User Reviews for Epclusa

Hepatitis C
8.2

Summary of Epclusa reviews 8.2 113 reviews

Reviews for Epclusa

For Hepatitis C "First two days of epclusa and I have horrible stomach pains with diarrhea and tiredness hopefully it passes. Just ready to be cured. I have heard good things about this drug."

Snow (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Had hep c 2b viral load 6 million. From the first day through the 12 week regimen I had no side effects. Actually felt great the whole time before starting was tired all the time lost weight and just felt bad all the time. Took my last dose May 2nd will take another blood test in August am praying it will be negative!"

Sail21 June 15, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Wanted to update my first post the Epclusa for me has been awesome some fatigue and I have ringing in my ears (tinnitus?) but this has been mild. I have 18 days left to go, my numbers are good with no sign of hepatitis C :) I knew I had it for long time but was not insured and the price was prohibitive so I just lived with it. I had no idea how much of a mental burden that was until it was lifted. I am feeling healthy and free. If this available to you and you're on the fence just do it! To the people who are struggling god bless and Do Not Give Up! Greg"

Greg (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I was on 90 day epclusa from Sep. 017 til Dec 017 with no side effects at all. I never saw the doctor the whole time I was on it. Now he says I still have Hep C!!! This medicine is wicked stuff. $74,000 dollar treatment and I still have it. I lost 30 lbs over 9 months but feel great."

Joker22joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I am 66 years old and on methadone. I also have a colon problem, I'm on non steroid puffers, as well I have GIRD which I am taking Rapisol anti acid. I was on my treatment drug epclusa 400mg and I was almost passing out and huge production of stomach acid. I have stopped using and I am back to normal? How can I get this cure."

Gary Blinn June 7, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I took 12 week course of Epclusa for Genotype 3, non compensated, beginning with load of less than 100. At thirty days load was undetectable. At twelve weeks undetectable, and 30 days after last pill still undetectable. I am awaiting final blood test , but am confident I am cured. Epclusa made me really tired the whole course but I ground through it ( I work outdoor physical labor). That was the only side effect. My insurance covered about two thirds, Gilead provided a coupon for all the rest except my $15 copay. Although I never felt any symptoms of HepC, I lived with it for at least 25 years, and am truly appreciative of the peace of mind I now have regarding my liver function."

Catman (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Was starting to feel the effects of disease before starting treatment with Epclusa. Began to feel better after first four days. Just finished 12 weeks of treatment, now we wait to learn if it worked. Only side effect was slight headache, but no meds required. It was tolerable. I’m feeling better all the time, and energy level is returning. Modern day miracle!"

Jo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Hepatitis C "60+ male, probably 40 years of infection from intravenous drug use. Did the Riboviran/Interferon 10 year ago. Didn't work and felt pretty bad. Have side affects with Epclusa but able to better manage them after a month. My viral load was low before I started so not sure of the efficacy 5 weeks in. Headaches I control by not doing too excessive exercise and maintaining a high water intake. The light band sensation around the forehead is constant. My tinnitus sometimes is is very loud, Nausea was initially bad and I didn't want to eat. I use nuts as a top up between meals. Fidgety and manic feelings are hard to control and I do slow exercise, riding my bike. This is also connected with irregular sleep patterns. Sometimes its a 5-6 hrs at night and an afternoon nap. I have always juiced and have beetroot, apple and ginger with other fruits and veggies. Some weed at times helps me feel normal as the afternoons can be draining with a lack of energy and inability to focus."

Grady May 16, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I never suffered any side affects other than a headache now & then"

Jules (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Just finished my first month and here is a break down. Week one felt tired. Week 2-3 felt great had a few bouts of insomnia, have gained weight and notice I wanna eat all day. If I take the medicine on an empty stomach I get nauseous feeling so I now take it with food. I've also noticed if I don’t drink my daily intake of water I feel tired. Week 4 I’ve suffered from a slight headache in the mornings but not sure if it’s due to medicine or sinus/allergy problem."

Small town girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I’m on my 3rd month of Epclusa now, I’m always very tired but I had put that down to Methadone and caring for my 2 children but after reading others posts, Maybe it’s not so. I’ve also just started having liver pains and needing to urinate non stop, has anyone experienced this? as I’m now wondering if it’s down to the drug.... My father contracted Hep C from an amputation 30 odd years ago from a blood transfusion, he has done the trials for all these drugs including interferon, he had an awful experience almost sending him delusional, divorced and couch ridden. So for the small side effects we endure I think Epclusa is amazing..."

AusBelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I am only 5 days in but I shockingly don't notice any side effects. I am 29 have had hep C for 8 years. I am glad to finally have a cure for my genotype and to be rid of this quiet monster. Best of all this $75,000 med cost me 15$ this company helps with out of pocket. I'm grateful and excited to move on from my past. "

Bliv (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I started taking epclusa in late August 2017. Insurance covered this drug. I was diagnosed with hep C type 2 in 2002 The doctor was also shocked at how little damage my liver had. I contracted Hep C back the late 70's or early 80's. I had 4 rhogam shots and one blood transfusion before 1992. I'm 65 years old. First week on epclusa I had some stomach issues. Would HIGHLY recommend that you drink plenty of water while on this drug. Next 2 weeks I slept better then I have for years, then my insomnia came back worse then before, until about a month after I had completed the drug course. I had some odd pains through my upper back and down both arms. That happened a couple times in the last 2 weeks. Sharp tingling sensation, that was beyond uncomfortable. It only lasted about a min. Other then that, the side effects were tolerable considering what this disease can do to you. My last blood work was done in Feb. and I'm happy to say I'm cured."

LadyofFe (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Hepatitis C "week 3 for me, I take mine lunch time, I'm tired a lot. Some mornings I wake up with headaches, not all the time. A couple days I had body aches. I want to eat all the time too, I gained weight on it. 7 pounds in 3 weeks. I am also breaking out like crazy with pimples and I always had clear skin, I'm most upset about that part!!. I got blood work yesterday so hoping for good news even tho I know I still have to take the meds for 12 weeks but I hear a lot of stories people ARE neg after 12 days to 4 weeks"

NH (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I am a 65 yr old female , type 2 with HepC past 20+ yrs . Was treated last fall with Solvadi and ribavarin . I lost 12 lbs , was always fatigued. All my blood tests were great but the 3 month after treatment blood work indicated the virus was still there. Just started Epclusa 4 days ago and hope this will work . Have been fatigued with joint pain but today today I experienced a severe type of fatigue . Woke up this morning feeling ok so I decided to mow both the back & front yards (and pull up weeds in the front). Our backyard is shady but the front is 100% sun . After 30 minutes or so pushing the lawnmower through thick grass , I was overcome by a severe fatigue and could barely walk to the garage . My hubby said it was too hot (93 ) and reminded me that my body is dealing with a strong medication . After resting for an hour , my energy returned but I must be careful not to undertake strenuous activity for a while. ."

Janethe (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Today was my 4th day of taking the pill. Side effects I’ve experienced are as follows day one I was sluggish within two hours of taking it slept good; day 2 experienced more fatigue to the point I had to take an hour long nap about 6 hours after taking it, had a Mild headache but slept soundly, day 3 and 4 I’ve ate everything in sight and I’m craving stuff like a pregnant woman does so not good. Been tired but still trucking on. I pray we all get cured from this horrible thing. Trying to stay positive and upbeat but it’s a struggle!"

Smalltowngirl (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I wanted to share my experience with Epclusa . I know its very limited (first week) but after visiting this site I felt like I should be part of the solution. I was not doing poorly, my numbers were good, I felt ok - tired but not sickly and I really did not know if starting this now was a good idea. But for me this has been amazing first 3 days tired felt bad just wanted to sleep day 4 through 7 I feel great energy is up, liver pain and feeling full has gone away I have been hungry the whole time! For the people who have a tough time my heart goes out to you. For me this has been just short of a miracle. Greg"

Greg (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I am at the end of my 12 week treatment with Epclusa and I can't say enough about this medication. I have had Hep C for over 40 years and have tried Interferin & Pegsys both of which were very horrifying experiences and did nothing to cure it. Now I have 6 days left of taking it and my last lab test came in showing <15 on my viral load. I have prayed that there was a cure and I have found it with this drug, all my life I have stayed healthy since I found out I contracted it from the service, no drinking and staying away from all prescriptions that are harmful to my liver. Between my insurance and the coupon on the Epclusa site my out of pocket for everything was only $15.00. I recommended this drug to anyone who has Hep C. The side effects for me were well worth taking it as now the side effects I had in the first 3 days are gone."

Paul St Laurent (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Brilliant. I contracted Hep C from a blood transfusion in 1975. I have lived a healthy life to give myself the best chance with this disease. (no alcohol, no artificial colours flavours or preservatives and healthy diet). It has had minimal effects on my life. No other health issues except back and joint pain. The first 3 days on Epclusa I suffered nausea for about an hour after taking it but from then on felt amazing. More energy and, to my surprise, my usual aches and pains disappeared. Now one month after completing the course and test results are fantastic and I feel great."

KJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I started epclusa in October 2017. I was on it for 3 months. So I finished in December. It's now the end of March in 2018 and I feel horrible still. Some days are better than others but for most part I feel sick almost everyday. When I started epclusa I was really sick. The doctors blamed it on the hep C. Now that I've been off the meds for 3 months I do feel better than I did before I started. But just feel sick every day. Not sure if it is some kind of healing process but I can't take much more of this. I can't work because of not feeling good all the time and I just want to feel better."

Bob f (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Ruined my life, feel like I'm dying everyday. Don't believe all these miracle stories you read. It's been over a year for me now and I'm getting worse everyday. Even the people that had no side effects when taking it are now showing up down the road."

Skpp930 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Been on Epclusa for 7 weeks now, had bloods done at week 4 which showed not detected. I've had Hep C type 1 a for at least 24 years, could be longer, had a blood test for insurance came back as Hep C, I was shocked. Now lying in bed at 1.33 am can’t sleep, but very tired, feeling down too, sore bones, it’s weird, mouth tastes of metal, another 5 weeks to go, hope I’m cured. Thanks to the Australian government for putting this on PBS, Hep C is a real hard one, I always felt dirty because of it, I quit drinking not a drop since Xmas 2017, my family was amazed that I did not have even a drop on Xmas day. Quit smoking too, been two months, not one cigarette, that was easy giving up, and I had smoked for 50 years, never thought I could do it, but with the hope of a cure I went the whole hog, lost 12 kg too, I just eat clean now, I was in the gym and on my bike all the time, but stopped now as I’m too exhausted. My mind is in a fog sometimes too. Weird. GOD be with you."

Jonfrodo March 24, 2018

For Hepatitis C "It worked."

Happyhappy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I took the epclusa and it worked, they say I am hep c free, but also have had constant high blood pressure, as well as depression. I have had some upsetting things going on in my life so I can't say if its just me or the medicine.."

missy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Male 62 have hep c for 30+yrs started Epclusa 1 month ago so far good stuff no side affects to speak of. Feeling much better more energy and gaining weight back ! Getting midway blood test in a few days fingers crossed I want this ugly virus out of me."

Augdog March 9, 2018