User Reviews for Epclusa

Learn more about Epclusa.

Hepatitis C 30 reviews 23 medications

8.1
Summary of Epclusa reviews 30 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Epclusa

For Hepatitis C "I finished epclusa two weeks ago. I've had gum pain, and pain in my legs since. I'm glad to be completed. I'm not sure why everyone keeps leaving reviews only a few weeks into treatment. My sides effects varied weekly...so I couldn't really give a review while taking the drug. I also have a ringing sound in my head all day everyday, and no hearing loss. I hope that goes away with time. Undetected since week 4. I'd like to hear from others who are months into recovery after this. Do you feel better? Did your sides go away?"

Wackadoo April 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "So, I began taking this medication for Hep C contracted from IV drug use. 24 years old. Doctor explained that since I had PPO insurance they would most likely cover the cost of the medication which I believe goes for around 75k for a 3 month supply. The medication was delivered straight to my house. Genotype 2b. Viral load was 1.7mil initially. I started taking the Medication March 30th, 2017. I had labs done this week to check on progress. After just 21 days of taking Epclusa viral load is completely undetectable. Initial fatigue first week, no symptoms after that. Great medication! Grateful that this option was available to me. Was absolutely worth it!!"

Madeinthe90s (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Follow-up to 2/13/17 post. I am 3/4 of the way through my 12 week treatment for Hep C Genotype 3 with Epclusa & only 2 weeks into the treatment my blood work was already showing the virus as "undetectable" & all my numbers back in normal ranges. I've been back for blood work twice since the first blood work & virus is still undetectable & all #'s excellent! Less than 4 weeks to go & hoping for the best! Good luck to all!"

IndigoMoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "After first month of taking Epclusa, I am undetectable!"

lbguy44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I've had Hep c for 42 years, Unknown to me. Had an occular migraine and ended up in hospital to find I had low platelets. Which led to hep c diagnosis First month sick as can be nausea, headache, fatigue and insomnia. But after 4 weeeks no hep c detected! I'm almost done my second month and symptoms wax and wane-mostly nausea and fatigue. Hoping that after the next month my results are still perfect and that I am cured. "

Ilove2paint April 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have completed the 12 week therapy with epclusa with no side effects, I actually felt stronger, and slept better then I did in years! So far awaiting blood tests results, but I am not hopeful, when I stopped I felt this pain in my liver again, I have genotype 3, which seems to be the hardest to cure. I have had it for over 30 years, got in in Vietnam is my guess. Hopefully other drugs in the pipeline will cure this Beast!"

Kal- vet April 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I took my first dose of epclusa today. I have had a headache most all day. I am very worried about what is going to happen in the next 3 months while taking this medication. I have acid reflux disease really bad. My doctor has had to change my acid reflux disease medicine from 40 mg. Two times a day, to 20 mg one time a day, because the reflux meds stop the epclusa from working properly. I'm suffering from the acid in my stomach right now until I'm wondering if I'm going to make it thru the 3 month treatment, if not longer since my viral load is so high. My insurance paid most of the cost of the medication but not all. Thank goodness for the program through epclusa that I qualified for. Couldn't of done it without them."

Bird lover sc March 31, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I took it for 12 weeks, when I did the blood work it came back neg..no virus. Boy I was the happiest man on earth, now I have a chance to see my grand babies grow. Went back for my 3 month check up and found out it came back! What a hart breaker. Not sure what to do next..was told another drug would be available this summer "

Ray C March 30, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have been on Epclusa for 8 weeks. Just got back from Dr. Had blood work done at 4 weeks in. NO hep c type 2 detected in just 4 weeks! Probably got hep in early 80s. Diagnosed in 1990. Side effects were very tired at times, body aches, headaches but not much worst than I had before taking meds. I would like to thank Gilead for co-pay program. Doing better now. My mind seems clearer and starting to feel better."

FatManny (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "No major side effects after 3 weeks. Some extra gas to deal with. Sleeping great and more energy so I hope it's working. I will soon have lab work at 4 weeks. Diagnosed 11/2016. Type 2B."

winding road March 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I am thirty years old and have had hep c for about eight years. I was a very heavy IV drug user. After several years of abuse and horrible situations, I decided to get clean. I started epclusa in February. Genotype 3a the more aggressive one, and I did blood work after three weeks, and there is no indication of any hepatitis left. In either test. I will continue to take the medicine for the rest of the twelve weeks. And I had some side effects, in the first three weeks it was worse, headaches, body aches, nausea, and fatigue. But now its a lot better. Still some side effects, but there not as prevalent. Definitely worth it in the whole scheme of things. Excited for a new chance in life #!!#."

#shawn# (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

#shawn# (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I've had Hep c for 31 yrs, Genotype 2 , and today I just took my first pill .. Feeling hopeful to the side effects I've heard are minimal .. I will update you all in a few weeks . Thank you all for your opinions on this magical drug ."

CyndyandJoy March 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Side effects, mild, but tired. Take a lot of short naps. DRINK WATER. Be careful of OTC drugs. AT 6 wks. bloodwork 15< undetected. The week after I was done meds, Not detected. This site has Drug interactions list. The reviews were helpful. Hoping next bloodwork will be good."

Tree hopeful March 12, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I've been on Epclusa for a week now and now feel no side effects whatsoever. I did ,however, have some for the first few days. Once I got used to the medicine they went away. I am very thankful to be covered by insurance for this medicine. It's a good and bad thing. My doctor told me it would only be covered if my liver is in bad shape. Well it's covered ,which is great, but means my liver is fried. Here's hoping for a cure and for all of you guys as well!"

Feeling Good..... (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I'm glad to have the medicine. I'm very tired. No headaches, but aching joints. A lot of gas. My second week. Skin tone is getting brighter. Eyes are getting whiter. Urine fluctuates from clear to dark. Got a real good deal on the meds. Didn't have to pay any out of pocket. Medicare covered the whole cost. I'm very grateful. I'm not itching as much as before."

Feeling (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I finished taking epclusa in November 2016 after it was found that I still had hepatitis C genotype 3 even after I was treated in 2005 on an interferon ribavirin regimen for 26 weeks. Just two days ago I received the news from my infectious disease doctor that Epclusa did not work that I still have been found positive with the hepatitis C virus. For my wife and I this is very sad news and we are at a loss now as to what to do. My doctor is at a loss and he has no clue on what to do next and I am reaching out to anyone that is reading this if they have known anybody that has taken this new drug and it has failed them what were the next steps that they took. "

Joe L March 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I've been on epclusa 7 weeks now. It has been difficult for me...I won't lie. Joint pain, toe and fingertip neuropathy, constant ear ringing, insomnia. Much better than interferon/riba that I did in 2003...I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open. But my numbers looked good...hoping the side effects resolve once I stop the medication. No prior health issues. Genotype 3."

Deborahhep73 February 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Been on epclusa for 6 weeks now. I'm pretty tired, nothing I can't handle....but, I am concerned with the shooting pains in different parts of my body, the numbing sensations throughout my legs, muscle spasms, and ear ringing. I really hope these side effects go away once I stop treatment. They are disconcerting. I hope everyone writes follow up reviews a few months off treatment as well....all in all, nothing I can't handle and better than the riba."

Deborah, W.-Chicago (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have hep c genotype 1 and I've had it for many years I assume. Found out 13 years ago but suspect to have had over 20. I have wanted treatment for many years but raising a family and homeschooling my children I just couldn't imagine feeling like I have the flu for a year. I'm so thankful for this medicine. I've had headaches and tiredness some nausea but I also have many great days with lots of energy. I have 29 more days to go and I'm so thankful and excited about having this wonderful opportunity to get rid of this and only having to pay 5$ copayment. I am 53. Today is 2/22/17"

Marlena 1964 N.C. February 22, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I was diagnosed in May of last year, only because my Dr wanted to "rule out" HepC but instead, I was one of the many "un-lucky" baby boomers that tested positive. I have Type 4 and I have/had no symptoms or indication of the virus except the positive blood test. I was also diagnosed with MALT Lymphoma at the same time. I completed radiation therapy for the cancer in Dec 2016 and waited for the HepC treatment until the effects of radiation had passed. I started Epclusa 2 weeks ago and I've had 0, none, nada side effects. In fact I'm feeling pretty darn good! I've been worried that it's not working since I'm feeling nothing but seeing that several people on this forum have had no side effects and complete cure makes me very happy!"

JewelKen (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Excellent treatment. I had a blood test during my 8th week after taking Epculsa and the hep c was not detected. Gilead issue a coupon that reduced my co pay to five dollars. The only side effect I had was being more tired than usual but it did not limit me to doing whatever I needed to do. The tiredness was not severe. I got the much needed rest that I needed. I had a great experience overall and excellent results I am currently in my 10th week"

Anonymous February 16, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Just started Epclusa a week ago for genotype 3 Hep C which I was diagnosed with a year ago that's why I only gave it a 5-rating. It's been a rough first week with fatigue, headaches and nausea. I'm trying to remain positive after reading all the success stories below. I go for my first blood test in another week and will post follow-up with results. Fingers crossed I'll be another success story! "

IndigoMoon February 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have had hep C for about 20 years now, genotype 3a. I already did my 3 month treatment of Epclusa. At end of 3 months, the virus was undetectedable, of course. Waiting to get blood work in March to find out if still undetected. My main side effect of Epclusa was major muscle aches. My muscles were always very stiff and sore. Totally manageable though. I was hoping after I finished treatment, it would go away..,but unfortunately it has not. Some days are worse than others...hoping time will make it go away. Praying and hoping will be undetected and cured still in March. Good luck and God bless to all struggling."

3a January 25, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I just finished treatment. I am going for my blood work today. Overall, Epclusa was manageable but I did experience very low energy days, brain fog, insomnia. But I think that is a result of sleep deprivation. Mood fluctuations were extreme some days. Nonetheless, I feel hopeful. All blood work has been normal so far...!"

F2ft?s6 January 13, 2017