User Reviews for Epclusa

Hepatitis C
8.1

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Epclusa

Grant Casteel · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “Wanted to take this time and let everyone know about my experience. I started taking my Epclusa March 22, 2021. Just finished my last dose tonight June 13. I did not miss a day of work and worked out five days a week during the entire treatment. I have been virus free since my first test at week four and have continued virus free throughout. Will have my SVR test sometime in September. For those of you that are concerned about starting treatment,I found it to be a breeze and I am sure you will too! Thankful for this treatment as I am at stage 2/3 fibrosis and hopefully I will regress to a lower stage if not completely.Good luck to everyone getting ready to start you much God bless!”

Hay93 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I have finished my first bottle of Epclusa, and am now on week 5 of treatment. So far I’ve had no side effects that I have noticed , because I already had headaches and diarrhea before treatment , I had to stop taking my heartburn medication because of the drug interaction. I will get my first round of blood work this coming week and am very hopeful this medication has worked for me , it has honestly made me feel better about myself as a person , I am 3 years sober of IV Meth use and this was the one thing from my past I was still dragging around … hepatitis. I feel once this is over with I will have completely gained my life back .”

Stormy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I have 5 days left of Epclusa. The first two months I experienced some headaches and tiredness. This 3rd month is really taking a toll on me though. The headaches are worse and I have no energy. I’ve felt too weak to even go to work for the past week. The worst part is I feel like I’m losing my mind. I don’t know if it’s depression or anxiety or what, but it’s definitely it very difficult to function in a normal, healthy way.”

AW · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “Think about it people! How many of you received this medicine free or better yet my company insurance paid 80 percent of $72,000.00. Guess where the other came from, a coupon that Epclusa provided. Ever heard of that before? It's been 15 months since I finished my last pill. My stomach looks as if I have cirrhosis, it feels like I have an infection in my stomach, I'm like the other lady states about hormonal issues I'm 65 and started having acne, I'm extremely depressed, I've developed major arthritic symptoms, this drug has cured the hep C but my day to day journey is horrific. I do not recommend this drug. Your doctor will tell you there are no side effects. How do they really know. I'll never listen to any doctor again. When any medication has only been around for a short period, don't label it as no side effects. Hope you doctor's and drug manufacturers can sleep good at night because you won't!”

Sheldoor February 12, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “Started Epclusa 2019 March for Hep C type 2b. I ate small items/meals throughout the day. Stayed hydrated + no caffeine of any sort. Took pill at 6 am with a piece of bread... was on extreme health regime while taking it. Nothing terrible. But after treatment was over, caffeine of any sort gives me a 3 day migraine. I am more sensitive to all chemicals in food and drink + get headaches easily, including fructose and sugar (small amounts)... by the way, I only got headaches before Epclusa when trying to get off coffee due to caffeine withdrawal. My adrenals and emotions seem to go from 1 to 10 very quickly. Although I am happy that Epclusa cured my hep C, it also has changed my life a lot. It is now Jan 2021, and I still experience these symptoms. I am very afraid to get the Covid-19 vaccination due to the headache side effect. Afraid my head may EXPLODE. hope this helps somebody...”

Chi chi · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “Day 5 on generic Epclusa. Haven't experienced any side effects. Sleeping very sound at night which I haven't done in over a year. My liver feels tender at times I think it's because it's been working so hard over the last few years and is trying to heal. I've been clean for 3 years and currently taking Suboxone. Extremely gratefull there is a cure and will chime in again after my treatment is completed. Idk what stage my liver is in haven't seen my doctor since I had my liver ultra sound and fibro scan. Will ask these questions at my next appt.”

Rodney · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “I just want people to know that when the Epclusa is killing the hep c virus in your body your probably going to feel a little nausea. The virus is multiplying millions of times in your body - there's war between the epclusa and the hep c just hang in there you'll be glad when the 12 weeks are over god bless”

JeffM · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I just finished my 12th and final week of taking Epclusa one week ago. I probably got Hep C in the Army during the early 1970's. I am now 68 years old. These are the side effects that I noticed - Brain Fog. Just not able to think clearly and rationally. Insomnia. I had to get medication to sleep. My normal libido was gone soon after starting Epclusa. I have had no sex with my wife or even the slightest desire to have sex. I will not know if the Epclusa got rid of the Hep C for another 3 weeks when I have the first Blood Test. Currently I am just wondering if I will ever feel normal again. I still feel like I am on the Epclusa. Talking to my doctor is a waste of time. She does not believe that Epclusa caused any of the problems that I am having.”

Grandpa DD · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I was a Intravenous drug user from age 19 to 32 years old. Clean from all drugs from February 1 1988 to present. I have had hepatitis from age 19 to 65 years old and 6 weeks on epclusa with non detectable test I had hep C geno type 1A. So grateful for Epclusa. It has allowed me to live longer than expected and 6 more weeks until treatment is completed. Very mild side affects ( headache, mood swings and lite depression) so far. At the age of 45 to 50 I did interferon/ribavarin 3 separate times and never was able to finish due to terrible side affects. EPCLUSA will and is going to save my life. Thanks to everyone that made this happen.”

Andy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I was diagnosed Hep C 1 , and prescribed Epculsa, from the very first tablet I felt something working inside , within one month my count was down from millions to low numbers, the course was completed , I am now Hep C free. No side effects what so ever , thank you Gilliad & The NHS....!!!!!”

Blange 20 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “Well on my first review 2019-07-28 I said I'd come back after a bit. Now I am just over half way through my treatment. I get what you all say about tinnitus. Also when I wake up in morning I'm the same with feeling rough. But once I've had a coffee it dies down. My feet have been aching a bit as has my back, but I've had no sickness or headaches. I think that if you have a life threatening disease like hep c which is never going away then it's like carrying bad luggage around everyday. If you get a chance to get rid of it and there is a few side effects that are quite manageable then it's got to be worth it. I felt ok apart from brain fog at first, but it's got a bit worse as I've gone on with meds. But I am more than willing to suffer these for 12wks than stay sick forever. I hope you all have as best time on epclusa that you all can and become hep c free. Take care people”

Jackie456 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I would not recommend this drug at all, I was fine before I took it, its been 2 years and I am getting worse. First got a rash on my head, when I started taking it, yeast infections for months, 5 months later the rash started on my feet, they were on fire, now the rash is all over my legs, looks like I was beat up, the side effects are not worth it at all, I don't trust doctors and this drug needs to be stopped! I know what big pharma are all about, money, After researching I am hoping I get to use better medicine to reverse the damage done!”

Ash · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I gave blood and found out I was Hep C positive! Been on Epclusa for 2 months and didn’t have any side effects until month 2 when I started itching all over and noticed some random big bruises on my legs! Call doc and they ran test and found my test for hep c is negative all thanks to this medicine! Only one more month! Stay strong y’all!!!!”

Rodney · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “My name is Rodney I live in southeast Missouri I'm beginning my 3rd month on Epclusa just went in to get my blood results my Hep c. Virus is gone still got one more month of treatment I've had zero side effects this medicine is a life saver”

Kariks · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I failed treatment with pegintron- riboviran in 2001. I have advanced liver disease and am starting Epclusa next week. I’m 67. I work full time still as a nurse. I want to be around longer to enjoy my family and even if there are side effects I can say it won’t compare to what I experienced with interferon. I’m extremely grateful these new medication treatments are available I will post again later in my progress. Don’t give up”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “The first 3 weeks of using Epclusa was insane...I was incredibly tired & nauseous. Like a mix of morning sickness and the worst hangover of your life. I used the comfort meds for the entire 90 day ordeal. However, now 3 months after my treatment I am still hep free, and am living a normal healthy life. I have no lingering side effects. Mentally, it was refreshing...like the last trace of damage I had done while being in active addiction had been erased.. Like I now have a clean slate. It has been an incredible gift, despite the 90 days of wanting to throw up. I would 100% do it again. It was worth it.”

GratefulSeniorCitize · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “I just received the results from my final blood test, which is given 3 months after you finish EPCLUSA. The virus is gone, and I am cured of Hepatitis C! This medicine has given me my retirement back, and I am so grateful and blessed. Stick with it everyone, it's worth it!”

Moni · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “Just started my third month of Epclusa. So far not much of side effects. A little anxiety or irritation at times. No nausea, diarrhea, or anything like that so far. My doctor won’t test until a few weeks after final dose is taken. I did notice after the first four weeks I have much more energy and not feeling so depressed anymore. I will update again once I’ve finished taking the medication and after I’ve been tested again for viral detection.”

The cat November 10, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “I am Genotype 1a, 59 years old, male, active and otherwise healthy. I was diagnosed in 1995 but have not really suffered any ill affects of the virus other than mild liver enzyme imbalance. All of my fibroscans over the years have shown only minimal scarring. My doctor says Epcluza is a “perfect fit” for my situation so....I’m just starting my fifth week of treatment....no missed doses. As for side-affects I’m putting “extreme fatigue “ at the very top of my list. Nausea, headache and diarrhea come and go a bit but the fatigue and achy joints is up there. But...it is absolutely the right choice no matter the annoyance of these temporary yet fruitful ill effects. I say hang in there and enjoy the added years to your life. Love to all”

A January 13, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “On my 2nd month with about 7 pills left. 3rd month was denied but I had to reach out to Gilead I think it was and they gave me a coupon. Instead of the $3,700 which I could not pay it will be 5 bucks for me thank goodness it worked out. 27 years old had hep c for about roughly 6 to 7 years. Was just test 3 days ago viral load is undetectable. My side effects Extremely tired so so so so tired Terrible headaches Random weird sores Ringing in ears Random neck pain Pain in lower back Extreme hunger in the am mixed with extreme sickness Some diarrhea Mood swings Irritability BRAIN FOG AND CONFUSION IS THE WORST itchiness I'm getting it all ways but in the end it's worth it. Also I get up at 2am everyday and work about a 10hr to 11hr shift of work and come home to my baby after and do not get to bed till 8 or 9 so I understand that is a lot on my body while fighting this also. Anyways hopefully this helps someone stay strong and keep fighting!!”

Havoc · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “This is my 2nd week on Epclusa. I caught the disease early with no liver scarring. I was terrified to begin treatment regardless of the positive reviews. The 1st week was rough but nothing compared to the free life I am headed towards. Day 1, nothing. Days 2 + 3 I had such unbearable fatigue and weakness I could hardly walk and required help from my family to get through the day. I was concerned that would be my life for the rest of the treatment and was afraid. Day 4 I spontaneously recovered but I was still weak, not alert. Day 4+ I RAPIDLY improved. Yesterday I felt better than even before I had started the medication, 0 side effects OR symptoms. I have night sweats but those are disappearing. I haven’t had nausea or headache, have had slight diarrhea. Those two days of despair were a small price to pay for the freedom I will get. Don’t fret about starting this medication. The first pill is your ticket to your new beginning.”

Fran · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “I’m on my 34th day of taking Epclusa, a little over 4 weeks, I thought I was going to be sick on my first two weeks, but I wasn’t just some tiredness and headaches off and on. Please,don’t worry about Epclusa, for me it’s been awesome, I wish I had done this forty years ago.”

Angeltn · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “Take my last dose of Epclusa in the morning. I have to say the last week, I felt really tired but if I had to do it all over again, I would. I will be going to my doctor in two weeks and I will let everyone know the results. Before Epclusa I was a very sick person, in and out of the hospital every month. Since I started this med I have feel better, and not been in the hospital . I feel much better, dont hesitate in taking this medicine. Drink plenty of water and take a daily walk. I wish I had done this before my liver had been damaged. Happy with treatment.”

T · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I found out in December 2020 that I have hep C - I know I had to have gotten it within the past 3 to 4 years! I just started taking Epclusa yesterday on 4/13/21. I decided to start taking it in the middle of the afternoon in case the side effects were bad. Last night about 8 or 9 hours after taking it I started feeling pain on the inside of my ankle joints and felt my feet start feeling tingly - it would be ok while walking around but the moment I sat or laid down I started feeling it . It helped to elevate my feet. I didn't have that feeling this morning but a few hours after taking it the feeling started happening again and this time I am also getting the pain in my left elbow joint. I hope and pray that it doesn't get worse but I am expecting to feel worse before I feel better ! I hope and pray everyone with hep C can get through treatment , be cured and never get it again! I will update again if side effects worsen.”

Mandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I’m almost 12 weeks on Epclusa and to say it’s been hard would be an understatement. I’ve been beyond tired- I’ve tried taking the medication both in the morning and at night. I’ve found that at night works best for me. I’ve become extremely irritable and depressed. I’ve also recently had this weird hormonal issue where my boobs hurt and I have acne (not even close to having my period nor pregnant). I never got any headaches or ear ringing so that’s a plus. I know it’s all going to be worth it in the end and I would not have done things any differently. For those of you reading through hundreds of reviews like myself- know that it will get better. I also have to take it for 3 months due to having type 3. Cheers to being hep c free. I received the medication for free through Support Path also Gilead. Look into it if you don’t have insurance!”