How much does Epclusa cost?
The cost of Epclusa (sofosbuvir and velpatasvir) tablets is roughly $US78,078 for a full 12-week course of treatment. Your cost might vary based on insurance or manufacturer-provided discounts. Epclusa is covered by most insurance plans.
For more information, see Epclusa Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs.
Epclusa was the first direct-acting oral antiviral agent approved to treat all six major forms of hepatitis C virus (HCV).
Epclusa is used to treat adult and pediatric patients 3 years of age and older with chronic HCV genotype 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 infection:
- without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis
- with decompensated cirrhosis for use in combination with ribavirin
Epclusa tablets are used to treat patients weighing at least 17kg. Epclusa oral pellets have also been approved to treat children unable to swallow tablets.
Epclusa is taken once daily for 12 weeks.
Epclusa is a fixed-dose combination containing sofosbuvir and velpatasvir. An authorized generic version of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir tablets was launched in 2019. It is available from Asegua Therapeutics, a subsidiary of the company that also makes Epclusa. At the time of the launch of the generic, the list price for it was $US24,000.
- Epclusa. Savings on Epclusa. Available from: https://www.epclusa.com/saving-on-epclusa. [Accessed February 21, 2021].
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Epclusa. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2021/208341s017lbl.pdf. [Accessed June 15, 2021].
- Gilead. Gilead Subsidiary to Launch Authorized Generics of Epclusa® (Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir) and Harvoni® (Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir) for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C. September 24, 2018. Available from: https://www.gilead.com/news-and-press/press-room/press-releases/2018/9/gilead-subsidiary-to-launch-authorized-generics-of-epclusa-sofosbuvirvelpatasvir-and-harvoni-ledipasvirsofosbuvir-for-the-treatment-of-chronic. [Accessed February 15, 2021].
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between hepatitis B and C?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Epclusa?
- Does Epclusa cure Hep C, what is the success rate?
- Epclusa vs Harvoni – Which is better?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C?
- How does Epclusa work in the body?
- What is the difference between Vosevi and Epclusa?