User Reviews for Sofosbuvir / velpatasvir

Hepatitis C
8.3

Summary of Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir reviews 8.3 141 reviews

Reviews for Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have had Genotype 2 for over 50 years w/o knowing it! My viral load was 12 million/ML. Had several blood transfusions in 1964/1965. I have been on EPCLUSA since Aug 14th. First blood test Sep 12th, and the virus can no longer be detected! I am so grateful and happy right now!!! Someone here said to drink lots of water, so I drink at least 100 oz/day. Thank you Gilead, for developing this drug, and thank you Drugs.com for creating this review site! I read everyone's review before starting EPCLUSA, and it helped to know what to look for!"

Grateful Senior Citizen (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Today, 31 days after starting this WONDERFUL drug, my lab test came back "Not Detectable" I have had Hep C for 53 years, without knowing it for 52 years. Blood transfusion in 1965. I have had no side effects. My advice to everyone that is starting it: Drink at least 100 ounces of water every day, limit caffeine, fake sugars and spicy stuff. Coffee, hot sauce and Splenda were aggravating my tinnitus, and cutting back fixed it. Best of luck to everybody, and thank you Gilead for developing this drug! You saved my life!"

Kat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am at 3 weeks today and I have noticed I do have a headache pretty much all of the time and the pain in my lower back is starting to get pretty bad, there are the occasional muscle aches and I am noticeably much more tired but even all of this is ok with 2 Excedrin. I have not noticed any changes in mood even being on anti depressants. I am just grateful!"

Ammie September 10, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have had Hep C for 20 plus years, maybe longer. Ten years ago the procrite and interferon ten month torture did nothing other than make me sicker than I have ever been for longer than I have ever been. Ten months of god knows what, tired, extreme flue like symptoms, fatigue, diminished brain function, divorce, etc etc etc. Did not get ride of the virus and took at least six months to recover to 80% of my physical and mental capabilities. Ten years later I am on my fourth week of epclusa. Although the long term affects of taking this are still unknown I can say my side affects so far are minimal. A tolerable head ache - less headache the more water I drink - fatigue but manageable. Sleep just fine. No noticeable joint pain. No additional depression. So if this is all I will endure for the next eight weeks and it kills the virus with no long term side affects then this is truly a marvel of modern science."

ra September 7, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was diagnosed with hep c 2004, I didn't feel any symptoms of the disease, but my viral count was near 4mil. The second of 4 blood tests show not detectable. I felt no side effects except maybe a little moody ,slept well and maintained a good appetite throughout the whole process"

Gratefulgeorge (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I've had Hep C for 8 years now and I've started taking epclusa, its been 2 weeks and all of a sudden I'm getting severe stomach aches like someone punched me in the solar plexus and constant bout of the runs for 48 hours now. I completed a logistics and forklift licence and got a interview on Monday, at this rate I won't be able to work either from the pain or the runs, pain first and then the follow on. When I first started it my muscle fatigue reduced dramatically and I felt energy like I was a new person again. I really don't know how long these side-effects are going to last for but I feel like I constantly need access to a bathroom lol. My blood count was in the mere hundreds so I don't know why I'm having such bad pains. It literally doubles me over wherever I am at the time. I hope you guys are feeling better than I am and no matter what keep taking the epclusa otherwise it'll all be for nothing! Peace out."

Nate August 31, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was diagnosed with Hep C, gen type 2, six years ago and was devastated. I started treatment 8 weeks ago. After the first 4 weeks my viral load was undetectable, talk about a relief! I was feeling pretty poorly before the treatment started, and I feel great now! I have had no side effects other than a very slight headache a couple of times. I am starting my last 4 week treatment this Monday, and I am thrilled with the results."

pacman (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have been on Epclusa for a little over a week and I have no side effects at all. I take it after work around 4 pm and I still wake up at 4 am and work until 4 pm with no problems. I have had Hep C for 15 years and was terrified of treatment because of all of the negative side effects I was warned about. I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity to be cured from this illness and the best part with the manufacturer's coupon I only paid $5.00 out of pocket after my insurance. I have read several reviews and to be honest I am still nervous though that I will develop unpleasant side effect after several weeks of taking the medication or even after finishing it. For now though I am just going to continue to have hope that maybe I won't."

Ammie (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "My eyes were green . They are bright blue now. I've been on med since July 5th."

Gypsy August 10, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Finished my 12 week treatment 4 days ago on the 25 July 2018, No side effects the whole treatment, in fact I have never felt so good. This morning I woke up feeling really sore, aching and tired but not sick, grumpy and irritable. I didn’t realise there maybe some form of withdrawals from the medication but it makes sense. I have stayed healthy, worked no less than 4 times a week since starting treatment. Today I feel exhausted, horrible and depressed. I'm hoping this feeling goes away. I will update in a week or so. I’m still saying 10/10 because I’m so thankful to have been able to use this medication"

Treatmentcomplete18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I’m 61 and I’ve had Hep c for over 30 years. My viral load was almost 2 million. It went down to 0 within my first month with no negative side effects and my enzymes are normal. I’ve got 8 more weeks to go. Hope it stays away forever... God Bless!"

Fran (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "My husband is on day 55 of Epclusa. He has done fantastic so far! Levels have lowered, soon hopefully gone, and has had minimal issues, and no serious issues that has prevented him from working (he does concrete and physical labor in 100+ degrees daily) he has had some headaches, and the further on he goes, the worse his bone and joint pain gets, but again, not debilitating. He looks at the brighter side daily and having a positive attitude is the key to tolerating the aches and pains that comes along. He has had dizzy spells, so we increase his water intake, and it makes it better. No other medications were tried prior to this, so I can't speak for them, but I can say that Epclusa has definitely been a liver saver! It also takes a lot for your significant other to be a part of this, speaking personally, and dealing with the irritability and mood changes.. but I also, look at the brighter side, and stay optimistic. A good attitude is needed for all involved!"

Jacobem2629 July 25, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Started Epclusa 400 mg 1 tablet a day and I'm up to day 6. I contracted Hep C in 1970 at the age of 5 from a blood transfusion. Diagnosed in 1996, Genotype 1a. 1st treatment in 2002. Have seen more specialists and tests than I care to admit. Referred in Jan. for evaluation for a liver transplant. Meld (Model For End-Stage Liver Disease) score was 15. On a early transplant list. Insurance will only cover 3 months (12 weeks) of treatment. Epclusa was chosen. Side effects are more mild than previous treatment, but still very early in process. Constant headache, pressure like a band around front of head, nausea, extreme tiredness, and some cramping and diarrhea. Very low energy. I drink 90-100 oz. of water daily. Take medication right before bedtime with a light snack. On 5 other medications as well. Have never smoked, drank or taken drugs. It’s taken decades to get here, and I pray once and for all there is a cure for this insidious virus that has affected millions, upon millions of people around the globe."

PrayingtobefreeofHepC (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Have not started until next week. I thought giving a premedication condition report. Unsure when I got Hep C (but think 2012) medical procedure, No complications until about 6 months ago, I stopped drinking alcohol (10 Years) ago and Passed out due to being dehydrated (never drank water) now 6-8 bottles a day, no more sodas. My mental state is very spacey and somewhat dizzy, (ALL due to what I had to figure out on my own Ammonia levels high) causing hepatic encephalopathy and also a sinus infection at same time (not knowing which is worst)... The brain fog is very very bad and I am trying to care for my 86 yo mother. Very forgetful, depression, health worries, stomach aches and high and low pulse rates due to depression and situation. I have been told next weeks to get meds for months now... So I will log more once I do get the Epclusa medicine...Prayers for and sent to all...God Bless."

Art580 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am on day 18...I had fatigue 1st 4 days but have been feeling great since . They won't test my blood for 3 months after I finish the treatment so I won't know until December. I figure I have had hep c for 13yrs. I was getting sick even though 2 top specialists said that my symptoms weren't from the hep c. I knew they were so now I know I was right all along . Trying to tell me I was crazy . I hopeful for this treatment."

Finallyfeelinggood (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have hep c genotype 2b viral load over 10 million I started epclusa 4 days ago. I was really excited as for the first two days I had absolutely no side effects . Now relentless over production of stomach acid. My stomach is on fire and I feel like I wanna throw up all the time. I pray this goes away. I was an iv drug user for over 20 years and an alcoholic. I walked away from both of those deadly habits. Now I just wanna get rid of this horrible virus."

Xjunkie2bgreatfull (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "On day 13 and am suffering severe lower back pain on the left side. Hot pad helps a lot. Getting more energy every day and feel very good in the morning running out of gas mid afternoon. Looking forward to completion. These back pains tho......ouch..."

t-roy (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Let me say when I was first put on Mavyret. Within 3 days I had the first psychotic episode of my life.....side effects they don't mention. Epclusa was fantastic though. Day 1, I could feel the medicine hit and I could also feel when it was metabolized a few hours later. I felt high day 1 but after that not really. Honestly maybe some mild relaxing effect. My first bloodwork came back viral load undetected and subsequent tests the same. I am done with the medicine now. Overall I had such mild side effects it is hard to say that they even were side effects. I felt really tired for about 3 days after completing the medicine. Maybe a few slight headaches. I made sure to drink 90 oz of water a day and took the meds with food in the evening. These definitely helped curb side effects. If you feel sick at all drink more pure water and take the meds with food."

Brigid C (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Day 11: I am in good spirits and everything is going well. The one issue I do have is excessive tiredness, when I get tired I am really tired."

MissingCally (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "After living with Hep C genotype 3 for 25 years and at the age of 66 , I was put on Epclusa for 12 weeks. After 1 month, there was no trace of the virus. I continued to take it until the last dose. I did have side effects the worst being stomach aches, ringing in my ears, and extreme irritability. It has been one year after my treatment and the virus is undetected. Epclusa literally saved my life. I was in Stage one liver cirrhosis and I was very ill all of the time. I feel so much better now. One side effect that seems to be permanent is the ringing in the ears."

Chaz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 30, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Today is the 27th of June I'm starting my first day. Up to this day hepatitis C has ruined my life. I am Geno type 2 I don't know what my viral load was the doctor does though. I have been so scared to take this medicine but I have deteriorated from 250 lb down to 180 lb. I had bad liver pain, abdominal pain, very fatigued and other issues hopefully this works"

GunnerBoy76 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am on week 7 of my treatment and I have had severe headaches, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, and fatigue. My doctor says she doesn't understand why I'm having these side effects and doesn't seem to want to do anything to help alleviate them. I'm going through a clinic that has helped me get my medication for FREE through the Gilead Support Path Program. The people who work for this program are so helpful and wonderful! It took me a couple months from the first doctors appointment until the medication finally arrived at my doorstep (yes they actually deliver it my house!) But it was well worth the wait. I don't know how well I'm responding to treatment yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The side effects have been awful for me but I know that it's all worth it in the long run! Thank goodness for the Support Path Program! Without it I would've never been able to afford treatment."

Mandy June 20, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm a 34 year old women healthy other then hep c. I got hep c from a blood transfusion when I was a baby. AST & ALT have always fluctuated and have been elevated. Fibro score (estimate of scarring in liver) was f1-f2 Also I was geno type 3. I never even take Advil so I was very scared to use this drug. Side effects was ringing in my ears, teeth sensitivity and not headache but like a weird head change. Nothing major and I felt very normal otherwise. I took the pill right before I went to sleep at night. Never missed a pill.After first month viral load not detected after 6 months still not detected so I am cured. And all AST & ALT are now normal. My fibro score stayed the same after 3 months but I was told my liver is still healing and your liver does heal. So I will give it more time and with the help of herbs and vitamins. Ear ringing went away but still happens occasionally. I hope everyone can be cured of this disease. We will win this battle."

Hope143 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "First two days of epclusa and I have horrible stomach pains with diarrhea and tiredness hopefully it passes. Just ready to be cured. I have heard good things about this drug."

Snow (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

Epclusa (sofosbuvir / velpatasvir) for Hepatitis C: "Had hep c 2b viral load 6 million. From the first day through the 12 week regimen I had no side effects. Actually felt great the whole time before starting was tired all the time lost weight and just felt bad all the time. Took my last dose May 2nd will take another blood test in August am praying it will be negative!"

Sail21 June 15, 2018