User Reviews for Zepatier

Hepatitis C
8.9

Summary of Zepatier reviews 8.9 44 reviews

Reviews for Zepatier

For Hepatitis C "I am on day 12 of Zepatier. I have had to tweak the times of when I take the medication, and have found that 7 pm is the best for me. I do experience muscle ache, headache, fatigue when I take it. I sleep like a log. This way, I am able to enjoy the day without those side effects. Yesterday was the first day I felt results. I was thrilled! I haven't had that kind of energy or clarity of the brain for so long, I don't remember! It is kicking in now, obviously. I woke this morning, clear, happy, optimistic. Oh happy day! I realize I will have to go through a bit of discomfort for a few hours a day. And it really isn't that bad at all. I hope things continue this way. Over the moon. Counting the days until I get my first bloodwork."

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2019

For Hepatitis C " I got problems with my esophagus from the first week that I took zepatier .I have now been cured of hepatitis C and am five months without zepatier and still have the same problem. After two opinions of specialists to ask is the opinion that by ingestion of that medication and I also have no bile left. There is a stomach and esophagus that lets in acid that has formed into a kind of sulfuric acid. I've already taken a lot of medication for it. Hopefully I get even better."

Trice (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2019

For Hepatitis C "I have had Hep C 1a for 47 years ... started Zepatier 4 weeks ago... only side effects have been sleep disturbances, frequent waking, occasional body itchiness, insomnia, nightmares, and generally disturbed and unrestful sleep. This has worsened during week 3 and 4. I go tomorrow am for the results of recent blood tests. I am expecting that the virus will be cleared and I will settle in for the next 3 months. I highly recommend Zepatier especially after not being able to tolerate Interferon/Ribavarin treatment six years ago. "

daka (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

For Hepatitis C "just took #10 pill of zepatier prescription, 10 days in & have had almost no side effects but more energy & generally feeling better & not foggy head ,so far it's been a great experience, can't wait to be hep c free. Getting first blood test of treatment 27 days in ,looking so forward to having it come back "cured ""

al (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I am 58 and was diagnosed about 6 months ago with HCV- Type 1A. Anyway...long story shortened- I am now finishing week 4 of Zepatier. Just got back my blood tests for Week 3 and all tests came back normal, including the ALT and AST, which were very elevated months ago, prompting the HCV test. More important, the HCV virus is now undetectable, after 3 weeks of treatment. I had a viral load before of 4,600,000,000 when tested before treatment began. My side effects have been tiredness and itching at night...mostly the scalp area, where the Lichen Planus was very active already. I have noticed that I do have some blurry vision, but the joint pains I had been experiencing the past year prior to treatment have lessened, and my hair is growing and thickening (was dry and brittle due to the HCV). I look forward to the end of treatment, and highly recommend Zepatier! Thank you!"

Bug (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I have 17 days left on a 12 week study. I got the medications free as I am on a study comparing zepatier and harvoni. I take the zepatier. I don't have my blood drawn until the end of 12 weeks. Initially, I thought I had a placebo. Into week 6 I experienced headaches. Fatigue. Hives. Heart burn. Hair loss dry mouth, constipation diarrhea, weakness and irritability."

Lucy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Just started treatment March 14/18 with zepatier, day 4 no side effects and not sure if its psychological but seem to have more energy then I've had in a long time as I've experience chronic fatigue for years as a result of hep c Viral load prior to starting treatment was 3,200,000 My specialist first recommended zepatier in Dec/17 and once my insurance was in place tried to switch my to epclusa, after I researched both I questioned his reasoning and was told he liked to use different drugs currently on market. I refused the change, as its "my body, my health" and requested to be prescribed zepatier which my speciaist did, as the blogs I've read are what I'm currently experiencing, no side effects, more energy. Looking forward to the end result. Will keep posting as treatment progresses, hoping to be to share the same results as most on this site and be finally hep c free. Thank you Blue Cross for covering the cost"

Blessed to be alive (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I had Hep C1a, first discovered in the early 90's. Participated in an experimental protease enzyme inhibitor in 2007 with ribavirin and interferon, had a Stevens Johnson reaction six months in and had to stop treatment. New Doctor suggested new treatment in spring of 2016, I was on zepatier for 12 weeks and have been viral free since August 17, 2016 . . . 18 months. No side effects from treatment."

Guy HA (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2018

For Hepatitis C "Age 74 Male, Genotype 1b, non-drinker. Counts in excess of 15,000,000, F3.5, ALT and AST Very High. In 4th week of Zepatier. Some fatigue, but perfectly manageable, no other side effects so far. Work and play as normal including international travel. Blood tests today. Results Soon."

Tex44 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I was born with HCV through unsanitary hospital conditions in Eastern Europe in the 80’s, have had it for my entire life (30 years). Today was my first day taking Zepatier, I am on the 12 week treatment. Genotype 1a or b, not sure, here’s hoping it works and I am cured."

Dk88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2018

For Hepatitis C "I have 5 days left of my 12 week treatment. Feeling great and very grateful with no side effects. Strongly recommend this treatment."

Anonymous December 3, 2017

For Hepatitis C "I have Hepatitis C -1b! When I started the treatment I had 4 728 000 viral load! On my fourth week I made blood tests! They were perfect and the virus was not found!!! Now, it's my ninth week, ! I want to share that during the weeks I didn't have any side-effects! At all!! Zepatier is working very well! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest four weeks!"

Deti59 October 24, 2017

For Hepatitis C "Told my doctor I was not feeling good, blood work showed ALT level not good, but no hep C to be found. Went back with more and more complaints and after 3 test 4 weeks later Hep C showed up. Two weeks later I was in a Hep C study so I did not have to pay for the medication. First 3 day's on Zepatier I was like new, so much energy, after that it went down. Muscle pain, sleepy, headache, skin problems, nerve system problems. The same I was feeling before the treatment, so at this point I don't know if it's working, maybe it's the side effects now !. I'm now in day 21 and my doctor told me I should definitely feel better after 4 weeks, and maybe not !. It's stressful because you don't really have somebody to talk. Keep you posted."

Hep C study (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017

For Hepatitis C "I've just finished 12 weeks of Zepatier for the treatment of Hepatitis C Virus (HVC) and the most difficult things to deal with were headaches and fatigue. I also had sore throats as well which only lasted a day or two. My bloods at 4 weeks showed zero virus and am looking forward to see what my next blood test will show. Will update my results when they are through."

Rici (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2017

For Hepatitis C "I started taking Zepatier three days ago! No sides effects till now! I would like to share only this that I feel a slight pain in the back of the head. That's all for now! I'll keep my fingers crossed till I finish in 12 weeks! :) Update: Now, I've finish my 3rd week of the treatment! No sides effects, even my blood test is brilliant! I'll inform you when I finish my 8 week!Update: Incredible!!!!!!!!!!! On my 31st day, the virus is undetectable! Before start taking Zepatier I had 4.796.191 viral load, now the results are negative! No side effects! Zepatier is working very well! Thank you Zepatier!"

Detelina (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2017

For Hepatitis C "I'm 40 and had hep C for 20 years. I'm currently into my second week so I don't know if it has started to work as yet. I don't seem to have any adverse side affects, fatigue some days - not all. Still manage to work long hours and look after family and horses so I guess that would make any one tired! All good up to now and looking forward to being hep c free. Good luck"

Ladymoma (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

For Hepatitis C "My husband had Hep C Genotype 1a. He is 57. We got the diagnosis 5 years ago. They think he has had this for at least 25 years. He got a tattoo our in Sturgis at a raunchy bar. No needle use. That being said, he wasn't a good candidate for previous treatment until Zepatier came along. We were so happy and grateful this medication came along and covered by our insurance. After 2 week's his viral load was at 0 and his blood work was normal with all liver tests. He had severe joint pain while taking this medication. He has been off of zepatier for two weeks now, he feels worse than he ever had in his life. Severe fatigue, weakness, no appetite, joint pain and depression. I can honestly tell you, he would not have taken this medication."

Reality123 August 16, 2017

For Hepatitis C "Finished treatment almost a week ago. Undetectable virus load two weeks into treatment. Virus remains undetectable Odd mild headache which lasted a couple of minutes, but took no medication whatsoever avoiding possible interaction. I've had no other side effects. I continue working and living my normal life. I eat plenty vegetables; smoothie made of fresh bananas, blackberries, blueberries, mango and kiwis. I kept the weight at bay and drink fresh beetroot with green apple. No alcohol or fried foods & drunk lukewarm water mixed with fresh lemon juice & swallow raw garlic with an empty stomach. Contaminated illness during my childhood. Don't despair. Treatment works & it's bearable. Best to you all."

Outothisworld (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Fromanotherplanet (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

For Hepatitis C "I started a month ago and my viral load went from 2 million to being undetected already . This is truly a great drug . Have not had any major side effects . I have more energy now than I have had in over 20 years. This may not be advertised heavily like Harvoni but this works just as good if not better when you read all the side effects of Harvoni . Give it a shot I'm surprised it has worked so fast ."

Jdiff79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

For Hepatitis C "I liked the packaging; glad they are undercutting Gillead on price. Someone needed to. Small size, easy to swallow. Side effects were mild for the most part. A little hard to tell for me because of another concurrent ailment. Helps to stay hydrated."

legalalian (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

For Hepatitis C "I was on zepatier for a 3 month treatment. Read my review from late February to get early details but long story short I got my test results today and am officially Sustained Viral Response undetectable for 12 weeks (SVR12). For me the treatment was a breeze as I had 0 side effects. I was undetected 30 days into treatment and have remained that way ever since. I highly recommend zepatier for anyone battling hep c. You will be very glad you did."

AC55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

For Hepatitis C "Hi, I have geneotype 1 Hep C. I have had for 8 years. I am starting my 4th week of treatment. The first few days I noticed that my mind seemed foggy and my eyes were blurry even with my glasses on. I actually had energy up until week 3. I have been very tired and it has been hard to focus. I have had terrible insomnia since about the second week that has only gotten worse. I am very tired but the insomnia intensifies the fogginess and fatigue. I've noticed that I get a little nauseated and my stomach hurts for a couple of hours after the meds but then it goes away. I hope this helps."

Angelbaby30436 June 14, 2017

For Hepatitis C "After 9 weeks of treatment my Hep C is finally undetectable. I have extreme fatigue have had it for most of the treatment. Hopefully it will get better after treatment. Only 6 days left till I'm done treatment."

Henrietta Huneycutt June 9, 2017

For Hepatitis C "I am on my 9th day of treatment with zepatier for Hep C I am doing very well with no side effects can't even tell I'm taking it.. So glad I finally got treatment it sure has been a journey."

Dlr35 June 6, 2017