated Interferon for 12 weeks this past summer. There was 0 viral load after 4 weeks, 0 after 12 weeks. After 9 months, the viral load returned at 1,496,000. I engaged in no behavior that causes Hep C - no needles, no sex; I did not drink any alcohol. My doctors' only answer is that the cirrhosis of the liver was so bad (compensated cirrhosis) that not all of the virus was cleansed out of the dead parts of the liver with just 12 weeks of Sovaldi. I am now on the Harvoni for 24 weeks, hoping that the longer regimen of the two drugs - Sovaldi and Ledipasvir - will totally clean out the virus from the liver."

Nathaniel1950 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "With genotype 1 Hep C, I took the Sovaldi/Ribavirin/Pegylated Interferon for 12 weeks this past summer. There was 0 viral load after 4 weeks. 0 after 12 weeks, after I had finished taking the drugs for all 12 weeks. After 9 months, the viral load returned at 1,496,000. I engaged in absolutely no behavior that causes Hep C - no needles at all, no sex at all, no drugs at all; I did not drink any alcohol. My doctors' only answer is that the cirrhosis of the liver was so bad (compensated cirrhosis) that not all of the virus was cleansed out of the dead parts of the liver with just 12 weeks of Sovaldi. I am now on Harvoni for 24 weeks, hoping that the longer regimen of the two drugs - Sovaldi and Ledipasvir - will totally clean out the liver."

Not a Sovaldi Fan July 25, 2015

Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have four days left of treatment, which has been for six months. The side effects have been mental for me. Anxiety, depression, insomnia, mood swings, irritability and rage all come and go randomly. The virus was undetected at four weeks and this is my first treatment. I won't know until three months post treatment if the virus will stay gone, but it's gone right now. I am genotype 3A."

Wildpast2 July 22, 2015