User Reviews for Zepatier

Learn more about Zepatier.

Hepatitis C 30 reviews 25 medications

8.9
Summary of Zepatier reviews 30 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Zepatier

For Hepatitis C "I started taking Zepatier three days ago! No sides effects till now! I would like to share only this that I feel a slight pain in the back of the head. That's all for now! I'll keep my fingers crossed till I finish in 12 weeks! :) Now, I finish my 3rd week of the treatment! No sides effects, even my blood test is brilliant! I'll inform you when I finish my 8 week!"

Detelina (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm 40 and had hep C for 20 years. I'm currently into my second week so I don't know if it has started to work as yet. I don't seem to have any adverse side affects, fatigue some days - not all. Still manage to work long hours and look after family and horses so I guess that would make any one tired! All good up to now and looking forward to being hep c free. Good luck"

Ladymoma (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "My husband had Hep C Genotype 1a. He is 57. We got the diagnosis 5 years ago. They think he has had this for at least 25 years. He got a tattoo our in Sturgis at a raunchy bar. No needle use. That being said, he wasn't a good candidate for previous treatment until Zepatier came along. We were so happy and grateful this medication came along and covered by our insurance. After 2 week's his viral load was at 0 and his blood work was normal with all liver tests. He had severe joint pain while taking this medication. He has been off of zepatier for two weeks now, he feels worse than he ever had in his life. Severe fatigue, weakness, no appetite, joint pain and depression. I can honestly tell you, he would not have taken this medication."

Reality123 August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Finished treatment almost a week ago. Undetectable virus load two weeks into treatment. Virus remains undetectable Odd mild headache which lasted a couple of minutes, but took no medication whatsoever avoiding possible interaction. I've had no other side effects. I continue working and living my normal life. I eat plenty vegetables; smoothie made of fresh bananas, blackberries, blueberries, mango and kiwis. I kept the weight at bay and drink fresh beetroot with green apple. No alcohol or fried foods & drunk lukewarm water mixed with fresh lemon juice & swallow raw garlic with an empty stomach. Contaminated illness during my childhood. Don't despair. Treatment works & it's bearable. Best to you all."

Outothisworld (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Fromanotherplanet (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I started a month ago and my viral load went from 2 million to being undetected already . This is truly a great drug . Have not had any major side effects . I have more energy now than I have had in over 20 years. This may not be advertised heavily like Harvoni but this works just as good if not better when you read all the side effects of Harvoni . Give it a shot I'm surprised it has worked so fast ."

Jdiff79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I liked the packaging; glad they are undercutting Gillead on price. Someone needed to. Small size, easy to swallow. Side effects were mild for the most part. A little hard to tell for me because of another concurrent ailment. Helps to stay hydrated."

legalalian (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I was on zepatier for a 3 month treatment. Read my review from late February to get early details but long story short I got my test results today and am officially Sustained Viral Response undetectable for 12 weeks (SVR12). For me the treatment was a breeze as I had 0 side effects. I was undetected 30 days into treatment and have remained that way ever since. I highly recommend zepatier for anyone battling hep c. You will be very glad you did."

AC55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Hi, I have geneotype 1 Hep C. I have had for 8 years. I am starting my 4th week of treatment. The first few days I noticed that my mind seemed foggy and my eyes were blurry even with my glasses on. I actually had energy up until week 3. I have been very tired and it has been hard to focus. I have had terrible insomnia since about the second week that has only gotten worse. I am very tired but the insomnia intensifies the fogginess and fatigue. I've noticed that I get a little nauseated and my stomach hurts for a couple of hours after the meds but then it goes away. I hope this helps."

Angelbaby30436 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "After 9 weeks of treatment my Hep C is finally undetectable. I have extreme fatigue have had it for most of the treatment. Hopefully it will get better after treatment. Only 6 days left till I'm done treatment."

Henrietta Huneycutt June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am on my 9th day of treatment with zepatier for Hep C I am doing very well with no side effects can't even tell I'm taking it.. So glad I finally got treatment it sure has been a journey."

Dlr35 June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I started my 12 week regimen of Zepatier the beginning of April. As of the beginning of April, I have known I have had Genotype 1 (I think) for about 4 years untreated. Also at this time I have had complete sobriety from all mind and mood altering substances including marijuana and alcohol for 19 consecutive months. After my first four weeks of medication (28 doses), I was instructed by my doctor to get bloodwork done. After 4 weeks and 28 doses, my hep c was negative. As far as side effects, I experienced slight fatigue during my first week of treatment but that subsided. I am now into my 9th week of the treatment and am having no adverse effects to the medication at all. Definitely worth it."

Kevm57 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am a 20 year old female, one of the youngest patients my doctor has ever treated! Thankfully being pregnant helped me detect it! I'm on my 3rd week of treatment with Zepatier. The first 2 weeks have been fine with a few headaches here and there but now I'm in the 3rd week I've become really ill. I'm not 100% sure it's from the medication but I can't think of anything else it could be and nobody else is ill. I have a really sore throats and dry mouth, my joints hurt and I just have no energy! Luckily I've not been sick but I'm on day 2 of this illness so it could go anywhere! I'm going to speak to my doctor on Monday if I'm no better and keep you updated but I will keep on my medication so I can fight this!"

MollyJ96 June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Will be starting this medication very soon. I have many trepidations about the meds: Is the drug worse than the disease, am I doing myself more harm than good, is this all about making Drs. next BMW payment. You have to trust so many people, Drs., big drug company's. And in general do they really have our best interest in mind. I am so confused. Am I making the right decision ? I just don't know ."

brud1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I started taking Zepatier 2 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks no problem. Then one night I became very sick and was vomiting everywhere and had continuous diarrhea. I found it very strange for the side affects to all of a sudden do this. Since this I have come off the treatment. I would also like to point out that I was also coming off GHB and Meth at the same time. Now that I'm clean I was never a heavy user just recreational I'm going to try it again as I'm sure it had something to do with my withdrawal process from GHB"

Britlad1972 May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm a 39 year old white male, 6'2 201 pounds, diagnosed with chronic Hep C For 6 years at least. I started zepatier four weeks ago, just got my first blood work done yesterday and got the results today... the virus is already undetectable! No side effects at all... I have 8 more weeks to go of the medication, one tablet every morning... good luck with your treatment. If you haven't got into some form of treatment, I highly suggest it. You'll be glad you did. If you are an addict, I suggest stopping in order to get treated.. even if you smoke weed, I suggest stopping.. I had a friend who was turned down for the treatment because he had weed in his system! They will not treat you if you have anything in your system. life is too precious!"

Youraveragejoe March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am 54, female, have no idea how long I have got HCV and I have just started Zepatier on 19.02.17. I am on my 3rd week now. Current side effects are not noticeable other than extremely fatigue started on the second week of treatment. Today I felt just as tired as previous days since started Zepatier. I will update this as my treatment progresses. Hopefully, this helps someone know what to expect from their first dose of Zepatier."

L190217 March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am starting week 8 of a 12 week treatment with zepatier. I am genotype 1a and started treatment with a VL of 171000, ALT 90, and F0 fibrosis score. Took blood test 30 days into treatment, VL was undetected and ALT dropped to 23. I can honestly say I have had zero negative side effects whatsoever. Positive side effects were more energy, decreased brain fog and overall feelings of optimism and well being. I would also like to add that I am 26 and generally in good health. I have eaten a low sodium diet high in fruits and vegetables as well as staying away from processed and fried foods. I do not drink alcohol or do drugs and am not on any other prescription medications. So far, I only have good things to say about zepatier."

Ac55 February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "5.5 weeks into 12 week course of Zepatier for GT4. The first week, I had some weird aches and pains and could not tolerate alcohol (not a big drinker but after a few sips of wine, I got really unwell - not had a drink since). Apart from some fatigue, there has been no other side effects. However, the fatigue is lessening each week and I have been able to work and maintain a normal life throughout. After 4 weeks, blood results show all LFTs are well within normal range. HCV & VL not tested since starting treatment. It looks like it's working :) Keep you posted!"

Palisade12 February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "End of week 4 and mild side effects like fatigue and stomach cramps. Diarrhea subsided also, I feel pretty good but couple days out the week it feels like my heart is beating slow and I feel light headed, nauseous, headache and whole body ache."

Anose11 (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I started Zepatier in July 2016 and completed the 12 week program . I did have some side effects which included headache and fatigue but that only lasted for the first few weeks . I found that while taking the medication you kind of feel a little off/not yourself but I continued to go to work throughout the program . My 4 week blood work came back virus not detected as did my 8 week and 12 week end of treatment . I just received my 6 month bloodwork and the virus is still not detected . I was a little worried when I first started taking this medication about side effects and the final outcome but as I look back now the decision was the right one and outcome was what I hoped for ."

Frozen Pond January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Going into week 2 and my side effects has subsided. I feel pretty good I must say. Will keep you posted week by week."

Anise11 January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "Had hep.C for 35yrs. Started Zepatier/Ribavirin with viral load of 16,000,000.(16wks.) 3rd. wk.went down to <15 viral load. 7th. wk.,un-detectable. Feel much better, only annoying side effect is scalp lesions, face has red dryness, chin, a little scabby-dry it's a small thing though. Think its from ribavirin."

AndrewColicchio (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I am on day 3 and found diarrhea is terrible and feeling tired."

Anise11 January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hepatitis C "I'm a 64 y.o. male who has had HCV1 for about 35 years. I have had my liver checked regularly at the VA hospital for the last few years and because its functions were good, was told to postpone treating it because better treatments were 'right around the corner.' I have watched several friends, including my ex-wife, go through interferon treatment and every one experienced negative side effects. Its administration was complicated and much longer than Zepatier's 1/day for 12 wks. My viral load went from 8,000,000 to 43 in 6 weeks. I have been drowsy and it has affected my mental state but only in a positive way. HCV's impact on our minds is variant and getting rid of it may take some adjustment. But it beats the hell out of cancer."

StanFlouride (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2016