User Reviews for Sofosbuvir / velpatasvir

Hepatitis C
8.3

Summary of Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir reviews 8.3 166 reviews

Reviews for Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Just about to take my very 1st dose of epclusa Will report back and let you know how things go."

Gerryboy13 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Completed the 3 months of Epclusa treatment in December 2018 for my Hep C, it is now March 2019 and the side effects are worse now. I have constant buzzing in my head/ears (tinnitus), numbness & tingling, internal shakiness, insomnia, brain fog, very weak, depression, and back pain. I regret taking Epclusa. I felt better before the treatment. I have gone to a Naturopathic Practitioner, Chiropractor, and Acupuncturist to try to help but it is not any better. I don't know what to do at this point and it is scary."

jjjj456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Week 5 of treatment with Epclusa and blood work results from week 3 of treatment; viral load count down from 1.5 million to 40/Forty! Doctor said blood work from week 5 might come back as non detected! I get those results next month, along with my Fibroscan results. Blood work has my liver damage score between 1-2. Doctor told me that will reverse with completion of treatment. Side effects have been minimal and tolerable."

Gypsylife (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was cured and experienced very few and very mild side effects while on the drug."

Eve (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Day 30, only side effect is fatigue. I hope this works. Back in 1976 when I was diagnosed with Hep C my doctor. Fast forward to last year, started getting Hep C and B mixed up, so got tested and found out I had it. From 1976 to 2009 I drank and partied my arse off. I have also been on Vicodin since 2000 and for a few years exceeded the daily recommended dosage of Acetaminophen which can cause liver damage. Early stage of cirrhosis, doctor says not a big deal. Strange, never felt any Hep C effects since 1976."

Boomer_Madness (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I just received the results from my final blood test, which is given 3 months after you finish EPCLUSA. The virus is gone, and I am cured of Hepatitis C! This medicine has given me my retirement back, and I am so grateful and blessed. Stick with it everyone, it's worth it!"

GratefulSeniorCitize (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I started on epclusa 5 weeks ago. I was really nervous about side effects..as it turned out I didn't have any. Nothing. I have a viral load of 6 million. My fibroscan was a 4.6 so my liver is in better shape than even most people that don't have hep c. The beginning of fatty infiltration. Genotype 1a. My ALTs were 400 when I started, my 4 week ALT was 19. So far so good. Hoping for the best. Don't be afraid of this miracle. Genotype 1a."

Geezer (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was diagnosed with Hep C 12/19/18. My healthcare provider was just as shocked as I was, no history of INDU or IVDU, no blood transfusions. Never had any bloodwork with elevated liver numbers or anything to cause concern. Several tattoos and piercings done in my youth could be a source and shared grooming tools with ex partner. Specialist said I’ve most likely been infected 5-10 years. I have genotype 1A, viral load of 1.5 million. I’ve been taking Epclusa for 7 days. I read most of the user reviews on this blog and was somewhat skeptical about starting. The success rate of being cured far outweighs any doubt I have. The only side effects thus far have been nausea, (waves within an hour) headache, (I then followed the increased water intake advice which seems to help) and unusual tiredness,(increases each day) and the strangest effect-I have lost my sense of taste! It’s maddening. All of these symptoms/effects are tolerable."

Gypsylife February 13, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Very interesting Just started the treatment . If I had of read the reviews before hand ,Ii might not have started . The most concerning issue seems to be the withdrawal effects . mmmm !"

Me February 12, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am 71 - have had Hep C for who knows how long. Did the interferon / procrit six years ago - don't do it - doesn't work and the side affects are psychologically and physically destructive - can lead to suicidal depression - had two friends die on it. 90 days since treatment with epclusa - no virus detected."

rudone (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "have used epclusa 400 mg/100 mg tablet for 12 weeks. Just finished in July-2018 & Test result was as HCV negative. Now after 6 months @ Jan-2019 in re-investigation again the HCV is POSITIVE."

Anonymous February 2, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm 7 weeks into my 12 week course of Epclusa after having Hep C genotype 3A for about 10 years, and I'm 44. I had not been aware of my Hep C until a month before I started Epclusa and had some aggravating symptoms: lethargy, general malaise, sore eyes, slight memory lapses and reduced motivation. Since starting my course, I was initially much more energetic, which subsidised to what I consider feeling normal after a week or so. I have been having mild sleeping issues, almost like very light sleeping. My eyes are nearly back to normal again. I have tinnitus which can be annoying, but is generally bearable. 60% of the time I wake feeling unrested and find it difficult to get out of bed, but a quick strong coffee cures that. I take my medication at 9:30am sharp, which works for me. In general, I feel much better, I am back at the gym 6 days a week and haven't felt the desire to skip gym days through feeling tired or unwell at all. Highly recommended."

AustralianGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took Epclusa for 12 weeks. The first few weeks I didn't have many side effects. After about a month I started having a lot of weird dreams and not sleeping well. Began having fatigue and brain fog. I thought I was going to get through the 12 weeks with somewhat mild side effects. About the tenth week I started having severe fatigue, severe memory issues (brain fog). I could not wait to get through the last three weeks. It almost had me demobilized."

Hep C free (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I've had hep c since 1994 and in 2010 I did the interferon and it damn near killed me and then two years ago I did the vicaire pack and it made my body swell up so bad that I had to be admitted into the hospital five different times for for five days at a time. So I just started the epclusa I am two months into it and I am undetected. At first the only side effect I had was nausea but now I'm extremely tired and I'm having a lot of pain around where my liver sets at front side to back but other than that the medication is working great. I think I got about a month and a week left something like that I'll be done with my treatment March 1st. I've been on it since the end of November. I would highly recommend this medication for Hep C patients this is the third one that I've tried and the only one that I've had success with so far"

Candie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Update: Day 23 of12 weeks of Epclusa ALT Normal! AST Normal! Iron level Normal! First time for normal ALT and AST since at least 1996! Still feeling great. No side effects. Slight metallic taste History: 67 your old male in Ontario Canada. Bad blood (traced back to a Texas jail) after a MVA in Oct 1987. Discovered I had Hep C Genotype 2B in 1996. Liver biopsy was good. 2002 started Interferon/Ribivarin combo terrible experience & after total hearing loss in right ear 10 weeks in had to abandon. However over the next few years ALT levels were lower and no other symptoms except some fatigue. Last two years fatigue increased & blood tests showed very high Iron levels consistent with liver problems (a DNA test all but ruled out Hemochromatosis). Specialist advised that Epclusa works for genotype 2B and is completely covered by the Ontario Drug Plan. I took a regular prescription to my pharmacy and got the first months supply the next day."

2B or not to be? (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Shared my story a few weeks ago. Received my results this week ahead of appt. with Dr. and feel blessed that HVC was undetectable one month out and liver enzymes were normal after being elevated for 25 plus years. Hope to be virus free after 90 days as is the standard. Good luck to everyone and stick with it RJ"

RJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I’m 61 years old, I took Epclusa for 3 months, I had no negative side effects & I’m cured. l lost 40lbs and I feel great."

FaFa (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am on day 4 and I feel GREAT! And had to check right back in because I haven't felt like this in years! The medication makes me tired but not as bad as my HepC. I am geno type 1 and don't know my viral load . I am soo thankful for Gilead's scientists for developing this LIFESAVING medicine. Words cannot express how grateful I am for being able to finally get this medication. Yesterday I was able to finally take my grandchildren to the store and buy them a present. Before the medication I could not even leave my house and yesterday was a gift. THANK YOU ! I hop and pray everyone with HepC is given this opportunity to receive this life saving medication. Hopefully the cost will go down so everyone can have a new lease on life. I will check in after my first blood test. Good luck to everyone I am truly THANKFUL! And thank everyone for your feedback especially the drinking water part it truly helps!"

Thankful (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "On my first 24 hours I had some energy but now I am drained. This disease is life robbing and I can't wait to get my life back. Thankfully I have this medication and finally I will get back to normal! Hopefully soon. But I am soo grateful to the people who developed this life saving medication! For now I am just dragging! In time I know this will pass! Good luck to everyone on their journey to health again!"

Thankful (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Day 27. Known of Virus since 1990 while trying to give at a blood bank to help others. I have Arthritis to the extent both hips replaced in 2016; but I am 5.9, 185 lbs, I was a kick boxer, flew out of surgery kicking again. EPCLUSA NO SIDE EFFECTS, BUT WAS TOLD TAKE TYLENOL ONLY, as another person says they have joint pain, but none above normal for me. 1st Blood Test tomorrow 11/15/2018. Best Wishes to All And The Grant to make it FREE !!!"

rretired (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have genotype 1A and a viral load of 5.5 million. Third day on Epclusa, so far side effects that I felt are aching in joints and irritability. I've had a virus for about 30 years. I went through the first treatment in 2006 with peg in Tron and ribavirin combination. It came with a preloaded pen that you injected once a week with about eight ribavirin per day That treatment just about killed me. We're supposed to do 12 months but could only do six due to a series of negative side effects. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Hep C virus will be undetectable after 3 to 4 weeks So I will post again around that time to update"

Johnny boy (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took epclusa for 12 weeks, gene type 1, and had no side affects and just finished them. Had my first lot of blood test and came back non detected will have bloods again in January next year so I am keeping positive that I am cured. Highly recommend this drug."

Happyas (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "My hepatitis was first detected in 1980 during a routine annual physical. (Elevated blood enzymes.) I was 28 years old. No symptoms and no cure, They could not even identify the type (A, B or C) or the specific Genome type back then. It stayed hidden. Fast forward 38 years and my GI doc put me on EPCLUSA for HepC 1a on June 02, 2018. The doc also arranged for me to receive a Grant from the Healthwell Foundation to help offset the cost, $88,000. It was cleared and gone in 3 weeks. But after the 3rd week, the side effects hit me like a brick. Extreme tiredness, memory problems. I finished the Epclusa a month ago and the virus is still undetectable but the side effects are going away VERY slowly. A month later I am still exhausted but happy I was cured. (Fingers crossed - I will have my next checkup in 3 months)"

EastCoastJoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I had hep c, genotype 3 for years with my viral load over 6 million. I took this med for 30 days with very minimal side effects over a year ago. I’m extremely proud to say it worked! I’m cured! I just did a blood test. I can’t say enough good things about this drug! It truly saves lives. Good luck on your journey. I hope it does the same for everyone that needs it."

Anonymous October 19, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "On Friday I finished my last epclusa tablet. I am still having low heart rate and the cardiologists thanks it could be the medication and we will wait and see since my script was finishing the day after my appointment. I had to do a Stress Test and Echo Cardiogram, which I tired out (two weeks ago), he still wants me to finish this ASAP. I have done much research and my father a physician stressed the Vegas Nerve can cause much problems with heart, migraine, to many stomach upsets if it has been irritated. Since looking up the exercises to stimulate the Vegas Nerve I can tell a difference in the sinus/ ear infection and the Heart arythmia that plagued me. Thus causing discomfort and feeling fearful...Now no more and also chocolate caused me to have them. My brain fog started clearing up three weeks ago...And my ammonia levels started to return to normal- so off Lactalose/ having some GURD. The virus was not detectable after first month of treatment. God Bless."

Art580 October 14, 2018