User Reviews for Epclusa

Learn more about Epclusa.

Hepatitis C 65 reviews 25 medications

8.1
Summary of Epclusa reviews 65 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Epclusa

For Hepatitis C "I had Hep C G4 2 for 40 years. I am into my 8th week of the 12 week Epclusa treatment. I'm having terrible gas pains. My viral load started at 90,000+ and was down to 20 as of my last blood test. My next blood work is this week. I still have no energy. I was disappointed since my viral load is so low. I thought I would have more energy by now but I the medication is causing fatigue. I’ve been through chemo so these side effects don’t seem so bad. I've no nausea. I had headaches and gas pain since day 1. I've been chewing Gas-X and also using Digest Zen essential oil but nothing is working 100%. I have had skin issues inside my right arm along the vein. It was swollen and itchy. I had to get a grant to cover the co-pays."

Andi F October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "7 weeks into treatment and ears buzzing like crazy, it is relentless was prescribed Betahistine Dihyrochloride tabs 16 mg taken half a tab twice a day for 2 weeks but so far no result. Have also noticed a lot of joint pain over the last couple of weeks (well more so than usual I am 54 lol)."

normal Pete (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have taken epclusa for 12 weeks the side effects were unbelievable nausea, stomach cramps, irritable, sleep apnea, burning skin sensations, sore joints, headache, zero energy been done the pill for 1 week and still feel awful hoping this will pass docs said only side effects I would have would be headache and fatigue - boy were they mistaken I am grateful for the opportunity I was given but may have given it a second thought if I knew what I was going to go through. Now I'm just hoping my blood test comes back negative"

rmay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "GT 1b, viral load 53 million, enlarged liver, gotten from blood transfusion 37 yrs ago I'm in week 2. I don't think any of the side effects are unbearable. But so far, nausea and vomiting daily, headaches similar to tension headache, tiredness, and lack of appetite. The lack of appetite has been bad because but I just can't eat. A spoonful of food every hour and I have to force myself. Smells/ taste buds are off and I'm very sensitive to smells. I've started noticing patches of peeling skin. It's on my fingertips and temples. I don't even know if that's a side effect. I vomited one night for two hours after my dose and was concerned if I needed another dose. I called Gilead and the nurse told me full absorption is in 2 hours so I was ok."

BatGirl1965 October 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have had Hep. C for nearly 40 years and was always very tired. It got to the point I could only work 4 hours a day. I started Epclusa in May and at first had headaches and some nausea. I am now viral free as of my last blood test in August. I do have more energy but I have now have gastritis and haven't felt well for two months with this problem. Now taking Nexium, liquid silver but still persists."

Skinny Mama September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Took for the twelve weeks and was cleared of virus that I have had for almost 20 years. My viral load was in the 2 million range and no side effects at all. It has been 4 months now and still clear. My Doctor chose this treatment over others because I was treated in the early years with the interferon/ ribarvarin, and it did not work for me."

Blo90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Hi...So I took 12 weeks of Epclusa for genotype 3a (viral load-3million). The epclusa did do the trick to get rid of the hep c, however I did experience and still do experience side effects. While I was on treatment I experienced tingling, nerve pain, irritability, insomnia, ear ringing, etc. The ear ringing and ear issues remain a problem after 7 months off of the meds. I urge everyone to report side effects to the FDA. When I reported them to my doctor, I was told NO ONE else had those side effects...and I felt like I was crazy. The only way they will have a list of the accurate side effects is if they are reported to the FDA and GILEAD. This helps other patients not feel so alone. All in all it solved the main issue I suppose--"

Jessthemess19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm 37 in few months had hep c, for most of my using so 15 years around that I guess. I'm on 90mlg biodone and have been on it for 9 years (dose level up and down most of this time spent on very low dose), unfortunately I began drinking very heavily about 2/5 yrs ago, I'm 4 months sober now but that is what progressed my hepc and I have chronic cirrhosis. I've been on epiclusa for 2.5 weeks and I'm also taking ribavirin twice daily. I've had few light headaches but the fatigue got me these last 3 days, but it doesn't help the fact that I'm on high level of biodone and put a lot of weight on from my drinking. I'm eating right and taking a lot of natural things that help the healing processes for the liver (apple, c/v,green tea) hope this helps"

Amyplatinum September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Update on treatment it has been 4 days off a month and have noticed a continual buzzing in my ears like cicadas singing. I also noticed that when urinating after taking tablet that I have to really be conscious of it. It reminds me of my using days when I was on the heroin. I'm not sure if these are side affects of Epclusa but documenting them for others to see if anyone has had them as well. Love to hear others experiences."

normal Pete (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I took the medication for 12 weeks with almost no side affects. I had more energy at 1 month into the treatment. The only side effects were some rashes after I finished the treatment. I got my results yesterday and no hep c 3 months after treatment!!! I'm relieved and also thankful I can live to see my children grow up."

Exdruggie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I was diagnosed with Hep C and chronic Cirrhosis stage 3 a day after my 62 Birthday. I have been in recovery from Alcohol and Drugs for over 32 years but was IV user in 1974. Total surprise and shocked. I felt fatigue this last year, had some discomfort in my stomach area and some nosebleeds as well as headaches. I have always been healthy and this was out of the ordinary for me. I have been on Epclusa for 6 weeks and feel so much better. Very minimal side effects of headache and joint pain as well as sweating specially when in direct sunlight. I am so pleased with this treatment and thankful every day when I take the medication. Co-pay of $5.00 is amazing."

Free85 September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Have been taking Epclusa for just over a week now constantly feel tired, but after 35yrs of living with hep c I reckon it's a small price to pay. I'm also on Suboxone 8 mg a day wondering if this has anything to do with tiredness. Can only hope that it knocks this disease on the head and I can get a few extra years out of this abused body of mine. Glad it's on the PBS scheme here in Australia"

normal Pete September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I've had hepatitis C for more than 15 years as a result of intravenous drug use. I started taking epclusa on Saturday I'll be on it for 12 weeks and so far I have had almost no side effects and I feel actually better on the medication than I did before so I will keep you updated on how the rest of the treatment goes."

Cara H. (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Hep c b2 had about 35 years on week 2 no side affects I even feel better more energy so far so good . Thank god for this cure report back after my 4 week blood test."

Cas1958 August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have been fighting hep c for six years first when I was 51 I almost died from interforon and riboviron. OMG don't do it I know now we have so many better medications that will cure it. I was on epclusa for a month showed no virus and I panicked went off back at the end of Feb. Recently I went for blood work to find no virus this is four months after I went through treatment please pray it's over and I am cured Doctor said if it stays that way for three more month my chances are really good! I will keep in touch and pray for all of you."

janessa1961 August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Was diagnosed with Hep C (type 2) 3 years ago not sure how I got it but it must have been awhile ago since I was always tired and had no energy. I've been on Epclusa for 9 weeks now with no side effects. My first blood test after 4 weeks showed no sign of virus and I haven't had this much energy in such a long time. This drug has changed my life"

Dacr August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I did the 12 week treatment of epclusa. I am geno type 2. I started with 12,000,000 million I am now hep c free. I have one more blood test left at the 3 month blood test. anyway, hear lately I have been feeling bad headaches, a rash, nauseated and I'm just not sure what could be going on. Has anyone else had side effects even after taking the meds. During the treatment it wasn't terribly bad and I had some really good days as well."

H j garrett (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "This drug is a miracle drug for me! I had no side effects whatsoever, actually felt better on the drug, it made me fell stronger while using. I cleared up my HEP after having it for over 30 years, got it with an air gun before going over to Vietnam, Geno 3A, after a failed attempt with that horrible treatment interferon! I wouldn't recommend interferon & ribavirin, treatment on my worst enemies! So there is hope with all the new drugs! good luck! 5.00 co pay from the drug company also!"

KALTECH July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have 10 days left on my Epclusa treatment! Before I started treatment my viral load was 5,740,000. After 4 weeks of treatment it was down to 79! My liver enzymes are normal now. I struggled for about a week (week 9) with stomach problems, headaches and joint pain. I had stated previously I was Genotype 2 (B) and was diagnosed in 2005. Had 2 healthy kids and I am looking forward to kicking Hep c and my stage 2 Fibrosis. I have a new lease on life and I have a good feeling about curing this virus and watching my kids grow up. Stay positive, eat right and drink your water!"

KQTmom July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm 54 & I've had genotype 3 for about 17 years from heavy drug use. The first 4 week's of starting epclusa I had headache's on a daily basis and I'm not a headache person along with that was fatigue (short fused) tiredness & gassy tummy , I take my dose about 1 hr before bed & I sleep extremely well , I have 2 week's to go and now I'm starting to feel extremely nauseated off & on, it also caused me to have sensitivity to the sun & tan very easy, I had to take allergy med's for it as it caused a rash, it all sound's bad but it's a small price to pay for what I have put myself through & I have a lot of faith that I will be cured, my doctor say's he will do blood work 3 month's after I have been off to get a accurate reading."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I have been taking Epclusa for 2 weeks, the first week was a terrific headache after 1 hr of taking it that subsided now the horrible joint pain and locked joint pain, I've tested positive for RA which is a effect of Hep c, the # are increasing since on med. I have Geno 3 for 30 + yrs, will keep posting"

Shehep30 July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I called it my million dollar medicine for first two weeks then the side effects started ears ringing, weakness, headache, nausea keep on with the commitment to finish the 12weeks and started calling it my poison. Yes I took my poison it had killed the virus so far 6 weeks out but I'm still not to full energy yet so I pray "

My Minimooo July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "started epclusa over a week ago and so far no side effects and do seem to have a little more energy now. type 2 and looking forward to cure."

danabro June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am 1/2 way thru my 12 weeks. The side effects I've had are , headaches almost daily mainly in the evening. Most of my joints have discomfort/pain in my upper body. These issues are tolerable by all means. I do get exhausted easily. I did my first blood test last week and it appears that the virus is gone. I am getting anemia according to the test as well. So far none of these side effects are horrible just annoying. Keeping the prayers going for us. Will update more later."

Central Texas (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Today I am halfway through my 12 week course of Epclusa. I have noticed some tiredness and a bit of weight loss but overall a dramatic improvement in energy. I would venture to guess this is from not drinking. I was diagnosed with stage 2 fibrosis a few months ago. I was diagnosed with hep c in 2005. I went on to have 2 healthy children and hope to be disease free in 6 weeks! I have been waiting for this cure. Good luck to everyone in treatment. Drink lots of water!"

KQTmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017