User Reviews for Sofosbuvir / velpatasvir

Also known as: Epclusa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir.

Hepatitis C
7.9

Summary of Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir reviews 7.9 86 reviews

Reviews for Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took epclusa with ribavirin for 3 months looked like I was Hep C free but 30 days later I am showing 220000 parts in blood. I am a liver transplant patient who took a liver with hep C which I already had anyway plus liver cancer. I beat the cancer and did treatment now its back."

pugatha (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Got Hep C in 1976 due to traumatic removal of spleen and 3 units of blood. After the recovery I got really ill. Specialists call it non..A...B. I just went back to my life ...no worries. Then in the 90's major trauma with loss of right kidney and 19 Units of blood. Took About 7 yrs to recover from that to where I am today. I did not have any real symptoms I could relate specifically to hep C. I started the treatment in late Oct. I have never felt so sick after starting the Epclusa. My viral load was 55 mil but it is trending down. If this treatment works it will be worth it. I really hope it works."

Smigget (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have been on Epclusa for 2 months. They tell you that the only side effects and light fatigue and headaches well they are wrong. I sleep 10 hours at night then I have 2 naps during the day and afternoon. Splitting headache usually within an hour of my dose. Also joint pain. Very sore. Bland taste. Depression has been the worst for me. Constant thoughts of I'm a failure and feeling of worthlessness on this medication. I hope people realize the potential of these side effects for 12 weeks on this medication. The FDA needs to look into this more from the reviews I read and people I talk with who use Epclusa for a cure of hep c."

Justin Ss (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have 3 more days of doses but started feeling better after the first couple of days after taking it. Tested negative for the virus after 30 days . Well in November I was diagnosed with, Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Was kinda curious if anyone else has been known to experience this major tragedy. I am not trying to be negative about epclusa but I am just wondering if it has ever been known to cause or could be a chance of breast cancer. No one in my family has had breast cancer so it doesn't run in my family. Thank you for listening. A little curious. "

A little curious (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm 38 nearly 39 yrs old and was diagnosed with hep c in 2011 from IV drug use. I've been on epclusa for 3 days with nausea and diarrhea. Did anyone have diarrhea throughout entire treatment?"

Missy38 December 16, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I've been taking epclusa for exactly 3 weeks today. I just got the results from my blood work at 2 weeks of treatment, and my viral load is virtually undetectable. I have had almost no side effects (slight joint discomfort and some fatigue). Considering I am a bit over weight and diabetic, my doctor and I are both amazed at the results so far. 5 more weeks of treatment to go. I am hopeful that the early success is lasting."

Justin P (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm a 62 year old man with Hep C type 2 b, I have had Hep C for over 40 years from IV drug use in the early 1970's I got sober in AA in 1977 and was diagnosed with Hep C shortly afterwards. I annually would get my blood work tested and in 2010 had stage 3 cirrhosis. In 2014 my insurance covered 90 day hep c treatment Sovaldi and Robaviran I had a difficult time, after 60 days hep c was undetected however 90 days after conclusion the Hep c returned! Fast forward to today I have 25 days left on the Epclusa 90 day treatment plan. I am still hep c detected from 1.5 million to 85 however Still Detected my doctor is not optimistic and I am frustrated but still trying. I am not giving up hope please pray for me! Thank you"

Marc R December 11, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "In July or Aug I found out I had hep C 3a go with over 15 million in virus load. I started taking esclusa Oct 23 2017 should be done by Feb 2018 I hope cause getting married in March. IDK if it's the medicine causing me to hurt more or cuz I just had back surgery 5 weeks ago I get stomach cramps like period cramps but had total hysterectomy in 2013. I also have the fatigue, some headaches and sweats. My doctor raised my estrogen and I also have the gas bad I can't hold it or even know it's coming thought it was from colonoscopy in Sept cause of the air the put in. I had 12 polyps still haven't heard from doctor on that which is same doctor I see for the Hep c he's the one who officially diagnosed me and also I have gained 12 lbs since started taking it"

Tjjackson50 December 3, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "The side effects were severe: I became extremely exhausted and weak. The exhaustion was beyond any form of tiredness imaginable. Month 2 and 3 were the worst. I slept for 12 hours at night and 4 hours in the afternoon. I also had extreme body temperature- very hot at night. I had to sleep with a wet towel around my neck. I did not experience headaches. My treatment ended in August. All Hep C is gone. I am slowly recovering my strength. Good luck!"

Robbie21 December 2, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I've had Hep C for more than 15 years. Was prescribed epclusa. After 6 weeks viral load was undetectable. During treatment had confusion, depression, anxiety, very short tempered, and light sensitivity. I finished the 3 months and still have no viral load, but the light sensitivity remains to the point I need to wear sunglasses when I drive at night."

GRichards December 1, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have 10 days left of treatment. It has been a struggle for me, joint pain mostly in my fingers and toes like it hurts to bend them, headaches, fatigue, tiredness, bad bland metallic taste in my mouth. I have gained almost twenty pounds but feel nausea at times and lack of energy. I am grateful to have received the funding all paid for from Support Path Program. I am hoping and praying this works."

Lea82 November 30, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Only been on Epclusa for a week. Super fatigued an hour after taking med then much better full of energy but lost most of my morning. Changed to night time but got headaches. Back to taking in the am but about 9 pm I hit a wall of tired—like someone slipped me something to make me pass out. I know I need to nap more but my job won’t allow it so I’ll take it at 7am work my butt off then pass out at 9—not a bad idea anyway for daily living. Diagnosed 2 years ago but know I’ve had Hep C since the 80’s.....more to come."

Txgirl66 (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Alright 14 days to go thank goodness. Since my last comment so much has happened, still buzzing which is driving me crazy, joints aching, and now getting anxiety (panic) attacks something that I have never had before, this freaks me out. I do have a lot of issues coming up from my time in juvenile detention 40yrs ago, so can't specifically place Epclusa as the cause but my lady reckons it is playing the major contributing factor. I've had Hep C since I was 23 years old. I'm now 54 I'm hoping that these (side affects??) disappear along with this disease when I've finished this course of meds. I'm hoping the best for everyone"

normal Pete November 8, 2017

For Hepatitis C: "I was a 17 years hep C type 1 sufferer, unsuccessfully treated with earlier medications, this worked! I was very nervous about purchasing from abroad but in so glad I did. The first few days I felt a little 'odd' in the mornings, but that quickly past. After I'd been on it a few weeks people stated commenting on how much more energy I had! I took 1 tablet daily for 12 weeks."

RachelGo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "This medication has been very effective for me. No major side effects to mention. I think the only negative thing is that it's a larger pill."

Kenwa November 3, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I first discovered I had HEP C back in the late 90's. Maybe from Tattoos, maybe from sex, I really don't know where I got it . In 2001 I went through the Ribovflavin pill and injection program for a year. That was a rough rough go but it knocked my viral load down to next to nothing. 15 years later my viral load began rising again. Today I am near the end of the program on my last 3 pills from the 90 day run. I have had some minor side affects....mostly weakness and fatigue and muscle cramps near the end here. I have my last labs next week....hopefully I am good to go."

swampsterman October 30, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I had Hep C G4 2 for 40 years. I am into my 8th week of the 12 week Epclusa treatment. I'm having terrible gas pains. My viral load started at 90,000+ and was down to 20 as of my last blood test. My next blood work is this week. I still have no energy. I was disappointed since my viral load is so low. I thought I would have more energy by now but I the medication is causing fatigue. I’ve been through chemo so these side effects don’t seem so bad. I've no nausea. I had headaches and gas pain since day 1. I've been chewing Gas-X and also using Digest Zen essential oil but nothing is working 100%. I have had skin issues inside my right arm along the vein. It was swollen and itchy. I had to get a grant to cover the co-pays."

Andi F October 15, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "7 weeks into treatment and ears buzzing like crazy, it is relentless was prescribed Betahistine Dihyrochloride tabs 16 mg taken half a tab twice a day for 2 weeks but so far no result. Have also noticed a lot of joint pain over the last couple of weeks (well more so than usual I am 54 lol)."

normal Pete (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Just took my last pill yesterday. 3 months of Epclusa brought varying side effects monthly. 1st month— a crushing depression would come on approximately 1 hour after my dose. My mood would go from bright to dark like clockwork. If this happens to you, start dozing RIGHT BEFORE BEDTIME so you can sleep thru the blues. It’s weird and rare, but IS a side effect. 2nd month- diarrhea, but my skin brightened and so did my eyes. 3rd month—fatigue. Some days I had to take 3 naps. And I’m usually manic/anxious and can go all day without ever sitting down. Not on Epclusa, though. It made me tired the last month. That being said, it was all bearable, and controllable. I’m undetectable now, and am also blessed because of this medicine."

Nonsicknow (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hep C, GT 3, age 52, Hep C for 30 years. I did Interferon - it was the devil himself and did nothing but raise my levels after a year - that was 20 years ago. I did a 'trial' a few years ago of the Harvoni w\Ribavirin that I again failed miserably. I started Epclusa 13 weeks ago. Promised no side effects. I went to sleep & woke up in an 80 year old body, it was/is causing muscle wasting, extreme muscle/joint pain. Everything else is hardly noticeable comparative. Includes; ringing of the ears, headaches, fatigue, bland taste buds. Raised ALT & AST and of course the levels of CK are well over 560 weekly, severe skin rash that grows daily and has now moved to my face/arms. BUT SHOWING NEGATIVE!! Lets see what 3 months says, fingers crossed!"

Gina1952 October 11, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have taken epclusa for 12 weeks the side effects were unbelievable nausea, stomach cramps, irritable, sleep apnea, burning skin sensations, sore joints, headache, zero energy been done the pill for 1 week and still feel awful hoping this will pass docs said only side effects I would have would be headache and fatigue - boy were they mistaken I am grateful for the opportunity I was given but may have given it a second thought if I knew what I was going to go through. Now I'm just hoping my blood test comes back negative"

rmay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "GT 1b, viral load 53 million, enlarged liver, gotten from blood transfusion 37 yrs ago I'm in week 2. I don't think any of the side effects are unbearable. But so far, nausea and vomiting daily, headaches similar to tension headache, tiredness, and lack of appetite. The lack of appetite has been bad because but I just can't eat. A spoonful of food every hour and I have to force myself. Smells/ taste buds are off and I'm very sensitive to smells. I've started noticing patches of peeling skin. It's on my fingertips and temples. I don't even know if that's a side effect. I vomited one night for two hours after my dose and was concerned if I needed another dose. I called Gilead and the nurse told me full absorption is in 2 hours so I was ok."

BatGirl1965 October 7, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have had Hep. C for nearly 40 years and was always very tired. It got to the point I could only work 4 hours a day. I started Epclusa in May and at first had headaches and some nausea. I am now viral free as of my last blood test in August. I do have more energy but I have now have gastritis and haven't felt well for two months with this problem. Now taking Nexium, liquid silver but still persists."

Skinny Mama September 30, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Took for the twelve weeks and was cleared of virus that I have had for almost 20 years. My viral load was in the 2 million range and no side effects at all. It has been 4 months now and still clear. My Doctor chose this treatment over others because I was treated in the early years with the interferon/ ribarvarin, and it did not work for me."

Blo90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hi...So I took 12 weeks of Epclusa for genotype 3a (viral load-3million). The epclusa did do the trick to get rid of the hep c, however I did experience and still do experience side effects. While I was on treatment I experienced tingling, nerve pain, irritability, insomnia, ear ringing, etc. The ear ringing and ear issues remain a problem after 7 months off of the meds. I urge everyone to report side effects to the FDA. When I reported them to my doctor, I was told NO ONE else had those side effects...and I felt like I was crazy. The only way they will have a list of the accurate side effects is if they are reported to the FDA and GILEAD. This helps other patients not feel so alone. All in all it solved the main issue I suppose--"

Jessthemess19 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017