User Reviews for Interferon alfa-2b

Also known as: Intron A

Interferon alfa-2b has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 63% of those users who reviewed Interferon alfa-2b reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Hepatitis C
5.5
Melanoma
10.0
Summary of Interferon alfa-2b reviews 6.1 8 reviews

K February 17, 2021

For Hepatitis C: “I was treated for 3 months with Pegasus, did not work (1 injection a day with rubicon). Two years later I was on interferon, one injection a day for 18 months. Horrible, still having issues from it. Two years later used Harvoni, worked after 6 months. Hep c free. Interferon was like dying slowly, no one said it would be years of depression, anxiety, muscle pain, migraines....still, that was 2008....”

Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “I used interferon injections once a week for 11 weeks - cured of Hep C”

Lori September 19, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “I used interferon injections, 3 times a week for 52 weeks, in combination with Ribavirin 2 times a day. It was the year of the Dragon. I needed high doses of anxiety and depression meds, causing more side effects. In 1999, when I used the meds, people didn't know about Hep C. I was shunned by co-workers, causing more depression. I took a leave from work. I was home alone and when my husband came home from work, he found reason to leave again. Smelling food cooking made me nauseated. I was so fatigued, just getting out of bed made me tired. I lost 30 pounds. My blood counts were bad. BUT, the disease was cleared and within 4 weeks after the treatment, I was back to normal life. Any long lasting effects were better than worrying the rest of my life that I might accidentally infect my loved ones.”

Still faithful January 28, 2018

Intron A (interferon alfa-2b) for Hepatitis C: “Peg Interferon ruined my life. I would have rather of of had a short and happy life, than be rid of hep c and feel like I'm in hell . I'm not sure that I will now have a longer life span, but who wants that when you have such a low quality of life. I was ready to endure the horrific side effects for 48 weeks. I was not prepared to still lose hair, have untreatable depression and awful anxiety. I'm tired every day, I have tense muscles that ache, digestive issues, food sensitivities, take thyroid meds and adrenal fatigue. I took the interferon from 2002-2003. Whomever, was involved with this medicine is an awful person. I would rather be buried in the ground dead from liver disease than live this hell for the rest of my life. No doctors, counsellors, friends or family have a clue or any understanding of what this drug did to me. I've tried everything to be the old me. It's like my legs got cut off. But even a person in a wheel chair could at least learn to be happy.”

artist88 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2015

Intron A (interferon alfa-2b) for Hepatitis C: “Interferon was the worst experience of my life. The side effects were so horrible and it never did anything good for my Hep C. After each 6 month protocol my blood work showed no effect on the Hep C so at that time the only option was to do it again. But it never worked for me. Also I never had body pain before injecting Interferon and I still have it even after all these years later. I do not care for Interferon at all and looking back at when I was taking it, I really don't know how I did it.”

Post Interferon Syndrome · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 5, 2016

Intron A (interferon alfa-2b) for Hepatitis C: “I treated with Interferon in 2001 and with Pegasyst in 2010,both of these meds ruined my life! It has caused Chronic Pancreatitis,Chronic Bronchitis,R.A.,SLE Lupus,Sjogrens,Fibro.,CFS and many other Health problems.Before treatment I was a health nut...bench pressed well over 300 lbs...now I can barely wipe my own a##!! These meds have just about taken me out of this world!.And I look and can not believe that there is no lawsuit against the Pharma companys”

Cameraman · Taken for 10 years or more December 17, 2018

Intron A (interferon alfa-2b): “I have been on Intron A since November 1994. It put me into remission from Chronic Myloid Leukemia, and I have now been in remission for 20 years, but I have to continue on the Intron A. I inject 3 million units twice a week. It has some bad effects, but it did put me into remission; however, I am now having trouble walking and my balance isn't very good. It has also caused some eye problems such as blurred vision, flashing in my eyes, and I have gotten a film over my left eye for a period of time like 3 or 4 minutes.”

PR-2579 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2019

For Hepatitis C: “Interferon cured me completely of Hep C. I took it by injections, once a day for a year. It has been 18 years since this and all lab show no trace of hep C. As far of side effects, a little tired, and some depression. I was in the military at the time and the cost to me was nothing.”

Handel · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2017

For Melanoma: “Rough side effects, but 18 years later I am alive.”