User Reviews for Sofosbuvir / velpatasvir systemic

Hepatitis C
8.4

Summary of Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir reviews 8.4 151 reviews

Reviews for Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I’m 61 years old, I took Epclusa for 3 months, I had no negative side effects & I’m cured. l lost 40lbs and I feel great."

FaFa (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am on day 4 and I feel GREAT! And had to check right back in because I haven't felt like this in years! The medication makes me tired but not as bad as my HepC. I am geno type 1 and don't know my viral load . I am soo thankful for Gilead's scientists for developing this LIFESAVING medicine. Words cannot express how grateful I am for being able to finally get this medication. Yesterday I was able to finally take my grandchildren to the store and buy them a present. Before the medication I could not even leave my house and yesterday was a gift. THANK YOU ! I hop and pray everyone with HepC is given this opportunity to receive this life saving medication. Hopefully the cost will go down so everyone can have a new lease on life. I will check in after my first blood test. Good luck to everyone I am truly THANKFUL! And thank everyone for your feedback especially the drinking water part it truly helps!"

Thankful (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "On my first 24 hours I had some energy but now I am drained. This disease is life robbing and I can't wait to get my life back. Thankfully I have this medication and finally I will get back to normal! Hopefully soon. But I am soo grateful to the people who developed this life saving medication! For now I am just dragging! In time I know this will pass! Good luck to everyone on their journey to health again!"

Thankful (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Day 27. Known of Virus since 1990 while trying to give at a blood bank to help others. I have Arthritis to the extent both hips replaced in 2016; but I am 5.9, 185 lbs, I was a kick boxer, flew out of surgery kicking again. EPCLUSA NO SIDE EFFECTS, BUT WAS TOLD TAKE TYLENOL ONLY, as another person says they have joint pain, but none above normal for me. 1st Blood Test tomorrow 11/15/2018. Best Wishes to All And The Grant to make it FREE !!!"

rretired (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have genotype 1A and a viral load of 5.5 million. Third day on Epclusa, so far side effects that I felt are aching in joints and irritability. I've had a virus for about 30 years. I went through the first treatment in 2006 with peg in Tron and ribavirin combination. It came with a preloaded pen that you injected once a week with about eight ribavirin per day That treatment just about killed me. We're supposed to do 12 months but could only do six due to a series of negative side effects. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Hep C virus will be undetectable after 3 to 4 weeks So I will post again around that time to update"

Johnny boy (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took epclusa for 12 weeks, gene type 1, and had no side affects and just finished them. Had my first lot of blood test and came back non detected will have bloods again in January next year so I am keeping positive that I am cured. Highly recommend this drug."

Happyas (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "My original post was on 9-15-2018. I had just found out that my virus was not detectable any longer! I have 12 days left to take Epclusa. It has been really easy for me. The only side effect that I've noticed is heartburn on & off during the day. You can't take any antacid for 3 hours after taking the drug. I wanted to post what has changed with me. Way more energy! My finger nails are not brittle anymore, and the lengthwise grooves are gone. And, this is BIG, my eyes are not bloodshot anymore. Doctors told me my eyes were red because I had dry eye syndrome. Actually, I don't, it was this stupid virus! I thank Gilead every day for this medicine that cured me! -Grateful Senior Citizen"

GratefulSeniorCitize (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "My hepatitis was first detected in 1980 during a routine annual physical. (Elevated blood enzymes.) I was 28 years old. No symptoms and no cure, They could not even identify the type (A, B or C) or the specific Genome type back then. It stayed hidden. Fast forward 38 years and my GI doc put me on EPCLUSA for HepC 1a on June 02, 2018. The doc also arranged for me to receive a Grant from the Healthwell Foundation to help offset the cost, $88,000. It was cleared and gone in 3 weeks. But after the 3rd week, the side effects hit me like a brick. Extreme tiredness, memory problems. I finished the Epclusa a month ago and the virus is still undetectable but the side effects are going away VERY slowly. A month later I am still exhausted but happy I was cured. (Fingers crossed - I will have my next checkup in 3 months)"

EastCoastJoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I had hep c, genotype 3 for years with my viral load over 6 million. I took this med for 30 days with very minimal side effects over a year ago. I’m extremely proud to say it worked! I’m cured! I just did a blood test. I can’t say enough good things about this drug! It truly saves lives. Good luck on your journey. I hope it does the same for everyone that needs it."

Anonymous October 19, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "On Friday I finished my last epclusa tablet. I am still having low heart rate and the cardiologists thanks it could be the medication and we will wait and see since my script was finishing the day after my appointment. I had to do a Stress Test and Echo Cardiogram, which I tired out (two weeks ago), he still wants me to finish this ASAP. I have done much research and my father a physician stressed the Vegas Nerve can cause much problems with heart, migraine, to many stomach upsets if it has been irritated. Since looking up the exercises to stimulate the Vegas Nerve I can tell a difference in the sinus/ ear infection and the Heart arythmia that plagued me. Thus causing discomfort and feeling fearful...Now no more and also chocolate caused me to have them. My brain fog started clearing up three weeks ago...And my ammonia levels started to return to normal- so off Lactalose/ having some GURD. The virus was not detectable after first month of treatment. God Bless."

Art580 October 14, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Found this treatment very tiring, had mad matalic taste in mouth everyday sleeplessness was pretty bad Good treatment anyhow, last day today extremely grateful for NHS services I had Hep C 12 years it was undetected after 2 weeks. Good treatment worth the side effects at times"

alexi98713 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have had Genotype 2 for over 50 years w/o knowing it! My viral load was 12 million/ML. Had several blood transfusions in 1964/1965. I have been on EPCLUSA since Aug 14th. First blood test Sep 12th, and the virus can no longer be detected! I am so grateful and happy right now!!! Someone here said to drink lots of water, so I drink at least 100 oz/day. Thank you Gilead, for developing this drug, and thank you Drugs.com for creating this review site! I read everyone's review before starting EPCLUSA, and it helped to know what to look for!"

Grateful Senior Citizen (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Today, 31 days after starting this WONDERFUL drug, my lab test came back "Not Detectable" I have had Hep C for 53 years, without knowing it for 52 years. Blood transfusion in 1965. I have had no side effects. My advice to everyone that is starting it: Drink at least 100 ounces of water every day, limit caffeine, fake sugars and spicy stuff. Coffee, hot sauce and Splenda were aggravating my tinnitus, and cutting back fixed it. Best of luck to everybody, and thank you Gilead for developing this drug! You saved my life!"

Kat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am at 3 weeks today and I have noticed I do have a headache pretty much all of the time and the pain in my lower back is starting to get pretty bad, there are the occasional muscle aches and I am noticeably much more tired but even all of this is ok with 2 Excedrin. I have not noticed any changes in mood even being on anti depressants. I am just grateful!"

Ammie September 10, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have had Hep C for 20 plus years, maybe longer. Ten years ago the procrite and interferon ten month torture did nothing other than make me sicker than I have ever been for longer than I have ever been. Ten months of god knows what, tired, extreme flue like symptoms, fatigue, diminished brain function, divorce, etc etc etc. Did not get ride of the virus and took at least six months to recover to 80% of my physical and mental capabilities. Ten years later I am on my fourth week of epclusa. Although the long term affects of taking this are still unknown I can say my side affects so far are minimal. A tolerable head ache - less headache the more water I drink - fatigue but manageable. Sleep just fine. No noticeable joint pain. No additional depression. So if this is all I will endure for the next eight weeks and it kills the virus with no long term side affects then this is truly a marvel of modern science."

ra September 7, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was diagnosed with hep c 2004, I didn't feel any symptoms of the disease, but my viral count was near 4mil. The second of 4 blood tests show not detectable. I felt no side effects except maybe a little moody ,slept well and maintained a good appetite throughout the whole process"

Gratefulgeorge (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I've had Hep C for 8 years now and I've started taking epclusa, its been 2 weeks and all of a sudden I'm getting severe stomach aches like someone punched me in the solar plexus and constant bout of the runs for 48 hours now. I completed a logistics and forklift licence and got a interview on Monday, at this rate I won't be able to work either from the pain or the runs, pain first and then the follow on. When I first started it my muscle fatigue reduced dramatically and I felt energy like I was a new person again. I really don't know how long these side-effects are going to last for but I feel like I constantly need access to a bathroom lol. My blood count was in the mere hundreds so I don't know why I'm having such bad pains. It literally doubles me over wherever I am at the time. I hope you guys are feeling better than I am and no matter what keep taking the epclusa otherwise it'll all be for nothing! Peace out."

Nate August 31, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was diagnosed with Hep C, gen type 2, six years ago and was devastated. I started treatment 8 weeks ago. After the first 4 weeks my viral load was undetectable, talk about a relief! I was feeling pretty poorly before the treatment started, and I feel great now! I have had no side effects other than a very slight headache a couple of times. I am starting my last 4 week treatment this Monday, and I am thrilled with the results."

pacman (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have been on Epclusa for a little over a week and I have no side effects at all. I take it after work around 4 pm and I still wake up at 4 am and work until 4 pm with no problems. I have had Hep C for 15 years and was terrified of treatment because of all of the negative side effects I was warned about. I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity to be cured from this illness and the best part with the manufacturer's coupon I only paid $5.00 out of pocket after my insurance. I have read several reviews and to be honest I am still nervous though that I will develop unpleasant side effect after several weeks of taking the medication or even after finishing it. For now though I am just going to continue to have hope that maybe I won't."

Ammie (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "My eyes were green . They are bright blue now. I've been on med since July 5th."

Gypsy August 10, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Finished my 12 week treatment 4 days ago on the 25 July 2018, No side effects the whole treatment, in fact I have never felt so good. This morning I woke up feeling really sore, aching and tired but not sick, grumpy and irritable. I didn’t realise there maybe some form of withdrawals from the medication but it makes sense. I have stayed healthy, worked no less than 4 times a week since starting treatment. Today I feel exhausted, horrible and depressed. I'm hoping this feeling goes away. I will update in a week or so. I’m still saying 10/10 because I’m so thankful to have been able to use this medication"

Treatmentcomplete18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I’m 61 and I’ve had Hep c for over 30 years. My viral load was almost 2 million. It went down to 0 within my first month with no negative side effects and my enzymes are normal. I’ve got 8 more weeks to go. Hope it stays away forever... God Bless!"

Fran (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "My husband is on day 55 of Epclusa. He has done fantastic so far! Levels have lowered, soon hopefully gone, and has had minimal issues, and no serious issues that has prevented him from working (he does concrete and physical labor in 100+ degrees daily) he has had some headaches, and the further on he goes, the worse his bone and joint pain gets, but again, not debilitating. He looks at the brighter side daily and having a positive attitude is the key to tolerating the aches and pains that comes along. He has had dizzy spells, so we increase his water intake, and it makes it better. No other medications were tried prior to this, so I can't speak for them, but I can say that Epclusa has definitely been a liver saver! It also takes a lot for your significant other to be a part of this, speaking personally, and dealing with the irritability and mood changes.. but I also, look at the brighter side, and stay optimistic. A good attitude is needed for all involved!"

Jacobem2629 July 25, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Started Epclusa 400 mg 1 tablet a day and I'm up to day 6. I contracted Hep C in 1970 at the age of 5 from a blood transfusion. Diagnosed in 1996, Genotype 1a. 1st treatment in 2002. Have seen more specialists and tests than I care to admit. Referred in Jan. for evaluation for a liver transplant. Meld (Model For End-Stage Liver Disease) score was 15. On a early transplant list. Insurance will only cover 3 months (12 weeks) of treatment. Epclusa was chosen. Side effects are more mild than previous treatment, but still very early in process. Constant headache, pressure like a band around front of head, nausea, extreme tiredness, and some cramping and diarrhea. Very low energy. I drink 90-100 oz. of water daily. Take medication right before bedtime with a light snack. On 5 other medications as well. Have never smoked, drank or taken drugs. It’s taken decades to get here, and I pray once and for all there is a cure for this insidious virus that has affected millions, upon millions of people around the globe."

PrayingtobefreeofHepC (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am on day 18...I had fatigue 1st 4 days but have been feeling great since . They won't test my blood for 3 months after I finish the treatment so I won't know until December. I figure I have had hep c for 13yrs. I was getting sick even though 2 top specialists said that my symptoms weren't from the hep c. I knew they were so now I know I was right all along . Trying to tell me I was crazy . I hopeful for this treatment."

Finallyfeelinggood (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018