User Reviews for Epclusa

Learn more about Epclusa.

Hepatitis C 51 reviews 25 medications

8.1
Summary of Epclusa reviews 51 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Epclusa

For Hepatitis C "I have been fighting hep c for six years first when I was 51 I almost died from interforon and riboviron. OMG don't do it I know now we have so many better medications that will cure it. I was on epclusa for a month showed no virus and I panicked went off back at the end of Feb. Recently I went for blood work to find no virus this is four months after I went through treatment please pray it's over and I am cured Doctor said if it stays that way for three more month my chances are really good! I will keep in touch and pray for all of you."

janessa1961 August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Was diagnosed with Hep C (type 2) 3 years ago not sure how I got it but it must have been awhile ago since I was always tired and had no energy. I've been on Epclusa for 9 weeks now with no side effects. My first blood test after 4 weeks showed no sign of virus and I haven't had this much energy in such a long time. This drug has changed my life"

Dacr August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I did the 12 week treatment of epclusa. I am geno type 2. I started with 12,000,000 million I am now hep c free. I have one more blood test left at the 3 month blood test. anyway, hear lately I have been feeling bad headaches, a rash, nauseated and I'm just not sure what could be going on. Has anyone else had side effects even after taking the meds. During the treatment it wasn't terribly bad and I had some really good days as well."

H j garrett (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "This drug is a miracle drug for me! I had no side effects whatsoever, actually felt better on the drug, it made me fell stronger while using. I cleared up my HEP after having it for over 30 years, got it with an air gun before going over to Vietnam, Geno 3A, after a failed attempt with that horrible treatment interferon! I wouldn't recommend interferon & ribavirin, treatment on my worst enemies! So there is hope with all the new drugs! good luck! 5.00 co pay from the drug company also!"

KALTECH July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have 10 days left on my Epclusa treatment! Before I started treatment my viral load was 5,740,000. After 4 weeks of treatment it was down to 79! My liver enzymes are normal now. I struggled for about a week (week 9) with stomach problems, headaches and joint pain. I had stated previously I was Genotype 2 (B) and was diagnosed in 2005. Had 2 healthy kids and I am looking forward to kicking Hep c and my stage 2 Fibrosis. I have a new lease on life and I have a good feeling about curing this virus and watching my kids grow up. Stay positive, eat right and drink your water!"

KQTmom July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm 54 & I've had genotype 3 for about 17 years from heavy drug use. The first 4 week's of starting epclusa I had headache's on a daily basis and I'm not a headache person along with that was fatigue (short fused) tiredness & gassy tummy , I take my dose about 1 hr before bed & I sleep extremely well , I have 2 week's to go and now I'm starting to feel extremely nauseated off & on, it also caused me to have sensitivity to the sun & tan very easy, I had to take allergy med's for it as it caused a rash, it all sound's bad but it's a small price to pay for what I have put myself through & I have a lot of faith that I will be cured, my doctor say's he will do blood work 3 month's after I have been off to get a accurate reading."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have been taking Epclusa for 2 weeks, the first week was a terrific headache after 1 hr of taking it that subsided now the horrible joint pain and locked joint pain, I've tested positive for RA which is a effect of Hep c, the # are increasing since on med. I have Geno 3 for 30 + yrs, will keep posting"

Shehep30 July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I called it my million dollar medicine for first two weeks then the side effects started ears ringing, weakness, headache, nausea keep on with the commitment to finish the 12weeks and started calling it my poison. Yes I took my poison it had killed the virus so far 6 weeks out but I'm still not to full energy yet so I pray "

My Minimooo July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "started epclusa over a week ago and so far no side effects and do seem to have a little more energy now. type 2 and looking forward to cure."

danabro June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am 1/2 way thru my 12 weeks. The side effects I've had are , headaches almost daily mainly in the evening. Most of my joints have discomfort/pain in my upper body. These issues are tolerable by all means. I do get exhausted easily. I did my first blood test last week and it appears that the virus is gone. I am getting anemia according to the test as well. So far none of these side effects are horrible just annoying. Keeping the prayers going for us. Will update more later."

Central Texas (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Today I am halfway through my 12 week course of Epclusa. I have noticed some tiredness and a bit of weight loss but overall a dramatic improvement in energy. I would venture to guess this is from not drinking. I was diagnosed with stage 2 fibrosis a few months ago. I was diagnosed with hep c in 2005. I went on to have 2 healthy children and hope to be disease free in 6 weeks! I have been waiting for this cure. Good luck to everyone in treatment. Drink lots of water!"

KQTmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I started my treatment 11weeks+2 Day's ago, now I've only 5 days to go and my experience of the treatment using epclusa tablets (1 daily) has been fine, Now don't get me wrong I've suffered diarrhoea and tiredness but only had a few days of it, I think that the price of epclusa treatment is surprisingly excessive at 25 thousand pound for only 28 tablets"

Stirling guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I've experienced muscular and joint pains, especially in the afternoons - shoulders especially. Fatigue seems to be the most persistent complaint."

ABACO May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have been on Epclusa for 10 weeks. No side effects, and was undetectable at week 5. I just found out it came back so I am not really hopeful right now about being cured. How does it come back while I'm taking the medication?"

Tony Loc May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Second day on meds. I was so glad people took time to post a review on Epclusa as now I am not worried about side effects and most who take this get cured I do have that hangover feeling , fatigue and I am tired so thank you people"

Jymbo (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I take my last pill tomorrow. My arm, around the elbow is hurting real bad. Real, real bad. I felt it about a week into it. I did my 6 week blood test and no sign of the hep c. I hope it stays that way. I'm not sure of my level? 3-4-5? I forgot.. It messed with my memory too. Feel confused and not sure of myself. Nothing worse when 500 craft personnel depend on you. I just turned 58. Had this for 20 years is my guess.. I haven't drank alcohol in 3 months. I hope you folks who are starting the program don't either. Never had headaches or diarrhea like everyone says. My arm is killing me. Can hardly do anything with it.. I hope this rids this terrible virus. I wish the best for everyone."

alimony May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Diagnosed 1 yr ago Gen type 3 after other issues were being investigated. Now Into my second week of treatment no side effects to report , except tiredness and fatigue which I was already experiencing for many years . I was also suffering from aches and pains, liver pain, & dare I say it but I think I can already feel improvement, " touch wood". I have also been diagnosed with liver disease , not sure if the Hep C has caused this or my social drinking. I am now obviously abstaining . I go back for my first meds/bloods check in a few days, I will keep you guys upto date, best wishes to you all. Thank you Gilead and the UK NHS without either I suspect I would be on my way to the Grand Lodge Above"

UK WBro ! (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Hi I'm 51 F hepC type2 I just started taking the epclusa I'm 8 days in. I was expecting to be sick from it but, NO!! First day I felt less fatigue. Less pain. Not having any bad side affects, a little more gas and I feel a little irritated & not to be gross but noticed my stool looked dark green. I'm very pleased with the lack of side effects and hope it continues to be the same through treatment and of course that it's working and rids my body of this horrible virus. I pray for all of us every night that we get cured. I'll update when I do my blood work on week 4 . God bless everyone"

EllerMay66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have geno type 2 Started epclusa last night. No side effects as of yet and keeping my fingers crossed. Will report back down the road. Good luck y'all. Keeping the prayers going."

Central Texas May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I just started my Hep C treatment. I have genotype 2, I'm going on my second week taking epclusa. I contacted Hep C using drugs intravenously, I been infected 48 years. All the time I've had it, I never felt fatigue or had any other symptoms of Hep C, I'm 67 years old, anyway I haven't had any side effects, I don't want to talk to quick, but I feel better. I do a little exercise to keep myself strong. So far I feel much better. "

Brubank (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am into day 36 of 84 day (12 weeks) treatment. An hour after taking my first dose, I could definitely feel the medication coursing through my body. The first 14 days were the worst. Some headache, slight depression. I started feeling much better after the 3 weeks. I had blood work done after 30 days and ALT and AST are way down. I feel much better and the incredible burning itches I had before treatment started have stopped. It can tire you but a nap can really help. My appetite has gone through the roof, which is a good thing for me. I am really optimistic about beating this. I have had HCV since the mid-1980s. Here's hoping that the rest of my treatment goes well. Good luck to everyone!"

Fizbim (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I finished epclusa two weeks ago. I've had gum pain, and pain in my legs since. I'm glad to be completed. I'm not sure why everyone keeps leaving reviews only a few weeks into treatment. My sides effects varied weekly...so I couldn't really give a review while taking the drug. I also have a ringing sound in my head all day everyday, and no hearing loss. I hope that goes away with time. Undetected since week 4. I'd like to hear from others who are months into recovery after this. Do you feel better? Did your sides go away?"

Wackadoo April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "So, I began taking this medication for Hep C contracted from IV drug use. 24 years old. Doctor explained that since I had PPO insurance they would most likely cover the cost of the medication which I believe goes for around 75k for a 3 month supply. The medication was delivered straight to my house. Genotype 2b. Viral load was 1.7mil initially. I started taking the Medication March 30th, 2017. I had labs done this week to check on progress. After just 21 days of taking Epclusa viral load is completely undetectable. Initial fatigue first week, no symptoms after that. Great medication! Grateful that this option was available to me. Was absolutely worth it!!"

Madeinthe90s (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Follow-up to 2/13/17 post. I am 3/4 of the way through my 12 week treatment for Hep C Genotype 3 with Epclusa & only 2 weeks into the treatment my blood work was already showing the virus as "undetectable" & all my numbers back in normal ranges. I've been back for blood work twice since the first blood work & virus is still undetectable & all #'s excellent! Less than 4 weeks to go & hoping for the best! Good luck to all!"

IndigoMoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "After first month of taking Epclusa, I am undetectable!"

lbguy44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017