User Reviews for Epclusa

Learn more about Epclusa.

Hepatitis C 18 reviews 23 medications

Summary of Epclusa reviews 18 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Epclusa

For Hepatitis C "I've had Hep c for 31 yrs, Genotype 2 , and today I just took my first pill .. Feeling hopeful to the side effects I've heard are minimal .. I will update you all in a few weeks . Thank you all for your opinions on this magical drug ."

CyndyandJoy March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Side effects, mild, but tired. Take a lot of short naps. DRINK WATER. Be careful of OTC drugs. AT 6 wks. bloodwork 15< undetected. The week after I was done meds, Not detected. This site has Drug interactions list. The reviews were helpful. Hoping next bloodwork will be good."

Tree hopeful March 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I've been on Epclusa for a week now and now feel no side effects whatsoever. I did ,however, have some for the first few days. Once I got used to the medicine they went away. I am very thankful to be covered by insurance for this medicine. It's a good and bad thing. My doctor told me it would only be covered if my liver is in bad shape. Well it's covered ,which is great, but means my liver is fried. Here's hoping for a cure and for all of you guys as well!"

Feeling Good..... (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I'm glad to have the medicine. I'm very tired. No headaches, but aching joints. A lot of gas. My second week. Skin tone is getting brighter. Eyes are getting whiter. Urine fluctuates from clear to dark. Got a real good deal on the meds. Didn't have to pay any out of pocket. Medicare covered the whole cost. I'm very grateful. I'm not itching as much as before."

Feeling (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I finished taking epclusa in November 2016 after it was found that I still had hepatitis C genotype 3 even after I was treated in 2005 on an interferon ribavirin regimen for 26 weeks. Just two days ago I received the news from my infectious disease doctor that Epclusa did not work that I still have been found positive with the hepatitis C virus. For my wife and I this is very sad news and we are at a loss now as to what to do. My doctor is at a loss and he has no clue on what to do next and I am reaching out to anyone that is reading this if they have known anybody that has taken this new drug and it has failed them what were the next steps that they took. "

Joe L March 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I've been on epclusa 7 weeks now. It has been difficult for me...I won't lie. Joint pain, toe and fingertip neuropathy, constant ear ringing, insomnia. Much better than interferon/riba that I did in 2003...I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open. But my numbers looked good...hoping the side effects resolve once I stop the medication. No prior health issues. Genotype 3."

Deborahhep73 February 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Been on epclusa for 6 weeks now. I'm pretty tired, nothing I can't handle....but, I am concerned with the shooting pains in different parts of my body, the numbing sensations throughout my legs, muscle spasms, and ear ringing. I really hope these side effects go away once I stop treatment. They are disconcerting. I hope everyone writes follow up reviews a few months off treatment as well....all in all, nothing I can't handle and better than the riba."

Deborah, W.-Chicago (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I have hep c genotype 1 and I've had it for many years I assume. Found out 13 years ago but suspect to have had over 20. I have wanted treatment for many years but raising a family and homeschooling my children I just couldn't imagine feeling like I have the flu for a year. I'm so thankful for this medicine. I've had headaches and tiredness some nausea but I also have many great days with lots of energy. I have 29 more days to go and I'm so thankful and excited about having this wonderful opportunity to get rid of this and only having to pay 5$ copayment. I am 53. Today is 2/22/17"

Marlena 1964 N.C. February 22, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I was diagnosed in May of last year, only because my Dr wanted to "rule out" HepC but instead, I was one of the many "un-lucky" baby boomers that tested positive. I have Type 4 and I have/had no symptoms or indication of the virus except the positive blood test. I was also diagnosed with MALT Lymphoma at the same time. I completed radiation therapy for the cancer in Dec 2016 and waited for the HepC treatment until the effects of radiation had passed. I started Epclusa 2 weeks ago and I've had 0, none, nada side effects. In fact I'm feeling pretty darn good! I've been worried that it's not working since I'm feeling nothing but seeing that several people on this forum have had no side effects and complete cure makes me very happy!"

JewelKen (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Excellent treatment. I had a blood test during my 8th week after taking Epculsa and the hep c was not detected. Gilead issue a coupon that reduced my co pay to five dollars. The only side effect I had was being more tired than usual but it did not limit me to doing whatever I needed to do. The tiredness was not severe. I got the much needed rest that I needed. I had a great experience overall and excellent results I am currently in my 10th week"

Anonymous February 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Just started Epclusa a week ago for genotype 3 Hep C which I was diagnosed with a year ago that's why I only gave it a 5-rating. It's been a rough first week with fatigue, headaches and nausea. I'm trying to remain positive after reading all the success stories below. I go for my first blood test in another week and will post follow-up with results. Fingers crossed I'll be another success story! "

IndigoMoon February 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I have had hep C for about 20 years now, genotype 3a. I already did my 3 month treatment of Epclusa. At end of 3 months, the virus was undetectedable, of course. Waiting to get blood work in March to find out if still undetected. My main side effect of Epclusa was major muscle aches. My muscles were always very stiff and sore. Totally manageable though. I was hoping after I finished treatment, it would go away..,but unfortunately it has not. Some days are worse than others...hoping time will make it go away. Praying and hoping will be undetected and cured still in March. Good luck and God bless to all struggling."

3a January 25, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I just finished treatment. I am going for my blood work today. Overall, Epclusa was manageable but I did experience very low energy days, brain fog, insomnia. But I think that is a result of sleep deprivation. Mood fluctuations were extreme some days. Nonetheless, I feel hopeful. All blood work has been normal so far...!"

F2ft?s6 January 13, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I finished Epclusa 3 weeks ago. No virus showed in my last blood test. I had Hep C geno type 2. I am 65 years old and retired so I was able to relax in bed when needed. I did have side effects that came and went. I drank 64 Ozs. of water as advised and ate small meals several times a day. My side effects were fatigue and what I called "going under" which seemed to happen around 4 to 5 hours after the pill. It felt like a hangover not a headache. All I could do was go to bed and wait for it to pass which it did in 1 to 2 hours. At night I was totally tired. Now I am done and I thought I'd be 100% better. Well, I still have bouts of tiredness and my hair has thinned. I cannot complain. I AM CURED!!!! It was worth it and I am grateful."

Fagala January 9, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I am on week 11 of 12. Almost done! I have genotype 3a. I have only had hep c for two years, but it's been a rough two years. I already have stage two liver fibrosis, as well as fatty liver disease, not to mention my liver enzymes had consistently stayed in around 90 and 200. I learned that genotype 3 can be very aggressive. Even though my doctor told me this medicine, should work great for me, I was still worried it wouldn't work for me. The first couple of weeks taking epclusa I was more fatigued than usual, but that side effect subsided. I haven't really had any other side effects at all! since 6 weeks in, my viral load is undetectable, and my liver enzymes are back to normal levels for the first time in 2 years!"

Amber W. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Its been ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!! The first week, whole body shaking. Had to start anxiety medicines. Headaches. Urinary tract pain, bladder pain since day 3, it is going on week 7 with this pain. Will be glad when it is over!!!"

Skipp930 December 7, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I am on week 8 of a 12 week regime of Epclusa. The first couple of days I did have a slight headache, but since then I haven't had any side effects. I had blood work done at week 5. I was already undetectable! Thanks to a Epclusa coupon my copay is $5! Other side effects include: the whites of my eyes are white again! I have energy like I haven't had in 20 years. My skin is younger looking. I sleep like a baby. The slight depression that I used to feel from being so tired all the time is gone. I can get out of bed so easily now and feel energized throughout the entire day. It is hard to go to sleep sometimes because I still have so much energy. I am so thankful for this medication. This has given me quality of life again.Thank you Gilead!"

KellyAnne1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I was so scared at first to start this med!!!! But I was so tired of feeling tired the first 2 weeks were rough!!!! Now almost 8 week in I feel great so much energy thank god and gilead for this med. oh iam gentype 2 for over 20 years having this crap. God bless and good luck to all.(:"

Britney6 October 29, 2016