User Reviews for Epclusa

Learn more about Epclusa.

Hepatitis C 42 reviews 23 medications

Summary of Epclusa reviews 42 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Epclusa

For Hepatitis C "I am 1/2 way thru my 12 weeks. The side effects I've had are , headaches almost daily mainly in the evening. Most of my joints have discomfort/pain in my upper body. These issues are tolerable by all means. I do get exhausted easily. I did my first blood test last week and it appears that the virus is gone. I am getting anemia according to the test as well. So far none of these side effects are horrible just annoying. Keeping the prayers going for us. Will update more later."

Central Texas (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Today I am halfway through my 12 week course of Epclusa. I have noticed some tiredness and a bit of weight loss but overall a dramatic improvement in energy. I would venture to guess this is from not drinking. I was diagnosed with stage 2 fibrosis a few months ago. I was diagnosed with hep c in 2005. I went on to have 2 healthy children and hope to be disease free in 6 weeks! I have been waiting for this cure. Good luck to everyone in treatment. Drink lots of water!"

KQTmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I started my treatment 11weeks+2 Day's ago, now I've only 5 days to go and my experience of the treatment using epclusa tablets (1 daily) has been fine, Now don't get me wrong I've suffered diarrhoea and tiredness but only had a few days of it, I think that the price of epclusa treatment is surprisingly excessive at 25 thousand pound for only 28 tablets"

Stirling guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I've experienced muscular and joint pains, especially in the afternoons - shoulders especially. Fatigue seems to be the most persistent complaint."

ABACO May 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have been on Epclusa for 10 weeks. No side effects, and was undetectable at week 5. I just found out it came back so I am not really hopeful right now about being cured. How does it come back while I'm taking the medication?"

Tony Loc May 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Second day on meds. I was so glad people took time to post a review on Epclusa as now I am not worried about side effects and most who take this get cured I do have that hangover feeling , fatigue and I am tired so thank you people"

Jymbo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I take my last pill tomorrow. My arm, around the elbow is hurting real bad. Real, real bad. I felt it about a week into it. I did my 6 week blood test and no sign of the hep c. I hope it stays that way. I'm not sure of my level? 3-4-5? I forgot.. It messed with my memory too. Feel confused and not sure of myself. Nothing worse when 500 craft personnel depend on you. I just turned 58. Had this for 20 years is my guess.. I haven't drank alcohol in 3 months. I hope you folks who are starting the program don't either. Never had headaches or diarrhea like everyone says. My arm is killing me. Can hardly do anything with it.. I hope this rids this terrible virus. I wish the best for everyone."

alimony May 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Diagnosed 1 yr ago Gen type 3 after other issues were being investigated. Now Into my second week of treatment no side effects to report , except tiredness and fatigue which I was already experiencing for many years . I was also suffering from aches and pains, liver pain, & dare I say it but I think I can already feel improvement, " touch wood". I have also been diagnosed with liver disease , not sure if the Hep C has caused this or my social drinking. I am now obviously abstaining . I go back for my first meds/bloods check in a few days, I will keep you guys upto date, best wishes to you all. Thank you Gilead and the UK NHS without either I suspect I would be on my way to the Grand Lodge Above"

UK WBro ! (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Hi I'm 51 F hepC type2 I just started taking the epclusa I'm 8 days in. I was expecting to be sick from it but, NO!! First day I felt less fatigue. Less pain. Not having any bad side affects, a little more gas and I feel a little irritated & not to be gross but noticed my stool looked dark green. I'm very pleased with the lack of side effects and hope it continues to be the same through treatment and of course that it's working and rids my body of this horrible virus. I pray for all of us every night that we get cured. I'll update when I do my blood work on week 4 . God bless everyone"

EllerMay66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have geno type 2 Started epclusa last night. No side effects as of yet and keeping my fingers crossed. Will report back down the road. Good luck y'all. Keeping the prayers going."

Central Texas May 2, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I just started my Hep C treatment. I have genotype 2, I'm going on my second week taking epclusa. I contacted Hep C using drugs intravenously, I been infected 48 years. All the time I've had it, I never felt fatigue or had any other symptoms of Hep C, I'm 67 years old, anyway I haven't had any side effects, I don't want to talk to quick, but I feel better. I do a little exercise to keep myself strong. So far I feel much better. "

Brubank (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I am into day 36 of 84 day (12 weeks) treatment. An hour after taking my first dose, I could definitely feel the medication coursing through my body. The first 14 days were the worst. Some headache, slight depression. I started feeling much better after the 3 weeks. I had blood work done after 30 days and ALT and AST are way down. I feel much better and the incredible burning itches I had before treatment started have stopped. It can tire you but a nap can really help. My appetite has gone through the roof, which is a good thing for me. I am really optimistic about beating this. I have had HCV since the mid-1980s. Here's hoping that the rest of my treatment goes well. Good luck to everyone!"

Fizbim (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I finished epclusa two weeks ago. I've had gum pain, and pain in my legs since. I'm glad to be completed. I'm not sure why everyone keeps leaving reviews only a few weeks into treatment. My sides effects varied weekly...so I couldn't really give a review while taking the drug. I also have a ringing sound in my head all day everyday, and no hearing loss. I hope that goes away with time. Undetected since week 4. I'd like to hear from others who are months into recovery after this. Do you feel better? Did your sides go away?"

Wackadoo April 22, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "So, I began taking this medication for Hep C contracted from IV drug use. 24 years old. Doctor explained that since I had PPO insurance they would most likely cover the cost of the medication which I believe goes for around 75k for a 3 month supply. The medication was delivered straight to my house. Genotype 2b. Viral load was 1.7mil initially. I started taking the Medication March 30th, 2017. I had labs done this week to check on progress. After just 21 days of taking Epclusa viral load is completely undetectable. Initial fatigue first week, no symptoms after that. Great medication! Grateful that this option was available to me. Was absolutely worth it!!"

Madeinthe90s (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "Follow-up to 2/13/17 post. I am 3/4 of the way through my 12 week treatment for Hep C Genotype 3 with Epclusa & only 2 weeks into the treatment my blood work was already showing the virus as "undetectable" & all my numbers back in normal ranges. I've been back for blood work twice since the first blood work & virus is still undetectable & all #'s excellent! Less than 4 weeks to go & hoping for the best! Good luck to all!"

IndigoMoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "After first month of taking Epclusa, I am undetectable!"

lbguy44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I've had Hep c for 42 years, Unknown to me. Had an occular migraine and ended up in hospital to find I had low platelets. Which led to hep c diagnosis First month sick as can be nausea, headache, fatigue and insomnia. But after 4 weeeks no hep c detected! I'm almost done my second month and symptoms wax and wane-mostly nausea and fatigue. Hoping that after the next month my results are still perfect and that I am cured. "

Ilove2paint April 5, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have completed the 12 week therapy with epclusa with no side effects, I actually felt stronger, and slept better then I did in years! So far awaiting blood tests results, but I am not hopeful, when I stopped I felt this pain in my liver again, I have genotype 3, which seems to be the hardest to cure. I have had it for over 30 years, got in in Vietnam is my guess. Hopefully other drugs in the pipeline will cure this Beast!"

Kal- vet April 3, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I took my first dose of epclusa today. I have had a headache most all day. I am very worried about what is going to happen in the next 3 months while taking this medication. I have acid reflux disease really bad. My doctor has had to change my acid reflux disease medicine from 40 mg. Two times a day, to 20 mg one time a day, because the reflux meds stop the epclusa from working properly. I'm suffering from the acid in my stomach right now until I'm wondering if I'm going to make it thru the 3 month treatment, if not longer since my viral load is so high. My insurance paid most of the cost of the medication but not all. Thank goodness for the program through epclusa that I qualified for. Couldn't of done it without them."

Bird lover sc March 31, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I took it for 12 weeks, when I did the blood work it came back neg..no virus. Boy I was the happiest man on earth, now I have a chance to see my grand babies grow. Went back for my 3 month check up and found out it came back! What a hart breaker. Not sure what to do next..was told another drug would be available this summer "

Ray C March 30, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I have been on Epclusa for 8 weeks. Just got back from Dr. Had blood work done at 4 weeks in. NO hep c type 2 detected in just 4 weeks! Probably got hep in early 80s. Diagnosed in 1990. Side effects were very tired at times, body aches, headaches but not much worst than I had before taking meds. I would like to thank Gilead for co-pay program. Doing better now. My mind seems clearer and starting to feel better."

FatManny (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "No major side effects after 3 weeks. Some extra gas to deal with. Sleeping great and more energy so I hope it's working. I will soon have lab work at 4 weeks. Diagnosed 11/2016. Type 2B."

winding road March 26, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I am thirty years old and have had hep c for about eight years. I was a very heavy IV drug user. After several years of abuse and horrible situations, I decided to get clean. I started epclusa in February. Genotype 3a the more aggressive one, and I did blood work after three weeks, and there is no indication of any hepatitis left. In either test. I will continue to take the medicine for the rest of the twelve weeks. And I had some side effects, in the first three weeks it was worse, headaches, body aches, nausea, and fatigue. But now its a lot better. Still some side effects, but there not as prevalent. Definitely worth it in the whole scheme of things. Excited for a new chance in life #!!#."

#shawn# (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

#shawn# (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hepatitis C "I've had Hep c for 31 yrs, Genotype 2 , and today I just took my first pill .. Feeling hopeful to the side effects I've heard are minimal .. I will update you all in a few weeks . Thank you all for your opinions on this magical drug ."

CyndyandJoy March 21, 2017