User Reviews for Zepatier

Learn more about Zepatier.

Hepatitis C 15 reviews 23 medications

8.6
Summary of Zepatier reviews 15 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Zepatier

For Hepatitis C "I'm a 39 year old white male, 6'2 201 pounds, diagnosed with chronic Hep C For 6 years at least. I started zepatier four weeks ago, just got my first blood work done yesterday and got the results today... the virus is already undetectable! No side effects at all... I have 8 more weeks to go of the medication, one tablet every morning... good luck with your treatment. If you haven't got into some form of treatment, I highly suggest it. You'll be glad you did. If you are an addict, I suggest stopping in order to get treated.. even if you smoke weed, I suggest stopping.. I had a friend who was turned down for the treatment because he had weed in his system! They will not treat you if you have anything in your system. life is too precious!"

Youraveragejoe March 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I am 54, female, have no idea how long I have got HCV and I have just started Zepatier on 19.02.17. I am on my 3rd week now. Current side effects are not noticeable other than extremely fatigue started on the second week of treatment. Today I felt just as tired as previous days since started Zepatier. I will update this as my treatment progresses. Hopefully, this helps someone know what to expect from their first dose of Zepatier."

L190217 March 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I am starting week 8 of a 12 week treatment with zepatier. I am genotype 1a and started treatment with a VL of 171000, ALT 90, and F0 fibrosis score. Took blood test 30 days into treatment, VL was undetected and ALT dropped to 23. I can honestly say I have had zero negative side effects whatsoever. Positive side effects were more energy, decreased brain fog and overall feelings of optimism and well being. I would also like to add that I am 26 and generally in good health. I have eaten a low sodium diet high in fruits and vegetables as well as staying away from processed and fried foods. I do not drink alcohol or do drugs and am not on any other prescription medications. So far, I only have good things to say about zepatier."

Ac55 February 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "5.5 weeks into 12 week course of Zepatier for GT4. The first week, I had some weird aches and pains and could not tolerate alcohol (not a big drinker but after a few sips of wine, I got really unwell - not had a drink since). Apart from some fatigue, there has been no other side effects. However, the fatigue is lessening each week and I have been able to work and maintain a normal life throughout. After 4 weeks, blood results show all LFTs are well within normal range. HCV & VL not tested since starting treatment. It looks like it's working :) Keep you posted!"

Palisade12 February 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "End of week 4 and mild side effects like fatigue and stomach cramps. Diarrhea subsided also, I feel pretty good but couple days out the week it feels like my heart is beating slow and I feel light headed, nauseous, headache and whole body ache."

Anose11 (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I started Zepatier in July 2016 and completed the 12 week program . I did have some side effects which included headache and fatigue but that only lasted for the first few weeks . I found that while taking the medication you kind of feel a little off/not yourself but I continued to go to work throughout the program . My 4 week blood work came back virus not detected as did my 8 week and 12 week end of treatment . I just received my 6 month bloodwork and the virus is still not detected . I was a little worried when I first started taking this medication about side effects and the final outcome but as I look back now the decision was the right one and outcome was what I hoped for ."

Frozen Pond January 13, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Going into week 2 and my side effects has subsided. I feel pretty good I must say. Will keep you posted week by week."

Anise11 January 8, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Had hep.C for 35yrs. Started Zepatier/Ribavirin with viral load of 16,000,000.(16wks.) 3rd. wk.went down to <15 viral load. 7th. wk.,un-detectable. Feel much better, only annoying side effect is scalp lesions, face has red dryness, chin, a little scabby-dry it's a small thing though. Think its from ribavirin."

AndrewColicchio (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I am on day 3 and found diarrhea is terrible and feeling tired."

Anise11 January 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I'm a 64 y.o. male who has had HCV1 for about 35 years. I have had my liver checked regularly at the VA hospital for the last few years and because its functions were good, was told to postpone treating it because better treatments were 'right around the corner.' I have watched several friends, including my ex-wife, go through interferon treatment and every one experienced negative side effects. Its administration was complicated and much longer than Zepatier's 1/day for 12 wks. My viral load went from 8,000,000 to 43 in 6 weeks. I have been drowsy and it has affected my mental state but only in a positive way. HCV's impact on our minds is variant and getting rid of it may take some adjustment. But it beats the hell out of cancer."

StanFlouride (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I DO NOT RECOMMEND Zepatier because of its long-term side effects. Before starting the medication, my father was able to walk around and care for himself and get things done. During the 12-week course of Zepatier, he reported extreme fatigue among other side effects. He would often have to nap after waking up mid-morning, then again after 3 or 4 hours. He is an avid cook, but did not have the energy to cook, and experienced a decrease in appetite. 3 weeks AFTER he completed his 12-week course of Zepatier, he is worse than he was before starting. He is still unable to stay awake throughout the day. Every little task exhausts him before he can complete it."

Alex5213 November 28, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "Well, I dont speak english very well but want people know mi experience with zepatier. My first lab before treatment have ALT and AST high, fibroscan F2, viral load over 600000. First week the symptoms were extreme fatigue but better than interferon and Rivabirin. I have depression before treatment but I felt more depressed . The second week the labs results were all good AST and ALT normal range. The symptom of the second week are : my eyes have slow movements like dizzy, the fatigue and loss of appetite but like always like to said 100 percent better than Interferon and rivavirin. Today I start the second week of the second month and the RNA quantitative its extremely low that they didn't put numbers ,but i need to go to Dr office to be sure"

BigsPR (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I am on my last week of 12 taking Zepatier and have had absolutely no side effects EXCEPT I have gained 6 pounds while taking this drug...not sure why I just want to carb load. I was on this site wondering about long term effects on my body from taking a drug that I know nothing about but I will not have hep c, the virus is now non detectable in my blood tests after having it for over 40 years."

Rleesue2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I've had hip c for a long time maybe 40 some years and I've started ZEPATIER three weeks ago and I've noticed a slight difference in my health meaning I feel a little better and I've had no side affects so far I'm glad I finally got help and I'm putting it behind me , get help you'll be glad you did ."

hot dog June 7, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hepatitis C "I have just started Zepatier and in the morning I will start my fourth day of treatment. Current side effects are not noticeable other than extremely fatigue the first two days. Today I felt just as tired as normal, since chronic fatigue is the most noticeable side effect to my Hep C. I am set to do bloodwork every two weeks throughout my treatment and see my physician every three. I will update this as my treatment progresses but wanted to post incase others were looking for feedback like me. Hopefully even this little bit helps someone know what to expect from their first dose of Zepatier. Stay strong and God bless"

Nathendaniel (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016